Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

funkymonks posted:

Opinions on if I should roll with an Exdeath, Bartz, Roselia, Leo draw or a CoD, Cecil, Edgar draw?

I would go with exdeath and bartz. That way you can murder with either physical or magical damage. Roselia is also the best healer at this time. And leo is pretty good too.

Edger's primary use is he can poison, but the second island has his bio blaster ability as an equipable ability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Roselia is also a more durable healer than Fina and she gets curaja which is very nice for when you need to do 1k+ hp aoe heals. Eventually when you get Exdeath's TM you can give her Holy as well.

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014
Loving the rare summons from the friend points and the increased friend point boost from today. Do people prefer a stat boosting helper from a friend or just the hardest hitter? Right now I'm using Sarah for her full party stat boosts ( working on Gilbert).

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Is anyone else having connection errors? The support tab is not being very helpful.

Worst part? I'm stuck inside an exploration quest. It errors whenever the stage ends. Sigh.

I had the same problem, I think you just have to quit out, unfortunately.

Should I be rolling with my lapis or saving it for later? I'm using Magitek Terra/vivi/kuja/Anselm/shantotto right now and I also got a kain, a Penelo, and some other 3*s I don't recognize. Did I get pretty screwed on the ticket rolls overall? Should I reroll?

Edit: also krile and Luna. What party should I be using?

Question Time fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 4, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Well it comes back to the same spot every time I start the game up...

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Well it comes back to the same spot every time I start the game up...

Just quitting out of the app didn't work for me. I had to go into the menu and "give up", losing all progress. Reportedly, that is the only way to get out.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is there a strategy for enhancing units now that the bonus is up?

Also, is today the day to dump all your FP into summons?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Butt Discussin posted:

I had the same problem, I think you just have to quit out, unfortunately.

Should I be rolling with my lapis or saving it for later? I'm using Magitek Terra/vivi/kuja/Anselm/shantotto right now and I also got a kain, a Penelo, and some other 3*s I don't recognize. Did I get pretty screwed on the ticket rolls overall? Should I reroll?

Edit: also krile and Luna. What party should I be using?

You got garabage. Roll all your tickets. Aim for at least one top tier character. If you don't get it then restart the game with a dummy Facebook account.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Butt Discussin posted:

Just quitting out of the app didn't work for me. I had to go into the menu and "give up", losing all progress. Reportedly, that is the only way to get out.

Well crap. Ah well, it was only a few days worth of work.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

Well crap. Ah well, it was only a few days worth of work.

You only lose that dungeon's worth of progress, not everything.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What do Gil Turtles do from the summons?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

PRADA SLUT posted:

Sell for a small amount of cash. Even the 3 star one sells for less than a fully leveled 1 star unit, though, so they're pretty lovely.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

PRADA SLUT posted:

You can sell them for monies

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How do you sell the 1/2 star people you get to max level? I can not figure it out :/
swear I never saw that drat button before

Tiny Chalupa fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 4, 2016

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I finally got a good start after a week of rerolling. CoD, Edgar, Cyan, Shantotto with 4 leftover summon tickets. Currently leading with CoD. 642 046 658

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Butt Discussin posted:

You only lose that dungeon's worth of progress, not everything.

Well fantastic then. I was just doing the second part of the model airship quest is all. I'd already long cleared the sewers out of real loot, so very little loss.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Can someone explain how the TM Fusing works for trash units? I'm trying to read the wiki but I'm not certain what the deal is? Do you level the trash summons and then fuse them to a good summon to get the TM effect?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm a few days in and I've been rolling with my main party, but now I'm contemplating restarting with a dummy Facebook account before I get too far. My initial rolls turned out to not be TERRIBLE, but not great. I don't have anyone good besides these primary five:

Firion
Laswell
Kain
Edgar
Roselia

Stick with it, or bail and restart before it's too late?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

PRADA SLUT posted:

Can someone explain how the TM Fusing works for trash units? I'm trying to read the wiki but I'm not certain what the deal is? Do you level the trash summons and then fuse them to a good summon to get the TM effect?

You get TM% ups from fusing trash units with themselves. Once the % reaches 100 you get the TM as an equippable ability/passive/item etc. Then you can sell that maxed trash unit and start over or whatever. Some of them are useful I guess (the ~Killer ones), most are trash but hey free stuff.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

PRADA SLUT posted:

If you have two of the same unit (star level doesn't matter), fusing one to the other combines their Trust level and adds an extra 5% on top. For example, if you had a Skaha with 3% Trust and one with 10% Trust, combining one into the other (doesn't matter which way) would give you a Skaha with 18% trust.

For friend point summons, you'll have approximately infinite of them over the course of the game, so just mash them together when you get extras. For lapis summons, they're a more restricted commodity (even the common ones), so the accepted practice is to take a party full of duplicate characters and just auto your way through the very first stage in the game over and over until you get a collective 100% (minus 5% per copy) so you can mash them together.

Never, ever combine top tier units for their trust rewards. For one thing, generally their trust rewards are things you want multiple of, and for another thing, having double Exdeath is way better than having one Exdeath and a quicker Holy.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So at some point I got 125 Lapis and now my Lapis count isn't round anymore.

:suicide:

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
So fuse duplicate trash units as soon as you get them until the TM hits 100%, at which point.. fuse them with a good unit for the ability?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

m.hache posted:

So at some point I got 125 Lapis and now my Lapis count isn't round anymore.

:suicide:

You got it from daily logins and there's 125 lapis 3 more times as long as you get all the login rewards for the month. Also 4 summon tickets.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

PRADA SLUT posted:

So fuse duplicate trash units as soon as you get them until the TM hits 100%, at which point.. fuse them with a good unit for the ability?

Only units of the same name boost TM.

Each Fusion raises it by 5% + Whatever accumulation of TM that unit has.

IE: I have a 3* Terra and a 5* Terra.

I fuse the 3* Into my 5*, my 5* get's a 5% TM Boost.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 4, 2016

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
100% TM units are good for farming - that TM percent also adds a chance at a bonus item after a stage is completed, which is guaranteed at 100%. Awaken the ones that are 3*/4* capable and max their level for farming the vortex material/awakening dungeons (this will take a while, generics that can do this are rare). Once you can field a full team of 3* 100% for farming, feel free to sell your 2* 100% characters for gil.

Varance fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 4, 2016

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

PRADA SLUT posted:

fuse them with a good unit for the ability?

No, once you hit 100% that ability is "unlocked" and it can now be slotted in to anyone's ability slot. Same with equipment, you now own that piece of equipment and it can be equipped.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Garfu posted:

No, once you hit 100% that ability is "unlocked" and it can now be slotted in to anyone's ability slot. Same with equipment, you now own that piece of equipment and it can be equipped.

That makes sense. When fusing trash units, should I always use 1* as fuel for the 2*? If I've got duplicates for 1*, but no 2*, should I fuse the 1* until I get a 2*?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Hmm, After someone reaches Cap, arent they supposed to be gaining experience for their Limit Break/Burst afterward?

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 4, 2016

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Shoenin posted:

Hmm, After someone reaches Cap, arent they supposed to be gaining experience for their Limit Break/Burst afterward?

No. You gain XP for Limit Breaks by using said Limit Break. Yes, it can take literally tens of thousands of uses to max out some characters' Limits. Most aren't worth it.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Thus is what you do for events like this.

1. Run 1 energy dungeon constantly for friend points.
2. Pull friend point summons. Sell all gil turtles.
3. Feed all duplicate friend summons to each other for TM.
4. Either use cactaurs to level up main team, or fuse them to 2* friend point summons.
5. Awaken all 1* and 2* friend summons up to 3* one time for the achievement towards a hero ring.
6. Once you've awoken each character once sell any you get in the future at level 30 2* for 15k Gil.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Wow thats dumb

Wiki says Deserted Highroad south is the best place to try and farm Sacred Crystal's. There's any other place thats better or is that really it aside the chamber?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ack, why must the Dalnyka Cave boss kick my rear end. I can get down to the Goblin Guard then attrition kicks in and my last guy- Biggs- kicks it.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

widespread posted:

Ack, why must the Dalnyka Cave boss kick my rear end. I can get down to the Goblin Guard then attrition kicks in and my last guy- Biggs- kicks it.

I suggest grinding in the exp dungeon.

My issue of late is my team leader is a 2* trash character, Rizer the Warrior. I'm wondering when he'll ever get outpaced (so far only hp is getting competitive). I've been putting a lot into him but I know his usefulness is finite. :saddowns:

Also, user Itachi, if you're a goon, you friend requested me but your list is full...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Shifood posted:

I logged in with FB like a dummy. Any way I can reroll? Do I have to create a dummy FB account?

I did the same damned thing, so I feel your pain. :smith::hf::smith:

When you get the team you want, you'll need a second FB account, and that will become your account for the rest of the game.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Choco1980 posted:

I suggest grinding in the exp dungeon.

My issue of late is my team leader is a 2* trash character, Rizer the Warrior. I'm wondering when he'll ever get outpaced (so far only hp is getting competitive). I've been putting a lot into him but I know his usefulness is finite. :saddowns:

Also, user Itachi, if you're a goon, you friend requested me but your list is full...

Why not use Laswell or Rain as your leader? They go up to 5* and eventually 6*

JohnnyTreachery
Dec 7, 2000

let 5* 240ATK Lasswell carry you (sometimes 5* Roselia, 4* Garland)

Shishells
May 25, 2012

Just rerolled into decent chars - 061.792.773.

3* Vaan, 5* Garland, 3* Firion.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Wow thats dumb

Wiki says Deserted Highroad south is the best place to try and farm Sacred Crystal's. There's any other place thats better or is that really it aside the chamber?

The only way you can get Sacred Crystals from certain missions is as a trust bonus from bringing high trust % guys, and it's not that mission in particular. You can get Sacred Crystals/Star Quartz/Screamroot from other missions randomly (besides the 1 energy ones), or from minitaurs on exploration missions (just as rare).

The caveat is that you would have to bring a full set of 100% trust dudes to make farming 'normal' missions for those things worthwhile. Do the chamber.

FP units are decent for a 'TM Bonus Team' since you can get their TM% up high relatively easily.

Victis fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 4, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

m.hache posted:

Why not use Laswell or Rain as your leader? They go up to 5* and eventually 6*

Once they're stronger in either att or def I plan to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Victis posted:

The only way you can get Sacred Crystals from certain missions is as a trust bonus from bringing high trust % guys, and it's not that mission in particular. You can get Sacred Crystals/Star Quartz/Screamroot from other missions randomly (besides the 1 energy ones), or from minitaurs on exploration missions (just as rare).

The caveat is that you would have to bring a full set of 100% trust dudes to make farming 'normal' missions for those things worthwhile. Do the chamber.

FP units are decent for a 'TM Bonus Team' since you can get their TM% up high relatively easily.

No, the bosses of most second island locations can drop Sacred Crystals and Holy Crystals. As Deserted Highroad is the easiest and cheapest second island dungeon, it's the best non-Vortex farming spot for them. It's still worse than the INT Awakening Vortex though.

• Locked thread