Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

what happened with that rly hamfisted seeming George Clooney movie where he's like a newscaster who gets held hostage live on air or whatever? Anyone know what I'm talking about here

Money Monster. It was really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Aww yes Bad Money. Great great movie, Clooney's "Big Money Guy" was a role of a life time.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Money Monster. It was really funny.

Ahhhh thank you, that & The Boy are 2 I gotta watch bcuz I appreciated how all-in their trailers seemed to go & everything people said about them afterward seemed to roll with that.

E: well, I heard less about Money Monster but "Really funny" basically confirmed what I was lookin for

Hat Thoughts fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 5, 2016

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Why the hell hasn't there been a DB Cooper movie yet, anyway?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope none of you are arachnophobic.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I love The Story of Anansi!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh, I had almost forgotten AHS existed.

Time for Ryan Murphy's Disappointing Ride!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Oh wow, and it's even based on Free Fall. Of course it's a comedy.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

We all have FPUs installed down here.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, I had almost forgotten AHS existed.

Time for Ryan Murphy's Disappointing Ride!

I dunno, he played it safe last season and most of it worked. I liked Season 5 about as much as the first so I'm cautiously hopeful he'll not gently caress it up again. He's 3 for 5 so far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Season 5 lost me really early, though part of that may have just been me being burned so bad by Freak Show that I was like "Whatever." Also the first episode ended on Hotel California, which was so on the nose, it took me out of the show.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

King Vidiot posted:

I dunno, he played it safe last season and most of it worked. I liked Season 5 about as much as the first so I'm cautiously hopeful he'll not gently caress it up again. He's 3 for 5 so far.

I think I'm gonna look back very fondly on AHS, whatever its obvious and numerous flaws.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I think I'm gonna look back very fondly on AHS, whatever its obvious and numerous flaws.

Even the worst parts of seasons 3 & 4 were entertaining enough that I kept watching, and they had their inspired moments. I loved Kathy Bates in Season 3 and Twisty/Dandy in Season 4, enough to make up for the horrible everything else.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Twisty and Dandy were loving great, but they got rid of Twisty way too drat soon.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Season three was bad but at least usually entertaining. Four was a complete bore throughout.

If you stopped there I don't blame you,but five was actually really,really good. I remember thinking "wait, it's episode seven and it hasn't gone to poo poo yet?! Yo Murphy, you feeling okay?"

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Calico Heart posted:

Season three was bad but at least usually entertaining. Four was a complete bore throughout.

If you stopped there I don't blame you,but five was actually really,really good. I remember thinking "wait, it's episode seven and it hasn't gone to poo poo yet?! Yo Murphy, you feeling okay?"

Yeah, season 5 got good again. It wasn't perfect on the level of Asylum, and it ended weird, but it wasn't nearly the tragic mess that was Freak Show. I really think that Jessica Lange leaving gave the show a breath of fresh air that it needed, as it had gotten too focused on making her the star as she played the same role from season to season, with maybe a slightly different accent.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

I hope none of you are arachnophobic.

AHS kills it with their posters every year.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What's the new one about, if not Slenderman?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Poorly composited spiders apparently

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

It's not officially confirmed yet, but set photos show at least part of the season is about Roanoke.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Roanoke is the dumbest loving thing

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Babe Magnet posted:

Roanoke is the dumbest loving thing

Hey maaaan. A whole town just disappeared (in a time where people moved all the time based on resources and there was not census to track people).

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Hey maaaan. A whole town just disappeared (in a time where people moved all the time based on resources and there was not census to track people).

Well I heard the white settlers intermarried with the Natives around there. How horrifying!!

But seriously I would be all over Roanoke based horror mysteries if The Rake was somehow involved. I'm a sucker for cryptids.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

next season is going to be a period piece set during the mysterious 1664 disappearance of New Amsterdam, and the startling, unexplained appearance of some place called New York

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Babe Magnet posted:

next season is going to be a period piece set during the mysterious 1664 disappearance of New Amsterdam, and the startling, unexplained appearance of some place called New York

Season 6 Episode 13 shocking finale: Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'll be moving onto S4 but I hope it gets better.

The asylum was hokey but entertaining. The witches season was loving trash.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

season 7 the crew takes a cross-country trip only stumble into the conundrum of where all the Carls Jrs went, and what their connection to this strange yet familiar Hardees restaurant is

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Istanbul was Constantinople!
/

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Vintersorg posted:

I'll be moving onto S4 but I hope it gets better.

The asylum was hokey but entertaining. The witches season was loving trash.

Just FYI Coven was pretty much universally regarded as the best season.

I really liked Hotel because they've clearly given up, embraced the trash, and are making a show that's tonally identical to one of my favorite horror movies, the silly remake of House on Haunted Hill, but replace everyone with gay caricatures and Lady Gaga.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought Asylum was good all the way through, but most seasons start to lose steam at the end. I couldn't finish Hotel after the drilldo ghost showed up though. That was... that was just too much.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Even though I never got into the show, those posters are just great.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ruddiger posted:

I thought Asylum was good all the way through, but most seasons start to lose steam at the end. I couldn't finish Hotel after the drilldo ghost showed up though. That was... that was just too much.

The great thing is that he shows up in the first episode and then basically vanishes for the rest of the season aside from like one or two scenes. Just like the minotaur in 3, the aliens in 2, and and the infantata in 1.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

AHS is a great concept executed badly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A poster to give racist cops nightmares.

This is the end. This is, my friend, the end.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wait I thought Garry Marshall died.

edit: co-stars a Realdoll, third from the left.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Aug 9, 2016

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The MSJ posted:

A poster to give racist cops nightmares.

Nice.

The MSJ posted:

I'm heartbroken. I was hoping they'd make these forever so once every 3 years I could get high and watch an insane lovely movie directed by a 5 year old.

This series holds a special place in my heart.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna see Anderson's RE fanfiction starring his wife as his OC go, noooo.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Disappointed that they're copying The Hunger Games here.

Also, when did Mila Jovovich turn into Captain Janeway?

What is this, "Lysistrata" for supporters of gun control?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Season 6 Episode 13 shocking finale: Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople.

Noooooooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Season 14 of AHS, one of these characters is DB Cooper, or maybe all of them???