Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tippis posted:

Eh. It's only a challenge because of how buggy Paris is in terms of being detected. Getting people out of the room is fairly trivial, except for the random risk of someone in the parking lot spotting you. :(

I think this problem only occurs if thrown object sound lures are used- coins, wrenches, etc. Not 100% on it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Discendo Vox posted:

I think this problem only occurs if thrown object sound lures are used- coins, wrenches, etc. Not 100% on it though.

That's just it: no-one is 100% on it, although there seems to be some kind of connection. That just makes the whole thing even more unreliable. I've had it happen without the use of lures of any kind and I've had the exact same scenario play out differently two times in a row even though I used coins on both occasions.

I've just written off Paris as wholly unreliable as far as touching corpses go — unless it's an escalation with a strict “hide bodies” rule, I just let them be and if they're found then so be it.
:sigh:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

ParanoidInc posted:

Followed the prick around for like 30 minutes until realizing I could just electrocute him for an easy accident. Went back up, grabbed the egg, out for SA. Fun target! Hope they keep having some extra objectives on them, makes it way more interesting.

This is how I did it. It was trivial once you did the recon. Easiest elusive SA so far for me. But still fun!

J-Spot posted:

That's the first elusive target I've failed. I did not realize that grabbing the egg would lock me in and prevent me from restarting. I switched out of a body guard disguise and forgot to ditch the gun on my back which caused everyone to go hostile.

I always dump any rifles I get off of bodyguards or other security forces. I never use them to shoot, and it's a giant hassle having to deal with them when switching disguises. I often pick up multiple of the same gun to stack/combine them into one item, then stuff them in a bin or drop them in a corner first chance I get.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

Tippis posted:

for some “what are you doing?!” hair-pulling frustration action, Giant Bomb has followed up their beta and episode run-throughs with a couple of competitive elusive target episodes.

There's really no better way of describing watching them play Hitman. They are both really awful at the game, but I'll say that Dan can at least make it enjoyable to watch where as Brad always spends the majority of his time blundering around just searching for the objectives, never standing still enough to really look for anything, then when it's time to act, he agonises about his decisions until whatever opportunity he had passes. Dan even chastises him about it in this vid.

The end of this video had him doing some of the dumbest poo poo I'd ever seen him do. he waited far too long to KO the guard, then when he did, he changed into the disguise BEFORE concealing the body. That, and earlier he did his trick of running while crouched despite having been seen.

At this point I'm not sure I want Brad to change. It's maddening watching him play, but there's something hilarious about how he never seems to learn anything and makes the same mistakes over and over again.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

I screwed up, doing recon running around just to find things and I accidentally picked up the Ivory White. That locks you in and you can't restart. I know it said that in the briefing, but I forgot.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

ParanoidInc posted:

What a prick. Started in the auction since I figured one of the targets would be up there. Noticed the two guards in Dalia's room, made my way into her bathroom from the attic and took them out using a sink and the radio to lure them in. Grabbed their clothes, was afraid that I'd have to take out Dalia to get the key to the safe but luckily as I was making my way downstairs using the drainpipe I grabbed it in the office. Followed the prick around for like 30 minutes until realizing I could just electrocute him for an easy accident. Went back up, grabbed the egg, out for SA. Fun target! Hope they keep having some extra objectives on them, makes it way more interesting.

I could use some help. It seems like the guy only steps in the puddle once- is that accurate? poison would be safer, and I could do it after securing the much trickier egg. Where is his glass?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Discendo Vox posted:

poison would be safer, and I could do it after securing the much trickier egg. Where is his glass?

It's a champagne flute sort of near the middle of the bar. He comes back to it every now and then, so you have a few chances to spot him drinking from it.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

Discendo Vox posted:

I could use some help. It seems like the guy only steps in the puddle once- is that accurate? poison would be safer, and I could do it after securing the much trickier egg. Where is his glass?

He always seems to go around the puddle, yeah, but since his bodyguard only ever stays up in the lounge it seems like it's safe to just trick him by throwing a coin into it since nobody else walks over it as far as I can tell. It seems like other people has success poisoning, but I personally never did- he went to the bar pretty often, but only to do some voice lines and walk away for me. Could have glitched or something, I'm not sure.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ParanoidInc posted:

He always seems to go around the puddle, yeah, but since his bodyguard only ever stays up in the lounge it seems like it's safe to just trick him by throwing a coin into it since nobody else walks over it as far as I can tell. It seems like other people has success poisoning, but I personally never did- he went to the bar pretty often, but only to do some voice lines and walk away for me. Could have glitched or something, I'm not sure.

Great point. I had the same problem in the bar- he appears to walk to one of several positions when he does the "hit on someone and gets rejected" routine. Since I don't need to hide the body from the accident for SA, it should be doable to do it last. The bugginess of the mission, coupled with how much is involved with the characters on the upper level, made it really tricky to pull off reliably.

Sidenote: I love what a colossal manchild this target is. :allears:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I can't even find the Broker. Someone point me in the right direction? :negative:

vv: oh. Found him. Was looking for the red dot.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Aug 6, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bogart posted:

I can't even find the Broker. Someone point me in the right direction? :negative:

People are trying to kill him with a puddle and by poisoning his drink.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
I cheesed the egg cause if you play Paris long enough you can start literally 1 room over with immediate access to the best most effective disguise.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

drat it, I have once again been screwed out of an elusive target SA by a spotted that seems to have come out of nowhere. This is getting really frustrating.

It looks like the Broker is scripted to drink from the glass after you poison it.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was lucky to survive this one. I shot him up when he took a phone call in the courtyard and went into combat. I was able to flee, change disguise from auction staff to cicada bodyguard, but got spotted while doing it or something and so had to make a mad crouch-dash the long way around the courtyard, climb up the pipe, fuss with disguises and abuse the wallhack feature to know who would recognize me as a bad guy. I was able to finally steal the Ivory White and get out of there but god drat.

I got 0 out of 5 Ort-Meyers for that performance.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Is the game locked at 60 FPS?

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
I know they said they were "one time only", but do you guys think they'll rotate through the Elusive Targets again when the season is over? I just got the game yesterday, missed so many :(

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

doctor iono posted:

I know they said they were "one time only", but do you guys think they'll rotate through the Elusive Targets again when the season is over? I just got the game yesterday, missed so many :(

I think it's more likely that they'll be released as DLC in chunks of four or if we're lucky, a bulk pack.

Either way, there's virtually zero chance that they are really "gone forever". It's a huge waste that will only hurt the game in the long run. There's no reason to abandon perfectly good content when it can be sold or used to sell more copies of the game later.

And I'm totally fine with that. I can't wait to play a "complete" edition of this game one day with all of those different contracts to play, replay and perfect.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

They've said there will still be opportunity to unlock the suits for awhile, but eventually it will be too late.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I just shot the Broker dead from one of the balconies above the garden party area and then took out one of the wandering top floor Security dudes for easy access to the safe, short, simple and as fun as ever.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Grabbed the egg, and then electrocuted myself to death trying to set up an accident. :negative:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
hosed it up after an hour of scoping the place out and planning a beautiful electrocution. 47 spent his final moments cowering on a ledge shooting rozzers with a machine gun until he ran out of bullets, dammit. :smith:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Finally got around to getting the Sapienza Trinity trophy. This game's so good. I'm so glad Hitman's really back.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I finally got Silent Assassin/Suit Only on The Idol, getting into Bosco's trailer and killing him was the easy part, getting back out again without being seen was the hard bit, there's at least 5 people who can see the trailer at nearly all times, I took out the guard who watches over the Demolition stage area previously and had to throw coins to get the woman who stands near him to face away so I could climb down the trailer ladder, it took nearly a dozen reloads but eventually I was able to escape unseen.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Best be a damned ghost in that hotel.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Judge Tesla posted:

I finally got Silent Assassin/Suit Only on The Idol, getting into Bosco's trailer and killing him was the easy part, getting back out again without being seen was the hard bit, there's at least 5 people who can see the trailer at nearly all times, I took out the guard who watches over the Demolition stage area previously and had to throw coins to get the woman who stands near him to face away so I could climb down the trailer ladder, it took nearly a dozen reloads but eventually I was able to escape unseen.

You don't have to go up down the ladder, you can vault the railing at the very top of the stairs.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hitman/status/762066133000163329

:rms:

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I hope they keep making seasons forever until I'm an old man and die. I love that you can play it as a puzzle game, a stealth action spy game, or a third-person shooter. Or some combination of all three.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trillhouse posted:

I hope they keep making seasons forever until I'm an old man and die. I love that you can play it as a puzzle game, a stealth action spy game, or a third-person shooter. Or some combination of all three.

even if you imagine the hypothetical of a complete season two, that's an insane amount of content to play with.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
I got busy with Real Life over the last few weeks, which has prevented me from playing the game as much as I would like to. I only did the bonus missions once each, and now episode 4 is about to drop? And I'm still not done cleaning out Marrakesh?? And oh yeah I haven't done an escalation contract in forever?!?

Help!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the Hitman Twitter just told me (I think) there weren't any ghosts, or they wouldn't say either way the answer was phrased somewhat vague

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:vince:

If they do 3 seasons this will definitely be the best Hitman game ever made.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
:captainpop:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

My, Bangkok is out.

(Go download it)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
the best part of this game is loading up a new level and trying to improvise your way through without knowing any of the disguises or where they have access to :allears:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Thief posted:

the best part of this game is loading up a new level and trying to improvise your way through without knowing any of the disguises or where they have access to :allears:

Yep! As much as I love SASOing a level the sloppy exploration of a first run can never be beat.

Map looks a bit small, so let's hope it's dense as gently caress.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mr Scumbag posted:

My, Bangkok is out.

(Go download it)

Bangkok trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6JZlOYfVj4

Looks good

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Well I know what I'm going to be listening to while playing this level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc_LRjlbTU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I liked it more when the clients were an open question / open secret

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Completed Bangkok, pretty sloppy with non target kills and getting spotted but I did take the two targets out silently.

I like some of the little things you get to do for two of the opportunities. Seems like this will be a fun level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Accordion Man posted:

Completed Bangkok, pretty sloppy with non target kills and getting spotted but I did take the two targets out silently.

I don't buy into this idea that 47 would just silently take out the target and leave no other trace he was ever there. I like to play him more like a T-1000. Clever and able to hide in plain sight, but ruthless if you're in his way.