Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

TMMadman posted:

What are your suspicions?

While I have some slight pings about AR because of my own paranoia, I'm not really taking them seriously because I haven't been reading AR as scum. He's been pretty open with his thoughts and that's usually a pretty good town sign.

I think it's much more likely that scum is somewhere in the group of Tomm/Moat/Retro.

Honestly the main reason I think he is scum was from that bandwagon tunnel on d1 where he cried real baby tears and lived through the lynch. And now, here he is pushing a lynch on Tobbs and finding any little reason to lynch him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

also my fake claim is survivor who wins if it gets to day 5

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

like I'll provide most of the details of my role just to establish I'm survivor and not SK because it's so fiddly

First off I'm PIZZA ALIGNED which is the best part of my role

my win con is that I must give 3 slices of pizza and survive

I only have four slices of pizza so I guess if I fail twice for whatever reason I can't win anymore??

Then there's 3 boons w/ a 30% chance that are modestly bad, reasonably strong, and weird.

Then there's a 10% chance my boon is actually just annoying and bad.

this role is like my personal nightmare

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

Honestly the main reason I think he is scum was from that bandwagon tunnel on d1 where he cried real baby tears and lived through the lynch. And now, here he is pushing a lynch on Tobbs and finding any little reason to lynch him.

Except that my reasons are far from little.

1. He is an anti-town 3p, because it's the only way for his wincon to make any sense.

2. He was given a fakeclaim, which means his actual role is something town would not find favorable.

3. He just lied to try and defend his own fakeclaim

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

1. He is an anti-town 3p, because it's the only way for his wincon to make any sense.

2. He was given a fakeclaim, which means his actual role is something town would not find favorable.

Tell me how I lied.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Tell me how I lied.

Unlike dongsbot, who admitted to his fakeclaim before ever using it, you hid your actual role from us until the pressure was on.

Plus, he was actually a survivor, just not with the wincon his fakeclaim provided.

You lied to us about your claim, dongs did not.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Absurd Revolver posted:

Unlike dongsbot, who admitted to his fakeclaim before ever using it, you hid your actual role from us until the pressure was on.

God forbid someone not immediately self claim their role and ruin the rest of the game for themselves.

tmm & ar for scum team calling it now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i like how aa gives me fake claims for survivor

Except survivor was his fake claim.

His role was basically a pizza delivery man who had to make it to end game.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

how do u know that the truant is town?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

God forbid someone not immediately self claim their role and ruin the rest of the game for themselves.

tmm & ar for scum team calling it now.

I even stated dongsbot hosed up by full claiming.

However, I think it is indicative of a difference in how the two players handled their roles. dongsbot thought his role was innocuous enough that he could full claim and survive, while Tobbs knew his role would get him lynched and pushed his fakeclaim.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Absurd Revolver posted:

Plus, he was actually a survivor, just not with the wincon his fakeclaim provided.

You lied to us about your claim, dongs did not.

He used his fake claim first.

I actually think one of the scum is the truant, and if not, they'll never reveal their flavor now anyways.

Why are you so upset that people don't want to lynch the 3P AR?

Who has the most to gain from lynching 3P two days in a row?

Only scum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Absurd Revolver posted:

You forgot:

4. He used a dayvig that he claimed was given to him, and that claim was refuted by someone with an uncountered claim of Inventor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not opposed to lynching someone other than Tobbs today, but it would have to be one of Tomm/Moat/Retro. Probably in that order.

I don't really think AR is scum and felt his frustration on D1 was real because it gets irritating to catch early heat several games in a row.

I think Tomm might not be a bad choice if we don't lynch Tobbs. He didn't give us any thoughts overnight and I've been wondering if he killed Kash to try to slow the game down some and because of the lovely way Kash attacked him on D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

You forgot:

4. He used a dayvig that he claimed was given to him, and that claim was refuted by someone with an uncountered claim of Inventor.

Also this is a huge reason to lynch Tobbs because the person he shot was confirmed town.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Jedit posted:

You forgot:

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I'm scum who made up two fake claims with two different alignments to hide the fact that I had a dayvig, rather than hold onto it and claim, uh, that I'm a townie with a dayvig?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

Also this is a huge reason to lynch Tobbs because the person he shot was confirmed town.

Slash would have joined the scum team.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the issue this game is that there's so much setup speculation. we have no idea what the setup is. we dont know what or how aa set up the game. sure, a flavor lyncher that has to lynch scum is more balanced, but we, as players, have no way to know. likewise, the setup speculation also diverts away from, you know, finding scum. like we should be, which is the way we actually win. scum want us to speculate about the setup instead of actually trying to kill them.

so here are some of my thoughts on trying to find some gosh darn scum

AR

-was a little baby that :qq:'ed to survive day 1 lynch
-pushing the adahn lynch to kill a relatively unthreatening 3p (something scum RLY wants esp if it moves the game into lylo)
-claims role d1 with not too much pressure, then says he failed n1. kinda odd, hard to tell if genuine or not.

tomm

-no real posts, can go either way. hes lurked scum and town b4 i think.
-some1 saying "slash slash" doesnt make me think theyre scum just an fyi
-lurker jerk

adahn

-lied about his role
-possible fake claim as flavor lyncher? idk flavor claim
-shot copped teen guy imgay
-prob just a stupid 3p flavor lyncher tho.

jimson

-a few randy votes like on tmmadman and ar that kinda come out of nowhere.
-has been kinda inconsistent w/ posting but the randy votes generally have some explanation to them. idk if i agree w/ them but i think they come from a town place.
-my lover so i cant vote 4 him.

rf

-disappeared
-same thing as tomm basically. hasnt posted so theres no way to find out their alignment
-lurker jerk

im good w/ an ar, tomm, or rf vote myself. the lurkers can be scum and well prob have to deal w/ them eventually.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

why r u believing imgay, noted shitposter and person who doenst take mafia seriously at all

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

flerp posted:

how do u know that the truant is town?

Because why would scum ever reveal their flavor in a flavor heavy game.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I actually think one of the scum is the truant, and if not, they'll never reveal their flavor now anyways.

Only scum.

They never would have revealed it in the first place you knob, it's a bad argument you keep dredging up.

I'm upset because we killed a good 3p who could have helped us win, and yet you, a 3p who can only be anti-town, is still alive.

Also, Town gains from getting a guaranteed hostile 3p out of the way before they can meet their wincon, and maybe once you're dead we can actually talk about lynching scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

flerp posted:

why r u believing imgay, noted shitposter and person who doenst take mafia seriously at all

Because Kash said as much too, they were both town, and the only way for them to reveal that info would be to say "If one of us dies make sure you kill the other one."

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Only scum.

Dongs fake claim is basically his real claim because most 13 player games don't last more than 5 days anyway.

And town stands to gain from lynching a 3P because we can't be sure of your wincon. There's always the possibility that you're lying about being a 3P and you are actually scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You don't know that at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Because Kash said as much too, they were both town, and the only way for them to reveal that info would be to say "If one of us dies make sure you kill the other one."

Ahhh yes, the word of noted truth teller Kash.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's much more reasonable that Kash and imgay, football star and head cheerleader, were not in a masonry and that Kashuno made it up.

Also imgay voted for Kashuno and said he would turn into a killer if she died as a joke.

His flavor name of 'Slash' after I shot and killed him is just there to be funny.

No chance that he would have turned into a slash-aligned player or self-aligned serial killer.

Nope.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's much more reasonable that Kash and imgay, football star and head cheerleader, were not in a masonry and that Kashuno made it up.

Also imgay voted for Kashuno and said he would turn into a killer if she died as a joke.

His flavor name of 'Slash' after I shot and killed him is just there to be funny.

No chance that he would have turned into a slash-aligned player or self-aligned serial killer.

Nope.

You didn't know his name was Slash until after you killed him.

And yes, I'm basically positive that his name was Slash as a joke since he was the star QB. Plus it's a nice little reference to star NFL QB Kordell 'Slash' Stewart. His nickname was Slash because of his scrambling and running abilities.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the more u know

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Tmm why do u hate Kashuno soooo much lol

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

You didn't know his name was Slash until after you killed him.

And yes, I'm basically positive that his name was Slash as a joke since he was the star QB. Plus it's a nice little reference to star NFL QB Kordell 'Slash' Stewart. His nickname was Slash because of his scrambling and running abilities.

We'll see I suppose.

You're playing with fire, though.

Ask yourself again why AR wants a 3P lynched so badly and why he has no interest in finding the 2-3 scum who are in this game.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not sure how to respond to this.

I'm scum who made up two fake claims with two different alignments to hide the fact that I had a dayvig, rather than hold onto it and claim, uh, that I'm a townie with a dayvig?

No, I'm saying you were given the dayvig by a scum Inventor. Consider: I'm Town and give boons, Dongsbot was 3P and gave boons. Logically it makes sense that there's also a scum player who gives boons, no?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tmm why do u hate Kashuno soooo much lol

I just like needling him. Although I'm pretty sure he's scum irl

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I just like needling him. Although I'm pretty sure he's scum irl

Oh I mean no loving doubt. I know him irl. Super scummy

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if u play mafia ur scum irl

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We'll see I suppose.

You're playing with fire, though.

Ask yourself again why AR wants a 3P lynched so badly and why he has no interest in finding the 2-3 scum who are in this game.

I really don't like how you keep insinuating town is going to lose if we lynch a claimed 3P.

We don't actually know for a fact that you're a 3P and we only have your word about your wincon. Thats why it's almost always a safer play for town to remove any 3P sooner rather than later.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jedit posted:

No, I'm saying you were given the dayvig by a scum Inventor. Consider: I'm Town and give boons, Dongsbot was 3P and gave boons. Logically it makes sense that there's also a scum player who gives boons, no?

I think it is a weird decision for AA to give people in the game access to the mod doc. But hey to each their own right?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

TMMadman posted:

I really don't like how you keep insinuating town is going to lose if we lynch a claimed 3P.

We don't actually know for a fact that you're a 3P and we only have your word about your wincon. Thats why it's almost always a safer play for town to remove any 3P sooner rather than later.

Let me work this out for you then.

I made up two fake claims, a 1-shot rolecop/alignment cop and a Principal with a governor ability who wants to lynch the truant to hide the fact that I'm scum with a dayvig that I used to shoot someone who said he would turn into a killer if his mason buddy died.

Also, AA, why would you give a 3P alignment cop/rolecop as a fakeclaim? I can't use it, you know.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jedit posted:

I don't think dongs actually gave boons. I think he just gave a slice of pizza to people as a fun diversion to the Survivor role.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Are we still arguing about lynching Tobbs? I'm just gonna say that I think it's a dumb idea, just like I thought lynching Dongsbott was a dumb idea.

Also, just for Tobbs, would it bother you if I called you Adahn? I know you vcanged your name, so I don't want to be disrespectful, but I always type Adahn first because that's what you were originally named.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
and honestly adahn1986 hasnt earned the right to be anti-dongs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Li Dawny posted:

Are we still arguing about lynching Tobbs? I'm just gonna say that I think it's a dumb idea, just like I thought lynching Dongsbott was a dumb idea.

Also, just for Tobbs, would it bother you if I called you Adahn? I know you vcanged your name, so I don't want to be disrespectful, but I always type Adahn first because that's what you were originally named.

I only changed it because someone was able to use it to find personal information about me which made me uncomfortable.

• Locked thread