Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

It'll be a weird narrative if they're POC but their manifesto is all about Aliens and the Rapture and tinfoil hat poo poo and never mentions actual racial justice. Oh the news narrative will obviously settle on "BLM kills cops" whatever their motive is if they're POC, but I'd be morbidly curious to see the churns it would take to get there in that scenario.

So that's a vote for a Nation of Islam splinter group then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Looks like tinfoil is back on the menu boys

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

disjoe posted:

Someone who isn't as dumb as I am tell me, is there any chance we get an identity tonight?

I'd guess earliest reliable ID at about 5-6 am.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

disjoe posted:

Someone who isn't as dumb as I am tell me, is there any chance we get an identity tonight?
Maybe after they ID the guy they arrest/kill in the garage, who knows when that's going to happen tho

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Spiritus Nox posted:

How easy is it to get your hands on a protest route? I wouldn't think it'd be that tough, but I've never tried.

I thought he turned himself in, instead of being brought in? Probably for that same reason, though.

Timeline seems to be shooting starts, this guy finds a cop and turns his gun in, goes home, hears that he's being sought for questioning, and then turns himself into police. He did everything exactly how he should.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Bryter posted:

You sure are keen for a race war for someone who claims to prioritise mitigating black people's fears of being shot for being black.

You say that as if there hasn't been a race war on black lives for 400 years. You just don't like it when the rabbit has the gun.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Kobayashi posted:

This is awful and it all feels so hopeless. Yesterday in my exasperatation I couldn't help but fantasize about some vigilante justice being done against the cops who keep murdering black people and now here we are with dead cops and it feels awful. I feel complicit in the racism that lets these kinds of shootings keep happening and guilty and stupid for wishing that something like tonight would happen and frustrated and powerless to do anything meaningful. Worst of all, I can't help but realize that my "worst of all" can't even begin to compare to what black people must internalize and deal with every day. I wish I knew how to channel all of this into something useful.

You aren't a bad person for having those thoughts.

In fact it's the opposite. Having those thoughts, not acting on them, and rejecting them are signs that you are a good and normal person.

Go to a BLM rally. Try to convince your town/city to adopt body cams for police officers.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

McAlister posted:

Soooo I was a network administrator for the NPS in college when 9-11 happened. Homeland security did some bullshit trying to see how easy to penetrate various federal networks were.

I say "bullshit" because one of their social engineering ploys was to set up a pushcart in my atrium with a sign saying you could have a freshly baked cookie for a login and password.

I'm not kidding. They seriously did this. I was not permitted to eject them or interfere.

50% of my ~200 users got a cookie.

10% of the credentials they gave worked.

So about 5% of my users gave away their honest to god login for a cookie.

I can only explain this by saying they saw other people doing it so it must be ok and weren't smart enough to realize everyone else was lying.

Their punishment was to attend a remedial security course that I had to teach. I in my early twenties going over simplistic obvious information to them in their 40's and 50's. It was very awkward. Nobody went to jail or lost their jobs.

I'm actually not sure 5% is a bad mark for the 2001/2002 time period

Throwing Turtles
May 3, 2015

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I mean I'm glad this particular incident ended as peacefully and as nicely as it did but god drat if there isn't some sad unstated subtext here.

A good guy with a gun was on scene at a mass shooting, his first action was to give the gun to the cops. There's probably a lesson here.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

So that's a vote for a Nation of Islam splinter group then.

I'd figure groups like that are more about terrorizing their own members/interests than trying to grab headlines.

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

bango skank posted:

You really are the worst, you know that?

i mean this event is the logical conclusion (or maybe just an extension?) of BLMs gently caress everyone else philosophy, at least they didn't set anything on fire this time. and all over a dude who was literally on camera fighting the cops with a gun immediately at hand.

really, are there any BLM events that don't devolve into shitshows?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

gfsincere posted:

You say that as if there hasn't been a race war on black lives for 400 years. You just don't like it when the rabbit has the gun.

U should stop talking dumb rahowa poo poo and get an ounce of an inkling of how the stupid future u want would turn out.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

semper wifi posted:

i mean this event is the logical conclusion (or maybe just an extension?) of BLMs gently caress everyone else philosophy, at least they didn't set anything on fire this time. and all over a dude who was literally on camera fighting the cops with a gun immediately at hand.

because it didn't take the first time :vd:

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

semper wifi posted:

Yes, there are.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

U should stop talking dumb rahowa poo poo and get an ounce of an inkling of how the stupid future u want would turn out.

Would that future look something like this?

[url=]https://twitter.com/2tanks_dre/status/751294232866852864[/url]

Go gently caress yourself.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

gfsincere posted:

The rabbit doesn't have the gun, you idiot.

What you're agitating for isn't a race war. It would be a race slaughter. How can you possibly not get that? You cannot overwhelm the local & state authorities with violence: they will not stop killing you just because you choose to legitimize their ridiculous fear of you.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

May be nothing
https://twitter.com/HaggertyCBS11/status/751296155066077188

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I'd figure groups like that are more about terrorizing their own members/interests than trying to grab headlines.

I don't think it's likely, I just like pointing out how crazy NoI philosophy is (was? They may have shifted closer to mainstream).

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

semper wifi posted:

Yes, plenty. The rallies in Minnesota for a black man killed despite doing everything "right" have been without incident.

So, you know, gently caress off.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Throwing Turtles posted:

A good guy with a gun was on scene at a mass shooting, his first action was to give the gun to the cops. There's probably a lesson here.

He is black. It's the smart thing to do.

There was another piece of throwaway video where they showed people running away. A black man was running away from the scene through a police line. A black man running saw the police and made sure to put his hands up as he ran through.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Stereotype posted:

Yeah they are throwing blame everywhere because again, some random guys with assault rifles just killed a ton of cops very easily.

People are always loving confused.

Killing people isn't hard. We're fairly fragile.

Getting away with it is hard, but if you don't care about that...

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

WHOOPS posted:

Yes, plenty. The rallies in Minnesota for a black man killed despite doing everything "right" have been without incident.

Don't respond to Swifi.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

May be nothing
I don't think it's likely, I just like pointing out how crazy NoI philosophy is (was? They may have shifted closer to mainstream).

Yeah they're fuckers, but they're "just" a cult.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat

Voyager I posted:

Don't respond to Swifi.

His title change was $10 well-spent

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

mdemone posted:

The rabbit doesn't have the gun, you idiot.

What you're agitating for isn't a race war. It would be a race slaughter. How can you possibly not get that? You cannot overwhelm the local & state authorities with violence: they will not stop killing you just because you choose to legitimize their ridiculous fear of you.

Lol you think less than 500k cops nationwide will slaughter 42 million people? Nope. If you thought Brexit was bad, something like that would destroy the US. Literally too many things that society relies on to function is on the back of underpaid black people.

And if white people cant see the difference between going after racist cops and going after white people, that kinda speaks to the fact that the police are agents first and foremost agents of white supremacy, and that finally striking back against them IS the moral thing to do.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Anyone who thinks a domestic insurrection against the US government would succeed in 2016 without pretty much the entire military defecting including the upper brass doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Tighten the... circumference.

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

JonathonSpectre posted:

I wonder if we're going to hear about how the cops smoked weed and had weapons on them so this is regrettable but perfectly fine.

Well it looks like multiple white fascists killing cops because said cops were actually doing their jobs, so...

Either way, this is the loving Carpenter's Cup of mass shootings, so we're going to see the Very Serious People contort themselves in interesting ways. Maybe the Dallas Police Department will erase the stain and do honor to themselves.

Right now MSNBC is trying to make it clear that this isn't their fault while also repeatedly bringing up their fear that it's rogue blm doing it.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

semper wifi posted:

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007

WHOOPS posted:

even i'm giong with ftp on that one so the protesters there were probably of a higher quality, or there were less of them

gfsincere posted:

Would that future look something like this?

[url=]https://twitter.com/2tanks_dre/status/751294232866852864[/url]

Go gently caress yourself.

yeah i agree rahowa now gas the whites anything is preferable to slightly questionable arrests

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ErichZahn posted:

Well it looks like multiple white fascists killing cops because said cops were actually doing their jobs, so...

Where is this being said?

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Anyone who thinks a domestic insurrection against the US government would succeed in 2016 without pretty much the entire military defecting including the upper brass doesn't know what the gently caress they're talking about.

:agreed:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

gfsincere posted:

No, I say that as if I had relatives killed in the conflict you're apparently eager to emulate.

Scaling the victims of the troubles to America's population would leave a total of around 600000 dead were the conflict to be replicated on your shores. Assuming that the number black people killed in the violence is proportional to the black population overall (which is rather optimistic I feel), that's 65000 dead black people. If there is absolutely no reduction at all in the rate of unarmed black men being shot by cops in the USA, it would take 650 years for the black lives saved by your campaign to outweigh the black victims of your "solution".

So yeah, when you say "look at what the IRA accomplished", you sound more like an angry young man than someone with any particular concern for anyone's life.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

gfsincere posted:

Just stopped by the thread for a sec and, yep, the guy with the Iron Man av is toughguying it up and essentially advocating for continued violence, keep doing you bud

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ErichZahn posted:

Either way, this is the loving Carpenter's Cup of mass shootings, so we're going to see the Very Serious People contort themselves in interesting ways. Maybe the Dallas Police Department will erase the stain and do honor to themselves.

Right now MSNBC is trying to make it clear that this isn't their fault while also repeatedly bringing up their fear that it's rogue blm doing it.

This post right here is why this is all poo poo. All over poo poo.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If this was previously planned by a group waiting for a protest for cover it's weirdly close to what happened in Benghazi

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Yeah they're fuckers, but they're "just" a cult.

That offputting devotion does actually seem to help them keep crowds disciplined when they attend protests.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
CNN is still saying gunfire and negotiations (which, I'm guessing if gunfire is involved - the negotiations aren't going that well) are being exchanged at the parking garage?

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Two posters have shown up who are eager for a race war, one on each side. They are ignoring each other to argue with the people who don't want a race war. How loving stupid is that.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

semper wifi posted:

No, it's more the logical conclusion of the police murdering black people with impunity and never facing any repercussions over it. I don't know how much of a poo poo eating mongoloid you have to be to blame one reaction to oppression on another reaction to that same oppression instead of the initial cause but then again having the most reprehensible opinions on every subject is kind of your gimmick, isnt it?

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

If this was previously planned by a group waiting for a protest for cover it's weirdly close to what happened in Benghazi

I knew Hillary had something to do with this.

e: sorry, Lyin' Crooked Hillary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Has Trump said anything dumb yet? If not, this has got to be a record.

• Locked thread