Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
This guy's been showing up in a lot of rooms lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Can't you just download the save straight off the sd card now to your pc? Probably even easier to hack stuff now.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I liked the moofah saving icon so I recreated it in .gif form

e: here it is with the grass and without the black outline I added, unfortunately it doesn't really show up well on this background

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jul 16, 2016

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Calaveron posted:

What's a good quick combo that progresses into red shield charging on guild style charge blade? I forget and can never go above yellow.

R+X to go from SnS mode to Axe mode and then X+A to go straight to ultra, cancel it with R.

The only way faster way I think is with adept and perfect guarding into X which instantly charges.

If you are okay wasting a phial you can do R+A to load your phials and then A into elemental 1 and go from there.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:regd08:

I made a gang tag with the moofah. There's no antialiasing on the text because MHGen is on the 3ds.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Edit: Nevermind

Denim Avenger fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jul 16, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I fuckin love Moofahs

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Great Maccao really is just Karate Jaggi lol. I need two more of his champion crests to level up his sword, and it is a challenge breaking his head before he just dies :v

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

deadly_pudding posted:

Great Maccao really is just Karate Jaggi lol. I need two more of his champion crests to level up his sword, and it is a challenge breaking his head before he just dies :v

You can capture it for the crest. 15% as opposed to 70% for actually breaking it but hey whatever works :v:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
#TeamPoogie

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Countblanc posted:

#TeamPoogie

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Countblanc posted:

#TeamPoogie

Agreed Fuk Llama

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Oh for god's sake, I already need items I don't have access to and I'm making goddamned jaggi armor.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else miss the old pig song circa Portable 2? A friend of mine made up lyrics:

Playin' with my pig is what I doooo
Playin' with my pig
Playin' with my pig
Playin' with my piiiiiiig!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My god my skills have badly regressed, Gendrome is loving chumping me

Doesn't help that the sharpness on these initial weapons is complete rear end, but still

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Intoluene posted:

Oh for god's sake, I already need items I don't have access to and I'm making goddamned jaggi armor.
Like what? The bug? You get the gathering quest in the dunes right after doing the urgent.

Mr Confetti
Feb 1, 2013

Tenzarin posted:

Enjoy the first 20 gathering quests really drunk!

what did I ever do to you :negative:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
So instead of choosing a weapon, I instead chose armor and went with maccao for now. I saw the increased exhaust perk and partial vault so ofc I went aerial hammer and that's my story on how I sat on my throne as the prince of hammer air

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
For no reasons other than looks for my baby's first monster armor I'm going with maccao for blade and Giadrome for my gunner.

Speaking of guns, or bows, how good is the hunter art that lets you turn your arrows into some kinda weird razor wire thing? Is the cutting damage useful enough to make a difference or is it just a nice way to sweep baby monsters away?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Rascyc posted:

Like what? The bug? You get the gathering quest in the dunes right after doing the urgent.

I worked this out. Now I feel dumb. :v:

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Intoluene posted:

I worked this out. Now I feel dumb. :v:

You could've also went straight to the guild hall and went to dunes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Everyone should try Adept Charge Blade on Bulldrome at least once. Parry his first charge, instantly go into red shield and then just sit there with your shield up and watch him kill himself :allears: Since his AI is just "charge, ALWAYS" he actually goes down pretty quick.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ciaphas posted:

My god my skills have badly regressed, Gendrome is loving chumping me

Doesn't help that the sharpness on these initial weapons is complete rear end, but still

Perfect time to pick up a new weapon you've never (or seldom) tried before!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone else having problems connecting to online? Pokemon and 4U work fine, so the error code I get is useless. ( digital release if it matters?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007
Girlfriend dragged me out to play pokemon go with people. Rip day 1.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Is there anywhere to gather spider webs early in the game, preferably the Jurassic Frontier? My obsessive need to capture every monster I hunt is taking away all my Wyrmcademy points.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

hunting horn is the best, i love it

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Mystic Mongol posted:

Is there anywhere to gather spider webs early in the game, preferably the Jurassic Frontier? My obsessive need to capture every monster I hunt is taking away all my Wyrmcademy points.

Area 8, behind the fake 'wall'. There's also 2 mining points in there

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

enojy posted:

I'm thinking I might actually give Long Sword a try, I kind of left that one alone in all of 4U and 3U for that matter, and didn't try it in the demo

Not sure what style to go for though

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Do the dual swords have a lot of bullshit combos to memorize? I have a very tiny brain, I used insect glaive in 4u and that only has one damage combo most of the time so I could handle it

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

enojy posted:

I've been thinking about moving away from CB (I constantly do the vial load by accident mid-combo, and I can't remember how to do the drat shield charge), but I can't decide if I want to so Switch Axe or dual blades, or just stay with charge blade.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Ciaphas posted:

I'm thinking I might actually give Long Sword a try, I kind of left that one alone in all of 4U and 3U for that matter, and didn't try it in the demo

I'm also trying that out for the first time as adept, getting into 3* quests now. It's got a well-rounded moveset, but recovery is on the slow side if you whiff. Not a lot of combos, and they're easy to remember, so it's quick to pick up on. Doing the adept evade-counter combo feels really really good when you get good at it (mainly because you're making the monster your bitch) but I'm getting kind of frustrated trying to figure out the best way to counter. Something about the input delay I think; I'll evade through a monster's attack, let off the circle pad during the dodge animation, use L to snap the camera back onto the monster, and hold forward on the circle pad... but I regularly end up snapping the camera back onto the monster before the evasion animation ends, and holding forward before it ends causes your dude to just keep running in the direction he's facing (despite not having this option selected in settings!)

What does work is something suggested earlier in the thread; just leave the camera alone and immediately hold back on the circle pad towards the monster during the evade animation, but then you're swinging blindly for the counter and I'm trying to figure out a way around that.

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 16, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Adept Long Sword! Why? Because it's really cool and you want to be cool, right? :colbert:

You're gonna have a difficult time building your gauge on small, agile monsters but on the plus side you can spend your spirit with reckless abandon since that's no longer how you level up your gauge (you only need a tiny bit). I love this, because despite being a hilariously long katana your regular moveset only has vertical swings (well, and the fade slash) which makes stuff that should be easy to slice through like Jaggi into a huge pain. Being free to use the spirit combo without thinking "oh no I'm wasting my precious resource that I should be using for leveling the gauge" means you can just go hog :getin: Oh, and you get an insanely powerful dodge so I guess that's good too.

e: also, there are several polearm designs for Long Swords in this game including a Naginata which automatically makes it the best weapon after the Hunting Horn, which has a special place in my heart because it's just the best weapon design in any game.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 16, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Lemming posted:

Do the dual swords have a lot of bullshit combos to memorize? I have a very tiny brain, I used insect glaive in 4u and that only has one damage combo most of the time so I could handle it

[yrl="https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHc2Wj95htvNA17XAu5BYSvmPEiXuFRct"]This guy[/url] has a bunch of weapon tutorials that go over the basic combos for all the weapons. The downside is that they're mixed in with a ton of other videos.

Here's dual blades:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWZgzkEj0Q

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If you're Hunting Horning mixing bherna waist and bone chest gets you maestro with 2 pieces, and you should be able to squeeze KO in there.

E:actually bone has that already from the pants nvm

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jul 16, 2016

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Dual Swords have always been on the bottom of my list because I could never get used to them in the demos... but I'm literally forced to try them now;

There's a set of Dual Swords called the Pokke Mittens... they're just big, padded gloves. :swoon:

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Dual Swords have always been on the bottom of my list because I could never get used to them in the demos... but I'm literally forced to try them now;

There's a set of Dual Swords called the Pokke Mittens... they're just big, padded gloves. :swoon:

Dual Blades always got some of the greatest novelty weapons. I forgot to check if the Knife and Forks are still around, because the upgrade system would make them 'practical' to use beyond that early high-rank hump. Might consider focusing on DB more if that's the case.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

lokipunk posted:

Girlfriend dragged me out to play pokemon go with people. Rip day 1.

sever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Your Computer posted:

:regd08:

I made a gang tag with the moofah. There's no antialiasing on the text because MHGen is on the 3ds.

This is powerful, you're a good person.

• Locked thread