Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Heya, just as a heads up my posts are going to be kinda sporadic over the next few days as I'm in the middle of moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Gharbad the Weak posted:

What's all our current prestige level number thingies right now, anyway?

3 with Flint and the Unseen Court, 2 with Risur.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Okay, I don't want to play PM tag, I want to talk about this. I was hoping to do so more privately, but this'll suffice.

From about halfway through May I entered into a final-of-grad-school crunch mode wherein I felt like I HAD to get poo poo done, and had to at least make the pretense of ignoring everything else on the way, which is why I stopped posting initially. This went fairly well until the actual graduation ceremony on... roughly the 23rd? At which point all I had left was one big final paper to do. It FELT like it should last two weeks at the most.

What actually HAPPENED was I completely collapsed into post-grad-school burnout and the paper took a month and a half. It got finished two days ago. I'm not an idiot and can recognize a problem when I see one, and the current plan for the summer is to do absolutely loving nothing stressful while I get my medication and my psychiatric poo poo in order in preparation for moving on with the business of living.

Which, uh, brings us back to this. Pants, you said in response to my first message that you didn't think it was a good idea to keep playing if I was going to go straight into job hunting and other high priority stuff. Well, I'm not, at least not right now, and by the time I start doing that stuff again I should be much more capable on all fronts to actually multitask and not have to try and force myself into doing simple things. I'd still LIKE to come back, if it wouldn't be too awkward, but it might be at this point? I don't know. But then, that's why I wanted to talk about it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alright, come on back if you're sure it'll be okay.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!
Anyone with decent mental scores want to roll Arcana, Perception, and/or Insight to zero in on the problem?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Gimme a sec and I'll do all three.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
When I get home, happily!

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
So instead, when I got home, I rested for about an hour or two, then basically passed out.

Hooray summer schedule!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
It's cool, naps are good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just fyi I had to edit some fairly important details into my latest post

sorry about that, make sure you don't miss them if you've already read it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I hope I can make Rock Rackus something more than just a Kanye West joke. That's not a dead horse so much as a petrified crust of glue.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I know that Sharhesh doesn't know what the hell to think of him, right now. And I the player was not expecting him to be Kanye.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
I had my suspicions, since some of it was already hinted at in the Player's Guide, which lists Rock Rackus as an example of the celebrity whose Notorious Celebrity paragon path encounter power includes the flavor text "You'll let him finish, but..."

But it's good to hear that we're not going down that route.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Dungeoneering and Arcana checks would be great about now.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Does our initiative include the +2 Bran gives to the rest of us when his initiative beats ours? If so that may push Cha and Sharhesh up.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Forgot about that. Fixed now.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Ok. Well Cirno, you now have initiative and everyone adjacent to you, so we can tee off on these guys whenever you're ready.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
I totally forgot but Androc, since FRED isn't a warlock anymore and won't be cursing things you can probably swap Accursed Coordination for a different feat.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Sorry for the silence there; I was moved to teaching a writing class, and if you hated writing those in college, BOY LET ME TELL YOU, I would rather write one essay then grade 30 of them again!

And again.

and again.

:qq:

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

LightWarden posted:

I totally forgot but Androc, since FRED isn't a warlock anymore and won't be cursing things you can probably swap Accursed Coordination for a different feat.

That would probably be a good idea. Really Pants, is it fine if I do so right now?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Go for it. Let me know what you pick.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Anybody seen Harthacnut?

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Right, I'll be taking Hidden Sniper, which gives me advantage any time I have concealment (i.e. basically always with shadow walk). Current combat block, which also includes the Enshrouding Candle I bought:

pre:
HP: 43/43 (THP: )	AC:	19	Passive Insight: 11
Surges: 6/6 (V: 9)	Fort:	15	Passive Perception: 11
Initiative: +6		Ref:	20	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will:	22	Vision: Low-Light
Resist: 

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Eldritch Blast		[ ] Unfinished Business	[ ] Decree of Khirad
Spiteful Glamour	[ ] Cursebite		[ ] Speak With Spirit
Darkspiral Aura		[ ] Beguiling Tongue	[ ] Amulet of Resolution
Warlock's Curse		[ ] Fey Step		[ ] Armor of Dark Majesty
			[ ] Second Wind		[ ] Well of Shadows
			[ ] Master Diplomat	[ ] Enshrouding Candle	
			[ ] Shared Agony
                        [ ] Mark of Chaos

Conditionals/Resists:
Current Darkspiral Aura:  0
Darkspiral rod: +[darkspiral aura] untyped bonus to damage rolls against cursed targets
Gauntlets of Blood: +2 untyped bonus to damage rolls against bloodied targets
Prime Shot:  +1 to ranged attack rolls if no allies are closer to the target
Accursed Coordination:  Warlock's Curse can be placed on creatures under another's Curse;
			gain Combat Advantage against creatures with multiple curses
Shadow Walk:  Moving 3+ squares grants Concealment until your next turn ends
Hidden Sniper: Combat advantage on ranged attacks against targets from whom Haldain has concealment.
Bloodied Boon:  Can choose to gain Pact Boon, and remove Warlock's Curse, 
		when a target becomes Bloodied rather than reduced to 0 HP
Rod of Corruption:  When Pact Boon is triggered, can forgo normal benefit to place Curse
		on all enemies within 5 squares of the triggering creature
Aberrant Mark of Madness: Enemies hit by dailies take -2 to will for the encounter.
Armor of Dark Majesty: +2 item bonus to all defenses against cursed targets
Eladrin Will:  +5 to saves vs. Charm effects
Trance:  Extended rests take only 4 hours and require no sleep
Fey Origin:  Count as Fey creature for all related effects

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
So, it looks like these guys might be insubstantial? Takara might be able to do full damage to them with CA thanks to her ki focus, but if we don't find some other method to bypass this we're going to effectively be dealing with something like 1000 HP worth of meat to hack through provided our new wizard buddy doesn't accidentally summon any more of them. Any ideas?

Bran is the one with the best Dungeoneering check, while Cha and FRED have the best Religion and Arcana checks, though they're also good at the other checks and Haldain is no slouch at them either.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

I'm going to walk over to the nerd and swirlie him until he tells us what the gently caress he's done.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Agreed.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Redeye Flight posted:

I'm going to walk over to the nerd and swirlie him until he tells us what the gently caress he's done.

Should be SOP in all honesty

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 8, 2016

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Plan number one was just to hit nerd boy in the face with a Viper's Strike, and is still on the table, but really priority one is getting that staff off him. Is it possible to do that (I.E. disarming him, which I don't see a rollslot for on my sheet), and if so, how? If not I'll just go with plan A.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Make a grab attack (standard action 1d20+Strength+half-level vs. Simon's Reflex) to get hold of the staff, and another grab--or bull rush, or anything else with forced movement--to get it away from Simon.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

How did the dice read my mind and predict exactly how I was secretly hoping that roll would turn out

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Bull rush is also a standard; you'd need an action point to use it on the same turn. It missed anyway, so don't worry about that.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
Anyone want to make some monster knowledge checks as a free action? If Pants is NPCing Bran, he can roll a Dungeoneering check for him and see what happens.

Speculation so far: If Thoughtform is an insubstantial variation then something like force damage might help, but I don't think we have any. Insubstantial undead usually can have their insubstantial trait turned off for a round by radiant damage, and if these guys are something made from thought then hitting them with some sort of psychic/charm/fear effect might help.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I can actually do force damage with one encounter, radiant with me non-Magic Weapon at-will, and grant additional psychic damage with a daily...!

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
dangit let me roll a 1 you nerd dice roller

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ringbaud Technique is another Martial Scientist theme power. Takara wouldn't be able to have it and Surgical Strike ready at the same time.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

My current long-term plan: since I'm a warlord and CAN direct people to do stuff without being directly engaged, I'm going to lazylord from inside the tent while grilling the mage about who he is, what this staff is, why he thought any of this was a good idea, etc. Most particularly, does he have any loving idea how to make this staff do things that are not summoning hell demons.

Redeye Flight fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 9, 2016

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,

Really Pants posted:

Ringbaud Technique is another Martial Scientist theme power. Takara wouldn't be able to have it and Surgical Strike ready at the same time.

I was under the impression that Surgical Strike was a boon, and Surgical Precision was the Martial Scientist attack power that replaces Experimental Strike when prepared. At least that's what I have in my notes.

(My easy way of distinguishing the two is to never prep Surgical Precision because it's an incredibly corner-case power that only shines when you have a save-ends weapon power used on an AP, of which I don't have any)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sorry, I mixed them up.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Tin Star,
No problem.

That's Takara and Haldain, so time to see what the remaining flying things do and if Bran can learn anything with a Dungeoneering check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I'm gonna chat with Lightwarden over Skype first, but my plan is to take the cursed flying guy, knock it towards Sharhesh, and get the beatstick going. Wait as long as possible before trying to convince someone to hop into some worm's mouth.

• Locked thread