Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

N is for Nipples posted:

Depending on the bike type, you can even consider big aftermarket tanks. Might be an enduro/dual-sport exclusive thing but they sure are nice.

Tuono with a 7g safari tank or bust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
My FZ-1 only gets about 33mpg.... by far the least of any bike I've owned. Was a huge shock coming from my sv650 and r6.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

rotaryfun posted:

My FZ-1 only gets about 33mpg.... by far the least of any bike I've owned. Was a huge shock coming from my sv650 and r6.

I averaged about 40-45 mpg on my FZ1, though a large portion of that was commuting on it on a 45 mph expressway with very few slowdowns or stops except at either end. My SV650 seems to get about the same mpg, just with over a half gallon less tank capacity.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah I have 20 miles round trip to and from work. And it's all stop lights and traffic so that sucks. Haven't been able to do much riding outside of driving to work.

Yeah my sv650 was getting around 45 doing the same trip.

Whatever, $7 once a week or so for gas is pretty awesome.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

rotaryfun posted:

Yeah I have 20 miles round trip to and from work. And it's all stop lights and traffic so that sucks. Haven't been able to do much riding outside of driving to work.

Yeah my sv650 was getting around 45 doing the same trip.

Whatever, $7 once a week or so for gas is pretty awesome.

My bike does around 32mpg (just converted the values)

Daily commute: 60 miles
Local gas price: $7,23 per gallon (converted liter to gallon and shekels to $US ...)

Monthly gas bill comes to around $320 ...

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My sv gets 45mpg with me not giving a poo poo about gas mileage and in no way riding it in a manner that might conserve gas

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Every time mileage chat comes up I get briefly smug about my bigger numbers (anywhere from 45-66mpg on the zzr600 depending how much I thrash it) until I remember gb gallons are like 20% bigger than american ones.

I think 45us-mpg is about 55imp-mpg? I can't wrap my head around L/100km but I wouldn't mind doing miles per litre, just to keep comparisons easy.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I get 38 mpg on the regular. My buddy who exclusively rides identical bikes (he's on numbers 1 and 4 of 4 over the last few years) can squeeze 60 mpg out, but regularly gets in the low 50s just by scrupulously maintaining the carbs, valves, and all the seals and by riding like an old grandpa.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
My gixxer 1000 gets about 120 mi. before the gas light comes on.

I'm too much of a pansy to push it to see what my max mileage is though :(

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

adary posted:

My bike does around 32mpg (just converted the values)

Daily commute: 60 miles
Local gas price: $7,23 per gallon (converted liter to gallon and shekels to $US ...)

Monthly gas bill comes to around $320 ...

Get a closer job? I don't understand you complaint here because that's still better than most cars.

adary
Feb 9, 2014

meh

rotaryfun posted:

Get a closer job? I don't understand you complaint here because that's still better than most cars.

The key complaint is the gas price

Hooray Dialysis
May 20, 2007

everything is cool
I get about around 70mpg on my CBR250, I fill up around 150 miles and typically have another gallon left in the tank so I could theoretically make it to about 200 miles a tank. My friend gets around 50-60mpg on his KLX.

Hooray Dialysis fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 13, 2016

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
FZ-09 milage update. I had reserve come on today at 100 miles. I was expecting it to be a little lower than usual because I had let it idle for like 15-20 minutes while fiddling with it but that caught me off guard.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

Label Facing Right posted:

I get about around 70mpg on my CBR250, I fill up around 150 miles and typically have another gallon left in the tank so I could theoretically make it to about 200 miles a tank. My friend gets around 50-60mpg on his KLX.

I get like 45mpg on my 2008 Ninja250. Hard to get good gas mileage when you LIVE ON THE REDLINE! :rice:. I got the quickest sewing machine on the east coast baby.

I'm really craving a bike that doesn't have to spool up like a warp drive to pick a RPM.

Shadowlz fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 14, 2016

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Since we're comparing mileage, my naked 1200 gets a solid average of 33mpg in mostly city traffic. I ride it pretty hard but also kill it during long lights. Highway driving gives me over 40mpg.

I generally have to tank after 130-140 miles.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

No. 6 posted:

Since we're comparing mileage, my naked 1200 gets a solid average of 33mpg in mostly city traffic. I ride it pretty hard but also kill it during long lights. Highway driving gives me over 40mpg.

I generally have to tank after 130-140 miles.

What app is that?

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Road trip*

*only for iOS

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If anyone still cares about mileage, I get 33-50 mpg from cb1100. The disparity shows city and highway cruising extremes. That's a 1120 cc naked UJM bike. 3 gallon tank on that thing

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

Very nice Gorson, superb color!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Once more: goddamn you to hell.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Once again the Hawk proving itself the platonic ideal of a motorcycle. Unbelievably pretty both dressed and naked.

Though yours is especially well kept, I saw a shaft driven version in town last week and it was so beaten up I almost didn't recognise it. :(

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Thanks for the compliments. Lots of work to be done still, for example I can hear what sounds like a valve ticking so I want to do a valve job on it but someone appears to have welded the timing port closed on the left side engine cover :v:

Renaissance Robot posted:

Though yours is especially well kept, I saw a shaft driven version in town last week and it was so beaten up I almost didn't recognise it. :(

That was an NT650v Deauville, similar to the hawk in many ways, but more boringer. We never got those in the states.

Daemoxx
Oct 20, 2007
[witty comment goes here]

Bought my first bike yesterday, having a loving blast. I went and sat on a Ninja 300 and couldn't get a toe on the ground comfortably enough, because I am super short, so I ended up going for the special-purchase Rebel. I don't need to go super fast around here so I'll probably be good with this for a long time, and I'm glad I can get a foot flat on it because it's already saved me at one oddly-leveled stop. Not sure if the idiot grin under the helmet goes away, but so far I'm super stoked about this.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

This is just loving perfect.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Daemoxx posted:

Bought my first bike yesterday, having a loving blast. I went and sat on a Ninja 300 and couldn't get a toe on the ground comfortably enough, because I am super short, so I ended up going for the special-purchase Rebel. I don't need to go super fast around here so I'll probably be good with this for a long time, and I'm glad I can get a foot flat on it because it's already saved me at one oddly-leveled stop. Not sure if the idiot grin under the helmet goes away, but so far I'm super stoked about this.

Great choice for a first bike! Enjoy. You can thrash that bike as hard as you want and be confident that you won't quickly get yourself into a lethal situation. Push hard around the corners and learn to scrape the pegs.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Here she is! '06 VFR800 Interceptor ABS. I took the luggage rack off because it's ugly as gently caress without the matching Honda panniers.

I love it!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I love everything about that bike.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Really nice, I'm not usually a fan of black bikes but it really works on this one.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

VERTiG0 posted:

Here she is! '06 VFR800 Interceptor ABS. I took the luggage rack off because it's ugly as gently caress without the matching Honda panniers.

I love it!

Very nice, they look great with the hard cases on too. Do you find the VTEC to be an issue? That is what has always stopped me from getting a 6th gen.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

VERTiG0 posted:

I love it!

The 2016 with abs, traction control, heated grips, a quick shifter and matching luggage is my current dreambike

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Gorson posted:

Very nice, they look great with the hard cases on too. Do you find the VTEC to be an issue? That is what has always stopped me from getting a 6th gen.

I don't find it an issue at all. The changeover on this one is very smooth with the PCV and tune.

A MIRACLE posted:

The 2016 with abs, traction control, heated grips, a quick shifter and matching luggage is my current dreambike

I was looking heavily at leftover brand new 2014s but this 06 in stellar condition was less than half the price after tax than even the cheapest '14 with the matching luggage.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

VERTiG0 posted:

I love it!

I got to ride a friend's with the Krieger(?) pipes, those bikes sound wonderful and the VTEC kick in is great.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

VERTiG0 posted:

I love it!

I think this bike but in the anniversary colors is my next obtainable motorcycle want.

Looks awesome man, very cool.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Slim Pickens posted:

I got to ride a friend's with the Krieger(?) pipes, those bikes sound wonderful and the VTEC kick in is great.

Coming from an FZ-07, the engine in this VFR feels and sounds like a big ol' V8. I absolutely love it.

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 20, 2016

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That VFR is super'

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

VERTiG0 posted:

I love it!

You know what you must do: http://www.aaperf.com/vfrkit-gen6.html

Betty
Apr 14, 2008
Cleaned the chain and changed the oil on my zx6r. My neighbors probably think I have tourettes because the filter was stuck and I was about to pull my remaining hair out getting it off. Then I found my hammer and pry bar and found a way.....

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kits are discontinued :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

'48 loaded up and ready to be dropped off at its new owner's garage. poo poo, now I'm bikeless.