Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Zotix posted:

As I said a to of TM farming. For 99% of people in this thread, they won't be doing that. I think you and I are the only only ones in soft release that did TM farming.
If people aren't going to TM farm, there are better options than Bartz.

Haha yeah I know, and agree. That was kind of to showcase (and humblebrag?) what can happen from TM farming. I went super hard on this game for a good 3 weeks just TM macroing every night and most of the day on weekends. Fully aware only a handful of people in this thread would want to do that.

Also I guess a good point from that is this game is pretty deep, and the content will last you a long time. It's like a proper FF game.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Garfu posted:

Haha yeah I know, and agree. That was kind of to showcase (and humblebrag?) what can happen from TM farming. I went super hard on this game for a good 3 weeks just TM macroing every night and most of the day on weekends. Fully aware only a handful of people in this thread would want to do that.

I might not have a Bartz with almost 400 attack, but I've got nuclear Terra that AoE's the whole screen. I've also got that armor from Vaan that's nearly 100 defense. Quite a few characters are 60+ TM as well, I should finish them up some time.

I just don't think someone should look at pulling a Bartz as their only good character and be happy. As a second or third 5* max character, fine.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Is there any use to the Friend Point summons? I'm guessing maybe it's like the daily Relic draw in Record Keeper where you'll probabyl get 1 and 2 * trash units but have a ridiculously tiny chance of pulling someone good?

Zero chance for non-Friend Point Summon characters, but some of those characters have useful Trust Mastery Rewards (like three of the Race Killer passives, including Dragon Killer which is super useful). I'd recommend summoning until you have at least one Ollie, King Giott, and Skaha (the last one is a rare friend summon so it may take a little while) for the passives. Also possibly Carrie for Sunbeam, which is an AOE blind attack.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Go RV! posted:

I went to Siren's Tower and now my game crashes when I try to load it, that's pretty cool.

jerkstore77 posted:

So I spent my summon tickets AND $20 worth of iAP to end up with 2 ExDeaths, a Cecil, and a Firion. I proceed to my first spot on the map, and now I'm stuck in an endless crash loop.

I email support last night. They reply after 11 pm with some solutions (none worked). They reply again 5 hours later at 4 am saying they're closing my ticket because I hadn't replied back. Are they really this retarded?

Really hope they fix this poo poo soon, I sure would like to play this dumb game.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Zotix posted:

As I said a to of TM farming. For 99% of people in this thread, they won't be doing that. I think you and I are the only only ones in soft release that did TM farming.
If people aren't going to TM farm, there are better options than Bartz.

I did a bit of it, but Nox keeps freezing after about 10 minutes for me, so I didn't get to make much progress.

Now I really need to get it working though, I need holy, and comet, and grungnir and...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

deathbagel posted:

I did a bit of it, but Nox keeps freezing after about 10 minutes for me, so I didn't get to make much progress.

Now I really need to get it working though, I need holy, and comet, and grungnir and...

I couldn't get the macro stuff to work in Nox because FFBE would just refuse to run when I setup a macro program. Apparently it has some anti-root detection or something?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I couldn't get the macro stuff to work in Nox because FFBE would just refuse to run when I setup a macro program. Apparently it has some anti-root detection or something?

I managed to get it to work with BlueStacks on my mac with no issues.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

I never actually used Nox to macro, just did it on my phone.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Finally pulled a 3 star exdeath and vaan everyone is kinda crap though
Can't decide if I should keep pressing my luck

Never received exdeath at all... First time getting both

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

KEEP

wait that may have been confusing

YOU'RE SET

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Read 'em and weep for me.

2x Shadow (duplicates of worst possible draw)
2x Bedile (duplicates of second worst possible draw)
1x Fran (fifth worst possible draw)
1x Clyne (sixth worst possible draw)
1x Galuf (not the worst, but still pretty bad)

2x Shantotto (middling, at least her tm's great)
1x Vaan (thank goodness. Top-tier, the one saving grace to all this)

EXCEPT I HAVE A VAAN AND TWO SHANTOTTOS ALREADY THEY'RE LITERALLY THE ONLY USABLE/SEMI-USABLE PREMIUM PULLS I'VE GOT LIKE WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW WITH 2 VAANS AND 4 GODDAMN SHANTOTTOS

A lot of them were gold 4 star's too, so I'd be like "Sweet, hope it's something useful this time OOPS LOL IT'S BEDILE"

Tiny Chalupa posted:

You should keep that. In addition to Full Break, Vaan's second last skill boosts magic damage by a chunk which pairs well with mages. Guess who's the best black mage around right nowprobably forever?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

So far my team is CoD, Leo, Vivi, Shantotto, and Galuf. Who should I drop for an eventual healer? I thought maybe either Shantotto or Vivi, but idk if doublecasting or stronger spells is better.

Also, whats the consensus on Leo? Cursory googling seemed to imply he might be able to reach 6* eventually?

edit: also is there anything else i should save lapis for other than rare pulls

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Coming from FFRK, the tiered-* system is a little confusing, since it's possible to pull different versions of the same character. From the subreddit, it seems like that default * level doesn't really matter, though, since it's "easy to rank them up"?

My most recent run-through, and first time with someone in the "best" category is:

3*: Vivi, Anzelm, Krile, Rydia, Galuf, Sabin, Maria, Maria, Anzelm, Maria, Exdeath
4*: Miyuki

Seems like just having Exdeath might not balance out the relative "meh"/heavy on black magic of the other pulls?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
What am I supposed to be doing with all these 1-2 star mooks? Feed them into Exdeath?

I think I gathered that I'm supposed to level all three of my Galufs up to eventually get a Trust level or something like that at least.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

acumen posted:

What am I supposed to be doing with all these 1-2 star mooks? Feed them into Exdeath?

I think I gathered that I'm supposed to level all three of my Galufs up to eventually get a Trust level or something like that at least.

I fed them to copies of themselves just to get the TM. You get so many dupes of the 1 and 2 star guys that it doesn't take that long to get all of the TMs if you play every day. Then start on a second copy. Some of them have surprisingly decent TMs as well.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
So with 1* to 3* friend mooks, can you get their TM twice? I know you get a TM bonus if you feed the same character to itself, but say Rizer who has HP +10%. Is that a skill for himself or is it a passive accessory?

That being said, if I fully TM a character and then have another copy of that character can I get that copy's TM too? And can I feed the 100% TM copy to the new copy?

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jun 30, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Samba De Amigo posted:

So with 1* to 3* friend mooks, can you get their TM twice? I know you get a TM bonus if you feed the same character to itself, but say Rizer who has HP +10%. Is that a skill for himself or is it a passive accessory?

That being said, if I fully TM a character and then have another copy of that character can I get that copy's TM too? And can I feed the 100% TM copy to the new copy?

It's an equip-able ability and you can get multiples. You can earn it with each character you max out. So if you have 4 Galufs you can get them all to 100 and have 4 comet abilities you can assign. I am curious if Shantoto's 30% MAG stacks now that I think about it, though I only have two of her, Exdeath with +60% MAG would be nice.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
4*
Zidane Maria sabin shadow clyde anzlem bedlim cerius

3*
CoD Cecil Bartz Shantotto Garland Galuf edgar Kain

Who the hell do I use as my party/leader?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Herux posted:

4*
Zidane Maria sabin shadow clyde anzlem bedlim cerius

3*
CoD Cecil Bartz Shantotto Garland Galuf edgar Kain

Who the hell do I use as my party/leader?

CoD

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
According to the Japanese tier list: http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

FFT and Dragon Quest monsters will be added to the game eventually, that's pretty cool. It also Exdeath, Cecil, CoD, FF2 man and Butts stay top tier.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013

and what do i round out the rest of the party with or just like w/e?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Herux posted:

This is what I can't figure out yet either since I don't really know how to play optimally yet. I generally just auto battle until the boss and then spam all my spells or whatever.

Currently using Exdeath, Galuf, Krile, Celes, and Cecil. When do I get access to this Coliseum dealie? I'm currently at Grandshelt Castle.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Alright, here's my first decent-looking roll

5* Gilbert
4* Krile, Kain, Luna
3* Fran, Maria, Cyan, Shantoto, Paula, Russel

What say you, goons? Try again or roll with this?

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Saxophone posted:

5* Gilbert
4* Krile, Kain, Luna

Roll again, sorry friend

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Saxophone posted:

5* Gilbert
4* Krile, Kain, Luna

Definitely reroll. You don't have a single top 5 character.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Oh yeah, this game exists. I'm having trouble with getting the game loaded up on BlueStacks at all, which is getting somewhat annoying! It used to work well on the pre-global thingie of the last month. It seems to crash after it's done 'downloading' during that short animation of the main characters running on chocobos.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
So I'm not exactly keen on messing about with rerolling and making dummy Facebook accounts, but I figured I would bite the bullet if I pulled nothing but garbage. Having said that, I spent 3 tickets last night and pulled a 4* Garland and 4* Cecil, which seems to satisfy my fairly low standards for not rerolling (though I haven't linked the account to my FB yet).

Should I just spend the rest of my tickets/lapis now and see if I get anything else good, or should I save them for some future event?

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

acumen posted:

This is what I can't figure out yet either since I don't really know how to play optimally yet. I generally just auto battle until the boss and then spam all my spells or whatever.

Currently using Exdeath, Galuf, Krile, Celes, and Cecil. When do I get access to this Coliseum dealie? I'm currently at Grandshelt Castle.

Pretty much all of the story content you can auto through with a physical based team other than maybe a handful of quest bosses and late story bosses depending on your party when you complete them. Your team has more magic abilities but a same element -aga and ara spells, for the elemental chain, from Exdeath and Krile will kill any non-boss monsters likely in one round. Only battles that require a bit of strategy are late colosseum bosses, 2* espers, and trial bosses (we only have the White Dragon right now).

Colosseum gets unlocked in Royal Capital Grandshelt at the top left of the map.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
So I've been playing for a couple weeks pre-release, and didn't bother rerolling to start. My first rolls were Maria, Sabin, and Clyne, and they've taken me to Wolfsfang Peak so far, but I figured it'll be easier to make two weeks of story progress than it would be to farm enough lapis to roll a stronger team, so I might as well roll tickets now and if they are all crappy, reroll from scratch. So I rolled:

3* Vivi
3* Krile
3* Edgar
5* ExDeath

... and stopped immediately, cause drat. Obviously I'm keeping this account as my main now, but I'm wondering if I should sit on the rest of my pulls until a Rate Up and trust my current roster to carry me until then, or keep pulling now to shore up any gaps that I don't currently see.

I have Steal on Lazwell right now, so I do have that base covered. Is there anything else I'm missing that may make me hit a wall in the near future?

Also, suggested Team Comp? Rain, Laswell, ExDeath, Krile, Fina/Maria(when she gets her 5star)?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
I'm being rather hard-nosed about rolling an Ex-Death in my starter bunch. My best roll so far had Bartz and CoD, but the rest were just absolute junk (4 Shadows, yeah, no). Curse you, perfectionist me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
CoD stands for Cloud of Darkness right? Lucked into a four star version.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

CoD stands for Cloud of Darkness right? Lucked into a four star version.

It sure does and she is a beast. Massive damage, aoe limit break, and huge defenses. Also she has really good passives.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 30, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

So I'm not exactly keen on messing about with rerolling and making dummy Facebook accounts, but I figured I would bite the bullet if I pulled nothing but garbage. Having said that, I spent 3 tickets last night and pulled a 4* Garland and 4* Cecil, which seems to satisfy my fairly low standards for not rerolling (though I haven't linked the account to my FB yet).

Should I just spend the rest of my tickets/lapis now and see if I get anything else good, or should I save them for some future event?

Garland and Cecil can carry you through most of the content currently available. Who was the 3rd pull? If the other pull was decent then those 3 plus Rain and Laswell are fine and you will be able to do all the current content, you might have to just grind a bit more than others.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Herux posted:

CoD, Bartz, Cecil for sure
Shantotto for magic, replace when you have a better mage.
For your 5th, I'd say choose your fav out of Zidane, Garland, Edgar, or Kain. Doesn't really matter tbh because double barrage from CoD and Bartz will pretty much wipe the board. Maybe replace with Fina once you get her since she's more of a dedicated healer than Cecil.

Edit: Actually go with Zidane, so that you can steal stuff. So CoD, Bartz, Cecil, Zidane, Shantotto.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 30, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Daikoku posted:

According to the Japanese tier list: http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

FFT and Dragon Quest monsters will be added to the game eventually, that's pretty cool. It also Exdeath, Cecil, CoD, FF2 man and Butts stay top tier.

The DQ monsters are due to a collab with DQMSL, which only exists in Japan and SE, so don't hold your breath on those units coming here. We'll have our own global exclusive stuff though I'm sure.

Saxophone posted:

Read the OP, it has reroll info.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Magicite is only for leveling Espers, right? I'm not going to run into recipes that require it or anything?

And are the only ways to raise TM really to just feed someone duplicates of themselves or a tiny chance at a tiny boost at the end of a level?

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Twelve by Pies posted:

Magicite is only for leveling Espers, right? I'm not going to run into recipes that require it or anything?

And are the only ways to raise TM really to just feed someone duplicates of themselves or a tiny chance at a tiny boost at the end of a level?

Magicite yes - but I recommend saving the colours of magicite for the espers which get a boost from it, some of which aren't released yet.

TM will eventually be able to be raised by TM Moogles, similar to the Metal Cactaurs and Gil Tortoises. No idea when they will roll it out, though.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

From what I understand if you have multiples you can grind out TM% by throwing them all in one party, grinding it out, and then combine them into one dude who then inherits the combined TM%.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How quickly should you, or can you even, pull out rain and the other guy? The starter people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah you can awaken units to increase their rarity, but the stuff you pulled mostly caps at 4 stars and I'd reroll if you can.

Too late im sticking with this <_<
Wish me luck mates

• Locked thread