Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

jubelio posted:

Ask us about our time played.

pls dont ask about our money paid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I've still a newbie who has only been playing a bit over a week, and I have two guys who have cleared cosmic trial. My starter was nightcrawler, who, in retrospect, was a bad choice. I bought ghost rider with cakes, and his damnation build seems kind of bullshit strong compared to anything nightcrawler can do. Once I had a set of 63 class uniques I cleared the trial pretty easily.

With shards I've randomed doom and iron fist. Doom I also cleared the trial with fairly easily. I am probably close to doing it with iron fist, using twin styles, but his AoE is kind of lovely compared to ghost rider's flame bullshit. He is more fun to play though.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jul 11, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Filthy Monkey posted:

I've only been playing a bit over a week, and am still pretty much a newbie, and I have two guys who have cleared cosmic trial. My starter was nightcrawler, who, in retrospect, was a bad choice. I bought ghost rider with cakes, and his damnation build seems kind of bullshit strong compared to anything nightcrawler can do. Once I had a set of 63 class uniques I cleared the trial pretty easily.

With shards I've randomed doom and iron fist. Doom I also cleared the trial with fairly easily. I am probably close to doing it with iron fist, using twin styles, but his AoE is kind of lovely compared to ghost rider's flame bullshit. He is more fun to play though.

Surprisingly accurate perspective.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Almost time to make a credit chest. Gotta keep at least one.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I'd like an octobot one day. That'd be real nice.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hobold posted:

Its kinda terrifying. You guys talking about hundred of runs of a single terminal, and I've yet to clear the Cosmic Trial on any of the 5 guys I've got at 60.
Running terminals is just a case of mashing your teleport until the boss and blowing them up. Well, with the exception of Ultron and Kl'rt because they are For Serious Players™ and therefore need to be gated by bullshit. Once you get a rhythm you can probably farm Dr Grabby Hands like 3 times a minute while watching tv.

Cosmic Trial you have to do poo poo like think about gear level and pay attention to death zones.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

Running terminals is just a case of mashing your teleport until the boss and blowing them up. Well, with the exception of Ultron and Kl'rt because they are For Serious Players™ and therefore need to be gated by bullshit. Once you get a rhythm you can probably farm Dr Grabby Hands like 3 times a minute while watching tv.

Cosmic Trial you have to do poo poo like think about gear level and pay attention to death zones.

I loving hate the Ultron terminal. The Iron Legionnaires, okay sure. Mass of blue/yellow adds, okay fine. Both at once? Go gently caress yourself, I'm gonna sit over here and respawn and die over and over while I pick poo poo off.

I tried CT on my main, IM 4-5 times, and kept timing out on phase one thanks to the drat hulkbusters. I've not tried it on WM who feels much more punchy. Hulk I don't like enough to jack with it. Rocket is meh, not really digging the whole summoner thing. Cap America I enjoy but not sure if I want to bother.

I blasted all my genosha and bought the slot 1 upgrades to 66 and 69. All I've got the coms for so far.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

It's true, I do prefer WM to IM.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Lozareth posted:

Almost time to make a credit chest. Gotta keep at least one.
That's me last day of the anniversary. Had to make room and three leftovers will have to do.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hobold posted:

I loving hate the Ultron terminal. The Iron Legionnaires, okay sure. Mass of blue/yellow adds, okay fine. Both at once? Go gently caress yourself, I'm gonna sit over here and respawn and die over and over while I pick poo poo off.
It's really just the second ones simply because you have no room to maneuver on the wave of adds which means you pull the minibosses and then you have even less room to maneuver due to death zones. The first one there's plenty of room to fight, and the third one you can wipe the adds before starting on the Legionnaires. They should swap one of the Legionnaires out to the first group so that at least in the second you're not trying to avoid being slowed and fighting a horde of guys and dodging aoes in a goddamn closet.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Ghostlight posted:

It's really just the second ones simply because you have no room to maneuver on the wave of adds which means you pull the minibosses and then you have even less room to maneuver due to death zones. The first one there's plenty of room to fight, and the third one you can wipe the adds before starting on the Legionnaires. They should swap one of the Legionnaires out to the first group so that at least in the second you're not trying to avoid being slowed and fighting a horde of guys and dodging aoes in a goddamn closet.

I've figured out how to clear the adds out an pull the legionnaires individually on both of the paired fights. It helps but I still loving hate fighting them. Number 4 is the biggest dick out of the bunch.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hobold posted:

I tried CT on my main, IM 4-5 times, and kept timing out on phase one thanks to the drat hulkbusters. I've not tried it on WM who feels much more punchy. Hulk I don't like enough to jack with it. Rocket is meh, not really digging the whole summoner thing. Cap America I enjoy but not sure if I want to bother.

I blasted all my genosha and bought the slot 1 upgrades to 66 and 69. All I've got the coms for so far.

I've done CT with something like 20 characters and IM was one of the hardest. Maybe my build just sucks (missiles!) but he seems to be on the weaker end of the scale.

Hobold posted:

I've figured out how to clear the adds out an pull the legionnaires individually on both of the paired fights. It helps but I still loving hate fighting them. Number 4 is the biggest dick out of the bunch.

I just hate how they seem to have like a 40% chance of having cosmic bulwark. If the melee one has it he ends being literally invincible for 50% of the fight.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

The Moon Monster posted:

I've done CT with something like 20 characters and IM was one of the hardest. Maybe my build just sucks (missiles!) but he seems to be on the weaker end of the scale.

All Int, semi summon Iron Man had no problem.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Did they nerf the Cosmic Trial over the past 6-9 months? I took a break around 9 months ago and was struggling with a few characters in the Cosmic trial, had gotten Jean Grey and Spidey through back then but had issues with War Machine and Ms Marvel. Was able to easily pass on both of them without any significant changes in gear over the past week. Seems like Red Skull damage is a lot lower now than it was back then, I would randomly get one shot against Red Skull before but felt I could tank most of his damage now. Was he nerfed or was it just changes due to the defensive adjustments?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
is game good yet?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Sion posted:

is game good yet?

There is a secret unlock 'Good Mode' once you cosmic every released character.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

The Moon Monster posted:

Missile build for the win. Though I've diversified and picked up Unibeam to go with One Off. I could probably put those points back into missiles but I'm really just screwing around after running IM straight up to red 60 from 1, and as my first character.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Fried Sushi posted:

Did they nerf the Cosmic Trial over the past 6-9 months? I took a break around 9 months ago and was struggling with a few characters in the Cosmic trial, had gotten Jean Grey and Spidey through back then but had issues with War Machine and Ms Marvel. Was able to easily pass on both of them without any significant changes in gear over the past week. Seems like Red Skull damage is a lot lower now than it was back then, I would randomly get one shot against Red Skull before but felt I could tank most of his damage now. Was he nerfed or was it just changes due to the defensive adjustments?

They did a big defense rework several months ago that made a lot of characters more survivable.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

quote:

Today's Monday update is deferred until tomorrow. A very short version is that this week is focused on changes to DCL, bugs, and gifting. I'll be travelling to the office today - see you tomorrow!

they've moved offices so many times they are now located in another state from where Ryolnir is

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

punchymcpunch posted:

I'd like an octobot one day. That'd be real nice.

They most definitely have monkeyed with the octobot drop rate because the only one I ever got in my 4k+ hours was from a blue box, and since last week's update I've gotten two with absolutely no boosts running. And all I've been doing is occasionally grinding cosmic times square and doom castle for stupid cheeves so they weren't even from Doc Ock.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Sion posted:

is game good yet?

Yup, last patch fixed it. Turns out C++ by default leaves the game_bad flag enabled.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Midnightghoul posted:

they've moved offices so many times they are now located in another state from where Ryolnir is

in reality nobody actually told him where the new offices are and he's just faking it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Gazillion office moves depending on the tileset, you idiots.

Edit: That's a reference from the game, for Sion and Vapors.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 11, 2016

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Pictured above, Gazillion staff work diligently in their headquarters on the next big patch for hit game Marvel Heroes 2016.

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012
No wonder he's sick all the time living in that place.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Aphrodite posted:

The Gazillion office moves depending on the tileset, you idiots.

Edit: That's a reference from the game, for Sion and Vapors.

well played

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Pictured above, Gazillion staff work diligently in their headquarters on the next big patch for hit game Marvel Heroes 2016.

FYI, this is also used as Studio 69 in the evening hours. Sometimes DJ Michael Mayhew gets on the 1s and 2s.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That room is untidy (imo).

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

punchymcpunch posted:

That room is untidy (imo).

Where else would YOU put a water heater?

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Ryolnir would have a 6 string poser banjo.

Kuhmondo
Jul 2, 2009
Is this how you guys calculate your TTK and TTE?!?!

http://i.imgur.com/HK4BEgD.gifv

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Nah I usually gnaw on the red ones first, save the blue ones for checking my math.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Hobold posted:

unfortunately all those heroes you listed are bottom of the marvel heroes hotdog barrel, only capable of clearing the trial with higher omegas and gear

do what the other new players do and grab one of the OP heroes that can pass it in leveling gear

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Kuhmondo posted:

Is this how you guys calculate your TTK and TTE?!?!

http://i.imgur.com/HK4BEgD.gifv

Is that Doomsaw? Is he looking at the spreadsheets?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

If you pretend that's a keyboard, optimal Dr Strange play

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

RyolnirRyolnir GazillionAvengers Infinite MansionPosts: 7,873 Staff
2:16PM in General Discussion
Hey all,

Sorry for the delayed update while I was traveling this week!

This week we're focused on getting Miles Morales out to the live servers as well as bug fixes and some server maintenance.

Next week (and later this week), we'll be focused purely on Test Center for Dynamic Combat Level. We're making a number of changes to that system which we'll detail soon. We're also working on the Kamala Khan Team-Up who is shaping out to be quite ridiculous (no pun intended).

In the next few weeks you can also expect to see a revamped and redesigned Avengers Tower, with some Chapter 1 improvements further down the line (continuing the new experience found in The Raft).

So patch this week for Miles. No patch next week. Patch at end of the month ideally for DCL.

Have a great rest of the week!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

have they said who the next hero from the advance pack is going to be?

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

unfortunately all those heroes you listed are bottom of the marvel heroes hotdog barrel, only capable of clearing the trial with higher omegas and gear

do what the other new players do and grab one of the OP heroes that can pass it in leveling gear

I'm working on Wanda now. Her dot tree, (can't remember the name,) is moderately entertaining. I'm told shes one of the top 5? Jean is next unless I punt her a second time. After that I've got Marvel, Blade, and X-23.

E; Disruption. I logged in to look at my available heroes, but forgot to look at the tree name. Idiot.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

quote:

In the next few weeks you can also expect to see a revamped and redesigned Avengers Tower, with some Chapter 1 improvements further down the line (continuing the new experience found in The Raft).
Sweet, we might see the return of Holosim having a useful niche as Chapter 1 becomes a bloated mess of unskippable cutscenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I've been out of the game for a while are they really changing story mode finally

• Locked thread