Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

we have a $75 chest right now that's

atk 20%
set of golden eq

that 10k lapis pack is $55 of lapis and gives you

atk 30%
3 guaranteed 5* pulls
set of golden eq

and you can buy the latter without spending real money if you save your lapis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

baram. posted:

we have a $75 chest right now that's

atk 20%
set of golden eq

that 10k lapis pack is $55 of lapis and gives you

atk 30%
3 guaranteed 5* pulls
set of golden eq

and you can buy the latter without spending real money if you save your lapis.

Yea, but that's not a great argument because the $75 chest is an incredibly bad deal. Saying the deal is better than that still doesn't make it good, it just means it's not quite incredibly bad. Unless you have tons of money and don't care, then it's all irrellevant and I hate you :colbert:.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jul 20, 2016

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
gonna make it rain in ffbe

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
If that 10k Lapis chest gives 3 5* guaranteed units and is available during the Lightning or FFT gacha events I'd sooner use that than normal summons assuming rate ups would affect those 3 pulls (probably not, because Gumi are greedy as gently caress (see: timed exclusives in BF)).

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

ya i've spent 200-300 between pulls and tm farming and ive still only pulled one character at 5*.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

rabidsquid posted:

Kefka fuckin rules, and I think that should factor in to the decision.

Yeah, I basically said "I'd be happy with either Golbez or Kefka but don't care who or what Chorizo is" and got a Kefka on my single ticket pull so I'm good there. He looks like a decent mage to roll with!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah i've been going by https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings and he's good

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, I basically said "I'd be happy with either Golbez or Kefka but don't care who or what Chorizo is" and got a Kefka on my single ticket pull so I'm good there. He looks like a decent mage to roll with!

I got Golbez and Chizuru in 3 pulls and then did another 6 or so just to get Kefka.

Save the world with a bunch of evil monsters probably worse than the guys we're trying to beat!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Never did get a Chizuru. Is it just not worth it to keep trying before this banner goes away? I've only got 1500 lapis anyway.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

someone maybe on this page but definitely recently in the thread said she has like a 2% drop rate even boosted in this event, so if you feel really lucky

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Eh, my luck is crap. I'll just save for the 5k for 11 tickets thing.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I'm currently enjoying my A-team of Evil, Inc: Kefka, Kefka, ExDeath, Golbez and healbot.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

HGH posted:

What does the Speed setting actually alter?

How quickly the actions happen. 1 is realtime.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Just unlocked the "Magic Infuse" recipe from the S-3 Colosseum boss, is it worth making? Seems to be a Dark magic attack, none of my mages naturally have a Dark type attack other than their limit breaks.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Just unlocked the "Magic Infuse" recipe from the S-3 Colosseum boss, is it worth making? Seems to be a Dark magic attack, none of my mages naturally have a Dark type attack other than their limit breaks.

It's hybrid-type damage, so it relies on both STR and MAG. Good for guys like Golbez, but has a 1.3x multiplier so isn't stellar.

Also if you need a Dark attack, Bio Blaster is a good craft.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Mischalaniouse posted:

It's hybrid damage (see above), which generally sucks in part due to gear not having the stats to drive it properly. Part of why Lightning and Garland are top tier is that they have elemental attacks that are not hybrid and only use STR in the calculation.

Bio Blaster is a straight up better dark attack, as it's non-hybrid MAG based. Bonus points for also adding poison status.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I have no decent gatcha physical attackers so I was worried about Chimera but I beat it first go extremely easily with a team of maxed level ExDeath, Kefka, Golbez, Fina and Laswell.

Didn't have any special gear or equipment.

Laswell died three turns in, Fina was responsible for spamming Cura while the other three mages just used Drain. The whole fight took less than two minutes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Servaetes posted:

Yeah, the one thing holding Kefka back is that he's not quite as future-proofed as some others - he doesn't have a 6* form in JP, and may not actually get one for a while if ever. He's drat good for the current level of content, but eventually he'll start losing out to power creep.

He's fantastic until that point, though, if a smidge squishy. I'd rank him as better than (albeit not as tanky as) Exdeath right now, albeit barely and solely due to Hyperdrive being amazing. He comes out of the box being relatively usable, too, unlike most mages.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
huh, Devil Chimera doesnt really hit all that hard aside his 3 mega attacks of Lightning > Fire > Ice. Keeping him with Magic/SPR/Power breakdown did a good job of lowering his damage.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Can you ever get "good" units from the Standard Summon? Should I be saving my friend points for the next time the mini metal cactuars show up? How do I spend these 1000s of friend points they're handing me? Is there a maximum to friend points?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

Can you ever get "good" units from the Standard Summon? Should I be saving my friend points for the next time the mini metal cactuars show up? How do I spend these 1000s of friend points they're handing me? Is there a maximum to friend points?

No, couldn't hurt, you know how to use friend point summons, and I'm not sure but if it's built like Brave Frontier then no, just a limit on how many you can accept from the big server handouts (Friend gifts and natural FP gain are fine if this works like BF, just not the big chunks of points like the 1000 points we're getting daily at the moment - those stop being acceptable if they'd push your amount of stocked up FP over 99 pulls worth, aka 19800)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
My god, Kefka's XP scale is painful, even at 4 stars. I've used all but 4 of my big cactuars and at this point I'm taking him to the XP chamber alone whenever I get a chance.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Joined up just in time to grab the initial run rewards. Added myself to the spreadsheet, the number is 103135071 if anybody is lazy and has friend slots open. Currently running with Lasswell, Krile, Vivi, Rydia, and Kefka, off of summon tickets from the startup bonuses. Is there any newb information that isn't in the OP that I should really know?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
A few Holy Crystal and Mystics Orb short of having the materials to get Vaan, Bartz, Golbez, and ExDeath to 5*.

Grinding the level 59 experience feels grindy after the deluge of cactaurs from the weekend haha. Still have 7 saved up at least, will shove them into Vaan and ExDeath first to get them rolling towards 80.

Edit: Just to be sure I'm not missing something about TM. I've seen people talk about running teams of multiple copies of a character (say Rizer for his HP+10%) for their TMs. I had sort of assumed that this was due to the game providing a TM bonus by copying the bonus across character copies. That is to say, I though that if I had a team of 5 Rizers, then if 1 Rizer hit that 10% chance at a TM Rate Up of 0.1%, then all 5 Rizers would receive it. If 2 hit it, then all would go up 0.2%, etc.

Trying it out showed that my assumption was incorrect, and I just wanted to confirm that there's no real way to improve TM grind rates beyond using scripts to run easy dungeons all the live long day.

Thanks for the help!

Edit #2: Is it worth making the Wizard's Staff for a healer, since it's an OK upgrade over the Cherry Staff, or is there a superior item I'll be able to craft or find in a chest or earn from a boss before long?

kalensc fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 20, 2016

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

A few Holy Crystal and Mystics Orb short of having the materials to get Vaan, Bartz, Golbez, and ExDeath to 5*.

Grinding the level 59 experience feels grindy after the deluge of cactaurs from the weekend haha. Still have 7 saved up at least, will shove them into Vaan and ExDeath first to get them rolling towards 80.

Edit: Just to be sure I'm not missing something about TM. I've seen people talk about running teams of multiple copies of a character (say Rizer for his HP+10%) for their TMs. I had sort of assumed that this was due to the game providing a TM bonus by copying the bonus across character copies. That is to say, I though that if I had a team of 5 Rizers, then if 1 Rizer hit that 10% chance at a TM Rate Up of 0.1%, then all 5 Rizers would receive it. If 2 hit it, then all would go up 0.2%, etc.

Trying it out showed that my assumption was incorrect, and I just wanted to confirm that there's no real way to improve TM grind rates beyond using scripts to run easy dungeons all the live long day.

Thanks for the help!

It's just to help get to 100% quickly on the throwaway characters. I did it with Carrie. If you run a team of 5 Carries (or any 1 character) then once they all total 80% you combine them and get the TM. For instance, mine were something like...

Carrie 1 22%
Carrie 2 15%
Carrie 3 18%
Carrie 4 9%
Carrie 5 20%

So I smashed them all together and with the 5% extra you get when you combine them, got 100% and the TM immediately.

So basically, instead of 10,000 runs to get 100%, I only needed about 1,600 runs to get all 5 to around 16% (I didn't get the 5th Carrie until 1/2 way through, so mine weren't quite equal and it took a bit longer)

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 20, 2016

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

deathbagel posted:

It's just to help get to 100% quickly on the throwaway characters. I did it with Carrie. If you run a team of 5 Carries (or any 1 character) then once they all total 80% you combine them and get the TM. For instance, mine were something like...

Carrie 1 22%
Carrie 2 15%
Carrie 3 18%
Carrie 4 9%
Carrie 5 20%

So I smashed them all together and with the 5% extra you get when you combine them, got 100% and the TM immediately.

So basically, instead of 10,000 runs to get 100%, I only needed about 2,000 runs to get all 5 to around 20% (I didn't get the 5th Carrie until 1/2 way through, but she sped it up a bit)

Right, so with 5 you get them all around 16% then fuse them and voila, TM. Same could work with a group of 3 and group of 2 (Luna and Kain in my case).

Do TM increases come from any type of battle? I could def run a weak team through Materials INT and a few other areas, wasn't sure if TM +0.1% was dependent on the battle type (Explore, Story Dungeon, Colosseum, Vortex, other).

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

kalensc posted:

Right, so with 5 you get them all around 16% then fuse them and voila, TM. Same could work with a group of 3 and group of 2 (Luna and Kain in my case).

Do TM increases come from any type of battle? I could def run a weak team through Materials INT and a few other areas, wasn't sure if TM +0.1% was dependent on the battle type (Explore, Story Dungeon, Colosseum, Vortex, other).

Yep, the percentages you need for different numbers of characters:

2 - 47.5% each
3 - 30% each
4 - 21.25% each
5 - 16% each

Nope, doesn't matter what you run. Most people just run Earth Shrine since it's only 1 stamina per run.

Edit: On, and Luna's TM is so good that you might want to consider getting multiples.

deathbagel fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 20, 2016

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
A weapon to surpass Metal Gear. 5* Shadow

Its probably a joke as the Character name is Aileen.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

That depends on your definition of "good." If you're a "reroll until you have the perfect team" sort, then no, no you can't get anything good from friend point summons. You can beat the current single player content with properly leveled FP characters. (Plus, Rain, Lasswell and Fina are all "good" characters.) You probably won't be able to sleepwalk through things, though. And you won't be getting any characters from the console Final Fantasies, if that's what you're asking.

If you currently have a workable team, then yes, save your friend points for a while.

Not sure what the max number of friend points is, worry about that when you hit it, it's not like they're a finite resource.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

EzEight posted:

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear. 5* Shadow

Its probably a joke as the Character name is Aileen.
Oh boy. Can't wait for Magitek Sabin and Magitek Cyan based on a single 5 minute event.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

HGH posted:

Oh boy. Can't wait for Magitek Sabin and Magitek Cyan based on a single 5 minute event.

Magitek Sabin as a punching robot would un-ironically own.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Introducing: Waiter Kefka.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
should I be running two Kefkas?

My party currently consists of Laswell, Kain, Kekfa, Magitek Terra and Firion.

I dont really have much in terms of premiums from what I understand.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

TommyGun85 posted:

should I be running two Kefkas?

My party currently consists of Laswell, Kain, Kekfa, Magitek Terra and Firion.

I dont really have much in terms of premiums from what I understand.

Yes if you have them. Work towards getting stars up across the board
Laswell can help you a lot.
Fina, when you get her, is a great healer once you level her up for cura

Double Rabite
Mar 30, 2010

Typical Saturday night dance party.

deathbagel posted:

Yep, the percentages you need for different numbers of characters:

2 - 47.5% each
3 - 30% each
4 - 21.25% each
5 - 16% each

Nope, doesn't matter what you run. Most people just run Earth Shrine since it's only 1 stamina per run.

Edit: On, and Luna's TM is so good that you might want to consider getting multiples.

Wait, is this correct? If I am running only 2 characters they each have a 47.5% chance of getting 0.1% TM per run?

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

And you won't be getting any characters from the console Final Fantasies, if that's what you're asking.

You can get NPCS from the console games just fine. Hell, Biggs and Wedge are technically playable characters too.

It would be cool though if they added in new recognizable friend point characters at some point.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Double Rabite posted:

Wait, is this correct? If I am running only 2 characters they each have a 47.5% chance of getting 0.1% TM per run?

No, they have the same 10% for 0.1 as usual. He means you need to get them both up to 47.5% in order to be able to fuse them together for a single copy at 100%.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Double Rabite posted:

I think you misunderstood.

if you have 2 characters at 47.5 TM you can fuse them together to get the TM reward. It adds the two together and gives a bonus to equal 100%. Thats how I understand it anyway.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

That's the same 5% bonus you always get from fusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I can't beat the final arena match. It's the upgraded Snow Dragon with some 260K health.
Not sure whether to go magical or physical.
But the biggest problem is his Screech. I only have 1 Black Choker to go around and Confusion utterly wrecks my party.
I'm using Firion, CoD, Fina, Rain and Lasswell. I have three Golbezes and three Kefkas but they need some work still. Not sure what to do.

• Locked thread