Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Boo. I've been so broke the past few months that I haven't been able to do much with my friends this summer. Just found out they all booked a camp site for a few weekends from now. I wanted to go but they are at max cap already. Another weekend alone by myself. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
It seems i am the only average sized human being itt

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

fridge corn posted:

It seems i am the only average sized human being itt

We await the next thrilling update.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Weight chat:

I was 6'2" and 145# from approximately 13 until I turned 30. I ate (drank) pretty much whatever I wanted, however much I wanted and would never gain weight. At some point after my 30th birthday, I started gaining weight. I got up to 250# before I even realized it. I'm 38 now and hover in the 195 - 205 range pretty consistently. Losing weight is a real challenge (I'd like to get down to 175-185 range). My extra weight is pretty evenly distributed, so you'd never know I needed to lose weight - I don't have a gut or excess flab in any one spot.

Rhyno posted:

So it looks like I did crack a weld on this thing.

Hopefully I can find somebody locally to reweld this sucker for cheap.

That's a subpar weld and I would be on the phone with the manufacturer and/or the store that sold it

IOwnCalculus posted:

I now get why people hate millennials. I think this officially makes me old but I don't care.

Sitting at dinner with my almost-4-year-old, a couple of college age kids sit in the booth directly behind us. After ten minutes of them reading off all of their hilarious Pokémon names like "Gloopy gently caress" and calling the girl who brought them food a "dumb ho", I told them to shut the hell up. Response?

"Why are you using harsh language?"

This resonated with me because I had almost the *same*exact*scenario with a boomer a few months ago (not the pokemon part but 50-60 year old adults acting like idiots in public). It's like my generation (X'ers) made the same exact mistakes that our grandparents made raising the boomers. And now we're trapped between two generations of insanity.

(play me a violin, it's my turn to be the victim :laffo:)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Cage posted:

We await the next thrilling update.

Im also quite good looking

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok thanks now don't post again. :thumbsup:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fridge corn posted:

Im also quite good looking

:toxx:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I apologize if it was my comment that started weight chat.

In an effort to change subject I am roasting a chicken for tea. :v:

Also I just started reading the long cosmos this morning, I think that's the last Pratchett I haven't read, that makes me sad.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Cakefool posted:

I apologize if it was my comment that started weight chat.

In an effort to change subject I am roasting a chicken for tea. :v:

Also I just started reading the long cosmos this morning, I think that's the last Pratchett I haven't read, that makes me sad.

...you can brew a chicken?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I think that's called soup.

Speaking of soup, I ordered Chinese food last night, and I'm hella looking forward to Chinese leftovers for lunch. Hot and numbing szechuan peppercorns all the way!

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

*blows off dust*

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
I made a half gallon of chicken broth a month ago and froze it. I should do something with that.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Tea is dinner, unless you are posh in which case it's tea (the drink) and cake. :britain:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

fridge corn posted:

Let's all be ageist and denounce a group of people based on stereotypes and anecdotal evidence :waycool:

ok, I will.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno thinks I'm fat but I'm not :colbert:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

leica posted:

Exactly what a fatty would say.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

:smith:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hug it out guys

:glomp:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

ssjonizuka posted:

Bahaha haha no. My older sister is still heavily reliant on my parents, whom are now retired. As is my younger sister. Older is 40. Younger is 34. I'm the only financially independent one of the bunch. wakeup call progress!

I keep telling my daughter, currently 14, that she needs to expect to move out at 18, but realistically, I'm betting she won't be out for a while unless she suddenly grow some independence glands or something. I hope it's not because I'm a bad parent.

On being fat, I'm 6'2", 287 lbs. Down from 295 earlier in the year, which is OK, I guess. I don't drink enough for that to make a huge difference. My problem is I really like food, and work in (sedentary) IT. Targeting about 215, given my (wide) bone structure. I ain't never been small. Will be 47 in September. At least I haven't hardly gained in the last 5-10 years. Just hovered right below 300 all that time.

Elmnt80 posted:

Holy poo poo there is one thing I definately hate about working at a parts store. On average, once every month or two we get some chick insaying their boyfried damaged or removed some component on their vehicle. Normally it is something simple like a gas cap or a broken mirror. This months was a lady whose "soon to be ex" in her words took her radiator cap and put it in her dryer. She had run all the coolant out of her radiator, so I filled it, bled the system and threw the new cap on. Hopefully she doesn't have more damage, but its a dodge v6 and that rad was bone dry.

Sometimes its an ignition coil or spark plug wire, but I have to wonder what the gently caress goes through that chuckle fucks mind as he pulls something like that.

Well, it's probably something along the lines of "you think you don't need me? Who's going to fix THIS for you?"

some texas redneck posted:

I'm probably gonna sweat 10 pounds off before the end of next week.

Top floor apartment: never again. Especially poorly maintained top floor apartments. I'm gonna have to pick up a window unit for my bedroom so I can at least sleep in semi comfort.

No poo poo. The marginal-for-the-house-size AC in my home is not keeping up with 102F. Got a 5000BTU (I think? Way bigger than needed for a 10x12 room) window unit in the bedroom, though. 75F nights make for better sleeps.
According to my Nest, AC's been running... a lot. 10 hours is the least it's run, after the rain last week. 12-14 hours is more usual. Leaky 50-year-old house, too-small AC, may need a charge...

CommieGIR posted:

I'm more worried about my teeth than my weight.

Dental Insurance barely covers anything, its ridiculous.

Can confirm: Dental insurance is far worse than general health insurance. Mine knocks almost everything down by 50%, but only covers a max of $3500, which is pitiful.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Darchangel posted:

Can confirm: Dental insurance is far worse than general health insurance. Mine knocks almost everything down by 50%, but only covers a max of $3500, which is pitiful.

The only real reason I keep paying for dental insurance is for the negotiated prices on the services, because yea, the coverage itself is pretty poo poo.

Eye insurance is the same way.

What loving imbecile decided that your teeth and vision aren't important to your health and shouldn't be part of your health insurance?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Locator posted:

What loving imbecile decided that your teeth and vision aren't important to your health and shouldn't be part of your health insurance?

The one that wanted more of your money and paid the politicians to make it so?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Darchangel posted:

I have a tooth at the back of my mouth that is slowly disintegrating due to a cavity, and I can't save it because a root canal would still mean $2000 in expenses for me.

I'm going to have to go with an extraction, not looking forward to it :smith:

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

CommieGIR posted:

I have a tooth at the back of my mouth that is slowly disintegrating due to a cavity, and I can't save it because a root canal would still mean $2000 in expenses for me.

I'm going to have to go with an extraction, not looking forward to it :smith:

Ugh, that sucks. Not quite as bad -but in a similar vein: I go to a periodontist 3-4 times a year. For the past...4 years. Usually about $130 out of pocket a visit. Add any extra services and it just balloons. And some old fillings are breaking down, so..here comes some more work on top of that! hooray! Insurance is awesome!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Goober Peas posted:

That's a subpar weld and I would be on the phone with the manufacturer and/or the store that sold it

We got it second hand from my boss for $100 two years ago. He paid $500 or so in 2009 when he got it. I'm not terribly pissed other than the workout disruption. My friend already offered to fix it.

leica posted:

meatpimp posted:

Exactly what a fatty would say.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ssjonizuka posted:

Ugh, that sucks. Not quite as bad -but in a similar vein: I go to a periodontist 3-4 times a year. For the past...4 years. Usually about $130 out of pocket a visit. Add any extra services and it just balloons. And some old fillings are breaking down, so..here comes some more work on top of that! hooray! Insurance is awesome!

Even worse, the Dentist simply shrugs and says "Here, apply for this CareCredit credit card that will charge you 28-34% annual interest if you don't pay it off in the first 12 months!"

Thanks Dentist!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

The new M6 GT LeMans cars are really quiet. I want my loud and obnoxious Z4's back. :(

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Maksimus54 posted:

I know I'm not some poster anyone knows, but I just had the biggest life changing 12 hours of my life and I have to share somewhere. My fiance just had a baby at home at 5:15 august 1st. We did not know she was pregnant. She delivered it herself. The house looks like a scene from the Walking Dead. I'm a dad and I have had no notice and holy poo poo guys we don't even have a name picked out jesus christ
Holy poo poo dude! Glad mom and baby are doing well, what did you end up naming the kid?

Powershift posted:

The good news is, quite soon, cummins is going to start selling the fix for both the RX8 and the FRS/BRZ as a crate engine.

Can the RX-8 6 speed handle 385ft/lbs?
Wouldn't a 2.3L Ecoboost from the FoRS be a better match?

MustardFacial posted:

RX8's are ugly.

[edit] when I say "I'm going to gently caress up this next RX-7" I mean this:

LSx FD best FD.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Aug 5, 2016

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

CommieGIR posted:

Even worse, the Dentist simply shrugs and says "Here, apply for this CareCredit credit card that will charge you 28-34% annual interest if you don't pay it off in the first 12 months!"

Thanks Dentist!

Yeah, the interest rate on CareCredit is loving close to usurious (t.b.f., though, so are most credit cards that aren't exclusively for the wealthy that don't actually need credit cards, but I digress). That being said, I'm really happy that I have mine. I've always been able to pay it off before the year is up, my vet takes it as well, and just having it and keeping it below 25% utilization at any given time has massively helped my credit rating (which means getting a root canal actually helped me buy a house...).

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Darchangel posted:

Mine knocks almost everything down by 50%, but only covers a max of $3500, which is pitiful.

Is that an annual limit or lifetime? $3500 annually is very generous for a dental policy, I've never had one that covers more than $1500/year and that includes a two year stint working at HP - so it's not like my entire employment history has been with companies that offer lovely benefits.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Geoj posted:

Is that an annual limit or lifetime? $3500 annually is very generous for a dental policy, I've never had one that covers more than $1500/year and that includes a two year stint working at HP - so it's not like my entire employment history has been with companies that offer lovely benefits.

Annual. You're basically prepaying your bi-annual cleanings and x-rays, in exchange for a significant discount on anything else up to the annual limit. Same with most eyecare plans.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Enourmo posted:

6'5" and a svelte 350 pounds here. :v:

I was lifting weights and losing weight for a while, got down to 260 from my previous max of 295, but the depression that had been pushed away by the exercise endorphins finally came back with a vengeance and I fell off the wagon, gained back all the weight plus 1.5x more.

Turns out I gotta get my brain working before it can make my muscles do things! Who knew?

I hear you. I've got an inch and 15lbs on you, and depression is absolutely a bitch. I'll be on the wagon and in the gym fine for a while then something dumb will happen, my broken-rear end brain will catastrophize, and I'll drink away all of my progress.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

The new Roadkill is back to form. Shades of General Mayhem, but a Challenger this time. There were only 3 or 4 breakdowns in this episode.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Was there someone on here who could get cheap LM4/LM7/L33 engines due to rusted out 00's era vehicles? I think it was Kastein, but I can't remember. I was offered the perfect shell to swap a 5.3 into...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

the spyder posted:

Was there someone on here who could get cheap LM4/LM7/L33 engines due to rusted out 00's era vehicles? I think it was Kastein, but I can't remember. I was offered the perfect shell to swap a 5.3 into...

Don't forget the LQ9. I've seen Escalades cheap enough to pull the motor for *activities* and still be able to part it out for the purchase price.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

No poo poo. The marginal-for-the-house-size AC in my home is not keeping up with 102F. Got a 5000BTU (I think? Way bigger than needed for a 10x12 room) window unit in the bedroom, though. 75F nights make for better sleeps.
According to my Nest, AC's been running... a lot. 10 hours is the least it's run, after the rain last week. 12-14 hours is more usual. Leaky 50-year-old house, too-small AC, may need a charge...

5000 BTU is one of the smallest window units you can get - generally claimed to be good for up to 150 sq ft.

Still haven't received my Nest from Reliant, but I'd probably have a stroke if I did see how much it was running. It's a 2.5 ton unit for a 752 sq ft (advertised, it measures out to a bit bigger) apt, so if anything I'd think it would have been on the big side. Leaky ~35 year old apartment with mouse poo poo for insulation. Thank gently caress it's a relatively new a/c - maintenance said it's only about 5 years old.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Olympics! :toot:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Yay supporting a corrupt corporation that is essentially supporting the downfall of a country

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

iwentdoodie posted:

Yay supporting a corrupt corporation that is essentially supporting the downfall of a country

Well hello there, Mary Sunshine.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

Well hello there, Mary Sunshine.

Sup.

Also there's no point to watching on the west coast. The east coast is already on a 1-3 hour tape delay from live...and nothing airs on the west coast until three hours again after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

iwentdoodie posted:

I, for one, am enjoying watching everyone get mugged. I am also enjoying watching the Russian athletes shoot everyone.

• Locked thread