Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That butt is goddamn ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

bring back old gbs posted:

I see where Cavil's ab sculpts went...

:chanpop:

Wait, is that an actual picture?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alexeythegreat posted:

Wait, is that an actual picture?

Yeah there is a link on the last page.

BrianWilly posted:

Seems like the the whole suit-fitting must have happened really quickly after Comic-Con -- like, the day after or something -- because here is Hoechlin in-costume, on set, doing the thing.

They probably released that promo picture so soon because they knew there was gonna be candid shots of the filming today.

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jul 29, 2016

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mooseontheloose posted:

Feels like I'm wearing nothing at all...

Stupid Sexy Superman! :argh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

muscles like this? posted:

Anaconda status: wanting some

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I don't care what anyone said, I saw this and immediately started going :neckbeard:. Kara just looks so proud to be hanging out with ~her cousin~

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

muscles like this? posted:

But enough about Melissa Benoist.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

BrianWilly posted:

Seems like the the whole suit-fitting must have happened really quickly after Comic-Con -- like, the day after or something -- because here is Hoechlin in-costume, on set, doing the thing.

They probably released that promo picture so soon because they knew there was gonna be candid shots of the filming today.

Okay, that looks better than the promo picture.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SuperTwink!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
This is so disconcerting

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I kind hope that they start talking about their adventures using some kind of euphemism. Kara get's a call at work and "Oh, hey Clark! Last night was fun, it's been years since we went... bowling..."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Couldn't they find a 6 foot actor?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This is the dumbest thing you've found to complain about.

Okay that's not true. But it's pretty dumb.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Rocksicles posted:

Tyler Hoechlin is supposedly 6'. He just looks short compared to Mehcad Brooks, who is 6' 4".

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

Aphrodite posted:

It's so dumb I thought it was a SA joke I didn't understand or something.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

It was more an observation. If you'd prefer, we could talk about his butt some more...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

His officially listed height is 6 foot. It's just Mehcad Brooks is well over that. They kind of accidentally shot themselves in the foot with him because they didn't originally expect to cast a Superman so they didn't have to worry about getting someone taller than him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So are people just mad that the white superhero isn't as tall or handsome as the black sidekick?

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
I'd rather a twist where we find out Jimmy is actually superman

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I should clarify; it's disconcerting to see a Clark and Jimmy that's so different from how they're usually depicted, but I'm loving this different dynamic. I mean, it's kinda mean to say, but right off the bat it's easier to see two guys becoming best friends without the massive size and age difference, and Clark is gonna come across a lot less paternalistic while Jimmy James comes across less like a groupie. This show generally does character interactions really well so I'm really looking forward to what they cook up for this.

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/supergirl-blogs/supergirl-films-scenes-for-the-season-2-premiere-featuring-tyler-hoechlin-as-superman

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

I should clarify; it's disconcerting to see a Clark and Jimmy that's so different from how they're usually depicted, but I'm loving this different dynamic. I mean, it's kinda mean to say, but right off the bat it's easier to see two guys becoming best friends without the massive size and age difference, and Clark is gonna come across a lot less paternalistic while Jimmy James comes across less like a groupie. This show generally does character interactions really well so I'm really looking forward to what they cook up for this.

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/supergirl-blogs/supergirl-films-scenes-for-the-season-2-premiere-featuring-tyler-hoechlin-as-superman

I know they were going to include this, but still he does the Superman thing! :neckbeard:

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Superman goes through a lot of buttons.

I hope they make a joke about how good he is at sewing them back onto his shirts. :cheeky:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

hollylolly posted:

I hope they make a joke about how good he is at sewing them back onto his shirts. :cheeky:
They're purely decorative and all of Superman's shirts velcro shut.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

FactsAreUseless posted:

So are people just mad that the white superhero isn't as tall or handsome as the black sidekick?
I think it's mostly the idea that Superman is the end-all be-all of Superheroism and should appear as some kind of massive, towering platonic manhunk.

Though with the inherent racism of some...

hollylolly posted:

He has Super Sartorialism to help with that!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superman created velcro to save on shirts, but he's such a good guy he gave the idea to some Swiss guy to develop.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In the second image the height difference doesn't look so great, so you can probably assume that the first one Tyler Hoechlin was stepping off a curb or something like that.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
Or they are shooting to minimise how it looks. The waist heights look different.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe Clark uses his special shrinking powers to make him appear to be a midget when he's not in the suit.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
I hope that Clark turns out less All American Hero and more Total Doof like Kara is. Just two super-cousins bumbling about trying to do good.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

GigaPeon posted:

I hope that Clark turns out less All American Hero and more Total Doof like Kara is. Just two super-cousins bumbling about trying to do good.

See when I think Superman that's kinda doofy I want a quality remake of Greatest American Hero now.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mortanis posted:

See when I think Superman that's kinda doofy I want a quality remake of Greatest American Hero now.

Whatever happened to Fox doing something with GAH? I remember it blowing up one day last year and then poof....

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Silly Burrito posted:

Whatever happened to Fox doing something with GAH? I remember it blowing up one day last year and then poof....

Someone probably watched the original series.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I want a World's Finest series set in the Arrow verse starring a new Greatest American Hero and The Cape. Cone on, CW, the time is ripe.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So Stephen Amell posted a picture of himself and Tyler Hoechlin on the set of Supergirl. Hoechlin is visibly shorter than Amell and having met and shook Amell's hand and going off that memory, our new Superman is loving short as hell.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 5, 2016

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

So you're saying Amell is not the 6'1" listed in the back of his baseball card? Wouldn't be the first time so,embody lied on one of those.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
The pic in question. Supes is probably 5' 7" at best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm 5'8" Amell did not tower over me, he's probably a hair under 6' tall. So yeah, Hoechlin's boots probably put him just over my height. I've also met Colton Haynes and that dude's the same height as me.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Not to nitpick the picture but Amell is standing a smidge closer to the camera. Do we have to complain about Tyler's height? I mean, you can if you want, but I hear he isn't even going to do his own flying, they're going to make it appear like he's flying through tv magic. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn't even have laser eyes!

#notmysuperman

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Aug 5, 2016

• Locked thread