Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
It's less than 10b to inject into a carrier, to cyno my rattle around. Is there any skills I need, that are not on the carrier requirements, to be cyno'd around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FranktheBank posted:

It's less than 10b to inject into a carrier, to cyno my rattle around. Is there any skills I need, that are not on the carrier requirements, to be cyno'd around?

jump drive calibration 5

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

jump drive calibration 5

So JDC3 isnt enough?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
unless you know exactly where you're jumping to/from forever and know jdc5 doesn't make your life easier, no it is not enough

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

FranktheBank posted:

So JDC3 isnt enough?

No, not even close. JDC 5 or get out.

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

No, not even close. JDC 5 or get out.

But, but, my fun per hour Kyle, what will I ever do?!?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

FranktheBank posted:

So JDC3 isnt enough?

JDC IV is the absolute minimum. You shouldn't even get into a cap without it.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Thanks all. I'll def get JDC4, as it's only 1 more injector. I'll probably slow train 5, and maybe inject it if it seems like I am missing out on a lot.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

FranktheBank posted:

Thanks all. I'll def get JDC4, as it's only 1 more injector. I'll probably slow train 5, and maybe inject it if it seems like I am missing out on a lot.

You will end up hating yourself with only jdc4. There are already a ton of chokepoints created by phoebe for JDC5 caps, JDC4 caps have it even worse. If you want to use it purely for logistics within one region, you can probably maybe get away with 4, but for any sort of combat use 5 or gtfo.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
also cant you still use carriers to facefuck your way through level 5s? might as well inject combat skills into that fucker and make real money

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

also cant you still use carriers to facefuck your way through level 5s? might as well inject combat skills into that fucker and make real money

Yup, though the setup is :effort: it still works fine if you follow the guides, you'll probably lose fighters for a while till you figure it out but even so still making money

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Booley posted:

You will end up hating yourself with only jdc4. There are already a ton of chokepoints created by phoebe for JDC5 caps, JDC4 caps have it even worse. If you want to use it purely for logistics within one region, you can probably maybe get away with 4, but for any sort of combat use 5 or gtfo.

Let him hate himself. If he's relying on other people for cynos, expect fleets to leave your stupid rear end behind. This is why we say 'JDC V or get out'.

You could get away with less before they nerfed jump ranges, but at this point ranges are so miserable that I wouldn't bother trying to get away with less.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Let him hate himself. If he's relying on other people for cynos, expect fleets to leave your stupid rear end behind. This is why we say 'JDC V or get out'.

You could get away with less before they nerfed jump ranges, but at this point ranges are so miserable that I wouldn't bother trying to get away with less.

if it is for JF only JDC IV is doable, can be better thru. for dread/carrier or even super? no loving way JDC IV subhuman

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011
In the north you could get by with JDC 4. With a 5 cyno trip at jdc 5 ,it's gonna be painful

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
i see you people don't really read that guy's posts, cause he's talking about moving around a rattlesnake with it so calm down

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
It's literally just gonna be a bus for my rattle to get from DED to DED with a cyno from my alt. I am far too terrible at this game to actually fly a carrier. I mean, eventually I'll have skills to use it, but that's a future problem. For now, I would be surprised if it is ever on grid with anything other than a station/cit.

Also, I have no idea what lvl 5s are (or 4 or anything for that matter).

Side story: Yesterday a Tengu hotdropper caught me on the gate to enter a site. I was in the site before, saw probes on dscan, docked up. He bookmarked the gate and left system. I waited 10-15 minutes and undocked and headed back. He popped back into system and warped to gate and scrammed me before I could get aligned.

I said my good bye to my 1b+ ship. and just deployed drones to fight him in the mean time. After 3-4 minutes of him orbitting me, he took off. He was only at 50% shields. I assume his friends were either afk or just out of range, because he ended up dropping someone 2 jumps away about 10 minutes after. Lucky me.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

FranktheBank posted:

It's literally just gonna be a bus for my rattle to get from DED to DED with a cyno from my alt. I am far too terrible at this game to actually fly a carrier. I mean, eventually I'll have skills to use it, but that's a future problem. For now, I would be surprised if it is ever on grid with anything other than a station/cit.

Side story: Yesterday a Tengu hotdropper caught me on the gate to enter a site. I was in the site before, saw probes on dscan, docked up. He bookmarked the gate and left system. I waited 10-15 minutes and undocked and headed back. He popped back into system and warped to gate and scrammed me before I could get aligned.

I said my good bye to my 1b+ ship. and just deployed drones to fight him in the mean time. After 3-4 minutes of him orbitting me, he took off. He was only at 50% shields. I assume his friends were either afk or just out of range, because he ended up dropping someone 2 jumps away about 10 minutes after. Lucky me.

Smart money's on forgetting the Liquid Ozone to light the Cyno if he was orbiting you.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Smart money's on forgetting the Liquid Ozone to light the Cyno if he was orbiting you.

Amazing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FranktheBank posted:

Mission levels, 4s are normal poo poo you get everywhere, 5s are the "group" missions that have solo capital blitzable ones that if you know what you're doing and have everything set up right make shitloads of money

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

no, he forgot that you can't drop into deadspaces, even the entry gate

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

TimNeilson posted:

no, he forgot that you can't drop into deadspaces, even the entry gate

Oh... I knew you couldnt inside. I didn't know outside was fine. How far away from gate does someone have to be?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Paging Namamai/Ullerm.

Read your SA forum PM for something I wanted to pick your brain over.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
FAXes w/ captail remote armor/shield/capacitor emission = :frogout: or do you just need racial carrier V, JDC V, etc.?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Mission levels, 4s are normal poo poo you get everywhere, 5s are the "group" missions that have solo capital blitzable ones that if you know what you're doing and have everything set up right make shitloads of money

Confirming this the rewards and loot are pretty huge for level 5s. I know some guys that run these on a regular basis.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

FranktheBank posted:

Oh... I knew you couldnt inside. I didn't know outside was fine. How far away from gate does someone have to be?

I believe it's any grid in the site, but I haven't tested it so I could be wrong about that

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

TimNeilson posted:

I believe it's any grid in the site, but I haven't tested it so I could be wrong about that

So, the people that I know are solo blops tengus, with no fleet behind them, are no threat to me in my DED site?

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

FranktheBank posted:

So, the people that I know are solo blops tengus, with no fleet behind them, are no threat to me in my DED site?

Well, there's nothing stopping them from probing you out, leaving system, cynoing their fleet back on the gate to your system, and then jumping back and tackling you for their fleet

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Right, but then there would be more than 1 red and I would just warp off. Thats good to know.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

FranktheBank posted:

Right, but then there would be more than 1 red and I would just warp off. Thats good to know.

The fleet doesn't come in until after you're tackled

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
I mean, the tengu would have to probe me down, come bm site, then either leave system or jump away and cyno, then come back.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

FranktheBank posted:

I mean, the tengu would have to probe me down, come bm site, then either leave system or jump away and cyno, then come back.

You're basically safe from a cov cyno in a ded. That's not how they'd get you. Dscan immune recons would be initial tackle, the rest would jump into system right after.

Unrelated - This makes me feel like the edgy 15 year old cool guy and it's great. I thought it'd be long dead by now, turns out it's a really capable ship.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I just finished reading Empires of Eve, and had a question about Executive Outcomes (EXE). They were originally allied with BoB, and then later joined Mercenary Coalition in the Tortuga coalition. I remember them years later in Cloud Ring during the CFC's civil war, and they sided with the nothern part of the CFC against TEST and the Honey Badger Coalition. Why was EXE invited to join the CFC in the first place if they had been allies with BoB?

I'm hoping time makes this appropriate for the chill thread, but if not I'll move it to the thread of D posters.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ynglaur posted:

I just finished reading Empires of Eve, and had a question about Executive Outcomes (EXE). They were originally allied with BoB, and then later joined Mercenary Coalition in the Tortuga coalition. I remember them years later in Cloud Ring during the CFC's civil war, and they sided with the nothern part of the CFC against TEST and the Honey Badger Coalition. Why was EXE invited to join the CFC in the first place if they had been allies with BoB?

I'm hoping time makes this appropriate for the chill thread, but if not I'll move it to the thread of D posters.

They switched leadership and their new leader was an SA goon that had not previously been associated with goonfleet, but it made it easier to have them side with us.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

PSA for people moving caps using a citadel chain: There's an exploit out there that allows someone to give you a PvP timer (or refresh your existing one) while you're tethered on a citadel. It doesn't break the tether, but it does prevent you from safe-logging, giving them the time they need to bump you off the citadel.

I've reproduced it and reported it; until the exploit is fixed, you probably shouldn't use a citadel cyno to move capitals if there's any hostiles in local.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Goatman Sacks posted:

They switched leadership and their new leader was an SA goon that had not previously been associated with goonfleet, but it made it easier to have them side with us.

Mo was in charge even when they were fighting us. So no.

The better answer is if we refused anyone with past BoB/pet history our coalition would probably shrink by half (again lol) overnight. Because you know RIP Amok. We're more likely to blacklist a goon who hosed us over than an old enemy, because an enemy is just that, a dude to shoot/be shot by. A buddy fucker is always a buddy fucker.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 1, 2016

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Rhymenoserous posted:

Mo was in charge even when they were fighting us. So no.

The better answer is if we refused anyone with past BoB/pet history our coalition would probably shrink by half (again lol) overnight. Because you know RIP Amok. We're more likely to blacklist a goon who hosed us over than an old enemy, because an enemy is just that, a dude to shoot/be shot by. A buddy fucker is always a buddy fucker.

Speaking of "kick amok," who let pooki bear back into Amok

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ullerrm posted:

PSA for people moving caps using a citadel chain: There's an exploit out there that allows someone to give you a PvP timer (or refresh your existing one) while you're tethered on a citadel. It doesn't break the tether, but it does prevent you from safe-logging, giving them the time they need to bump you off the citadel.

I've reproduced it and reported it; until the exploit is fixed, you probably shouldn't use a citadel cyno to move capitals if there's any hostiles in local.

:getin:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

ullerrm posted:

At least I never stole anything :colbert:

Did I miss some sort of hat tip clue to the proper bribe for a ticket on the dozer train?

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 1, 2016

Service Charge
Jan 22, 2004
I'm not cheap

ullerrm posted:

He was never actually gone :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ploots
Mar 19, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Why use citadels to move caps anyway? I fell out of the moveop fleets after the first seven hours and moved myself on stations. Once I was out of black rise I didn't even have to replace my cyno ship.

• Locked thread