Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wake me when the add Magog to the cast. The JSA version, possibly Johns' dumbest creation ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

muscles like this? posted:

Although they're being vague about whether or not he's actually going to have powers.

Which means "No, he's just our obligatory shout out to the comics to remind people we exist in the DC world, maybe his Earth 2 counterpart will have powers for one episode."

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's like Smallville never ended.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
In our hearts it never did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiZJLCVweCY

Mortanis posted:

I... Huh. I really enjoyed him in Reaper but I'm having a hard time picturing him as a dude that's tough enough to be a vigilante.
Wild Dog is not a tough vigilante

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 16, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The last thing you want in a superhero show is someone with superpowers. It stretches believability!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
In this world with laser freeze guns, super-fast nerds, ladies with magic animal powers and men made of metal, we can't ruin the suspension of disbelief with a man made of metal!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

"I'm beyond Death's stroke now" :suicide:

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
OTOH, Durance was the best version of Lois put to any screen.

I'm not saying that's a high bar to hurdle or anything.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hottest, maybe, but best? Not even live action. Dana Delaney always the best in any medium.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Superman: CW Edition http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/supergirl-finds-its-superman-teen-wolf-star-tyler-hoechlin

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Seems a little young. The brief glimpse and mentions of him and his text message conversations he's been depicted as very paternal. It's weird for him to be Jimmy's pal who Jimmy looks up to but Clark Kent and Jimmy being the same age.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Seems a little young. The brief glimpse and mentions of him and his text message conversations he's been depicted as very paternal. It's weird for him to be Jimmy's pal who Jimmy looks up to but Clark Kent and Jimmy being the same age.

This is the CW dude, of course they went for young and handsome.

Suck it Welling.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Isn't the whole freaking plot of Supergirl that she got knocked off course and arrived as a kid with Superman already grown?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

greatn posted:

Yea, this is CW which means casting anyone older than 40 is usually frowned upon (I know they cast people over 40 but still.....)

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Obviously Clark ages slower of course.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

greatn posted:

Obviously Clark ages slower of course.

I mean, this is an established thing in the comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A while back I saw one of those Facebook fake trending headlines saying "Smallville's Welling interested in Supergirl role." In the actual article it said nobody had contacted him or anything about it.

I know in reality the site doing the interview brought it up, but I like to imagine Tom Welling is just sending feelers out there letting everyone know he'd totally be in Supergirl.

Edit: Actually I guess that's Jeb Bush. What I meant is he'd be willing to be part of the show.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

A while back I saw one of those Facebook fake trending headlines saying "Smallville's Welling interested in Supergirl role." In the actual article it said nobody had contacted him or anything about it.

I know in reality the site doing the interview brought it up, but I like to imagine Tom Welling is just sending feelers out there letting everyone know he'd totally be in Supergirl.

Edit: Actually I guess that's Jeb Bush. What I meant is he'd be willing to be part of the show.

Cast him as Lex Luthor, just to throw people for a loop.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Kara's ship was stuck in the Phantom Zone for 24 years and the show starts up about 10 years after she crashes, so Clark should be ~35. Hoechlin is 28 so he's not terribly young for the role.

More importantly this is the first time the CW has cast someone younger to play an older character; CW traditionally hires actors in their late 20s to play teenagers.

Aphrodite posted:

I dig this joke.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mortanis posted:

Kara's ship was stuck in the Phantom Zone for 24 years and the show starts up about 10 years after she crashes, so Clark should be ~35. Hoechlin is 28 so he's not terribly young for the role.

More importantly this is the first time the CW has cast someone younger to play an older character; CW traditionally hires actors in their late 20s to play teenagers.

I dig this joke.

That's *if* they go with him being older and don't retcon it to make him younger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Welling was posting a lot of pictures from the gym showing that he was ready to do the job but he looked pretty bad, his torso was horrifying. He was clearly hoping to get the gig to rescue him from his busy schedule of doing loving nothing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Adrian Chase/Vigilante has also been cast for Arrow. I am ready to raise my hopes high, and then feel the eventual disappointment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Adrian Chase/Vigilante has also been cast for Arrow. I am ready to raise my hopes high, and then feel the eventual disappointment.

I am so hard for this. Vigilante is one of my all time favorite series. Here's hoping for a semi accurate costume!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

I am so hard for this. Vigilante is one of my all time favorite series. Here's hoping for a semi accurate costume!

I'd imagine it will look more similar to the one that showed up late in Nightwing's book before the New 52 instead of the '80s suit. Though I think those were different guys because I seem to remember the one from the '80s killed himself or something. Unless of course you were talking about the costume of the original Vigilante, which I seriously doubt.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Looks like Arrow is going hard in the vigilantism/non-powered people area now that Ollie will be mayor, which is a goddamned shame because Anarky would have been perfect. But alas, the writers are bad.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

ToastyPotato posted:

Looks like Arrow is going hard in the vigilantism/non-powered people area now that Ollie will be mayor, which is a goddamned shame because Anarky would have been perfect. But alas, the writers are bad.

Anarky would have been a great political foil to Mayor Ollie if the writers didn't blow their load on him in a fill-in role on Season 4.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'd imagine it will look more similar to the one that showed up late in Nightwing's book before the New 52 instead of the '80s suit. Though I think those were different guys because I seem to remember the one from the '80s killed himself or something. Unless of course you were talking about the costume of the original Vigilante, which I seriously doubt.

As awesome as it would be to see the Greg Saunders version on the show I don't see it happening. This is Adrian Chase, the later one from Nightwing was his newly created brother.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I want it to be the cowboy one. No explanation, just random cowboy showing up to fights in the abandoned warehouse district with Team Arrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

I want it to be the cowboy one. No explanation, just random cowboy showing up to fights in the abandoned warehouse district with Team Arrow.

He was voiced by Nathan FIllion on JLU so the casting is already sorted there.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Okay the busted post has been annoying me for hours and nobody else has posted to make it go away.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Okay the busted post has been annoying me for hours and nobody else has posted to make it go away.

Ah. So that is a thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is Jesse Custer seriously still in that loving town 3 episodes in?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

At least the entire first season is set there.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
So Preacher is following Walking Dead's season 2's lead when it comes to set locations then.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think they were waiting to see if they get the ratings before AMC will give them the budget to stay the road trip. AMC are notoriously cheap with their shows.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Medullah posted:

At least the entire first season is set there.

That is disgusting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dacap posted:

I think they were waiting to see if they get the ratings before AMC will give them the budget to stay the road trip. AMC are notoriously cheap with their shows.

They're even cheaper with second seasons and beyond though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, it's a drag. :(

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
The show runners have said they're basically stretching out the first couple panels and giving us a season of introduction to the characters and concepts which the comic just dives into.

I think it's smart and this last episode was the first one I felt was treading water. Though it looks like they may have foreshadowed the town/church dying which I was afraid they wouldn't do since he already has the word.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Aphrodite posted:

They're even cheaper with second seasons and beyond though.

Yeah, it seems to depend on the show though. Mad Men got whatever they asked for. AMC tried to steal budget for it from Breaking Bad, but Gilligan and Sony stood up to them and threatened to take the show to FX. AMC backed down and ended up draining the budget from Walking Dead which resulted in the second season