Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

in the chilling season premier of AHS season 11, the gang happen across a horrifying scene of destruction: three pigs labelled 1, 2, and 4 are eating all of farmer Ray's crops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Nice.

I'm heartbroken. I was hoping they'd make these forever so once every 3 years I could get high and watch an insane lovely movie directed by a 5 year old.

This series holds a special place in my heart.

Has there literally ever been a movie subtitled "The Final Chapter" where it's actually been the last one?

Bonus points if Corey Feldman shows up in this one, too, though.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

kiimo posted:

Wait I thought Garry Marshall died.

edit: co-stars a Realdoll, third from the left.

I didn't know they made a white version of Chiraq

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Just FYI Coven was pretty much universally regarded as the best season.

By everyone who didn't see Asylum or Murder House and was just entertained by the sassy witches and one-liners, sure. :colbert:

(Coven is just when the show got popular. The tone is way different from other seasons and that attracted a ton of new viewers, but if you were already watching the show it was a pretty clear drop in-- God, I sound like a jerk. Never mind.)

(But Asylum is the best.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There is no good season of American Horror Story.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

:agreed:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
More like American Borer Story.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Nice.

I'm heartbroken. I was hoping they'd make these forever so once every 3 years I could get high and watch an insane lovely movie directed by a 5 year old.

This series holds a special place in my heart.

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

The MSJ posted:

A poster to give racist cops nightmares.

Ha, the Luke Cage showrunner actually said “When I think about what’s going on in the world right now, the world is ready for a bulletproof black man.”

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

10 Beers posted:

Ha, the Luke Cage showrunner actually said “When I think about what’s going on in the world right now, the world is ready for a bulletproof black man.”

Absolutely can't wait for all the hot takes from facebook racists over this and Black Panther.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

the only scenario in which I would willingly watch AHS is if my gf was into it and asked me to watch it with her

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

The MSJ posted:

I hope none of you are arachnophobic.

"AHS 6?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who is even left alive in that world?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

gently caress me, the Umbrella logo burned into the side of the building. It's art.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, if you don't love the RE movies for all the schlock, slo-mo action and melodrama then we can't be friends.

They are such great terrible movies.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have seen none of them but I appreciate that they exist.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

I have seen none of them but I appreciate that they exist.

It's a really bizarre series, mostly because every time a new movie starts they have to retcon the events of the last one. Like how the third one states that the world is covered in deserts but this is never mentioned again. Or how one movie ends with Alice getting an army of superpowered clones and then the start of the next movie is all of them dying.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Man, if you don't love the RE movies for all the schlock, slo-mo action and melodrama then we can't be friends.

I've only seen the first one. Do I just plow through in order, or should I skip ahead to a certain point?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I relaly liked the first season of AHS because the house is just so loving haunted and keeps getting more haunted and then the end they just all totally gently caress up it's great.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The family even actively makes the house more haunted. I love it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Allen Wren posted:

I've only seen the first one. Do I just plow through in order, or should I skip ahead to a certain point?

They get worse as they go on so watch them in order because if you see 5 then 2 will seem quaint in its badness.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Aug 9, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Light Gun Man posted:

I relaly liked the first season of AHS because the house is just so loving haunted and keeps getting more haunted and then the end they just all totally gently caress up it's great.
Wait, is it like X-Files but happening in one house or something? So they reveal there are ghosts in the kitchen and the episode is about ghost origins but then in the next episode it's time for the kitchen warewolf story but wait, we haven't been to the toilet yet?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Allen Wren posted:

Definitely watch them in order.
They won't make any more sense but it is important for the comedy value.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Palpek posted:

Wait, is it like X-Files but happening in one house or something? So they reveal there are ghosts in the kitchen and the episode is about ghost origins but then in the next episode it's time for the kitchen warewolf story but wait, we haven't been to the toilet yet?

Here I'll put the general concept of the season in spoilers just in case but

Basically a family moves into a new house, which has some curse or something on it, I forget, where anyone who dies in the house stays in the house forever as a ghost. And the ghosts kill or make the living people want to murder each other / themselves sometimes too. So basically everyone who's ever lived there keeps dying and becoming a new ghost in the ghost house to make more ghosts and the place is somehow never torn down and just keeps getting more ghosts.

and then mega lols end of season mega spoilers

the father finally decides he must heroically LEAVE THIS HAUNTED HOUSE! now that his wife and daughter are already house ghosts because he had a dramatic promise with the wife 5 minutes ago about it or something and as he's leaving the ghosts push him down the stairs and he crushes the baby when he hits the floor I think? and then they are all ghosts and it's like lol welp!

It's been awhile I might be remembering poo poo wrong but that's how it plays back in my head anyway

That said, I like the show a lot and Evan Peters in particular. Dude reminds me of a young Malcolm McDowell and I kind of hope he has a similar career? Or is that an insult to an actor maybe? Anyway they both are rad actors.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Inzombiac posted:

Definitely watch them in order.
They won't make any more sense but it is important for the comedy value.

Marathon them and live tweet your reactions in real-time.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Light Gun Man posted:

Definitely what I like so much about it is that it doesn't double down on anything. If you're bored with what they're showing you, wait five minutes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SciFiDownBeat posted:

the only scenario in which I would willingly watch AHS is if my gf was into it and asked me to watch it with her

This reminds me of that goon who watched a movie with his ex in a blanket fort and then it got horny real quick.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

*prepping my skull gun decals for the apocalypse*

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The gun is actually chrome, that's a reflection of her sweet skull wallpaper.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress me, the Umbrella logo burned into the side of the building. It's art.
Without knowing the franchise it looks like a burning iron cross. Or a templar logo I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just realized it's a January movie.

Nice.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sadly I couldn't find any movie posters with symbols burned into the side of buildings except for

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, it feels like it should be more of a thing, especially considering Dark Knight.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Inzombiac posted:

They're mostly just really boring. You could probably condense the entire hexology down to one movie of non-stop crazy action and Milla Jovovich cheesecake and it would be worth watching.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

MokBa posted:

"AHS 6?"

Always Hairy Spiders, 6

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

SciFiDownBeat posted:

sadly I couldn't find any movie posters with symbols burned into the side of buildings except for

Forgetting something?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Light Gun Man posted:

and then mega lols end of season mega spoilers

the father finally decides he must heroically LEAVE THIS HAUNTED HOUSE! now that his wife and daughter are already house ghosts because he had a dramatic promise with the wife 5 minutes ago about it or something and as he's leaving the ghosts push him down the stairs and he crushes the baby when he hits the floor I think? and then they are all ghosts and it's like lol welp!

oh it's sillier The father was gonna commit suicide but ghosts mommy and daughter tell him not to, but the vengeful ghosts were pissed about it so they pushed him off the stairs and use the rope he made to hang him over the chandelier or something to stage a real suicide. Evil Neighbour Jessica Lange steals the baby (the whole season she manipulated the mom to eat brains and get raped by Lange's dead ghost murderous son), and tells the media that the daughter ran off with the kid. the ending implies baby is a satan baby

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

oh it's sillier The father was gonna commit suicide but ghosts mommy and daughter tell him not to, but the vengeful ghosts were pissed about it so they pushed him off the stairs and use the rope he made to hang him over the chandelier or something to stage a real suicide. Evil Neighbour Jessica Lange steals the baby (the whole season she manipulated the mom to eat brains and get raped by Lange's dead ghost murderous son), and tells the media that the daughter ran off with the kid. the ending implies baby is a satan baby
Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen