Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

It could have been worse.

We could have ended up with a Gwengela or a Gwenom ongoing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gwenom is the best name for anything I've ever heard, though.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Travis343 posted:

Gwenom is the best name for anything I've ever heard, though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Everything I see today is better than the last thing I saw today.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

This was not the follow up to Punisher vs Archie I was expecting.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Now I want to know what the secret is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Dexie posted:

Now I want to know what the secret is.

It's made out of Reggie's pheromones.

[spoiler]that's not a joke[/url]

ub
Feb 9, 2003

no dont
Pillbug

Travis343 posted:

I'm not trying to be damning, poo poo. I just said it might be good and I thought the concept was neat. Dial it back a few paces, Gwenpool Defense Squadron.

It's basically the concept from Last Action Hero except with the Marvel universe instead of action movies. I like it.

Also, since Gwenpool has all this self-aware fourth-wall breaking knowledge I think it's neat that so far they've refrained from referencing her inspiration - Deadpool - which must be obvious to her (unless I missed it?).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

tldr Booster Gold with alternate dimensions instead of time travel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Yvonmukluk posted:

The pound has apparently rolled back to a low not seen since 1985. The same year Marvel published a little story called the Jaspers' Warp.

Leave my warp out of this, drat it.

*jumps down a pipe and goes to level 8-1*

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

oh hey Triumph and Torment went up on Marvel Unlimited today after being conspicuously absent for a long time

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Oh drat it, my postage scale took a poo poo and I have like 50 piles of comics to weigh for Ebaying.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Why go through all the trouble? Just send them all to me, no weighing necessary. I have too few physical books right now. If it wasn't for the internet I'd probably be some kind of illiterate donkey.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Why go through all the trouble? Just send them all to me, no weighing necessary. I have too few physical books right now. If it wasn't for the internet I'd probably be some kind of illiterate donkey.

Gimmie a lot of money. I've been sorting through this collection I bought and finally have all the complete series parted out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Rats! Foiled once again by my being broke as poo poo.You know how in cereal commercials there's always one party with the cereal and another party trying to steal the cereal? That's us now, Rhyno, but with comic books.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I've been watching Community on Netflix, and all the people who told me Donald Glover "isn't funny" and Alison Brie is "obnoxious" were horrible liars who probably voted Yes on Brexit.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Skip season 4. The summation of what happens in season five is literally funnier than what actually happens.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Season 4 is the one where Dan Harmon got fired, right?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah, then rehired in seasons 5 and 6.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Man I sat through every season of Law and Order, including the incredibly painful 17th, 18th and 19th ones, I'm not about to skip a bad season of a sitcom.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I've been watching Community on Netflix, and all the people who told me Donald Glover "isn't funny" and Alison Brie is "obnoxious" were horrible liars who probably voted Yes on Brexit.
Glover is absolutely great on Community. It's everything else where he's just the worst.

Alison Brie is always a delight, that's just science.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Allison Brie is the best part of Community and anyone who said otherwise can gently caress off honestly. I'd watch a show of just her and the rest of Greendale without the rest of the study group.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Lurdiak posted:

Man I sat through every season of Law and Order, including the incredibly painful 17th, 18th and 19th ones, I'm not about to skip a bad season of a sitcom.

I'm one of the biggest Community fans in the world, I actually wouldn't recommend against skipping anything, but it's more like if watching season four makes you not want to watch Community any more you're skipping out on the very good fifth season and the great sixth season, including its best series finale.

But yeah if you're gonna watch it all come hell or high water, season four is very very bad but not like the worst thing ever. Even very bad Community still has a really good cast with awesome onscreen chemistry, and no amount of bad writing can taint that. Well, except the season finale. That's almost a fever dream of badness.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Allison Brie is fantastic but sometimes she makes poor choices for film roles.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Allison Brie is fantastic but sometimes she makes poor choices for film roles.

A lot of talented, pretty actresses have to weather a storm of horrible rom-coms until they can take good roles.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

A lot of talented, pretty actresses have to weather a storm of horrible rom-coms until they can take good roles.
I think we've all been there.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Season finale aside, season 4 is better than 5.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

She doesn't do so many typical rom coms. She has some flick where her boyfriend falls into a bottomless pit or something.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

redbackground posted:

Glover is absolutely great on Community. It's everything else where he's just the worst.
That's not true.

Girls Are Not To Be Trusted is a great sketch, and there's that video of him talking about when he learnt his name was Dong Lover.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Derrick Comedy in general is great, including their movie, Mystery Team. It's a shame they don't do stuff anymore because their sketches are all really top notch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Donald Glover can only act in silly cartoon worlds like Community.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Glover was one of the brighter spots of Community for me (I gave up about a third of the way into Season 4), but I also like his stand-up comedy (saw him, Aziz Ansari, and Hannibal Buress live the same night once), appreciate that he was an Emmy-winning writer for 30 Rock, and even like Childish Gambino.

And I was one of those people who wanted him cast as Spider-Man before Andrew Garfield got the part.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Glover is loving hilarious, a brilliant musician and just a cool dude in general but his Community character was lame and didn't give him anything to work with.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Rhyno posted:

Glover is loving hilarious, a brilliant musician and just a cool dude in general but his Community character was lame and didn't give him anything to work with.

You...do know that most of that character was entirely improvised, right?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

You...do know that most of that character was entirely improvised, right?

Well then he needed to be off the drugs when he was on set because he was boring as hell most of the time.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I thought Glover was pretty good and most of the cast was solid. Abed though I couldn't stand. Just his character I found very grating.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I liked all of Community except the parts where Chase was an rear end in a top hat in real life and Glover got real depressed and asked them to put him on a bus.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

The season four finale is some of the worst television I've seen in my entire life. Season five really gets back on the ball with the second episode; the only real clunker in six was the one where the Dean gets the 90s VR computer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Who the gently caress was telling you these lies? I know it's a goon cliche but loving sever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Several SA posters.

• Locked thread