Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah, exactly. The AEC bases on who is currently in the lead. They can't do that properly when the two parties it contests between are different from last election because it fucks up their provisionary 2pp count. Don't look at the AEC "seats in doubt" as any sort of commentary.

Yeah, the AEC throws all the votes and candidates into a giant cauldron filled with chicken giblets after praying to the elder gods. All the electors and the candidates then want to get really close to each other because that feels nice. If it burps up an early result they bash it with the stirrer a few times. Three or four days after that you have a newborn senator or occasionally a rep.

I thought they taught sex ed at schools now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Gorilla Salad posted:

Sorry, I'm out of the loop here - is she dead? I'm okay with her being dead. Please tell me she's dead.

Likely Senator for Queensland.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Recoome posted:

I mean like lmao this person had like 30 people at her campaign launch just what gently caress

senate voting is still a bit messed up

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
So who are you guys voting for in the second election?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

upsidedown posted:

I choose to believe that wasn't a typo.

:radcat:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://twitter.com/AntonyGreenABC/status/749093148551311361

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Jumpingmanjim posted:

So who are you guys voting for in the second election?

I could vote Greens but they never seem to win so I think I'll just go for Hitler.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I dont see how SHY doesnt get over the line in South Australia. I wouldnt want to bet my life on it but I feel the greens are a solid chance at picking up one of the last 2 spots in SA.

Hey, I can always hope

:3:

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

Spacman posted:

Yeah, the AEC throws all the votes and candidates into a giant cauldron filled with chicken giblets after praying to the elder gods. All the electors and the candidates then want to get really close to each other because that feels nice. If it burps up an early result they bash it with the stirrer a few times. Three or four days after that you have a newborn senator or occasionally a rep.

I thought they taught sex ed at schools now?

Same.

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

Finally I have something in common with parliament

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
someone at work voted 1 labor 2 liberal 3 hemp

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
we may never know why

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Harley C posted:

You're well hung :D?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Likely Senator for Queensland.

GOD. loving. DAMMIT.

Pauline Hanson is one of the two primary people* I hold accountable for how hosed up Australian politics have become over the last decade and a half.

Before her maiden speech in her first term, being openly racist was seen as political suicide. She helped make it the norm. Where we stand today, torturing people in multiple nations to appease the bloodlust of bigots, all came to a head with her. And though she was certainly merely a symptom of the toxic racism which infests this country, she's still the one who chose to ride it to fame, no matter how many hundreds, if not thousands, of lives were ruined along the way.

* the other being Howard taking advantage of the "post 9/11 world" and, indeed, taking Hanson's own hateful rhetoric and making it seem friendly and natural with his Little Johnny persona to the point where Hanson became redundant and tossed aside.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 2, 2016

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
^^1488

open the bloodgates

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Redcordial posted:

It really is sad, and frustrating, and extremely hosed up. I blame Queensland, and I'mm sorry to say that, but gently caress!

I still remember the first time one nation run. I grew up at a middle class public primary/high school, and everyone was just chilled if you weren't born here. It was the 90's and 'Multicultural' was like one of the defining things about Australia. Like I just remember in primary school if you asked me to define Australia that would of been one of the first buzz words I would of recited.

When Hanson got 20% of the vote in Queensland I had to rethink everything I loving knew about Australia. It was a massive wake up call. Racism was apparently a thing, and hell until then I had just assumed Gay marriage was legal in Australia. We were a progressive country. My parents had a few openly gay friends, and none of the Adults I knew had a problem with that sort of thing. I Just remember looking it up and and thinking 'what the gently caress'.

One nation opened up to me the fact the their is a fair amount of Australians who are loving ignorant, selfish, bastard, and while it was a valuable lesson, gently caress ONE NATION SO VERY MUCH. I'm a bit of a hippy and I try and be empathetic to all, but one nation makes it so very loving hard.

If those fuckers get senate seats. gently caress.

Anyway all is well, here is a random image of a cat hugging a dog.

Edit: Also 67/71 to Labor, AEC.

dr_rat fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 2, 2016

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Harley C posted:

Routinely disappointing?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hey Guys, because i'm gay i'm doing the Liberal Party internal divide after today's results based on this page and the ABC's changing seats.

So starting with 56 - 43 to Turnbull.

Turnbull has lost:

Baldwin (retired)
Bronwyn Bishop (lol)
Brough (retired in disgrace)
Gambaro (retired)
Hendy (lost seat)
Jensen (forced out of preselection)
MacFarlane (retired)
Ronaldson (retired)
Roy (back to primary school)
Ruddock (back to the depths of hell)
Scott (lost seat)
Sharman Stone (retired)

Trailing for Turnbull:
Luke Simpkins
Van Manen
Hindmarsh

Ahead for Turnbull
Wood

Abbott has lost:

Nikolic (Lost seat)
Robb (Retired)
Whitely (Lost seat)
Billson (Retired)
Hutchison (Lost Seat)
Briggs (died of shame)
Hockey (retired)
McNamara (lost seat)
Markus (Lost seat)
Griggs (lost seat)
Varvaris (lost seat)
Matheson (lost seat)

Ahead in the count currently for Abbott:
Sudmalis
Howarth
Dutton

So for certain: Turnbull = 44 Abbott = 31

Best Case for Libs:Turnbull = 44 Abbott = 31

Worst case for Libs: Turnbull = 40 Abbott = 28

Note I don't have any senate numbers yet, nor can read the minds of new liberal mps.

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 2, 2016

gucci bane
Oct 27, 2008

I'm glad you guys reacted to my joke, it was too high/low brow for my facebook :(

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:siren: ABC NOW SAYING 67-67:siren:

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
I'm kind of OK with Sophie Mirabella lining up at the local office of the Department of Heath and Human Services on Monday to sign on.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I feel like Father Jack discovering what's in Bishop Brennan's bag.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

Spacman posted:

^^1488

open the bloodgates

Okay...? If that is a threat of any kind thank thank you, life is mundane enough with this poo poo I may as well add some loving angry losers to the mix.

Who the gently caress knows eh, this is Australia and we are all hosed, especially those who have served for this nation because lollll.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

dr_rat posted:

I still remember the first time one nation run. I grew up at a middle class public primary/high school, and everyone was just chilled if you weren't born here. It was the 90's and 'Multicultural' was like one of the defining things about Australia. Like I just remember in primary school if you asked me to define Australia that would of been one of the first buzz words I would of recited.

When Hanson got 20% of the vote in Queensland I had to rethink everything I loving knew about Australia. It was a massive wake up call. Racism was apparently a thing, and hell until then I had just assumed Gay marriage was legal in Australia. We were a progressive country. My parents had a few openly gay friends, and none of the Adults I knew had a problem with that sort of thing. I Just remember looking it up and and thinking 'what the gently caress'.

One nation opened up to me the fact the their is a fair amount of Australians who are loving ignorant, selfish, bastard, and while it was a valuable lesson, gently caress ONE NATION SO VERY MUCH. I'm a bit of a hippy and I try and be empathetic to all, but one nation makes it so very loving hard.

I can't even begin to describe to young people how different the Australia I grew up in is to the one I see today.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

hooman posted:

:siren: ABC NOW SAYING 67-67:siren:

since no one's daring to form minority government i guess it's back to the polls

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Stuff for July Opener with some last minute additions.
http://imgur.com/a/Hj9Oj

ssmagus
Apr 2, 2010
Assmagus, LPer ass-traordinaire
Seeing the amount of Right wing tears is pleasing.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Gorilla Salad posted:

I can't even begin to describe to young people how different the Australia I grew up in is to the one I see today.

australia has always been bad friend

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Turnbull: A vote other than a vote for a stable coalition government is a vote for Chaos.

Australian public: I VOTE FOR CHAOSSSSS

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Redcordial posted:

Okay...? If that is a threat of any kind thank thank you, life is mundane enough with this poo poo I may as well add some loving angry losers to the mix.

Who the gently caress knows eh, this is Australia and we are all hosed, especially those who have served for this nation because lollll.

Once you finish learing English I am sure we can have a productive relationship.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

dr_rat posted:

If those fuckers get senate seats. gently caress.

Anyway all is well, here is a random image of a cat hugging a dog.

Edit: Also 67/71 to Labor, AEC.

It really is something to ponder, isn't it.. When such hatred and division is made public, and then supported, it truly is disgusting in all measures. I mean, I know how so many people *can* support such atrocious people and policies, given their upbringing, education levels etc, but holy gently caress does it still disappoint and sadden me.

It's a really dire and lovely situation, when over 40-50% of our population are outright racists and agree with damaging policies towards humanity and people fleeing hosed up scenarios, it makes you think what type of people we are surrounded by.

It's hosed up, to be honest.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Assuming these are representative, it's looking like 72-72 or 73-71 one way or the other.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
50% of Australians are dreadfully racist? Didn't think it was that low.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Spacman posted:

Once you finish learing English I am sure we can have a productive relationship.

I'm sorry that I like to indulge in the consumption of delicious beers in order to cope with the likes of such insufferable slugs as yourself, and this country of course.

PeeEss go gently caress yourself.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Cowan would be tough to flip, gently caress me though it is trying

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Hansen must be loving it as all she's really had to do is dig out old speeches to cross out Asians and write Muslims.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Redcordial posted:

I'm sorry that I like to indulge in the consumption of delicious beers in order to cope with the likes of such insufferable slugs as yourself, and this country of course.

PeeEss go gently caress yourself.

I apologise profusely and unreservedly. English is my second language, I was obviously quite remiss in expecting native speakers to be able to converse on a certain level.

Once again, I apologise.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Nibbles! posted:

Hansen must be loving it as all she's really had to do is dig out old speeches to cross out Asians and write Muslims.

One of my friends is an Indonesian Muslim and all she could say was "oh for fucks sake".

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Hey Guys, because i'm gay i'm doing the Liberal Party internal divide after today's results based on this page and the [url="http://www.abc.net.au/news/federal-election-2016/results/list/?selector=changing"]ABC's changing seats[url].

This is what I come up with:
code:
LOSS
nikolic		A
whiteley	A
O'Sullivan	
Hendy		T
O'Dowd
Scott		T
Roy		T
Hutchinson	A
Matheson	A
Markus		A
Briggs		A
McGauchie
Griggs		A

IN DOUBT
Landry		
Simpkins	T
Dutton		A
Crewther
van Manen	T
Sudmais		A
Jones		
Williams	T
Wood		T
Howarth		A
Abbottistas
Lost: 7
Doubt: 3

Turnbullies
Lost: 3
Doubt: 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hey Guys, because i'm gay i'm doing the Liberal Party internal divide after today's results based on this page and the ABC's changing seats.

So starting with 56 - 43 to Turnbull.

Turnbull has lost:

Baldwin (retired)
Bronwyn Bishop (lol)
Brough (retired in disgrace)
Gambaro (retired)
Hendy (lost seat)
Jensen (forced out of preselection)
MacFarlane (retired)
Ronaldson (retired)
Roy (back to primary school)
Ruddock (back to the depths of hell)
Scott (lost seat)
Sharman Stone (retired)

Trailing for Turnbull:
Luke Simpkins
Van Manen
Hindmarsh

Ahead for Turnbull
Wood

Abbott has lost:

Nikolic (Lost seat)
Robb (Retired)
Whitely (Lost seat)
Billson (Retired)
Hutchison (Lost Seat)
Briggs (died of shame)
Hockey (retired)
McNamara (lost seat)
Markus (Lost seat)
Griggs (lost seat)
Varvaris (lost seat)
Matheson (lost seat)

Ahead in the count currently for Abbott:
Sudmalis
Howarth
Dutton

So for certain: Turnbull = 44 Abbott = 31

Best Case for Libs:Turnbull = 44 Abbott = 31

Worst case for Libs: Turnbull = 40 Abbott = 28

Note I don't have any senate numbers yet, nor can read the minds of new liberal mps.

• Locked thread