Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kainser posted:

Did anyone at all want ultron?

yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx
I played Ultron on the test center and I had several problems, but none as severe as people in this thread seem to have had:

1/ His summons feel great to use, but there's no way to tell if you're maxed out them that I could find, which is a problem since they can die and seem to be a big part of his damage so not being able to keep track of how many are up at a time felt bad.

2/ He has no filler with any "oomph" in his summon spec. That's subjective but none of his buttons felt good or fun to use. I didn't try to build him as a melee summoner so that might have been the issue? Exception, he has an 8 second CD that focuses his summons and also 100% bruts/crits (I forget which) that was nice to use, but nothing complimented it.

3/ His ult was stupid.

edit: 4/ oh and his vulnerability applier loving knocks back and that's a god damned stupid decision.

MC Nietzche fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 22, 2016

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Could have been worse. Gaz might have picked Kamala Khan instead

Kamala Khan would have been loads better than Ultron.

Also, I'm really worried about this new crop of players with terrible ideas about what characters are good.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

nostrata posted:

Also, I'm really worried about this new crop of players with terrible ideas about what characters are good.

Good is subjective, the only "good" character I've seen so far is Squirrel Girl.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

There is a certain amount of subjectivity in what constitutes good, but there are actually objectively bad characters. From poor resource sustainability, to poor damage, to broken powers, to terrible designs, to slow map coverage, some characters are just bad.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Magneto is one such character.

Poor dude just bleeds spirit while leveling and he doesn't even have Colossus level damage in exchange.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Kamala Khan as Mr. F reskin, see if anyone even notices.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dely Apple posted:

kamala would probably have a teleport

people would notice

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I wanted ultron too, would have liked some more unique features than summoner with lasers though

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

nostrata posted:

A dude posted:

I absolutely love Kamala's comic, and it would be great to see her here, assuming a decent voice actress. Still from a power standpoint, she'd just be Reed with less ooomph.

Plus, we'd have to deal with the fudgefarmers going "haw haw haw, for her ult she flies a jetliner into Avengers tower!!!!"

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

She would be a potentially better Mr F. rather than worse Dr D. With the added bonus of pissing off the O.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

nostrata posted:

There is a certain amount of subjectivity in what constitutes good, but there are actually objectively bad characters. From poor resource sustainability, to poor damage, to broken powers, to terrible designs, to slow map coverage, some characters are just bad.

I'm curious because I am fairly new to the game, who goes on the bad list?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

where were all the people asking for kamala back when they were doing those character polls

gently caress you latecomers

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

MC Nietzche posted:

mostly it's just hawkeye over and over again

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Coming soon: Gwenpool :v:

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I was there voting for her Kelp.

Hawkeye, Magneto, Wolverine, taskmaster off the top of my head for characters that are not in a good spot.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

MC Nietzche posted:

Pretty much any hero that I enjoy :(

Hawkeye, Wolverine, Ant-Man, Colossus, Daredevil (?), Squirrel Girl, Taskmaster, War Machine, Mr. Fantastic (only played him on test center though), etc., etc.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Daredevil cruises along if you choose the option to just do finishers and opt to throw candy canes at people forever.

MC Nietzche
Oct 26, 2004

by exmarx

Polegrinder posted:

Pretty much any hero that I enjoy :(

Hawkeye, Wolverine, Ant-Man, Colossus, Daredevil (?), Squirrel Girl, Taskmaster, War Machine, Mr. Fantastic (only played him on test center though), etc., etc.

Awww I was looking forward to one day owning Ant-Man and horrifically consuming my enemies with piles of ants.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

MC Nietzche posted:

I found this on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelheroes/comments/4lvjro/always_like_this_guys_mh_reviews_and_guides_i/d3qwep1

It's a summary of this 40+ minute video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJQgb0h9_pg

Basically, anyone in the "bad" section has dated design that doesn't look or feel good, or they suffer from severe spirit management issues that make them a chore to play.

If you look at the videos description, he's got timestamps that'll put you right at the moment he's talking about whatever hero interests you, and he'll give you a bit more insight on them - stuff like, do their skills look cool, does their standard rotation tie your fingers into knots, how many viable builds they have, etc.

It's worth that pretty much everyone can be fun and effective, but some heroes definitely have a more modern design with flashier effects, and are generally less reliant on specific drops to make them feel good. Also, it's just one dudes opinion, but Marvel Heroes is pretty much his life and he's played / geared everyone before coming to any of the conclusions that he has.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

For what it's worth, I enjoyed antman for his ant swarming, and he's not bad leveling. I wouldn't say he was 'good' though. I also enjoyed starlord and the winter soldier when they first came out. Even enough to cosmic all 3 of them, but they still aren't good characters.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

MC Nietzche posted:

Invisimom doesn't have much boss-killing mojo.Cage can't clear trash mobs efficiently. X-23 is almost unworkable if you have less than ~2000 Omegles. Hawkeye just sucks.

Also, Rogue is awesome but she's definitely not for beginning players.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Mr. F, Magneto, Taskmaster, Squirrel Girl, Ant-Man are all fine. No problem to level, fine at end-game. Anyone still complaining about them hasn't played them recently or didn't make an effort to figure them out.

War Machine really lacks damage but is fun to play for some reason. Same for Juggernaut (not fun for me to play at all but lots like him).

Hawkeye has decent damage these days but is still so very dull.

Wolverine is just a mess.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Gynovore posted:

Invisimom doesn't have much boss-killing mojo.

Invisible Woman is among the top 5 in terms of dps right now along with lots of survivability. She's almost god tier.

Cage's Cage Was Here one-shots the entire screen. How does he not have trash-clear?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Cage is one of those heroes that is old enough to feel like warm, moist garbage when you actually use him.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Ant-Man is god drat awful but I'm told his sig changes everything

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lozareth posted:

Mr. F, Magneto, Taskmaster, Squirrel Girl, Ant-Man are all fine. No problem to level, fine at end-game. Anyone still complaining about them hasn't played them recently or didn't make an effort to figure them out.

War Machine really lacks damage but is fun to play for some reason. Same for Juggernaut (not fun for me to play at all but lots like him).

Hawkeye has decent damage these days but is still so very dull.

Wolverine is just a mess.

Lozareth posted:

Invisible Woman is among the top 5 in terms of dps right now along with lots of survivability. She's almost god tier.

Cage's Cage Was Here one-shots the entire screen. How does he not have trash-clear?

Listen to this man. Everyone else who posted about bad heroes has no idea what they are talking about.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Black Cat is good?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

If you don't like Anthony Mann then try putting points in his skills and attacking baddies.

If you do like Wolverine then please ask your doctor if Davebozipral is right for you.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Black Cat is good?

She was kind of annoying to level IIRC (spirit issues at low levels) and her top DPS build wants an extra button, but yeah she's a very good character

she's got high damage and extremely high innate survivability, a reasonably complex but not tedious damage rotation, and is a top choice to pick as a designated Danger Room clearer

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I liked pre-proc nerf Cyclops just bouncing his basic around only needing one skill ever.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

punchymcpunch posted:

If you don't like Anthony Mann then try putting points in his skills and attacking baddies.

If you do like Wolverine then please ask your doctor if Davebozipral is right for you.

I *want* Ant-Man to be easier to level that Colostomous but he is feeling just as bad and unfun

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Listen to this man. Everyone else who posted about bad heroes has no idea what they are talking about.

He also said that the Warcraft movie was good.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Ultron will be a good hero

he will solve all crime

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Ultron will be a good hero

he will solve all crime

"Death is the solution to all man's problems. No man, no problem" - Jospeh "Ultron" Stalin

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
"No woman, no cry"
-Bob "Ultron" Marley

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Kelp Plankton posted:

where were all the people asking for kamala back when they were doing those character polls

gently caress you latecomers

latecomers must apologize to us and then the Israeli people

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I haven't leveled ant man recently, but at level 60 he seems pretty good. Way above wolverine tier.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Gynovore posted:

Invisimom doesn't have much boss-killing mojo.

you're way behind the times on this, invisimom is actually pretty great at this now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So as a kind of new player. Should I take the 60/80 legendary and turn them for Odin marks so I can more easily gear a wider line up? Since I am leveling everyone I own to 60 during the event's. Maybe save a few of the really good ones. Since there does not seem to be a cake patrol next week I figured I would spend the next few days in cicp for cakes.

• Locked thread