Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

If this all goes right I really can't wait for the next few years of imsa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Super GT is 1/3 of the way through Round 5 at Fuji Speedway right now, viewable live on YouTube with RLM commentary. About to get back to green after a yellow safety car period.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

There's a GT86 dolled up to look like the Mach 5. Oh Super GT :japan:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Super GT at Fuji is worth a watch, great finish in GT300.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Mazda appear to have resigned to doing start and parks, now

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

CactusWeasle posted:

Mazda appear to have resigned to doing start and parks, now

Risi probably wish they'd done it with both cars now, crazy finish in GTLM

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

IMSA is a good as hell racin' series, y'all. That GTLM finish. :psyboom:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

CBJSprague24 posted:

IMSA is a good as hell racin' series, y'all. That GTLM finish. :psyboom:

Any video clips up yet?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

2016 continues to be an awful year:
http://www.motorsport.com/midget/news/bryan-clauson-succumbs-to-injuries-after-belleville-accident-805879/

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Probably the biggest death in sprints since Vogler :/

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

I hate this loving sport :(

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

GramCracker posted:

Any video clips up yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSHhs7-Vsw&t=9671s

I haven't heard this with Hindhaugh yet, either. I'm betting it's tremendous.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Imsa could just be gtlm and I'd be cool with it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSHhs7-Vsw&t=9671s

I haven't heard this with Hindhaugh yet, either. I'm betting it's tremendous.

Well.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I was a fan of the DP class when it was Rolex and was never interested in ALMS before the merger, but have slowly become more interested in GT under the IMSA merger, especially GTLM. That could be because the prototype class seems to be dying slowly, with only Action Express (formerly Brumos), WTR, and Spirit of Daytona of all teams (which, to their credit, have become a factor after being a backmarker in the 2000s) being the last teams standing from Rolex DP (Shank is still around, but they changed to the ALMS body style).

I remember when DP had 17-18 full-time cars in 2007 and 2008. Even a few years ago, they still had a bunch of cars and nearly all of them got a win (whatever year they last ran Indianapolis. 2013?).

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was a fan of the DP class when it was Rolex and was never interested in ALMS before the merger, but have slowly become more interested in GT under the IMSA merger, especially GTLM. That could be because the prototype class seems to be dying slowly, with only Action Express (formerly Brumos), WTR, and Spirit of Daytona of all teams (which, to their credit, have become a factor after being a backmarker in the 2000s) being the last teams standing from Rolex DP (Shank is still around, but they changed to the ALMS body style).

I remember when DP had 17-18 full-time cars in 2007 and 2008. Even a few years ago, they still had a bunch of cars and nearly all of them got a win (whatever year they last ran Indianapolis. 2013?).

Prototype goes through cycles where it dies and revives over and over due to cost. We're heading into one of those phases where prototype dies off. GT however is fairly steady and you have extremely skilled drivers in the GT classes as well.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Also keep in mind that we kind of average a rise of a GT1 or similar every ~2 cycles of Proto death, and this will be #2 in recent history so hello longtail GT and widebody Bentley :getin:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Also keep in mind that we kind of average a rise of a GT1 or similar every ~2 cycles of Proto death, and this will be #2 in recent history so hello longtail GT and widebody Bentley :getin:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
homologation is the wave of the future

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Wtb McLaren p1 gtr longtail

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I really like LMP1, but I wouldn't complain if GT1 style rules came back.

I too am excited for IMSA next year. It's gonna be like quasi GTP.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Guys!

https://www.gofundme.com/2j3n55t8

This needs to happen.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Group C or Group 5 please.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BTCC races from today if you're in the UK. I didn't know ITV did this but all the support races are on there as well. Race 2 was an absolute classic which everyone should see. Meanwhile in Formula 4....

https://twitter.com/LaborneRacing/status/764817790679252992

njsykora fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 15, 2016

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

The fucker deserved it though. The one he punched had just forced him onto the grass at the fastest part of the circuit and caused the crash.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Yeah, I just saw this on DVR the other day. That was definitely a thing.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/133212-imsa-four-dpis-in-the-pipeline

4 DPi's on the way. Cadillac and Mazda will run at Daytona, Honda and a mystery 4th sometime later. The mystery is apparently not the Mercedes AMG car everyone expected, which got canned. :(

E: Also Shank is out running a 'highly revised' ARX-04b.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Aug 17, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
:smith: the car

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Still have fingers crossed Merc-AMG will jump in. It would make sense.

There's also rumors of Penske looking to bring back a DPi program, and that would be very welcome news indeed.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I heard that Nissan was looking at thing or if they also canned development like Bentley and Mercedes have.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nissan canning a works motorsport program before they race would save some time.

More efficient than their BTCC/LeMans approaches of being loving awful then leaving mid season.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Nissan canning a works motorsport program before they race would save some time.

More efficient than their BTCC/LeMans approaches of being loving awful then leaving mid season.

Nissan just providing the toys but being hands-off seems to work. Or just slapping their name on it (see IMSA Camel GT, and also maybe the current P2 engine program?). And them doing everything only works in Japan, this is canon.

But yeah, and that's without realizing the year they probably should've won Le Mans (1991) was apparently plagued by in-fighting between the three different teams they had working on the cars? :psyduck:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

To be fair, that's basically what they did in BTCC, they just provided the tools to a bunch of loving idiots.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Blancpain GT on the weekend in Hungary. Join us in #wec

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Riso posted:

Blancpain GT on the weekend in Hungary. Join us in #wec

Super GT Suzuka 1000 kms on Sunday Japan time too. That'll be a good time.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
IMSA GT cars (no prototypes) and MX5 cup at VIR all this weekend too.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Plus V8 Supercars at Sydney and BTCC at Rockingham. Lotta racing happening this weekend.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
ELMS and GT3LMC at Paul Ricard too

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Please watch Super GT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Human Grand Prix posted:

Please watch Super GT.

Yeah seriously, Fuji was the first Super GT race I watched all the way through and that was a hell of a race.

• Locked thread