Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Hopefully protesting CNN's shittiness and demanding Zucker's resignation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who is protesting what here?

It's a BLM or at least BLM-affiliated protest trying to move onto the main north-south freeway that runs through the middle of Atlanta.

Here's a livestream:
http://www.wsbtv.com/live-stream

edit: yeah I don't know what specifically is happening at CNN

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

CNN is protesting how badly they were treated at the White House Correspondents dinner.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think it's CNN.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
BREAKING NEWS: Wolf Blitzer is reporting that Wolf Blitzer is being detained by the police.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Von Sloneker posted:

Grabbed this from a random twitterer but here's Atlanta at the moment:

edit also:

I generally think that property damage during a protest is a bad thing but I can make an exception for CNN.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Has anybody posted about the trans bill in MA passing yet?

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...lflow%3Atwitter

:toot:

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

BREAKING NEWS: Wolf Blitzer is reporting that Wolf Blitzer is being detained by the police.

Wolf Blitzer is reporting that we're getting preliminary reports that people are saying that Wolf Blitzer could be have been taken into custody, possibly by the police.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It is possible it has something to do with the black man found hanging from a tree in Atlanta last night, but the police have currently ruled that a suicide.

Pixelboy
Sep 13, 2005

Now, I know what you're thinking...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The people of the United States finally asking CNN to get rid of Don "maybe it was a black hole" Lemmon.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

It's weird that I actually think I want CNN wrecked more than Fox News, it's almost as if malicious ignorance is a bigger problem than .... you know what nah.

Destroy all cable news.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

RuanGacho posted:

It's weird that I actually think I want CNN wrecked more than Fox News, it's almost as if malicious ignorance is a bigger problem than .... you know what nah.

Destroy all cable news.

FNC is lovely but it's honest about what it is. I respect that, even if I want to see them plowed under.

CNN is actively the worst and has been since at least Iraq 2.0. Paying a Trump operative half a million a year even tho he's still under an NDA and non-disparaging agreement with one of the candidates he'd be covering is no surprise at all

It's pretty much all been downhill since Turner took the Braves off TBS

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Epic High Five posted:

FNC is lovely but it's honest about what it is. I respect that, even if I want to see them plowed under.

CNN is actively the worst and has been since at least Iraq 2.0. Paying a Trump operative half a million a year even tho he's still under an NDA and non-disparaging agreement with one of the candidates he'd be covering is no surprise at all

CNN International was pretty decent last time (2012) I watched it.
If domestic cable news is poo poo, blame the audience.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Epic High Five posted:

FNC keeps crowing about being "accurate" or "fair and balanced," but yeah, everybody aside from deeply deluded conservatives knows those are lies and it's all propaganda.

CNN, on the other hand, plays innocent harder even though it is becoming almost as bad so I can see wanting them to go under more just to make their awfulness known.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Sephyr posted:

I remember reading a long article ages ago about how only around 30% of the US troops would actually fire at a visible enemy soldier in WW2; other would fire wildly somewhere else, just pretend to shoot, or freeze and seek cover and just survive. Apparently, they focused training after that not on hitting targets and such but on working reflexes and aggression to get that rate up, to make identification/reaction instinctual and overcome people's natural reluctance to kill someone they can see moving, talking and generally being alive.

Can't remember the source and it might be bullshit, but it was a thing.

I can't remember the exact numbers, but this is generally correct. They switched to silhouette targets after WW2 to make shooting at human shaped things more reflexive.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The best part is that CNN has been giving Trump a sloppy one since day 1 of the primaries, trying to use him to steal viewers from FNC that weren't happy with how negatively they were covering Trump at times, yet CNN is ALWAYS the first network that Trump attacks, and the one he always attacks the hardest. Of course he doesn't respect them, they're totally craven and will just love him no matter what he does, making them the safest target

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I think everyone knows CNN is scummy garbage, they're the whipping boy of more than just trump

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I received a letter today from the Office of Personal Management that my name, Social Security number, fingerprints, address, date and place of birth, residency, educational, and employment history, personal foreign travel history, information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances, and other information used to conduct and adjudicate my background investigation were stolen during a malicious cyber intrusion.

Thankfully the Republicans are on the case when it comes to these types of things.

Right? :v:

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Thanks, this was super interesting.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Geostomp posted:

He still had to include the "normal, white American" part as some residual racism, but it's a start.

The wording made me wince too but I don't think that's what he was saying. "Normal" is modifying "white," not "American. A normal white person in America is oblivious to the things he's talking about as he himself was. You have to make a special effort as a white person to understand the black experience.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

I received a letter today from the Office of Personal Management that my name, Social Security number, fingerprints, address, date and place of birth, residency, educational, and employment history, personal foreign travel history, information about immediate family as well as business and personal acquaintances, and other information used to conduct and adjudicate my background investigation were stolen during a malicious cyber intrusion.

Thankfully the Republicans are on the case when it comes to these types of things.

Right? :v:

New breach or one of the older ones?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Geostomp posted:

CNN, on the other hand, plays innocent harder even though it is becoming almost as bad so I can see wanting them to go under more just to make their awfulness known.

CNN gets that sweet, sweet airport and lobby money.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
Check his poo poo out:
https://twitter.com/JoshhTerry/status/751587316905500672

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Only one man can protect America from so much abject evil, so much hate...

Jeb!!!

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

exploding mummy posted:

New breach or one of the older ones?

Must have been an older one.

As the letter is a duplicate that notes the first one failed to reach me. Probably due to the fact I moved a few months ago.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

OhFunny posted:

Must have been an older one.

As the letter is a duplicate that notes the first one failed to reach me. Probably due to the fact I moved a few months ago.

In that case, yes the house Republicans have an active investigation into the breaches.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

exploding mummy posted:

In that case, yes the house Republicans have an active investigation into the breaches.
That's good to know.

Although I get the sense that government IT is going to remain hilariously insecure.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

thug rapper kanye west

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Ah yes, I remember quite well the non-stop shower of cash that President Bush and congress gave to the black people of New Orleans.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Kanye West. Thug rapper. Kanye. West. Thug. Rapper. Kanye. Thug. In what possible way is Kanye a thug? He doesn't project that image at all, the only way you'd think that is if you were a racist... Oh...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
In other horrible "news" this week, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has just put out an exposé on doctors who get away with sexually abusing their patients.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CNN deserves whatever vandalism they incur.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Man I hope they burn down CNN.

Edit: I do, but they probably shouldn't.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Nonsense posted:

CNN deserves whatever vandalism they incur.

the CNN center in Atlanta is just one MARTA stop away from Five Points, which is the conversion point of all 2.5 metro rail lines in the city. combined with the fact it's ostensibly a news headquarters, it makes for a logical and convenient meeting place.

I doubt anyone was actively protesting CNN.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

:wow:

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Xae posted:

Wolf Blitzer is reporting that we're getting preliminary reports that people are saying that Wolf Blitzer could be have been taken into custody, possibly by the police.

soo poor, soo black

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx
The Atlanta March was organized by the NAACP and various BLM groups. It's reportedly been very peaceful throughout the night and there's no indication there's going to be any sort of mass arrests by the police. I'm proud of my city tonight :unsmith:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dubstep Jesus posted:

The Atlanta March was organized by the NAACP and various BLM groups. It's reportedly been very peaceful throughout the night and there's no indication there's going to be any sort of mass arrests by the police. I'm proud of my city tonight :unsmith:

lumpen proletariat :argh:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Ha reporting like "it's unclear why they're protesting CNN"

Like does anybody need a specific reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

haha

WARSAW — President Obama will cut short his four-day trip to Europe and instead return to Washington following the shooting deaths of five police officers in Dallas on Thursday, the White House said.
Instead, Obama will travel to Dallas early next week at the invitation of Mayor Mike Rawlings, and devote most of his week to addressing the racial and policing issues raised by the events of the past few days, said White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2016/07/08/obama-dallas-police-shootings-were-vicious-calculated-and-despicable/86842484/

• Locked thread