Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

TG-Chrono posted:

Corey Wagner sleeps in an oxygen tent which he believes gives him sexual powers!

wont somebody think of the children!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

snaeksikn posted:

wont somebody think of the children!

All the children Corey Wagner is going to have due to increased sexual potency?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
A good article about some of the inscrutable language of footy.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/finally-someone-to-translate-australian-rules-football-1468337044?mod=e2tw

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

What I get from that article is that "stay ball" sounds like "arse" in Mandarin.

Which amuses me no end.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

i am seriously tempted to tip the dons to beat the tigers this week

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I am beginning to think Buckley might scrape by and survive another year. Hardwick probably wont. His much laughed at contract extension is apparently heavily performance based, and includes clauses for games won, making the 8, etc.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahbabahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahha $1500 fine that'll make Collingwood think twice before cheating again I'll bet

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
How can we expect the Pies to stay financially viable if they have to pay both the equalisation tax and this obscene fine?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Whitecross is getting another chance :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The useless shitsticks at AFL house are strongly considering making the round 23 Adelaide v West Coast game a Monday night fixture, for no particular reason. Adelaide absolutely doesn't want it, because it'll ruin the traditional member's appreciation round, and deplete the gate, but it seems like they've already been told it's happening.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

The useless shitsticks at AFL house are strongly considering making the round 23 Adelaide v West Coast game a Monday night fixture, for no particular reason. Adelaide absolutely doesn't want it, because it'll ruin the traditional member's appreciation round, and deplete the gate, but it seems like they've already been told it's happening.

sounds good to me, nothing else on tv that night

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!
I don't mind Thursday night football, but can't stand Monday night football. Stop it, AFL, just stop it.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/builder-arrested-over-2m-arson-attack-on-dane-swans-albion-hotel-20160713-gq4kf3.html

So, patsy or legit?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's a shocking excuse "I accidentally burned down the whole building cos i needed a 2 week extension on the schedule and didn't want to ask the owners for it"

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I've given up on the Junk Time and 2 Guys 1 Cup podcasts, I haven't been able to get past the first 10mins of pure garbage on the last few eps. I'm glad Titus and Paradise are doing two eps a week now.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Spedman posted:

I've given up on the Junk Time and 2 Guys 1 Cup podcasts, I haven't been able to get past the first 10mins of pure garbage on the last few eps. I'm glad Titus and Paradise are doing two eps a week now.

see I find titus and paradise to be the most base level obvious poo poo jokes I've heard, like my paisley wearing uncle riffing at trivia nights awkward and unfunny

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009
The Superfooty podcast is the one thing the Hun does right.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

TG-Chrono posted:

see I find titus and paradise to be the most base level obvious poo poo jokes I've heard, like my paisley wearing uncle riffing at trivia nights awkward and unfunny

Agreed. Titus O'Reilly is only good in tweet form imo. I'm really frustrated that my own footy podcast fell apart because there's a real hole in the market. I never liked that Two Guys One Cup pod, each ep was way too long.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

TG-Chrono posted:

I do like it for something to switch my brain off to, and they just talk about stuff that's happened in the sporting news, rather than the bullshit talking about themselves drivel JT and 2G1C go on and on with. I nearly threw my phone on the road after listening to Michael Chambelin do his awful Boston accent and laugh at how funny it was. Deleted the whole podcast out of Overcast after that.

But I'd drop TaP in a heartbeat if I could get Mondayitis back :(

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

glasnost toyboy posted:

The Superfooty podcast is the one thing the Hun does right.

mick warner and sam edmunds are obnoxious turds

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

mick warner and sam edmunds are obnoxious turds

They are, but at least they talk about the footy and Huddo keeps it on track.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Footy fans were so daggy.
http://www.islandcontinent.com.au/rennie-ellis-at-the-footy/

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Forum Joe posted:

I don't mind Thursday night football, but can't stand Monday night football. Stop it, AFL, just stop it.

See I hate Thursday night footy as AFL Fantasy locks you out when the first game starts but every other team doesn't name their list until Thursday night as usual.

Are any of my team playing this weekend? I don't know!

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I think Australian's were (are) so daggy, awesome photos.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
season_2016.jpg

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Hey man, thats a nice hat.

FOR A CLOWN TO WEAR

TO THE CIRCUS IDIOT

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I miss the old days where the diehard fan had a duffel coat with badges all over it showing players or logos/emblems for the team, bonus if the players on the badges are not longer playing.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
lmao

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/play-school-celebrity-covers/CH1562H001S00#playing

Breaking News: Noted sook, stager, flog, and hate-monger steals the job of a white man and proceeds to terrify children on television with eerily accurate impressions of fearsome indigenous beasts.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I like the one of the sole north supporter in the crowd going :shrug:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
It completely slipped my mind that there was a game tonight, let alone this one.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Because thursday night football is bad

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
Thursday footy owns.

Makes it feel like the weekend is starting early.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Hodge just dishing out a solid good bloking there

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Hawthorn are still the worst

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bigis posted:

Thursday footy owns.

Makes it feel like the weekend is starting early.

Except it isn't, and everyone who isn't a victim of the government has to get up and go to work or school tomorrow.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I'm surprised Luke Darcy can talk so eloquently with Hawthorn's collective penis in his mouth

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
That was a cracking mark from Rioli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Whitecross has looked great. O'Rourke has done some nice things too. Decent first half result at this shithole of a ground.

• Locked thread