Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
july
This poll is closed.
j 45 20.27%
u 54 24.32%
l 48 21.62%
y 75 33.78%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
YOSPOS is right. This is our dark dystopian cyberpunk future. We're living in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

Kids bet their parents' money via cyber gambling on cyber gun textures on cyber sites run by cyber celebrities famous for making cyber videos where they promote their cyber gambling sites

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jul 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Old Snake, MGS4 Act 1 posted:

Kids bet their parents' money via cyber gambling on cyber gun textures on cyber sites run by cyber celebrities famous for making cyber videos where they promote their cyber gambling sites. War... has changed.

_____/

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have Dishonored on the brain since I'm playing through it again, but I could see them doing a cool werewolf campaign in that universe.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Lurdiak posted:

Why do video games keep doing this. There's no goddamn reason for the text to be that small.
I'm gonna guess the reason is laziness with lack of UI scaling, you can find out if you can make it readable at a lower resolution

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
man penny arcade is really bad. Like, really really bad. This comes up every so often, but it kind of bears repeating.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Grimace posted:

man penny arcade is really bad. Like, really really bad. This comes up every so often, but it kind of bears repeating.

What triggered your desire to repeat this truth?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cardboard Box A posted:

YOSPOS is right. This is our dark dystopian cyberpunk future. We're living in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fU2QG-lV0

Kids bet their parents' money via cyber gambling on cyber gun textures on cyber sites run by cyber celebrities famous for making cyber videos where they promote their cyber gambling sites

It's exactly like with all those fantasy sports betting sites that are allowed to operate as games and not considered gambling thanks to some legal loophole. Absolutely disgusting.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My dad plays fantasy sports! Watching him throw money almost directly into the garbage can is sad to see

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not sure whether Penny Arcade used to be good or I was just younger

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What triggered your desire to repeat this truth?

Every... six months, I wanna say, my friend thinks about it and we both check to see if it's still bad. It is! For many, many reasons.

Sakurazuka posted:

Not sure whether Penny Arcade used to be good or I was just younger

I do also wonder this, and I think it was good for its time. There were few gaming comics, Tycho wasn't yet buried under 700 thesauruses (thesauri?), and Gabe wasn't testing new methods of visual torture. Now they're constantly trying to improve and become more learned in their arts and failing to learn from their mistakes comparatively. This has been a gradual descent too, it's interesting to try and pinpoint moments when it started to go south.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If nothing else the art has regressed to an obscene degree thanks to Gabe's Late-Onset John K Disease.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It's scientifically proven that having kids makes you way less funny. Medical experts want to dissect Louis CK to learn how he has avoided this fate.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I feel like at this point their comic is kept around as a formality

I haven't read the comic in years and years and years and the only time I even hear about Mike and Gabe lately are when they say something really stupid. The art definitely has gotten worse tho, I'm not sure exactly how to describe it other than he tried to improve on his art too much but ended up just exaggerating the parts that weren't good and minimizing the parts of the art that were good

Really I just wish there was more of Kris and Scott's Scott and Kris show. That and Checkpoint! were good, and Checkpoint! is still going on Loading Ready Run's youtube channel but idk if Kris and Scott are still doing poo poo together or not

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

It's scientifically proven that having kids makes you way less funny. Medical experts want to dissect Louis CK to learn how he has avoided this fate.

He's an alternate universe Louis CK who slidered into this dimension and is a stand in for our Louis CK when doing stand up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bioshock Infinite, but with Louis CK instead of Comstock

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKuIeVtPeco

e: their blamimations show was fun too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNqLRGa8EIs

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jul 4, 2016

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
New Doggone Ronpaul ripoff looking weird

(Vita game naturally)

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did they finally make my dream game that combines anime idoru and Smash TV?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally, something to look forward to now I've finished ZTD

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

you're not gonna like this

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Did they finally make my dream game that combines anime idoru and Smash TV?
[img - a holographic mutoid man dancing around a stage in a frilly dress with a troupe of die cobros acting as backup dancers dot gifv]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not a fan of how the dangan ronpa and its copiers look and stuff but I hope that whatever that game is will be good enough for the people who do enjoy that style of game

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

New Doggone Ronpaul ripoff looking weird

(Vita game naturally)

They better localise this poo poo.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope I can be in a death game some day

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Why would they do a review just for this Story mode thing?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's being treated as (free) DLC for the main game and I guess they review DLC

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I have purchased a Wii U. Mario maker is a fun game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Cardboard Box A posted:

But mom I got a sick insider tip that StatTrak M9 Bayonet Crimson Web (Factory New) could only go up up up.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sotar posted:

I have purchased a Wii U. Mario maker is a fun game.

congrats, let us know when you come up for air

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I bought a Wii U to lend to friends since I never play the Wii U. I love the Wii U and I'm glad that my friends get to enjoy it.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I liked killing the werewolf in V:TM cause it was pretty satisfying after how tough it was to just try and survive

I liked how the werewolves in that game were just these things so powerful that even vampires were like "we don't gently caress with these"

That was just a great fight all-around in a wonderful game. I forget about Bloodlines all the time but then someone will mention it and I'll remember how perfectly that game pulled off the atmosphere in the first two chapters and how fun it was to play a Malkavian and be connected to the schizo vampire psychic Internet. The writing was so good it pulled me right into the lore and I found myself reading V:TM wikis for hours.

Thanks for reminding me again, FAK.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Palpek posted:

But mom I got a sick insider tip that StatTrak M9 Bayonet Crimson Web (Factory New) could only go up up up.

So with arcades eventually all becoming Chuck E. Cheese and Dave and Busters and now PC and console games becoming virtual hat slot machines and IAP meter maids it looks like the end point of video games is to eventually just become family-friendly legalized gambling. :capitalism:

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
<releases armful of amiibo> cash me out, boys

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Grimace posted:

Every... six months, I wanna say, my friend thinks about it and we both check to see if it's still bad. It is! For many, many reasons.

I do also wonder this, and I think it was good for its time. There were few gaming comics, Tycho wasn't yet buried under 700 thesauruses (thesauri?), and Gabe wasn't testing new methods of visual torture. Now they're constantly trying to improve and become more learned in their arts and failing to learn from their mistakes comparatively. This has been a gradual descent too, it's interesting to try and pinpoint moments when it started to go south.

I haven't read the comic in years but someone posted a recent one in another thread and I couldn't believe how ugly the art was. It's kind of hard to describe Gabe's head situation where instead of hair he has this bizarre stylized shape just vaguely attached to the head. Also a couple of years ago for some reason he decided that everyone's teeth should just be one piece and bucktoothed.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

good cartoon art. that means like. wax sculpture on a hot day in a universe where the depth axis doesn't exist

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

every time mike or whoever is the artist finishes a comic he does the chef finger kiss

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

he's really good with colors and shading though

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Everything about this.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

muscles like this? posted:

I haven't read the comic in years but someone posted a recent one in another thread and I couldn't believe how ugly the art was. It's kind of hard to describe Gabe's head situation where instead of hair he has this bizarre stylized shape just vaguely attached to the head. Also a couple of years ago for some reason he decided that everyone's teeth should just be one piece and bucktoothed.
This is exactly it. It's like he kept experimenting well beyond the point at which he should have stopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Guy Mann posted:

Everything about this.

I remember seeing the comic a few months ago and thought that the art was getting worse. I'm surprised that it kept doing that. That hair doesn't even look like hair anymore.

• Locked thread