Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I think

I think I've lost faith in the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

That pm is weird. Like, yall were discussing a touchy issue and he just started making a bunch of small talk about a super cool movie theater he went to???

Goodtime Pancreas
May 31, 2007
I'm glad he's gone and i hope he burns in hell.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Unfortunately from what I can tell they actually want gbs modded though. So good luck attempting to idlemod.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

this is Art.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i am also retarded, please make me a mod

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lollin'

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I'll script a modbot that will mod better than w98 ever could. I just need access to the mod tools to do so.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Cuckoo posted:

Is it wrong that I'm kind of sad he blew it early because his rampage would have been the funniest thing to happen to GBS in years?

It'd be funny but in the aftermath the screenshot would've gotten leaked and the idiot patrol would chase LA out and gbs would be even worse

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

a cop posted:

That pm is weird. Like, yall were discussing a touchy issue and he just started making a bunch of small talk about a super cool movie theater he went to???

i know this may come as a surprise to you but I think ol' Windows 98 had a touch of the 'tism

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LadyAmbien posted:

It's less a part of their lives than you would think. All they know is that their Dad owns a website. If anything, Gaming Garbage is what that they know about most.

In reality I figured its just like any kids and their parents jobs... You have a vague idea dad is an engineer, and maybe know he works for the train company, but thats about it.

Its way more fun to pretend they were shitposting with us at age 3 tho, especially since we would never notice!

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

a cop posted:

I think it's very possible windows started purposely trying to build a rapport with an admin to increase the chances he'd get a modding position in GBS, guy used to make a ton of posts in GBS & QCS about why he should be a mod. Pretending to be friends with people to get something he wanted would be my guess.

e: again just guessing because it's fun to guess and see if you're right after

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW
Also the fact that he enthusiastically saw "El Topo" indicates that he's more insufferable in real life.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
i dont even understand why he was asked to be a mod he openly is drunk nine hours a day and assaulted a person with a shovel for banging his girlfriend or him or whatever and his last six threads were 'here's a TOTAL HILARIOUS LOSER who walked into the gas station i work at ahahah vote me 5 please!!!'

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
All I know is that if I get modded I'll do the best job and will personally thanks each and every GBS poster

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

extra stout posted:

i dont even understand why he was asked to be a mod he openly is drunk nine hours a day and assaulted a person with a shovel for banging his girlfriend or him or whatever and his last six threads were 'here's a TOTAL HILARIOUS LOSER who walked into the gas station i work at ahahah vote me 5 please!!!'

Just a matter of not knowing enough about the users who post in GBS probs.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Digital Fingers posted:

I think it's very possible windows started purposely trying to build a rapport with an admin to increase the chances he'd get a modding position in GBS, guy used to make a ton of posts in GBS & QCS about why he should be a mod. Pretending to be friends with people to get something he wanted would be my guess.

e: again just guessing because it's fun to guess and see if you're right after

He seems like a real mother fucker, that's for sure. You hear me, w98, who is undoubtedly reading all of this?? Put your phone away! All the other people in the theater can see that light!!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

a cop posted:

I thought so too. But I'm pretty sure Windows 98 used to have a custom title saying he killed someone with a shovel, so I already figured he was weird.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Is a history of posting meltdowns a pre-requisite for becoming a mod? It sure seems that way.

extra stout posted:

I don't see how this stands out from the other mods over the years...

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

RFC2324 posted:

I don't see how this stands out from the other mods over the years...

The girlfriend was over 18 this time

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Business Gorillas posted:

The girlfriend was over 18 this time

:vince:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

He consumes approximately three vodka fifths a day, savagely beat a girl to death with a shovel, AND went to a special screening of El Topo?? And now he wants to be a mod???

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I am so angry I punched a bird

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I am so angry I punched a bird

fuckin better have not been a goose

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
i dont know what any of this is abotu but i do hate windows 98 a lot

(the forums user)

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

LadyAmbien posted:

This is what kills me. He still doesn't get that sharing the PM was lovely not because news getting out about him potentially becoming a mod - which was still in discussion, and we hadn't even been able to approach the other mods with it - but because the PM mentioned other people, WHO WE HADN'T EVEN HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO, TO GET THEIR OPINION ON THINGS IN GBS. The *whoosh* is deafening.

I'll say it again - I DUN hosed UP. Sorry gang.

he told everyone, asked me to make an av, applewhite to write him a backstory, approached some other posters for snaps he could use for ban reasons

this circus has been rolling for months and im glad there's finally been some payoff

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

approached some other posters for snaps he could use for ban reasons

"Good lord!" - norm

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

a cop posted:

He consumes approximately three vodka fifths a day, savagely beat a girl to death with a shovel, AND went to a special screening of El Topo?? And now he wants to be a mod???

Beat a GUY. Get your shovel-psycho lore right god

Iirc he admitted the whole thing in a thread called "2014 sucked" or something. He got a tattoo saying 2014 sucked to remind himself not to brain people with shovels anymore lmao

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Iron Prince posted:

Because geese retaliate.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

a cop posted:

"Good lord!" - norm

"sweet sassy molassy! user loses posting privileges for 3 days"

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

he told everyone, asked me to make an av, applewhite to write him a backstory, approached some other posters for snaps he could use for ban reasons

this circus has been rolling for months and im glad there's finally been some payoff

So he's seriously been planning his modhood for months like it was a done deal already?

I guessed right about being friendly to LA for the purpose of being modded I guess

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Before I clicked this thread I just knew it was going to be Windows98 overexcitedly shoehorning longwinded E/N bullshit about pretentious movie nonsense into a private conversation about forum moderation I just knew it

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Iron Prince posted:

It was the goose from the meme and I kicked the sloth astronaut

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Hector Beerlioz posted:

It was the goose from the meme and I kicked the sloth astronaut

n-n-nnooooo

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
boner thread for gays right here

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't know too much about Windows 98 in all honestly, but I thought it was real funny a while back when somebody did a comedy Mario 64 review and ran across the "Windows 98 Stop Posting Bridge".

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Right now I wish I was Windows Operating System Blue Screen of Death, because then I might not have to have read that post!!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

paul_soccer10 posted:

boner thread for gays right here

yes?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you can't see it, but i'm gesturing towards my crotch right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU