Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I'm up to 20 rerolls and this is the best pull I've gotten:

4*: Exdeath, Vivi
3*: Exdeath, Krile, Vivi, Figaro

I fed the vivi and exdeaths into each other for trust bonuses but I still feel I should reroll for at least two of the top5 instead of settling...on the other hand, its exdeath, the best unit in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

:siren: New player alert! :siren:

Do not fuse premium characters into each other for trust mastery. You should be using both together in the same team to build up trust mastery to 50 on each and then feed them together to get to 100 faster.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jul 2, 2016

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Zotix posted:

:alert: New player alert! :alert:

Do not fuse premium characters into each other for trust mastery. You should be using both together in the same team to build up trust mastery to 50 on each and then feed them together to get to 100 faster.

WELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Urgh, the RNG to complete quests is pretty dumb. Two stamina bars later and I'm still on 2/3 Hill Gigas. Not to mention I haven't even done the Water Magicite collecting yet.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Rafza posted:

I fed the vivi and exdeaths into each other for trust bonuses but I still feel I should reroll for at least two of the top5 instead of settling...on the other hand, its exdeath, the best unit in the game

You done goofed son. Should've kept both and had yourself a super tree mage party. The only thing better than a party with two exdeaths is one with three.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Zotix posted:

And honestly, you probably shouldn't fuse top-tier characters together period. 2 Exdeaths on the same team are pretty close to twice as good as 1 Exdeath.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Shark Tower posted:

You done goofed son. Should've kept both and had yourself a super tree mage party. The only thing better than a party with two exdeaths is one with three.

Zurai posted:

And honestly, you probably shouldn't fuse top-tier characters together period. 2 Exdeaths on the same team are pretty close to twice as good as 1 Exdeath.

well, another 30 rerolls to go and maybe ill see a double exdeath again

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rafza posted:

WELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

But seriously though I seem to be doing pretty, pretty, pretty good with Terra, Vivi, Anastasia, Rain and Lasswell. Pretty good.

Just rescued the king back at Rain and Lasswell's house.

Haven't started to crank on Cyan, Edgar, Biggs, Anzelm or the others... I don't see myself as gimped at all for not having a top-tier draw from the beginning. This is gonna turn out okay.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jul 2, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shark Tower posted:

On one hand, you only have CoD as a top tier. On the other, CoD is a fabulous top-tier and having her start at 5* is incredibly cushy.

Honestly, if you're sick of rerolling, this is good enough. Something like
CoD, Rydia, Cyan, Laswell, plus Fina when you get her (in the meantime to that, just stick whoever in the fifth slot. Maybe Rain)

They'd want to use Maria in the last slot because healing is kinda useful unless you're hilariously overleveled for content. A lvl 80 CoD can probably solo the first island though :shrug:

Rafza posted:

I fed the vivi and exdeaths into each other for trust bonuses

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I love my 3* Maria, her full party heal Limit is great and she seems to learn Cura relatively quickly, plus Blindna and Poisona are always great to have.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Vaan, firion, krile, vivi, cyan, kain, shantotto, luna, rydia.

Whats my team? Vaan and firion for sure, but I have a lot of choice between mages and physical damage. I saw a suggestion that I should have a physical team to get through the story?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
My god the Dragon boss of S-5 Int is terrible. He can two shot Fina and Roselia with physical attacks even when Power Break and Cheer (or protect) are in effect. Need to get some high success rate blind abilities to have any sort of hope (and maybe blade bash though it's rate sucks).

Deep Winter posted:

Vaan, firion, krile, vivi, cyan, kain, shantotto, luna, rydia.

Whats my team? Vaan and firion for sure, but I have a lot of choice between mages and physical damage. I saw a suggestion that I should have a physical team to get through the story?

Vaan, Firion, Lasswell(or Kain), Vivi, Krile.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I love my 3* Maria, her full party heal Limit is great and she seems to learn Cura relatively quickly, plus Blindna and Poisona are always great to have.

Yeah, she's not the best long-term healer (though she does get a 5 star upgrade eventually) but IMO she's the best new account healer. AOE heal LB, the two most important status cure spells for the early game, both Cure and Cura, and all in the first half of her 3 star form. Oh, and she can use bows to contribute a little to autoattack damage.

The next best is Anzelm, who loses out on the AOE heal LB and bow access vs Maria but makes up for it with having offensive magic to help with elemental chains.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 2, 2016

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I just cheese s5 int with 2 healers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zotix posted:

I just cheese s5 int with 2 healers.

My party for it is Lasswell/Xiao/Exdeath/Fina/Roselia. It'd be fine if it wasn't for the whole "your healer got hit twice and died from full HP instantly, through buffs/debuffs" thing. What's the best way to keep the jerk blinded?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Evil Fluffy posted:

They'd want to use Maria in the last slot because healing is kinda useful unless you're hilariously overleveled for content. A lvl 80 CoD can probably solo the first island though :shrug:

you know whats cooler than two exdeaths?

exdeath, bartz, vaan :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Party comp question.
Have: CoD, Bartz

Who should I prioritize out of Rain, Lasswell, Kain, Shantotto for the other slots? (I imagine the story healer will go in there when I get her too)

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Did anyone actually see an Artemios or Kefka? I saw some talk yesterday about some people seeing them. Has anyone confirmed 100% that they have been snuck into the pool?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

Party comp question.
Have: CoD, Bartz

Who should I prioritize out of Rain, Lasswell, Kain, Shantotto for the other slots? (I imagine the story healer will go in there when I get her too)

rain, shantotto

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm one of those jerks that cruised through the story on the backs of massively OP friend leaders so healing didn't factor in much before I'd already picked up Fina :v:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But seriously though I seem to be doing pretty, pretty, pretty good with Terra, Vivi, Anastasia, Rain and Lasswell. Pretty good.

Just rescued the king back at Rain and Lasswell's house.

Haven't started to crank on Cyan, Edgar, Biggs, Anzelm or the others... I don't see myself as gimped at all for not having a top-tier draw from the beginning. This is gonna turn out okay.

Do put some work into Edgar though, if just to get Bio Blaster. That skill will make your life easier at some point.

Zotix posted:

Did anyone actually see an Artemios or Kefka? I saw some talk yesterday about some people seeing them. Has anyone confirmed 100% that they have been snuck into the pool?

Can definitely confirm seeing a Kefka out in the wild. Was 5* and max level. I tried to befriend him but his list was full.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

You sure it wasn't a Kuja?

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
https://exviuswiki.com/Kefka

It was definitely this dorky mofo right here.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Zotix posted:

That's 500 TM successes at 10% chance, that's kind of ridiculous.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

My god the Dragon boss of S-5 Int is terrible. He can two shot Fina and Roselia with physical attacks even when Power Break and Cheer (or protect) are in effect. Need to get some high success rate blind abilities to have any sort of hope (and maybe blade bash though it's rate sucks).

Vaan, Firion, Lasswell(or Kain), Vivi, Krile.

Would a Mirage Vest armour for Fina help you? It gives the equipped character a 12 MP Mirror Image ability that allows it to dodge 2 attacks.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Zotix posted:

I have made over 700 pulls since global launch (lots and lots and lots and lots of rerolls looking for any party with Exdeath + anything else useful) and have seen zero Artemioses, Kefkas, Golbezes, or Lockes.

Of course, I've also seen zero Celeses and I know she's in the pool.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mo0 posted:

If you get some good pulls with your initial characters, and just use your lapis for energy refreshes while TM grinding, you can have maxed TM's as well by running 1 energy stages over and over.

Zotix fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 2, 2016

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Zotix posted:

If you get some good pulls with your initial characters, and just use your lapis for energy refreshes while TM grinding, you can have maxed TM's as well by running 1 energy stages over and over.

Aaaah, okay. I'm not prone to doing that kind of grinding, myself. Good to know.

Holy poo poo 6000 lapis seems like a lot.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Opinion:

4:
Rydia
Rydia

3:
Shantotto
Shantotto
Krille
ExDeath
Shadow
Fran
Anzelm
Vivi
Celes
Clyne

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

Opinion:

4:
Rydia
Rydia

3:
Shantotto
Shantotto
Krille
ExDeath
Shadow
Fran
Anzelm
Vivi
Celes
Clyne

Good enough to start.

Magic spam team and Shantoto's TM is great for boosting ExDeath's magic stat

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer
I was holding out for 2+ of the "best" guys, and I did finally get that. Would 2 CoDs and a Bartz be worth starting with? I didn't really end up with anyone magic capable but I assume maybe I'll pick someone up eventually or just make do.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

El Cid posted:

I was holding out for 2+ of the "best" guys, and I did finally get that. Would 2 CoDs and a Bartz be worth starting with? I didn't really end up with anyone magic capable but I assume maybe I'll pick someone up eventually or just make do.

Oh yeah, you're more then set.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
As really good units go I have Vaan, Bartz, and Garland, but they're kind of underwhelming early because they all (especially Bartz) require crazy equipment! My MVP for actually playing the game has been Shantotto.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mo0 posted:

Is it more or less ridiculous than the people that have Bartz and/or Firion with like five seperate stacks of Doublehand from TM'd Bartzes?

Never doubt the willingness of whales to grind in order to be the very best, like no one ever was.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
so where does one get Trust Moogles, in the future?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Was I a sucker for unlocking the materials daily dungeon? I thought it'd have really good stuff but even on the highest level stage it's giving me junk I can get from anywhere on the first island.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

El Cid posted:

CoD actually has a decent magic stat. Unfortunately CoD doesn't have any ability slots until 6* which is Japan only at this point. So CoD is stuck with fire and esper abilities for now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Was I a sucker for unlocking the materials daily dungeon? I thought it'd have really good stuff but even on the highest level stage it's giving me junk I can get from anywhere on the first island.

I think that is the only place to get iron ore but it isn't a guaranteed drop.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Shwqa posted:

I think that is the only place to get iron ore but it isn't a guaranteed drop.

Iron can be gotten on continent 2. Silver too.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's not that big a deal, you can just unlock a different one tomorrow. Anyway, the only two Vortices I consider worthwhile are Awakening (Awakening-INT is the best source in the game for Sacred Crystals and Holy Crystals for awakening units) and Experience (not as useful but sometimes you just want to powerlevel a unit so you can awaken them). The normal crafting materials will be plentiful enough before you really need to craft anything. And also note that if you ever need the basic elemental Crysts, you can set them as your Friend Gift Request.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there an app or method that can reset your device ID to allow rerolls? I can't seem to make anything work.

• Locked thread