Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Cross-posting from the Indies thread, but Cedric Alexander is replacing Adam Cole in the BOLA tournament, which means either Team CWC loses in the opening round, or Cedric will be withdrawn from KOT and replaced on Team CWC with whomever Chikara can get.

Gets drawn against the colony. Drew Galuk mysteriously no-shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Just call Sean Maluta or something.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Just call Ho Ho Lun or something.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

King of Trios is the Smackdown of the Indie Tournament Draft.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I'm def in the minority but I am looking forward to KOT way more than BOLA.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DM Punk posted:

What the gently caress.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

:wow:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Sorry guys, but KOT has Candice and BOLA doesn't.

Also, this team just got announced.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

Oh my God, yes. I want this to be their theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-4mhUg6Jw

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gavok posted:

Given their team name, it's probably going to be this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6Lzpz-Emhs

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Gavok posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-4mhUg6Jw

At least once over the weekend, the Police Squad theme should play and they all freeze, allowing opponents to escape submissions or pin them or such like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkNVgrOJfl0

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I hope they reunite down the line to figure out the mystery of how Chikara can have Mil Muertes vs. Mil Muertes.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Gavok posted:

I hope they reunite down the line to figure out the mystery of how Chikara can have Mil Muertes vs. Mil Muertes.

Two of the three will reunite because the third has been accused of a double murder.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

DM Punk posted:

where's dan barry

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Capsaicin posted:

where's officer colt cabana

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Capsaicin posted:

where's dan barry

He told me he was busy that weekend otherwise he would have been there.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results out of Toronto:

Afternoon Show:
1. Kobald def. Evil Uno with the Demon's Toilet.
2. Big Deal (Swoggle), Saul Caprice, Rick Roman def. three jobbers with the Tadpole Splash.
3. Oleg the Usurper def. Officer Warren Barksdale with the Off With His Head.
4. heXed Men (Icarus, Mark Angelosetti, Obariyon & Kodama) def. Princess Kimberlee, Heidi Lovelace, Delmi Exo, Ashley Vox with an Angelosetti spinebuster on Exo
5. Four Corner Elimination - Mustache Mountain def. The Osirian Portal, Crab People, 3.0
-1st Elimination: Ophidian pinned Hermit Crab with a bridging backslide. Portal have 3 points.
-2nd Elimination: Trent Seven pinned Jagged after a piledriver
-3rd Elimination: Tyler Bate pinned Ophidian after a piledriver and a suplex into a sitout powerbomb. Mustache Mountain have 2 points heading into their match with N_R_G later. Portal is now back at 0 points.
6. Drew Gulak def. Dasher Hatfield with a leaping dragon sleeper. Gulak has 3 points for Grand Championship contention. Hatfield shook his hand after the match.

Evening Show:
1. Missile Assault Man def. Rump Thump Stephon Smith with the Missile Launcher. Smith was a replacement for a sick Pinkie Sanchez.
2. Soldier Ant def. Juke Joint Lucas Calhoun with the Trench Slam.
3. Mustache Mountain def. N_R_G with the piledriver/sitout powerbomb on Race Jaxon. Mustache Mountain now have 3 points!
- Post-match, Los Ice Creams suddenly ran out and cashed in their Golden Opportunities on N_R_G!
4. Campeonatos de Parejas Match - Los Ice Creams def. N_R_G to win the Campeonatos de Parejas! Los Ice Creams ran away after winning the belts.
5. The Colony (Silver Ant & Worker Ant) def. The Batiri (Obariyon & Kodama) with Worker pinning Kodama with a waistlock rollup.
- Kobald came out to distract the Colony, while Amasis (Worker's old captain in the Battle Hive) came out to make the save. Silver Ant looked upset by this and walked out on Worker.
- This left Worker alone against the Batiri, who destroyed his knee. Silver made a delayed save, but Worker overcame the odds.
6. Big Deal, Saul Caprice, Rick Roman def. The United Nations with a Tadpole Splash on Prakash Sabar.
- Post-match, JFDC dressed down Sabar and the Boar.
7. Grand Championship of Chikara - Hallowicked def. Fire Ant to retain the title with a sunset flip.
- Post-match, Wicked kept kicking Fire, so Silver Ant came out to make the save.
8. Encore Match - Princess Kimberlee def. Shayne Hawke with a powerbomb into the Alligator Clutch.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So regarding the Evening Show from Toronto, a ruling was made regarding a match that took place--

Los Ice Creams cashed in their Golden Opportunities to pin Race Jaxon of N_R_G to win the Campeonatos de Parejas, but it was only a one-fall match, instead of a best-of-three falls match. So the titles are being held up until a further ruling on how to resolve the issue can be made.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Chikara just announced that Aerostar will be part of this year's Rey de Voladores tournament at King of Trios weekend.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Time to soak streamers in kerosene and hope he has that flame thrower again

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

With zero surprise, the Batiri is announced as the 11th team.

Five more to go.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

With zero surprise, the Batiri is announced as the 11th team.

Five more to go.

Can't wait for the second Nightmare Warriors stable of Mr Touchdown, Icarus, and Hallowicked

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Can't wait for the second Nightmare Warriors stable of Mr Touchdown, Icarus, and Hallowicked

Probably. Or NazMantis will brainwash someone else at their next "Hour of Power" on August 7, or at their Chikaratopia special on August 21, and that person will join TD and Icarus for a "heXed Men" team, while Wicked pairs up with Frightmare and Blind Rage for a Nightmare Warriors team.

Confirmed KOT Trios:
-Team Sendai Girls - Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi
-Team SHIMMER - Solo Darling, Crazy Mary Dobson, Candice LaRae
-Team JWP - Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi
-Team Original Divas Revolution - Jazz, Victoria, Mickie James
-Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell
-The Colony - Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant
-The Warriors Three - Thunderfrog, Princess Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper
-Team CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano
- United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar of Moldova
- Team Police Squad - Officer Warren Barksdale, Supercop Dick Justice, Bill Carr
- The Batiri - Obariyon, Kobald, Kodama

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

A ruling was made regarding the controversy about the title change from the Toronto shows. To resolve the matter, there will be a Campeonatos de Parejas match at "No One's First, And You're Next," Chikara's next major show (their upcoming "Hour of Power" on Aug. 7 doesn't count) on August 21 at the Wrestle Factory. It will be broadcast live on Chikaratopia.

Matches on tap for that show:

Best of 3 Falls Campeonatos de Parejas Match: N_R_G (Hype Rockwell & Race Jaxon) defend vs Los Ice Creams (El Hijo del Ice Cream & Ice Cream Jr)
Rematch from March: Princess Kimberlee vs Heidi Lovelace
Grudge Match: Eddie Kingston vs Jakob Hammermeier
Trios Match: Team Big Deal (The Big Deal/Swoggle, Sloan Caprice, Rick Roland) vs The United Nations (Juan Francisco de Coronado, Proletariat Boar of Moldova, Prakash Sabar)
Singles Match: Abominous Rex vs Oleg the Usurper

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Confirmed KOT Trios:
-Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell

NRShe. Thank me later.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
:siren: I have tickets in various rows across all 3 nights plus conclave if you or your pals still haven't bought tickets for Trios. Willing to sell under face value than what Chikara is asking for.

Also, let's all be pals at Trios.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm a GA pleb.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Newest trio for the KOT line up is Dasher Hatfield & Mustache Mountain

Confirmed KOT Trios:
1. Team Sendai Girls - Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi
2. Team SHIMMER - Solo Darling, Crazy Mary Dobson, Candice LaRae
3. Team JWP - Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi
4. Team Original Divas Revolution - Jazz, Victoria, Mickie James
5. Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell
6. The Colony - Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant
7. The Warriors Three - Thunderfrog, Princess Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper
8. Team CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano
9. United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar of Moldova
10. Team Police Squad - Officer Warren Barksdale, Supercop Dick Justice, Bill Carr
11. The Batiri - Obariyon, Kobald, Kodama
12. Major League Moustache - Dasher Hatfield, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate
(4 teams left)

Also, Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox) have been added to the Tag Gauntlet on Night 3. They are so far the only team announced for it.

Confirmed Rey de Voladores entrants (KOT Night 2)
- Aerostar
(7 flippy little boys left)

Confirmed Tag Gauntlet entrants (KOT Night 3)
- Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox)
(9? teams left)

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 3, 2016

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Trent and Tyler were the nicest dudes at Trios last year, glad to see they're coming back!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I wish trios wasn't always on Labor Day weekend, I've usually got cooler poo poo to do than to burn a full three day weekend at a wrestling show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So going by the roster page, here's who hasn't been announced yet:

NAZMALDUN'S SOLDIERS

Hallowicked
Frightmare
Blind Rage
Icarus
Mr. Touchdown

GENTLEMAN'S CLUB, SORT OF

Chuck Taylor (TM)
Orange Cassidy
Drew Gulak
Swamp Monster

UNUSED TECNICOS

Eddie Kingston
Amasis
Ophidian
Argus
Jervis Cottonbelly
Los Ice Creams
Worker Ant
Arctic Rescue Ant
Pinkie Sanchez
Shynron

UNUSED RUDOS

Missile Assault Man
Lucas Calhoun
Jakob Hammermeier
Jaka
Hermit Crab
Rock Lobster
Wani
Abominous Rex

I doubt we'll see Actual Chuck Taylor in either of his gimmicks. Snowflake appears to be 100% done with the company. Ashley Remington's doing BOLA in his more successful gimmick. Devastation Corporation are off the radar right now and if they do show up, it won't be as competitors in the tournament.

My guess is we'll get a second Nazmaldun team, a Gentleman's Club team, a team captained by Worker Ant and a final team of outsiders. Probably with Hornswoggle involved.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

I doubt we'll see Actual Chuck Taylor in either of his gimmicks. Snowflake appears to be 100% done with the company. Ashley Remington's doing BOLA in his more successful gimmick. Devastation Corporation are off the radar right now and if they do show up, it won't be as competitors in the tournament.

My guess is we'll get a second Nazmaldun team, a Gentleman's Club team, a team captained by Worker Ant and a final team of outsiders. Probably with Hornswoggle involved.

Yeah, given that Swoggle The Big Deal's trio is competing at the Wrestle Factory this month, I'd guess we'll get them in KOT too, barring his getting booked elsewhere for the weekend.

If only Rock Lobster and Cajun Crawdad were both healthy, we could have them team with Hermit Crab to make a crab people trio.

Part of me wants to say that Dev Corp's Blaster & Flex will turn up in the Tag Gauntlet and go on a tear. They already have 3 points, but I could see them doing it for reasons of "because gently caress everyone else." Plus if they get 6 or more points, they could use that to name their stipulation for their title match. (a la the Colony after they got 7 points back in 2008) Max Smashmaster hasn't been seen since he got kayfabe(?) fired in February. And honestly, if Los Ice Creams get the CdP this month, I could see Dev Corp popping up at KOT and demanding their title match, as additional fallout from the COTI.

Also, Gulak's already been announced, Gavok. He's on the CWC trio with Cedric and Gargano.

My guess is we'll see these teams:
The HeXed Men/Pillars of Woe - Hallowicked, Frightmare, Icarus
Team Big Deal - Big Deal Swoggle, Sloan Caprice, Rick Roland
Battle Hive - Amasis, Worker Ant, Arctic Rescue
Snake Pit - Ophidian, Argus, Shynron

We'll probably see the Battleborn (Calhoun/Missile) in the Tag Gauntlet, where we'll probably also see Pinkie/Arctic.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Also, Gulak's already been announced, Gavok. He's on the CWC trio with Cedric and Gargano.

Duh, oh yeah. Double-booked wrestlers throw me off sometimes.

I could definitely see Touchdown as being just a corner man for the Nazmaldun team, there explicitly to cheat.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
are Sloan Caprice and Rick Roland just trainees or actually people of importance

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

are Sloan Caprice and Rick Roland just trainees or actually people of importance

Trainees, I would assume.

One of them is the guy in the dark suit spotted at "Tightrope," whom people assumed to be some kind of Condor/Titor goon, since he had dark sunglasses and kept touching an earpiece. I also spotted him working a dark match at the Wrestle Factory when I went there for their commentary workshop last month.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I went there for their commentary workshop last month.

How did that go, by the way? I was considering giving that a go, but couldn't make it.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

How did that go, by the way? I was considering giving that a go, but couldn't make it.

I had a good time. There were 7 of us that showed up. Quack discussed Chikara's approach to commentating (regarding telling the story of the match, not denigrating anyone involved (aka don't bad-mouth them), etc.), and then we paired up to call matches for an unofficial "show," which was mostly students and trainers. Since I was the odd man out, that meant I got to call my match with Quack. Our match didn't have much of a story to it-- it was Worker Ant versus Rope Break Randy-- so we talked up the power-vs-speed and veteran-vs-rookie aspects of it, and I included some words about Worker's recent frustrations with Soldier Ant, but the match was only about 5 minutes long, and ended before either of us really expected, so it kind of got cut short.

I was a little disappointed, since the others got some longer matches they could tell some more stories with or at least some better material, but all in all, it was a good experience and I'm glad I decided to go for it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Sockser posted:

I wish trios wasn't always on Labor Day weekend, I've usually got cooler poo poo to do than to burn a full three day weekend at a wrestling show.

My fiance was definitely not into my suggestion that we have a destination wedding in sunny, tropical Philadelphia.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Results from the second "Hour of Power" that was broadcast today on Chikaratopia.

1. Ophidian def. Hermit Crab via disqualification. Crab locked in his Flat Crab submission while Ophidian was in the ropes and refused to break the hold. Argus came out to chase off Crab.

Sidney Bakabella cut a promo ranting at Oleg the Usurper about nearly killing him, and how Abominous Rex is too big for Oleg to hurt.

2. Princess Kimberlee def. Suplex Stephen via a pop-up powerbomb and the Alligator Clutch. Kimberlee has 2 points.

Argus started cutting a promo about Hermit Crab when Blaster McMassive & Flex Rumblecrunch hijacked the interview, demanding their title shot. Mike Quackenbush came out and added them to the title match on Aug 21.

3. Cornelius Crummels & Sonny Defarge def. The Colony (Silver Ant & Worker Ant) with the Great Expectations (assisted moonsault) on Worker when Silver was distracted by Kobald.

After the match, Silver attacked Kobald, when Icarus (wearing a Frightmare mask) sneak-attacked him with a chair. They smashed his arm with the chair against the post, and were set to Pillman-ize his arm (seemingly as a message from Frightmare) when Officer Warren Barksdale came to the rescue, leading to...

4. Officer Warren Barksdale def. Kobald with the Book 'Em DDT, going right down to the wire on the time limit. Kobald kept working Barksdale's shoulders and looked to have it won at a few points, but Barksdale fought back. Kobald kicked out of two Cease and Desist splashes (including one from the top rope), but ended up whiffing on a Demon's Toilet to set up the finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So... they didn't take the opportunity to announce another Trios team? Okay, then.

• Locked thread