Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Joementum posted:

Arguing that Clinton's history of poor, but politically expedient, judgment isn't a big deal because other political elites showed similarly poor judgment at times isn't a very convincing endorsement of her suitability for office.

I mean thats why this is a deal at all, loathe as I am to admit it. It's that the Clintons (both of them) have always been involved with, basically, cutting corners on poo poo. Now that's not to say that virtually every person who's held that office hasn't been to a degree part of that, but it brings that all again to the forefront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

CNN is now using the term "careless Clinton". Lean doeskin is apparently writing for them now.

Aggressive auto-correct or a weird new nickname?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I mean thats why this is a deal at all, loathe as I am to admit it. It's that the Clintons (both of them) have always been involved with, basically, cutting corners on poo poo. Now that's not to say that virtually every person who's held that office hasn't been to a degree part of that, but it brings that all again to the forefront.

as someone who loathes government, bureacuracy, and do nothing administrators drowning america in endless job-killing regulations and red tape, allow me to hold court at length as to why it is a mortal sin for $hillary to not follow proper governmental procedure to obtain a sanctioned government email address through the proper channels permitting acceptable oversight

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
:lol: Hillary is innocent. Bernie-bro tears are filling the facebook feed right now.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Noam Chomsky posted:

If you can't see how it is in the interests of the global intelligence agencies and various world governments that Assange is accused of an indefensible crime, and that they may have helped the accusations along at best, then you're probably why various intelligence agencies and the global elite get away with so much. Guilty until proven innocent, I guess.

Wait so if it was a set up then why didn't he stand for trial. Or are you suggesting the CIA would have kidnapped Assange from Sweden? Youknow what kiind of a international incident that would have caused? Or are you and le Jackal convinced that all media, even international media is in the tank for Amerikkka?

Crowsbeak fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 5, 2016

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Popular Thug Drink posted:

as someone who loathes government, bureacuracy, and do nothing administrators drowning america in endless job-killing regulations and red tape, allow me to hold court at length as to why it is a mortal sin for $hillary to not follow proper governmental procedure to obtain a sanctioned government email address through the proper channels permitting acceptable oversight

someone is literally going to use Hillary's non-compliance with government bureaucratic protocol to vote for the Libertarian candidate.

we live on a crazy planet

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Joementum posted:

Arguing that Clinton's history of poor, but politically expedient, judgment isn't a big deal because other political elites showed similarly poor judgment at times isn't a very convincing endorsement of her suitability for office.

If I were to walk into a classroom before the class as a school administrator or something and lied to the assembled class "Hey guys there is a really bad Carbon Monoxide leak in here please vacate the premises". Do you think it would be fair to severely punish or admonish those students who took this person's information at face value and decided to leave the building missing the class?

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jul 5, 2016

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Joementum posted:

Sure it is, because showing a history of politically expedient judgement is a quality I want to see in my elected representatives.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dexo posted:

If I were to walk into a classroom before the class as a school administrator or something and lied to the assembled class "Hey guys there is a really bad Carbon Monoxide leak in here please vacate the premises". Do you think it would be fair to severely punish those students who took this person's information at face value and decided to leave the building missing the class?

Well this is America so yes probably. In-school-suspension at least. Aka, school but you're not allowed to learn. That seems fair.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Karl Sharks posted:

what does her email use during her stint as sec of state have to do with her vote as a senator on the iraq war? do you have that little reading comprehension?

It's just more lovely judgement on her part. You can choose to ignore that but I don't. She has bad judgement and that doesn't make me confident that she will be a good president.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

https://twitter.com/HAGOODMANAUTHOR/status/750383583454371840

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

mcmagic posted:

It's just more lovely judgement on her part. You can choose to ignore that but I don't. She has bad judgement and that doesn't make me confident that she will be a good president.

given that jeb bush, marco rubio, scott walker, chris christie, bobby jindal and rick perry did the exact same thing clinton did this indicates that you think cruz, fiorina, carson, and trump have better judgement than all the rest of the gop field lmao. really only cruz since he's the only elected official of the bunch

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hillary Bots is such a dumb name when the obviously more superior Clintrons is an option.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Dexo posted:

If I were to walk into a classroom before the class as a school administrator or something and lied to the assembled class "Hey guys there is a really bad Carbon Monoxide leak in here please vacate the premises". Do you think it would be fair to severely punish or admonish those students who took this person's information at face value and decided to leave the building missing the class?

I'm not going to even bother with your silly analogy. There were plenty of people at the time, many of whom had access to the same information she did, who determined that the line they were being fed was either false or wildly exaggerated. She made a poor decision, lots of people died, and she'll have to live with having her judgment questioned over it along with other poor choices.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Factually? Yes Bernie's campaign is still ongoing.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Factually? Yes Bernie's campaign is still ongoing.

well actually, the korean war...

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Did they poo poo on a cop car?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i hear goodman has a track record of being a paultard as well

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

As opposed to noted Good Judger, Donald Trump. He has the best judgement!

But seriously, Hillary's vote would not have saved us from the Iraq War if she had voted against it, and I don't expect people to never make mistakes. It is not a big deal to me personally.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

mcmagic posted:

Eh, I feel like the president has more handlers and less leeway on issues like this where her (not entirely unjustified) paranoia about republicans being always out to get her might lead to lapses in judgement. I disagree with her on some key things, so I'm hesitant to say "good", but I think she'll be an effective president (so much as can be expected anyway, depending on what sort of congress she has) and largely free from any legitimate scandal.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

ReidRansom posted:

Eh, I feel like the president has more handlers and less leeway on issues like this where her (not entirely unjustified) paranoia about republicans being always out to get her might lead to lapses in judgement. I disagree with her on some key things, so I'm hesitant to say "good", but I think she'll be an effective president (so much as can be expected anyway, depending on what sort of congress she has) and largely free from any legitimate scandal.

This is pretty high praise coming from RR.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Internet Webguy posted:

Did they poo poo on a cop car?
I heard they removed the "B" key from all the House keyboards, we need an independent investigation.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

i hear goodman has a track record of being a paultard as well

This is confirmed yes.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
In October 2002 when the Iraq vote happened, Bush was selling the line, both publicly and personally to Clinton, that the authorization was necessary to ensure that Bush's threat to invade is Hussein didn't let the UN inspectors do their job was credible.

The war didn't start for another five months.

Meanwhile, the Afghanistan vote was 9/15/01 and the invasion was 10/7/01.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

WampaLord posted:

As opposed to noted Good Judger, Donald Trump. He has the best judgement!

But seriously, Hillary's vote would not have saved us from the Iraq War if she had voted against it, and I don't expect people to never make mistakes. It is not a big deal to me personally.

Ehh 300k dead, untold war crimes and the entire middle east still suffering from the effects of that war. But no biggie, it's not a big deal to you personally. Do you realize how despicable what you just wrote is?

If you ask me, anyone who had anything to do with that decision should have that nun from Game of Thrones walking behind them ringing a bell and yelling "shame" at them for the rest of their lives. Being excluded from public service should be the least we can do as a society... Turn out we can't though.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 5, 2016

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

Wait so if it was a set up then why didn't he stand for trial. Or are you suggesting the CIA would have kidnapped Assange from Sweden? Youknow what kiind of a international incident that would have caused? Or are you and le Jackal convinced that all media, even international media is in the tank for Amerikkka?

There won't be a trial, of course. The point isn't to try him in a fair court, to find justice for the alleged victim, or to find the truth. The purpose is to put him in a position where the US government can seize him under color of law to soothe their embarrassment.

There wouldn't be a black bag job where 50 lizard people commandos burst into the Swedish prosecutors office and murder everyone with polonium ray guns before spiriting Assange into their flying saucer.

Instead, when he is sitting across a table under a room under the control of Swedish authorities an extradition order will be passed along by sober, calm faced officers who will then take him into custody and transfer him to American authorities for rendition.

There is no need for a vast conspiracy when the system is already set up for easy abuse and you've intentionally muddied someone's name.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mcmagic posted:

It's not like she was some lynchpin vote. She personally didn't cause that loss of life, as that happens whether she votes yay or nay.

I've read the reports, and I can completely see why someone who was given the information that they were given would logic out that authorizing war was an acceptable option.

I disagree with that decision. But to me that was an understandable position to have. I don't even like the Iraq war vote being used against the Republican House, and Senate members. My entire problem with the Iraq war p much is with how much the executive branch lied and manipulated people to get us into it.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Ehh 300k dead, untold war crimes and the entire middle east still suffering from the effects of that war. But no biggie, it's not a big deal to you personally. Do you realize how despicable what you just wrote is?

If you ask me, anyone who had anything to do with that decision should have the Nun from Game of Thrones ringing a bell and yelling "shame" at them for the rest of their lives. Being excluded from public service should be the least we can do as a society... Turn out we can't though.

Do you go this hard against every politician who voted for a war that was sold to them under false pretenses or just Hillary?

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
I don't think a "good judgement" president is in the cards, honestly.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

In October 2002 when the Iraq vote happened, Bush was selling the line, both publicly and personally to Clinton, that the authorization was necessary to ensure that Bush's threat to invade is Hussein didn't let the UN inspectors do their job was credible.

The war didn't start for another five months.

Meanwhile, the Afghanistan vote was 9/15/01 and the invasion was 10/7/01.

Like, she's on record:

She voted for the war because Bush told her that he needed the authorization to force Hussein to allow the inspections, while privately Bush had no intention of letting the inspections happen in good faith. However, Clinton trusted him because he secured funds to rebuild NYC after 9/11 over Republican opposition. In other words: Bush lied, people died.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

LeJackal posted:

There won't be a trial, of course. The point isn't to try him in a fair court, to find justice for the alleged victim, or to find the truth. The purpose is to put him in a position where the US government can seize him under color of law to soothe their embarrassment.

There wouldn't be a black bag job where 50 lizard people commandos burst into the Swedish prosecutors office and murder everyone with polonium ray guns before spiriting Assange into their flying saucer.

Instead, when he is sitting across a table under a room under the control of Swedish authorities an extradition order will be passed along by sober, calm faced officers who will then take him into custody and transfer him to American authorities for rendition.

There is no need for a vast conspiracy when the system is already set up for easy abuse and you've intentionally muddied someone's name.

Yeah considering Sweden has no such extradition treaty that would still cause a international incident and have likely caused a poo poo storm in Europe and Australia. Sorry if the fact don't agree with your view on evil AmeriKKKa. Anyways if it was just that easy then why when he was in countries with extradition treaties did the USA not try to get him then?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Her voting for authorization of force isn't some loving endorsement of blatant tourture, war crimes and other violations of international law dude.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Yeesh. I've got a pretty big hardon for Bernie but even I understand that the race is over. That's some olympic-level self-delusion right there.

ReidRansom posted:

Hillary Bots is such a dumb name when the obviously more superior Clintrons is an option.

Agreed.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Don't Forget, You're Here Forever

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/750415458973560832

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Wow, she killed 300k people all by herself? Impressive!

In your hypothetical world where Hillary doesn't vote for the War in Iraq, not a single one of those people gets magically brought back to life, because the vote would still be overwhelmingly in favor of it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

WampaLord posted:

Wow, she killed 300k people all by herself? Impressive!

In your hypothetical world where Hillary doesn't vote for the War in Iraq, not a single one of those people gets magically brought back to life, because the vote would still be overwhelmingly in favor of it.

Not sure how that justifies her horrible judgement though.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

mcmagic posted:

If you ask me, anyone who had anything to do with that decision should have that nun from Game of Thrones walking behind them ringing a bell and yelling "shame" at them for the rest of their lives. Being excluded from public service should be the least we can do as a society... Turn out we can't though.

mcmagic what is your opinion on Vice President Joe Biden?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

This is pretty high praise coming from RR.

Haha, I guess I have come around a little bit.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Hillary did a thing, ergo thing is bad

Now let me tell you about the utopia that was Libya under Gaddafi until Killary KKKlinton came in and forced serfdom on them all and leveled their cities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

axeil posted:

mcmagic what is your opinion on Vice President Joe Biden?

I think that anyone who voted for that war should be excluded from public service.

• Locked thread