Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Princess Di posted:

Nope I get it. It's because there is no need to fear worse circumstances for other people. If Trump comes into office while you are already financially comfortable and safe from minority status, all you will hear is the screams outside your window, while you are safe inside.

It doesn't matter to everyone if immigrants are mass deported, or if all the projects are shut down, or government assistance for housing for the homeless dwindles then disappears. I'm aware it doesn't matter to everyone, that is the heart of the problem. A lot of people can drink a cold glass of water while watching other people get set on fire.

Not me, so my political affiliation remains: Never Trump.

*arms a bunch of non-state actors, buries head in sand when the war crimes start rolling in*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
Hail Kurdistan

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

The Human Crouton posted:

I wasn't aware of Trump's plan to shut down all government assistance for poor people. Sneaky guy; getting that past me.

George W. Bush Jr. acting as a puppet for the Republican Party has already accelerated this process.

Make no mistake, Trump is a shill and a prospective puppet also, it won't take take long to complete the process with him in power. Trump has no idea how to lead in public office since you would need some knowledge of how foreign policy works, how the economy works, how the government works etc.

In short, he would have to have some idea how to run a country in order to avoid becoming a republican controlled puppet. However, since he has no such experience, knowledge, preparation or even a vague grasp of what it takes to be a good president, he will do what most republican figureheads in office tend to do.

He will cut government spending on social programs, embark on new useless wars that generate profits for military arms production, and he will contribute to the continuing development of a militaristic racist conservative police state. If some of us don't realize this, it's because they weren't paying attention during the Reagan and later the Bush Jr. administration. On the other hand, perhaps they weren't struggling during those periods so they never felt the costs of a government that is nearly completely apathetic to the welfare of its most disadvantaged citizens.

Many of the measures instituted with FDR's New Deal and LBJ's War on Poverty have been slowly getting peeled back with each successive Republican presidency. If some of you haven't been noticing this, I seriously can't see how that is.

Willful ignorance however, can always be the case.

Princess Di has issued a correction as of 00:05 on Jul 13, 2016

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Princess Di posted:

George W. Bush Jr. acting as a puppet for the Republican Party already already accelerated this process.

Make no mistake, Trump is a shill and a prospective puppet also, it won't take take long to complete the process with him in power. Trump has no idea how to lead in public office since you would need some knowledge of how foreign policy works, how the economy works, how the government works etc.

In short, he would have to have some idea how to run a country in order to avoid becoming a republican controlled puppet. However, since he has no such experience, knowledge, preparation or even a vague grasp of what it takes to be a good president, he will do what most republican figureheads in office tend to do.

He will cut government spending on social programs, embark on new useless wars that generate profits for military arms production, and he will contribute to the continuing development of a militaristic racist conservative police state. If some of us don't realize this, it's because they weren't paying attention during the Reagan and later the Bush Jr. administration. On the other hand, perhaps they weren't struggling during those periods so they never felt the costs of a government that is nearly completely apathetic to the welfare of its most disadvantaged citizens.

Many of the measures instituted with FDR's New Deal and LBJ's War on Poverty have been slowly getting peeled back with each successive Republican presidency. If some of you haven't been noticing this, I seriously can't see how that is.

yes yes keep going!!!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
*Openly loathes leftist, expects their unconditional support.*

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Princess Di posted:

George W. Bush Jr. acting as a puppet for the Republican Party has already accelerated this process.

Goddamn I hate democrats. I really hope the Republican Party reinvents itself as something I can support because gently caress!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Al! posted:

Hail Kurdistan

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Powercrazy posted:

Goddamn I hate democrats. I really hope the Republican Party reinvents itself as something I can support because gently caress!

What?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Princess Di posted:

Thanks for reminding me:
*Cuts spending on social programs in favor of "more cost-effective solutions"*
*Opposes war, supports "ongoing peacekeeping missions"*
*Criticizes militarizing the police, supports legislation to militarize the police*

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

MizPiz posted:

Thanks for reminding me:
*Cuts spending on social programs in favor of "more cost-effective solutions"*
*Opposes war, supports "ongoing peacekeeping missions"*
*Criticizes militarizing the police, supports legislation to militarize the police*

*supports using the military as police in other nations*

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

MizPiz posted:

Thanks for reminding me:
*Conservatives support cuts on spending for social programs while veiling their fiscal conservatism by couching it with evasive language by saying they are in favor of "more cost-effective solutions"*
* Conservatives say they oppose war, meanwhile on air conservative pundits maintain support of "ongoing peacekeeping missions" while in the same breath rambling on about Muslim extremists.*
*Conservatives criticize militarizing the police as well as the invasion of privacy by the NSA while supporting legislation to militarize the police in the form of allowing them to carry military grade arms*

Who are you thinking of when you are thinking of democrats, exactly?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Sorry that was ooc.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Powercrazy posted:

You already are a Republican.

Although, if you are a pimple faced kid you are alt-right, and if you're lame you're a libertarian.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Not a Step posted:

*supports using the military as police in other nations*

Nope. Yet again, you are talking about conservatives.

People voted for Obama in no small part because of the hope he would close Guantanamo, end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and stop with the mealy mouthed claims that armies need to stay in these countries in order to help citizens rebuild.

Of course, as we know now this didn't happen.

Because: blowhard bribed somewhat unhinged conservatives.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Princess Di posted:

Who are you thinking of when you are thinking of democrats, exactly?

Obama, Clinton (both Bill and Hillary), Emmanuel, Schumer, Pelosi, Reid. You know, the ones who have supported those types of legislation.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

MizPiz posted:

Obama, Clinton (both Bill and Hillary), Emmanuel, Schumer, Pelosi, Reid. You know, the ones who have supported those types of legislation.

But:

Ted Cruz
Lindsay Graham
Paul Ryan
Marco Rubio
The cast of the muppets that ran this election cycle etc.

Like the entire Republican Party platform is dog vomit, are we really going to say that the party has not historically supported the views of war mongering racists since the 60's?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Princess Di posted:

You already are a Republican.

Although, if you are a pimple faced kid you are alt-right, and if you're lame you're a libertarian.

Sorry I still posses critical thought and don't immediately assume an ignorant binary position on all issues, you racist.

Again: ooc.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Princess Di posted:

This post is why the two party system is a dangerous thing.

Notice how the subject projects and envelopes all of its disapproval onto one target. It is the nature of the human, as a communal beast, to want to justify itself in all things, as it believes that if it convinces itself that it is altruistic then other humans will also see it as altruistic and be more likely to render favor toward it. This misleading of oneself is normally good for the species in long term, but can have dangerous outcomes under certain specific short term conditions. One such behavior is when the human is presented with a binary choice.

When presented with a binary choice, one may simply refuse to accept that its choice is more flawed in any way than the opposite choice because it believes in its mind that the flaws of its choice may carry over onto itself, and therefore make it a more risky member of its social group. It is often easier for a human to encapsulate what are actually a myriad of ideas into one base opinion knowing that they are more likely to find agreement with those in their immediate social group if they each agree to create a common enemy rather than risk learning that they might disagree about any topic of substance.

Expand this behavior onto a larger scale, and one can see that Princess Di is responsible for environment that produced the choices we have in the 2016 election.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah that seems reasonable and sane

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
To clarify, it isn't princess di the poster that is responsible for jack or poo poo, it is the basic mentality of the sheeple that the poster is representative of.

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
*is adamant that Bernie Sanders would have never been able to enact any of his unrealistic far-fetched policies*

*genuinely believes that Trump will successfully carry out mass deportations on a national scale, among other ridiculous and terrible ideas*

*fails to see how retarded he is*

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

Sorry I still posses critical thought and don't immediately assume an ignorant binary position on all issues, you racist.

nah that's pretty in character

you just left off the part where it's why it's okay to support conservative policy when it impacts you personally

like making sure your kids don't have to go to school with any of them thar coloreds, and making sure they're allowed to open carry in the classroom in case one sneaks in

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

Powercrazy posted:

So, when an election rolls around...do you vote at all? Just wondering.

This post is why the two party system is a dangerous thing.

Notice how the subject projects and envelopes all of its disapproval onto one target. It is the nature of the human, as a communal beast, to want to justify itself in all things, as it believes that if it convinces itself that it is altruistic then other humans will also see it as altruistic and be more likely to render favor toward it. This misleading of oneself is normally good for the species in long term, but can have dangerous outcomes under certain specific short term conditions. One such behavior is when the human is presented with a binary choice.

When presented with a binary choice, one may simply refuse to accept that its choice is more flawed in any way than the opposite choice because it believes in its mind that the flaws of its choice may carry over onto itself, and therefore make it a more risky member of its social group. It is often easier for a human to encapsulate what are actually a myriad of ideas into one base opinion knowing that they are more likely to find agreement with those in their immediate social group if they each agree to create a common enemy rather than risk learning that they might disagree about any topic of substance.

Expand this behavior onto a larger scale, and one can see that Princess Di is responsible for environment that produced the choices we have in the 2016 election.

See the thing about only having two choices, is you can only choose one. This requires you to make the least harmful and most beneficial choice for most people.

If you don't make any choice at all, you have done nothing, therefore you are allowing your circumstances to make your decisions for you.

Case in point: you have two job offers and both of them are dismal. You are supporting a family so you have to consider supporting people who can't support themselves so you need health insurance and better pay.

You pick the job that offers more comprehensive health insurance verses the one that doesn't. You will probably choose the position the pays slightly more. Ideally, you would not work at all or only do work you love, in such cases you would be on eternal vacation because you would be independently wealthy. However, you aren't independently wealthy, so you have to make hard choices. You need to pick the option you dislike the least.

Powercrazy posted:

To clarify, it isn't princess di the poster that is responsible for jack or poo poo, it is the basic mentality of the sheeple that the poster is representative of.

:laffo: At you using "sheeple"

By the way, sheep behavior is generally standing around looking at stuff without even attempting an iota of change.

Just saying.

snakeandbake posted:

*is adamant that Bernie Sanders would have never been able to enact any of his unrealistic far-fetched policies*

*genuinely believes that Trump will successfully carry out mass deportations on a national scale, among other ridiculous and terrible ideas*

* pretty sure Trump is retarded which is why he will make a fine puppet for the Republican Party*

*is aware that mass deportations have already occurred in this country on a national scale. What has happened before can happen again.*

*was a Bernie Sanders supporter but like Bernie had to face the music and join team NeverTrump, NoTrump, StopTrump, KeepTrumpOut etc.*

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hey OFFICE SECRETARY did you hear about this Pokemon thing? And the police have to tell people to not play while driving? El oh el, give me a break. At least they are going outside huh?? Haha

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Princess Di posted:

Nope. Yet again, you are talking about conservatives.

People voted for Obama in no small part because of the hope he would close Guantanamo, end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and stop with the mealy mouthed claims that armies need to stay in these countries in order to help citizens rebuild.

Of course, as we know now this didn't happen.

Because: blowhard bribed somewhat unhinged conservatives.

the president of the united states is powerless and should take no responsibility for what unfolds under their administration. gotcha

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Homework Explainer posted:

the president of the united states is powerless and should take no responsibility for what unfolds under their administration. gotcha

That's how it works in corporate America.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Ze Pollack posted:

nah that's pretty in character

you just left off the part where it's why it's okay to support conservative policy when it impacts you personally

like making sure your kids don't have to go to school with any of them thar coloreds, and making sure they're allowed to open carry in the classroom in case one sneaks in

Hardcore projection is a "democrat" trait, agreed.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Princess Di posted:

:laffo: At you using "sheeple"

By the way, sheep behavior is generally standing around looking at stuff without even attempting an iota of change.

Just saying.
i.e. The Status Quo which Hillary represents. :waycool:

Sheeple is a calculated term to trigger people who feel they are correct but don't know why.

Mission Accomplished!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

snakeandbake posted:

So vote for trump?

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Despera posted:

So vote for trump?

vote for hillary but don't be a retard about it i guess???

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

i.e. The Status Quo which Hillary represents. :waycool:

Sheeple is a calculated term to trigger people who feel they are correct but don't know why.

Mission Accomplished!

Thanks Pat

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Palicgofueniczekt posted:

That's how it works in corporate America.

i mean the institutional memory is pretty well ossified and big changes aren't possible by the american system's very nature but it's a bit of an exaggeration to deny all responsibility to the person behind the desk

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Homework Explainer posted:

i mean the institutional memory is pretty well ossified and big changes aren't possible by the american system's very nature but it's a bit of an exaggeration to deny all responsibility to the person behind the desk

"Good" managers have already hosed off to another position by the time their implemented policies have come to fruition ruin. Why should anyone be held accountable?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

snakeandbake posted:

vote for hillary but don't be a retard about it i guess???

Actually, Vote For Trump.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Princess Di posted:

The Democrats are repealing the New Deal as well. Clinton ended welfare and got closer to privatizing it than any Republican, he's on the record as agreeing with Ryan over cuts to social security. Obama spoke at length about the need to cut social security before running for office, and pushed hard as hell for cuts to it only to be blocked by crazy Republicans. Hillary has spoken out against defined benefit programs.

Claiming the Democrats are the party of FDR and the New Deal is as insane and utter bullshit as claiming the Republicans are the party of Lincoln and Civil Rights.

The difference is do want gently caress over everyone regardless of race and sex to help the top 10% and finance/tech/insurance/creative industries? Or do you want to gently caress over minorities and women more to help the top 1% and resource extraction/fast food/service industries? Because if you aren't in that top 10%, you're on the menu for dinner and you are going to get hurt and get hurt good and proper.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
When has Hillary spoken against defined benefit plans? I can find the opposite going back to 2007

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

*Supported Bernie Sanders. Criticized Trump instead of Democratic rival. Loses nomination battle. *

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

*Supported Bernie Sanders. Criticized Trump instead of Democratic rival. Loses nomination battle. *

Complaining equals votes, kthanx

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

so is this all your guys democrat impressions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Princess Di posted:

Complaining equals votes, kthanx

Maybe talking amongst your ideological similars about the actual vote directly before you could have yielded an opportunity to change a Hill vote to a Sanders vote.

Complaining about the Superbowl didn't get you a win in the play-offs did it?

• Locked thread