Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Kirby is always changing up its formula in some way I thought

My first kirby game was tilt n tumble tho and I hated that game and man, there are people that like that game and I'm just like "ughh" because for me the controls of that game were way too annoying combined with the lack of backlight so I couldn't really tell what I was doing anyway

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

oh come on this is just uncalled for

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
git gud

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I am very happy about games that have difficulty settings, especially if they include very easy mode. It's good to be accessible.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How is everybody doing tonight? It's nice that it is finally the weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMwyun2KUI8

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Woke up at 2 am and I can't get back to sleep cuz my stomach is bothering me, but that's fine, my doctor gave me dicyclomine pills to numb my guts when i'm in pain while we're still figuring out what's wrong with me and they kinda work! I am working on that Doom thing I was doing a while back instead of sleeping.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i beat bleed, and i played a little of meltdown (PC port of a mobile isometric twin-stick game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMxyAh4t4xo

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I played Total Warhammer for like 3 hours only to realize that my 6 hour game was unsalvageable because of early screw ups and quit for the evening and now I'm reading a book to cope.

Sucks to hear you still don't know what's wrong with your stomach, CJacobs. Hang in there.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

it was a Savage encounter, you're supposed to get your poo poo pushed in by those sometimes :shrug:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad you are feeling some kind of relief at least with the stomach numbing stuff

If anybody picks up 20XX or Metagal please let me know how they are. They look good but 20XX is definitely way too expensive for me right now and Metagal is more affordable sure but I only have $7 in steam cards and I'd rather try to get the most out of it by sticking to games that are under $1

http://store.steampowered.com/app/322110/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/467850/

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks. 20XX is alright, but when I last saw it there wasn't much enemy or level generation variety to keep you interested in the long run- I'd liken it to classic Binding of Isaac, where most of the replay value comes from dicking around with the unlockable items once you've got them all, instead of BOI Rebirth where there is a massively deep pool of poo poo (literally?) to unlock to keep you strung along with a new-item-drip-feed. However, it's being updated and changed pretty frequently, so take that with a grain of salt because for all I know it's entirely different than it was a couple months ago. I doubt their design philosophy has changed that much though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

20XX just kinda feels like you're playing a very bad romhack of Mega Man X a lot of the time. Sure, the basics are there, but the level design is not satisfying at all, and the bosses are kind of a big mess.

And boy howdy is it an eyesore.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si8HiBgcg_U

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who composed all the good NES Megaman music and where are they now??

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sakurazuka posted:

One of em worked on Shovel Knight and the other on Mighty Number 9.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

from MEGAMAN two phantoms were born ....

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Megaman 1: Manami Matsumae did this. She became a freelancer in 1991 and is still kicking around the industry, more recently contributing to Shovel Knight and composing Mighty No. 9.

Megaman 2: Takashi "Ogeretsu Kun" Tateishi did this one. After he left Capcom he did some time at Konami, then formed his own music studio, Most Company, which is utterly impossible to Google. He contributed like one track to Mighty No. 9.

Megaman 3: Harumi "Mrs. Tarumi" Fujita did Needle Man and Gemini Man's tracks before having to leave Capcom to take care of an apparently troubled pregnancy. She went on to work on games like Tomba and Pulstar, but primarily switched to working on musicals and stage plays around the turn of the century. Yasuaki "Bun Bun" Fujita (no relation) handled the rest of the soundtrack. He went on to do Breath of Fire and Final Fight 2, but seems to have mostly focused on mobile games since them (with a brief stop-off for Megaman 9 and 10).

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CrashCat posted:

oh come on this is just uncalled for

What game is this

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

FirstAidKite posted:

Kirby is always changing up its formula in some way I thought

My first kirby game was tilt n tumble tho and I hated that game and man, there are people that like that game and I'm just like "ughh" because for me the controls of that game were way too annoying combined with the lack of backlight so I couldn't really tell what I was doing anyway

The main games don't change things up too much. Kirby just has a bunch of spinoffs that do wildly different things.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Help Im Alive posted:

What game is this

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE.

SMT4 had a similar feature if you died too much in Normal difficulty, but it only unlocked Easy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Rexroom posted:

SMT4 had a similar feature if you died too much in Normal difficulty, but it only unlocked Easy.

Ah ok. Amazon dispatched my copy this morning and I am extremely ready for goty 2016

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I really wish there was a better skip text option in ZTD, philosophical musings on paradoxes went by a lot better when they were as fast as I could read, rather than having people dialogue at me.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

What game is this?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Rexroom posted:

And I took advantage of that real quick near the end of SMT4 in order to beat it. Thank you based Atlus.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Snak posted:

What game is this?

Shower With Your Dad Simulator. Ever since it released they keep putting out a bunch of (possibly fake) material involving achievements that are impossible to unlock in the game currently.

That was supposedly hidden in an update that was dropped the other day and then immediately wiped out with another update.

Guy Mann fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 2, 2016

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oddium posted:

from MEGAMAN two phantoms were born ....

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUi4cRYyRoM

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Guy Mann posted:

Shower With Your Dad Simulator. Ever since it released they keep putting out a bunch of (possibly fake) material involving achievements that are impossible to unlock in the game currently.

That was supposedly hidden in an update that was dropped the other day and then immediately wiped out with another update.

this is so funny

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvLwpnn1F4Y

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

git gud Please try again! With enough commitment and practice, you will achieve great things! Remember, you can always count on us for support!

well said

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

#fe sounds good but the lack of an english dub is a real drawback for me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lizard Wizard posted:

please don't troll the july chat + Wii U General Discussion thread

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

it was probably just the wrong time to take a Savage encounter anyway, I had no party members to switch out to cover resistances and I didn't build up SP meter first

but I had also just saved and basically just walked in so I thought I would be bold. Well fine then I'll see you in NG+ assholes

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

please don't troll the july chat + Wii U General Discussion thread

i'm not. the voice acting in P4 was beary important to my enjoyment of that game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

From the way the developers described it in an interview, a proper English dub would have taken a very long time (a year?) to do, due to the game's whole thing being musical performances (which would need separate English lyrics that fit the meter of the original song), and the developers' insistence that the voice cast should do both the talking and singing parts for their characters.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

that still puts the game lower on my list than it would've been otherwise, sorry

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You're only hurting yourself

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
They ran out of Voice Over budget after having to use most of it on getting Matt Mercer back in the recording booth so he could you a song in the last Fire Emblem DLC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

You're only hurting yourself

listen dammit i'm saving for a PS4, i can barely justify monster hunter

• Locked thread