Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Safety Dance posted:

It's also true that some women show their pregnancies less than others. When my wife was doing her OB/GYN rotation, she met some women that she wouldn't have pegged for pregnant without looking at their charts.

Baby havin' probably counts as enough of a life change that you can add your fiancee to your health insurance without waiting for open enrollment.

She has a new job that actually provides health coverage, but since we aren't sure how long that will last now we are considering other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Free baby? Sweet.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

:allbuttons: That was not what I was expecting to be the cause of 50+ new posts. Congrats and wow! Congrats though - babies are pretty awesome and we recently pulled the goalie ourselves to see about pulling off a hat trick. With our history we pretty much just need to make sure that my wife just washes our clothes in the same batch and she'll probably get pregnant.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
:stare:

Holy gently caress dude, congratulations! I hope Jr. is OK, despite the surprise.

If you don't mind me asking, how does a couple go nine months without at least a clue that the woman is preggers?

Edit: read your answers, drat. Well, congratulations!

bolind fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 2, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Wave of babies!

Trump will be displeased

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

In non-baby news, last week Amazon had Samsung 250gb SSDs listed for $29. It had to be a price mistake, since the seller was Sur La Table and it was an older drive. I bought 2, just to see what happened. The deal was over within a few minutes. But I checked later and it was available to purchase again, so I said "what the hell" and ordered 9 more.

So, I paid just over $300 for 11 SSDs... but then shipping showed a package weight of more than 17 pounds in total. I checked with them and they said:

quote:

Unfortunately there was a glitch that caused the SSD card to show up on our page, when it was actually for Balsamic Vinegar. It shows that you ordered the SSD cards on your end, but on our end it shows the vinegar. For this reason, I have refunded you all charges, $250.38. You will be receiving 9 bottles of the Balsamic Vinegar, as they have already shipped out from our warehouse. Please feel free to keep or donate them, we do not need them back.

They all showed up today. :wtf: am I going to do with 11 bottles of high-end balsamic vinegar? :laugh:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

meatpimp posted:

In non-baby news, last week Amazon had Samsung 250gb SSDs listed for $29. It had to be a price mistake, since the seller was Sur La Table and it was an older drive. I bought 2, just to see what happened. The deal was over within a few minutes. But I checked later and it was available to purchase again, so I said "what the hell" and ordered 9 more.

So, I paid just over $300 for 11 SSDs... but then shipping showed a package weight of more than 17 pounds in total. I checked with them and they said:

They all showed up today. :wtf: am I going to do with 11 bottles of high-end balsamic vinegar? :laugh:
That reminds me, I saw this post on the Festiva forum the other day:

A Festiva Guy posted:

I ordered Timken part number 222238 (Input Shaft Seal) from RockAuto ($2.65)
and I found this on my front porch today. When I opened it I found Timken part number 22238EJW33.
It's a 77 pound spherical roller bearing. Looks like I might be able to sell it and buy a new Fiesta:).
Well maybe a used Festiva... Looks like there is a similar one on Amazon for about $850
Anyone know what it really fits?

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

meatpimp posted:

:laffo: That's awesome. Obvious answer is keep a couple and give the rest to friends/family/coworkers/donation places.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

That reminds me, I saw this post on the Festiva forum the other day:

You'd think someone would have noticed something when the shipping was like $200.

Now that's a bearing.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

88h88 posted:

Free baby? Sweet.

Initial purchase price is low but don't let that fool you. Maintenance costs skyrocket real fast.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Holy poo poo someone I work with just got drive-by sprayed with an automatic BB gun at work on the side of a main road. Gotta love my city.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

i'll take one bottle!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Maksimus54 posted:

spog posted:

Bloody hell. Your mind must be in a whirl.

Congrats.

Wait, is this a thinly disguised 'I just had sex (9 months ago)' post?

Ah yeah... No.

Boy have I got some news for you then.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Holy poo poo someone I work with just got drive-by sprayed ....

That's low, even for y-...

Super Aggro Crag posted:

with an automatic BB gun at work on the side of a main road. Gotta love my city.

:ohdear:

Hope they're ok man.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

ssjonizuka posted:

That's low, even for y-...

:ohdear:

Hope they're ok man.

BB gun won't do a whole lot of damage unless it hits the eyes.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Congrats on the surprise baby, I'm no wombhaver so feel free to correct me here, but isn't there some sort of biological monthly reminder that "hey you're not pregnant, nice work"?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Ether Frenzy posted:

Congrats on the surprise baby, I'm no wombhaver so feel free to correct me here, but isn't there some sort of biological monthly reminder that "hey you're not pregnant, nice work"?

If she's on and off various birth control, that can significantly jack / eliminate cycles.

But from what my wife said when she was pregnant, those damned things do move around a lot inside...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

Drink the vinegar, meatpimp.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

SCA Enthusiast posted:

BB gun won't do a whole lot of damage unless it hits the eyes.

i'm not saying you're wrong, as I wasn't there and don't know the circumstances so I won't speculate too much. I would just like to point out I have a pellet in my chest that was shot from an air rifle. drat near had to have surgery to get it out when it happened. fortunately, no notable health impact, but even past that... PTSD is a hell of a thing.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Powershift posted:

CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

As if I'm not sour enough already.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

meatpimp posted:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

If she's on and off various birth control, that can significantly jack / eliminate cycles.

But from what my wife said when she was pregnant, those damned things do move around a lot inside...

When I lived in VA, my neighbors wife had a kid and they never knew she was pregnant. Doctors told her she had some gastrointestinal issue which was why she kept getting sick. She was 5'6 or so and didn't weigh over 125.

Just randomly popped out a kid.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

ssjonizuka posted:

i'm not saying you're wrong, as I wasn't there and don't know the circumstances so I won't speculate too much. I would just like to point out I have a pellet in my chest that was shot from an air rifle. drat near had to have surgery to get it out when it happened. fortunately, no notable health impact, but even past that... PTSD is a hell of a thing.

Airsoft (which is probably what it was) yeah, won't really do much damage most likely. An actual BB/pellet gun though can definitely gently caress you up.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

So this tastes way better than it has any reason to

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:secondpost:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

opengl128 posted:

Airsoft (which is probably what it was) yeah, won't really do much damage most likely. An actual BB/pellet gun though can definitely gently caress you up.

That would make considerably more sense (re: Airsoft). Me, jumpy? no! why do you ask!?!? Please don't turn out the lights, I don't like the dark...

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Just randomly popped out a kid.
That's pretty specific.

Hello thread. Here is my cat Mal, with my youngest checking out the MJ. She's kind of funny, always digging through the trash and rather bite-y. I've never heard her purr, but she growls a lot.

Anybody else own a growling cat?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Oh my god raccoons are the best :3::3:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Trash panda! :kimchi:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Maksimus54 posted:

Neither of us wanted kids until we had done some more travelling and felt ready. I am so excited though, I didn't really think I wanted kids but holy poo poo I have one now and she can't go back

Relevant thread title?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Seat Safety Switch posted:

You'd think someone would have noticed something when the shipping was like $200.

Now that's a bearing.

Having received my fair share of incorrect items I have concluded that most order pickers in warehouses are either stupid or don't give a poo poo.

I received the wrong item 3 times in a row from a small online shop earlier this year. I had rung up each time and told them they had sent me the wrong one and that I did actually want the £3 adaptor that I was paying for and ordering rather than the £35 cable they kept sending me. I spoke to the company owner twice, added order notes saying 'YOU KEEP SENDING THE WRONG ITEM I WANT <part number>'. They never managed to send the correct item.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

meatpimp posted:

do a burnout

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
What is AI's opinion on the FRS/BRZ? I like the idea of them and kind of want one, but at the same time I think they are stupid.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
My opinion is that they are a fun toy. I'd never own one because the satisfaction of fitting a huge load in my normal hatchback is too powerful a feeling.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
They're like a mini M3 in terms of balance and grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and making it do exactly what you want, but they're slow as balls.

Upside is you cannot get into trouble with them unless you're a hamfisted driver. I love driving the poo poo out of my uncle's, but that's because I can flog it on endlessly un-patrolled rolling and twisting smooth asphalt roads in the rural midwest. I feel like it'd be a disappointing in-city car though.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

MustardFacial posted:

What is AI's opinion on the FRS/BRZ? I like the idea of them and kind of want one, but at the same time I think they are stupid.

Great with a supercharger? That's my opinion.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

McTinkerson posted:

You definitely want two. One to lift and one to drop. Off-road and track duty.

I fully endorse this plan.

Books: currently reading "Javelin Rain" by Myke Cole, a book in a series that tries to treat magic reappearing in the modern world realistically. I read for entertainment and escapism, mainly, almost exclusively SF and F.

House/stuff: even when I lived in a tiny apartment, I still had too much stuff. At that time, mainly books, comic books, and tools. Now I have WAY too much stuff. I don't consider myself materialistic - they are "things" - however, most of my stuff also represents a measure of my time and effort earning that thing. In that respect, they have value to me. My response to assholes who break or lose my stuff and blow it off as "it's just things, man" is and has always been: "fine. Give me back the X time I spent earning that thing or the money to pay for it." I've been lucky in a lot of respects, walked into deals, freebies, etc., but I've earned almost everything I have, one way or another.
So I could get rid of a lot of stuff if I needed to, but I'd prefer not. That stuff makes my life comfortable, and easier to deal with, in the case of tools, computers, and such. Other stuff i just literally or figuratively toys, of course.

88h88 posted:

Today I learned that a space disco version of the Star Wars music exists. I now have the vinyl on order as even just that album art is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3kV3Icm28

Anyway I learned that exists because of this live performance by Moullinex a while back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLK42eB71xo

I don't even like Star Wars.

Wow. I grooved to that first one back in 1979.

No new car stuff, but my neighbor down the street is apparently shedding stuff from his garage. I picked up a 3/8" B&D VSR drill (corded), a Dremel disc/belt sander, and a Task Force electric power washer. They all work fine. The belt and disc on the sander look unused, but the belt separated because it rained on them a little before I got them.
I wish the sander were larger, but, free is difficult to argue with.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Dagen H posted:

Relevant thread title?

Added to Sept shortlist :v:

meatpimp posted:

I've had and been around Audi/VW cars for decades and yeah, they have some... quirks.

But my brother has an MKV GTI and was having some intermittent problems with his driver's door not unlocking. Looked up the procedure for replacement of the door actuator -- Step 1: Remove OUTER DOOR SKIN :stare:

Shoulda bought a Saturn, the door skin just unscrews from the rest of the door. :haw:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

He's okay. There are six marks on his leg that are bruised up but nothing crazy. Still a big deal as he had to file a police report and poo poo. Little ghetto shitheads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

On paper I really should love them (I'm the first to say you don't need any amount of power for a car to be enjoyable) but they're a little bit too much style over substance for me. Also I'm bitter and dislike most new cars.

• Locked thread