Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Unfunny Poster posted:

Alarm clocking for anything, be it PVP or PVE, always seemed weird and silly to me.

I mean it is. But I paid 50m for the bookmark and didnt want it to expire.

edit: Has anyone had success smart bombing Rally Points for 6/10 escalations?

I'm guessing just throw 8 TS smart bombs on a mach with some cap mids and go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FranktheBank posted:

I mean it is. But I paid 50m for the bookmark and didnt want it to expire.

edit: Has anyone had success smart bombing Rally Points for 6/10 escalations?

You really need to use 3 accounts for it, a single bs doesn't do enough damage before they get out of range (i used apocs personally as you don't need to move at all really). The 3rd account/character is for getting warpins as there are 2 types with different spawn locations. I used to get a couple escalations an hour iirc

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
The closest I came to alarm clocking was alarm clocking on a weekend at a perfectly normal reasonable hour that I would have slept through anyways because weekends are designed for sleeping in.

Like I made sure to get up at 9AM instead of my usual "Wake up whenever" policy for my days off.

Setting an alarm for 3am on a work night just sounds retarded.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

FranktheBank posted:

I can't help you with maximizing ticks, but if you want to make the front page of zkillboard you could try this.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Morris posted:

I can't help you with maximizing ticks, but if you want to make the front page of zkillboard you could try this.

I'll give it a shot. I'll let you guys know where I am when I try it.

I think I want to try c5 WHs. Is there any chance in duoing them? I was thinking Rattles or Nestors. Maybe 1 Rattle 1 Marauder?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

2x tinker snakes are the way to go I'm told.

You'll be horribly murdered though.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FranktheBank posted:

I'll give it a shot. I'll let you guys know where I am when I try it.

I think I want to try c5 WHs. Is there any chance in duoing them? I was thinking Rattles or Nestors. Maybe 1 Rattle 1 Marauder?

You can duo tinker snake them, remote cap transfers in the highs, self repping in the mids. There's fits for it if you google it because i cant remember the exact fit off the top of my head. Marauders work but i wouldn't use a solo(not tinker) snake

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Carth Dookie posted:

Shh

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Carth Dookie posted:

2x tinker snakes are the way to go I'm told.

To be fair, if he's any good(and really paranoid), duo mjd fit tinkersnakes are ridiculously safe.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Eminai posted:

To be fair, if he's any good(and really paranoid), duo mjd fit tinkersnakes are ridiculously safe.

So long as you roll holes yeah, though a well placed voidbomb can ruin your day

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Sunber posted:

You can duo tinker snake them, remote cap transfers in the highs, self repping in the mids. There's fits for it if you google it because i cant remember the exact fit off the top of my head. Marauders work but i wouldn't use a solo(not tinker) snake

So remote transfer cap whoever is getting neut'd? Or we will both be targeted? No remote shield boosts, so we just have to be able to tank all dps with our own tank right? I see on the spreadsheet some are putting out 2k dps on a wave. What kinda hp/s am i shooting for to survive them? I know ideally 2k, but I dont know if that's feasible. Should we be cap stable on our own or rely on transfers?

Thanks.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A bunch of Alliance Tournament nerds sat down and talked about this years rules - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YouO2Gl-OzM

Suitonia of Pandemic Legion (formerly of Warlords of the Deep/Hydra Reloaded)
Bei Artjay of Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork (main tournament designer for EVE NT)
Thecla Elarik of Red vs Blue
Starfleetcommander of We Form Volta
Theronth Valarax of We Form Volta
Chessur of Exodus. (formerly of Warlords of the Deep/Hydra Reloaded)
Apothne of Pandemic Legion
Rahne Chocolate of Play Hard Pray Harder

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FranktheBank posted:

So remote transfer cap whoever is getting neut'd? Or we will both be targeted? No remote shield boosts, so we just have to be able to tank all dps with our own tank right? I see on the spreadsheet some are putting out 2k dps on a wave. What kinda hp/s am i shooting for to survive them? I know ideally 2k, but I dont know if that's feasible. Should we be cap stable on our own or rely on transfers?

Thanks.

https://o.smium.org/loadout/59168 is basically the fit but upgrade the booster and amps to X type so that you can tank enough, always have the cap transfers running (might have to make them meta so that they fit the cpu with the upgrades)

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
This is the rattlesnake fit I use for duo-farming C5s:

[Rattlesnake, C5 tinker - expensive]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Dread Guristas Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer
Dread Guristas Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pithum C-Type Adaptive Invulnerability Field
Pith X-Type X-Large Shield Booster
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Shield Boost Amplifier II
Republic Fleet Target Painter

Large 'Regard' Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Drone Link Augmentor II

Large Egress Port Maximizer II
Large Egress Port Maximizer I
Large Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Gecko x1
Curator II x2

It's pretty easy/semi-AFKable. One of the rattlesnakes runs a painter as above, the other runs a remote sensor booster with the scan res script. They transfer cap between themselves, which allows them to permarun their local tanks and shrug off all the neuting a C5 site can put out. You assign the sensor booster rattle's gecko to the painter rattle and can then ignore the sensor booster one for the duration of the site; you just use the painter to tell its drone what to kill next. Because of the cap transfers and painter, the sleepers ignore your geckos. Before you start running sites, you need to crit all the incoming holes other than the one to your home system; if a new sig spawns, just activate your MJDs and peace out. It's pretty easy, and makes ~500m/hr, but it's kind of a ballache because you have to do a fair bit of prep before you can start running - you have to roll your static until you connect to a C5 with a decent number of sites and a not-terrible effect, then run a pair of rolling BS through and crit all the incoming holes.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jul 25, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Awesome. I'll probably be whelping ships in c5 by next week.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Ten hours later, my single Capital ship is comfortably sitting in Sakht. I know it's been said many times before, but holy poo poo, gently caress Greyscale.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

A bunch of Alliance Tournament nerds sat down and talked about this years rules - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YouO2Gl-OzM

Suitonia of Pandemic Legion (formerly of Warlords of the Deep/Hydra Reloaded)
Bei Artjay of Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork (main tournament designer for EVE NT)
Thecla Elarik of Red vs Blue
Starfleetcommander of We Form Volta
Theronth Valarax of We Form Volta
Chessur of Exodus. (formerly of Warlords of the Deep/Hydra Reloaded)
Apothne of Pandemic Legion
Rahne Chocolate of Play Hard Pray Harder

Guy who uploaded the video needs to turn up the volume, I basically heard a bunch of Charlie Brown's teachers saying something about spaceships.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So after helpful hints from guys in Theta and this thread I've arrived at:

code:
[Stratios, Exploro-kill]

Damage Control II
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 400
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher
Quad Light Beam Laser II, Multifrequency M

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

Vespa II x2
Wasp II x3
Praetor II x3
Ogre II x3
Berserker II x3
Valkyrie II x2
Infiltrator II x2
Hammerhead II x2
Hornet EC-300 x4

Nanite Repair Paste x30
Drone loadout I'm still not sure on. I don't know how useful heavy drones will be/if they're necessary for sleeper sites etc. But I think I'd stand a chance in this vs most other cruisers at least

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
I wouldn't bother with heavies without a tracking link or nav computer, but maybe that's just me

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
In six five days my subscription to this awful game runs out.

Do I need to do anything with my goonfleet forums account to park it or will that all happen by magic?

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

NtotheTC posted:

So after helpful hints from guys in Theta and this thread I've arrived at:

code:
[Stratios, Exploro-kill]

Damage Control II
1600mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II

10MN Afterburner II
Relic Analyzer II
Medium Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Cap Booster 400
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Sisters Core Probe Launcher

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Vespa II x2
Wasp II x3
Praetor II x3
Ogre II x3
Berserker II x3
Valkyrie II x2
Infiltrator II x2
Hammerhead II x2
Hornet EC-300 x4

Nanite Repair Paste x30
Drone loadout I'm still not sure on. I don't know how useful heavy drones will be/if they're necessary for sleeper sites etc. But I think I'd stand a chance in this vs most other cruisers at least

Geckos! Never not use geckos on a stratios!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

BAE B BLUE posted:

Geckos! Never not use geckos on a stratios!

I am a space poor :( One of my requirements was keeping the overall cost down while I'm still learning because I'll inevitably lose one or two. Intersting about the tracking link, maybe I'll ditch the heavies for now

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
berserkers are a pretty good substitution for geckos. they don't do as much damage but they are in the same ballpark of tracking and speed. faction berserkers are like 3m each so its definitely a good cheap option

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Guy who uploaded the video needs to turn up the volume, I basically heard a bunch of Charlie Brown's teachers saying something about spaceships.

one guy is loud enough to be annoying and the rest of everyone is too quiet to hear.

for fucks sake audacity is free

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

nigga crab pollock posted:

berserkers are a pretty good substitution for geckos. they don't do as much damage but they are in the same ballpark of tracking and speed. faction berserkers are like 3m each so its definitely a good cheap option

The drone re-balance was surprisingly good. Augmented and faction drones are pretty nice. They don't ever seem to be a mandatory upgrade, but they are often a nice little upgrade for the price.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Is GSF running a team in the AT this year?

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

LemonDrizzle posted:

Is GSF running a team in the AT this year?

If we get picked asher said he'd captain it. No idea when the picks get announced.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I've got wormhole questions.

The foreboding nature of wormhole space and the risk-reward factor of inhabiting one makes them a very enticing prospect for me. Might even start a Corp to inhabit one.

What I don't know all too well is how they've been affected by the citadels. Are POSes still popular over citadels in wormhole space or are POSes only built as temporary stays until the Citadel is anchored? Is it really all that profitable, and what aspect of it is most profitable?

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Nazareth posted:

I've got wormhole questions.

The foreboding nature of wormhole space and the risk-reward factor of inhabiting one makes them a very enticing prospect for me. Might even start a Corp to inhabit one.

What I don't know all too well is how they've been affected by the citadels. Are POSes still popular over citadels in wormhole space or are POSes only built as temporary stays until the Citadel is anchored? Is it really all that profitable, and what aspect of it is most profitable?
Both POSes and citadels are used. Citadels have very few (no?) industrial capabilities at the moment, so you need a POS if you want to do industry stuff. Also, if you want to store capital ships in a citadel you need to spend 15b or so on a Fortizar, whereas a capital storage POS can be fitted out for a bill or so. However, for living out of and storing subcaps, citadels are waaaaaaay better than POSes. The ISK-making possibilities vary widely depending on what you're interested in doing. Farming combat anomalies efficiently will get you anywhere between 100m/hr in low-class wormholes to multiple billions per hour in high class space. Gas huffing can be around 100m/hr in high class space, and can be done AFK in a t1 frigate once you've cleared the initial NPC spawn. Dunno if ore mining is at all worthwhile, and haven't looked into industry at all really.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I have all t2 drone skills and all racials at 3, except amarr at 4.

In general for pvp, is it better to use the amarr for the 2% bonus? Or berserkers for reasons?

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

FranktheBank posted:

In general for pvp, is it better to use the amarr for the 2% bonus? Or berserkers for reasons?

Fairly sure drones are out of fashion in pvp atm, so whatever you want. Firing into your target's lowest resist will always be more damage than 2%.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I do the exports from Twitch to YT for EVE NT and sadly there's little I can do with the audio to fix it. Most of the cleanup work wouldn't fix it entirely either since most of it is on the streamer/hosts end it seems. :smith:

On a different note, I sort of dig this new EVE song they just put out.

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/eve-online-yc1187-theme-detached-from-time

I like all the ambient music and really am fine with the fact CCP shut down the jukebox but gave us Soundcloud since apparently EVE's audio stuff will give you a memory leak still.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 25, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
One day, I want to catch one of these...

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55270851/

But solo... and have them drop...

... then die omw to station.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just inject them as soon as you pick them up.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

I do the exports from Twitch to YT for EVE NT and sadly there's little I can do with the audio to fix it. Most of the cleanup work wouldn't fix it entirely either since most of it is on the streamer/hosts end it seems. :smith:

On a different note, I sort of dig this new EVE song they just put out.

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/eve-online-yc1187-theme-detached-from-time

I like all the ambient music and really am fine with the fact CCP shut down the jukebox but gave us Soundcloud since apparently EVE's audio stuff will give you a memory leak still.

This sucks, but it's quiet enough that I literally couldn't hear poo poo. Maybe just jack up the volume and just accept that the one guy is gonna be more obnoxiously loud?

The little I did understand before I gave up seemed like neat content - I've done AT practice and one NEO, and a middle range between 12 and 8 is a cool concept. Beyond that, interested in this season.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This sucks, but it's quiet enough that I literally couldn't hear poo poo. Maybe just jack up the volume and just accept that the one guy is gonna be more obnoxiously loud?

The little I did understand before I gave up seemed like neat content - I've done AT practice and one NEO, and a middle range between 12 and 8 is a cool concept. Beyond that, interested in this season.

Yeah it's pretty lame. I can only do so much but most of it is on the streamer's onus to get their poo poo sorted.

AT14 will be interesting given that they've made some changes such as Blood Raider ships not costing as much points as other faction ships, and the whole kerfuffle with the schedule.

I know we'll be doing EVE NT Championship pretty much right after the AT ends because originally that was the plan until the schedule hosed a lot of things up. Though unlike the AT it's 5v5 (iirc) and not about people coming up with ship fits and breaking the meta since we'll be using pre-designated fits making it more akin to Overwatch or Dota or whatever where you know what does what and what their strengths and weaknesses are with regards to the fits. Then after that we're looking at doing smaller scale stuff like a 1v1 invitational just to fill the off season with more content and easier to manage tournaments that don't take months to run (the whole invitational shouldn't be longer than just 2 days) but that's up in the air right now.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer

MorsAnima posted:

Fairly sure drones are out of fashion in pvp atm, so whatever you want. Firing into your target's lowest resist will always be more damage than 2%.

Drones in this game are like the summoner class in other games. Yes your Demonology Warlock CAN pvp....but probably should not.

In any case,

FranktheBank posted:

Solo drone boats can be lots of fun, even though as stated they are not really in style ATM.

However, for solo stuff drones are pretty bad unless you have the relevant skills to 5.

I use gal drones personally most of the time as my standard drones. But that is just me.

My main solo ship ATM is a vigilant. I use the drones strictly to supplement damage, most times I don't need them.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I tend to fly things that can use drones as supplemental damage, just to put all those perfect skills to use. i'll probably just stick with amarr, since there doesnt seem to be a consensus for pvp.

I should give stratios a shot...

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

justsharkbait posted:

My main solo ship ATM is a vigilant. I use the drones strictly to supplement damage, most times I don't need them.

I'm pretty sure the drone applied dps would be insignificant in a vigilant. It's a pretty cool space boat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Lost my rattle in a stupid 8/10.

Was MWD'ing to grab the loot from the boss. Ended up dropping too low on cap to MJD out of their webs + disrupts. It was great.

Luckily I kept a spare.

Never 8/10.

• Locked thread