Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
https://twitter.com/PaulaReidCBS/status/750313316799700992

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Sir Tonk posted:

The "silent minority"

"They were just scared by the liberal media, like Fox News and the claims that Trump is racist just because he insults everyone non-white. They'll be out in November, you just wait."

It's like Shrodinger's Voter Base, they both exist and don't.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ANY DAY NOW!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Sir Tonk posted:

http://nypost.com/2016/07/05/trump-supporter-says-mexican-restaurant-refused-to-serve-her/

uh oh, someone's restaurant is about to get a whole bunch of death threats.

trumpvoter.jpg

You don't go to a Mexican restaurant, run by a Mexican-American family, wearing a loving Trump hat and just do it because Muh Political Beliefs. You do it to start poo poo. She got what she was after.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

You don't go to a Mexican restaurant, run by a Mexican-American family, wearing a loving Trump hat and just do it because Muh Political Beliefs. You do it to start poo poo. She got what she was after.

You forget that these people live in a world where nothing Donald Trump has ever said is racist

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

And there's the announcement that there won't be an indictment.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

And there's the announcement that there won't be an indictment.

Could be that, could be the opposite, could be him resigning with the reason being political interference with his job. We'll see in an hour and a half.

----------------

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Narciss posted:

Could be that, could be the opposite, could be him resigning with the reason being political interference with his job. We'll see in an hour and a half.

A meteor could also strike between now and then! We'll have to wait see which of these incredibly unlikely things happens, next on Fox News!

I am not sure why you're so insistent on keeping on this gimmick, and this is the last reply I plan on giving you on the matter but it just makes you look tedious and dumb.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Maybe unicorns will fly out of my butt

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

A meteor could also strike between now and then! We'll have to wait see which of these incredibly unlikely things happens, next on Fox News!

I am not sure why you're so insistent on keeping on this gimmick, and this is the last reply I plan on giving you on the matter but it just makes you look tedious and dumb.

A year-long criminal investigation is being concluded, and the FBI is presumably commenting on said investigation. Why is "maybe this will result in some charges levied at the primary target" such a ridiculous idea?

----------------

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Narciss posted:

A year-long criminal investigation is being concluded, and the FBI is presumably commenting on said investigation. Why is "maybe this will result in some charges levied at the primary target" such a ridiculous idea?

Because anyone with two brain-cells can read the writing on the wall? Again, as I posted earlier the burden required to warrant criminal charges is incredibly high. They have to not just prove that there was information being exchanged that was classified at the time, but that it was done maliciously with intention to subvert. That's an incredibly high burden and one that no one outside of the fringes or Fox News thinks is likely to happen.

There is, further, no evidence that the FBI Director has felt any political interference that would warrant him stepping down -- so I don't know where you pulled that out of your rear end other than, again, fringe or bias right-wing media that turned a 5 minute social conversation in an airport into a full-blown scandal.

Again, the gimmick is tedious and stupid. There is, of course, a possibility anything could happen -- as I said a giant meteor could strike and kill all life on earth -- but it's not fairly likely to happen, nor is it fairly likely to happen.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jul 5, 2016

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

He's going to announce that he saved a whole bunch of money by switching to Geico.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Because anyone with two brain-cells can read the writing on the wall?

Listen man, you just never know! Literally anything can happen.

Anything.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

I also haven't seen anyone else reporting on the announcement, so I don't even know if it's happening or not.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

there wolf posted:

Farnham's is science fiction, isn't it? Le Guin did some short stories with that premise, too, so they might not be terrible.

Where do you stand on how natural it is for daughters to want to have sex with their father because he's a real man not some weak intellectual who wants to side with the darkies?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Narciss posted:

I doubt that. If the FBI director has to resign because the Obama administration interfered with his ability to investigate Hillary, Obama would be ending Hillary's chances of victory in November. What would be the point in ruining your reputation to generate an outcome that would take place without your interference?

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

:lol: He obtained the emails through FOIA, nothing in them is going to be anything that someone hasn't already seen.

Also, again, the burden of proof here has to be that she knowingly compromised classified material (that was classified at the time) with malicious intent. It's a very high bar and it's not happening.

poo poo, even Petraeus didn't have malicious intent.

Whole lot of people on this page giving Narciss way more attention than he's ever earned.

mdemone fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Jul 5, 2016

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Narciss posted:

What horse poo poo are you going to peddle after the non-indictment? Radio silence until the 9th Benghazi investigation to nowhere? Or doubling down on the inevitable "independent investigation" into the public e-mails by a republican think tank?

Do you have a spine? Or should we wait for an investigative panel to tell us. Any day now

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

thecluckmeme posted:

What horse poo poo are you going to peddle after the non-indictment? Radio silence until the 9th Benghazi investigation to nowhere? Or doubling down on the inevitable "independent investigation" into the public e-mails by a republican think tank?

Do you have a spine? Or should we wait for an investigative panel to tell us. Any day now

he claims he will accept a non-indictment decision and move on

how much you believe that, well . . .

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoft posted:

Where do you stand on how natural it is for daughters to want to have sex with their father because he's a real man not some weak intellectual who wants to side with the darkies?

Just to be clear the "might not be terrible" is only referring to Le Guin who entire body of work is about examining and deconstructing social constructs and systems of power.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

thecluckmeme posted:

Good god man, calm down. If Comey does not recommend indictment, I will fully accept that there is not enough evidence to prosecute. If he were to say "the FBI investigation is being interfered with and I'm resigning", on the other hand, I'd be pretty miffed (as should any American).

----------------

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Taerkar posted:

He's going to announce that he saved a whole bunch of money by switching to Geico.

This was so stupid but it really made me laugh

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

thecluckmeme posted:

Like every single other Clinton non-scandal, it'll go to the Big Pile of things "they got away with only because of their money and connections!" The conniption about the Lynch-Clinton meeting already gave cover to do that. Without the meeting it would have been something else.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

If it follows Comey's recent statements, it'll be him talking about how much more secure we'll be if we ban encryption.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Given that the FBI is not usually in the business of massively destabilizing the entire country - in fact they usually try to do the opposite of that - I'd be really surprised if they decided to drag this poo poo out for THIS LONG and then indict her right before the convention, even if she had actually done something illegal (which she didn't).

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Taerkar posted:

You mean the Government Employees Insurance Company?

You know who else was a GOVERNMENT Employee?

Hillary Roadham CLINTON. Who else was a GOVERNMENT Employee? Her crooked Husband Bill Joffry CLINTON.

All part of the bribery package from the CLONTONS I'm sure.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
Also, like... is she $hillary Clinton with her fingers on all the levers of power in Washington, or isn't she? If you believe that she is, don't you also sorta have to believe that she could do whatever illegal poo poo she wanted and still not be indicted for it?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

showbiz_liz posted:

Also, like... is she $hillary Clinton with her fingers on all the levers of power in Washington, or isn't she? If you believe that she is, don't you also sorta have to believe that she could do whatever illegal poo poo she wanted and still not be indicted for it?

you're looking in the wrong place if you're after consistency, friend-o

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

showbiz_liz posted:

It's that old crypto-fascist rigmarole where Clinton is both so powerful and untouchable that they'll never convict her, but not so powerful and untouchable that she couldn't avoid getting investigated in the first place.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

This somehow seems more likely than an indictment:

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/750329689764405249

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Antti posted:

Like every single other Clinton non-scandal, it'll go to the Big Pile of things "they got away with only because of their money and connections!" The conniption about the Lynch-Clinton meeting already gave cover to do that. Without the meeting it would have been something else.

The funny thing about the Lynch Clinton meeting is Lynch meets regularly with and reports directly to Barack Hussein(some people forget about that, I think it's important) Obama, who is campaigning for Hillary Clinton. What influence is Bill gonna wield that Obama couldn't.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

gradenko_2000 posted:

It's that old crypto-fascist rigmarole where Clinton is both so powerful and untouchable that they'll never convict her, but not so powerful and untouchable that she couldn't avoid getting investigated in the first place.

obligatory quote

Umberto Eco posted:

When I was a boy I was taught to think of Englishmen as the five-meal people. They ate more frequently than the poor but sober Italians. Jews are rich and help each other through a secret web of mutual assistance. However, the followers of Ur-Fascism must also be convinced that they can overwhelm the enemies. Thus, by a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak. Fascist governments are condemned to lose wars because they are constitutionally incapable of objectively evaluating the force of the enemy.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

greatn posted:

The funny thing about the Lynch Clinton meeting is Lynch meets regularly with and reports directly to Barack Hussein(some people forget about that, I think it's important) Obama, who is campaigning for Hillary Clinton. What influence is Bill gonna wield that Obama couldn't.

Exactly. It's dumb bullshit ginned up by biased sources and a BOTH SIDES media.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I mean supposedly he could give her a high paying position on the Clinton foundation board? But in what world would a Clinton be politically stupid enough to do that. Maybe Roger Clinton.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

greatn posted:

I mean supposedly he could give her a high paying position on the Clinton foundation board? But in what world would a Clinton be politically stupid enough to do that. Maybe Roger Clinton.

All of this assumes that Team Clinton thought they actually needed to use that sort of suasion to prevent an indictment, which given that she will be on the same stage as President Obama three hours later doesn't seem very likely.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

greatn posted:

And why would Lynch not indict if the FBI recommended to do so? Why drag the whole party down, ruin the Obama legacy, and still lose the general election?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Since the "INDICTMENT IMMINENT" people have spent the past few months making Comey into a hero, what's gonna happen in the aftermath of a non-indictment? Taking bets on "Hillary has kidnapped Comey's kids" vs. "Comey was in their pocket all along!"

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
So the comey statement will be televised, but not the Q&A, correct?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bushiz posted:

Since the "INDICTMENT IMMINENT" people have spent the past few months making Comey into a hero, what's gonna happen in the aftermath of a non-indictment? Taking bets on "Hillary has kidnapped Comey's kids" vs. "Comey was in their pocket all along!"

Clearly, Comey felt pressure by the Evil Bitch Loretta Lynch, who has no doubt been promised a [insert incentive of choice here] by the vile adulterer Bill Clinton and terrorist sympathizer Barack Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

These people are the same one's who used to hate Petraeus, too by the way.

• Locked thread