Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

Eonwe posted:

do i even want to know

of course you do which is why you asked

i also wanna know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Poetic Justice posted:

Has there ever been a community voted mod? Seems like it would work better since the community of active posters probably are more familiar with the other posters, as long as it doesn't just become a popularity contest, which I don't think it would.

Democracy doesn't work.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Ben Smash posted:

Make both Smashes mods. Smashin' GBS from both sides!

Oh gently caress yeah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Poetic Justice posted:

Has there ever been a community voted mod? Seems like it would work better since the community of active posters probably are more familiar with the other posters, as long as it doesn't just become a popularity contest, which I don't think it would.

i would think it would be better to disqualify for mod anyone gbs voted for

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Oh, dear god!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'd probably be a boring workaday mod like Genesplicer, which is apparently the worst thing according to most goons. As a plus, while I'm relatively stable, I am bi-polar, so there's always epic meltdown potential in my future and I'm positive there's embarrassing poo poo to dig up about me on the net.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Has anyone made a joke yet about Windows 95 vs Windows 98?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

RaceBannon posted:

of course you do which is why you asked

i also wanna know

Shovel, face, whiny wanna be.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a cop posted:

but why did anyone think he would be a good mod

Seriously

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'd probably be a boring workaday mod like Genesplicer, which is apparently the worst thing according to most goons. As a plus, while I'm relatively stable, I am bi-polar, so there's always epic meltdown potential in my future and I'm positive there's embarrassing poo poo to dig up about me on the net.

When can u start?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Phil Ochs was bi polar and he made some great art, so I don't know but I think every mod should have some forms mental illness.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
Lol I wonder if SA could find anybody to mod GBS. Most people have like poo poo to do now

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
This thread sucks and this drama is dumb

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
do mods deliver

i'd like to order a double pizza with extra fries

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

Lol I wonder if SA could find anybody to mod GBS. Most people have like poo poo to do now

Can you all freakin' stop messaging me about throwing my hat into the ring and becoming a mod now?

I'm NOT bloody interested!

:argh:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

Can't believe the attempted murderer who got a commemorative tattoo for the time he almost killed someone in cold blood is weird. It's just not possible
well when you put it that way it sounds kind of weird

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe Lowtax should just close SA and get a real job

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Eonwe posted:

being a mod sounds awful

i was offered once said yes, but then thought about what they said when offering and immediately declined

they said you should be prepared for insane people to stalk you and deal with people being babies, and i realized, thats terrible

im glad our admins and mods do it but i couldnt I don't think

Yah, I've worked retail as well.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i am against mods having secret identities
who do they think they are

also against admins creating accounts out of thin air all willy nilly they should have to pay $10 to make a new account
who do they think they are man
who

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
If you got paid even a tiny bit I would understand why people would mod, but to do it for free? Hahahaha gently caress no. And people think college athletes playing for free is problematic

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

facebook jihad posted:

Maybe Lowtax should just close SA and get a real job

Lowtax has a real job you dipstick! He posts videos of himself playing videogames on youtube.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
my outrage levels are high right now

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I just want to say im glad I got to witness GBS going through multiple, bloody cultural revolutions over the years. If GBS was a country somehow, I wonder how many times the UN would have to step in and deliver humanitarian aid.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i insist some admins PM me

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Nothing brings GBS together like stomping some idiot and their hair brained scheming. Congratulations to lowtax, lady ambien, and zen death robot for fixing gbs. You can all go back to ignoring us now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyFQVZ2h0V8

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

gary oldmans diary posted:

i am against mods having secret identities
who do they think they are

also against admins creating accounts out of thin air all willy nilly they should have to pay $10 to make a new account
who do they think they are man
who

i think being a mod should essentially be like being judge dredd, accept that people know your dark and miserable past and then use it against them by killing off your old desires and emotions and attaching your name to only one thing - fear in those who would dare to oppose the law

also if you kept posting and actually enjoying the forums instead of dictating how serious or how not serious each forum has to be, you would of course be biased towards whatever your favorite style of posting is

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Lowtax life has been a downward spiral ever since he forgot to patent lets play, losing out on trillions

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
looks like windows 98 is now windows VISTA!

AM I RIGHT FELLAS?

no wait, now he's also windows ME!

HA HA HA HA it's funny because I'm making jokes at his expense!

please laugh with me, I'm so sad and lonely

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

extra stout posted:

your favorite style of posting

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AugmentedVision posted:

Lowtax life has been a downward spiral ever since he forgot to patent lets play, losing out on trillions

The only thing that patenting Let's Play would have gotten Lowtax is the honorary distinction of having ownership of "most violated intellectual property since Game of Thrones".

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I'd be permabanned in 24 hours or less if I was made a mod of anything.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
in this case, I would say, the mods knew

they knew drat well

they knew

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

quote:

[16:43] <redacted> I was just talking to him last night and yeah he's an anal retentive shitlinger
[16:44] <redacted> was openly like "anime is going to be banned and I'm going to move all the threads I don't like to fyad"

Napoleon98 was already making edicts for his rule too.

LowPartz
Dec 23, 2015
PM = Peat Mover

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
PM = Penis Mould

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

4outof5 posted:

Napoleon98 was already making edicts for his rule too.

where are these logs from

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

OctoberBlues posted:

Lowtax has a real job you dipstick! He posts videos of himself playing videogames on youtube.

Lol yeah really making the bank with that 5K average per video

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

a cop posted:

Snowden

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Thanks to the dudes who pm'd me, you're the proof there is still a kind heart in this tragic burn victim of GBS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.

a cop posted:

#supersecretaltrightgbschatroom

• Locked thread