Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
For whatever reason, I could've sworn the Deku scrub could use sticks, but alas it was greyed out in the inventory. No idea why that thought persisted.

Same here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

glad I'm not the only one who hears that.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

FELD1 posted:

For whatever reason, I could've sworn the Deku scrub could use sticks, but alas it was greyed out in the inventory. No idea why that thought persisted.

Probably because they can use Deku Nuts, and it just seems logical to be able to use both?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Alkydere posted:

glad I'm not the only one who hears that.

I thought I was mad.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Ryushikaze posted:

Probably because they can use Deku Nuts, and it just seems logical to be able to use both?

Consider what could happen if Deku Link let a Deku Stick burn out.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
"GAGWEP"

What? They're turtles, they don't have to make sense.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

ChaosArgate posted:

It would be like equipping a human arm as a weapon.

I'm pretty sure that's been done in many games, but not this one.

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Drakenel posted:

I thought I was mad.

I- no, we aren't alone anymore.

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Obviously the turtles are connoisseurs of only the finest Video Board-games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW5m3ix8KuI&t=138s

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Wapole Languray posted:

Obviously the turtles are connoisseurs of only the finest Video Board-games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW5m3ix8KuI&t=138s

:stare: what

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

This. The turtles say Aflac.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

I remember it being a short lived YTP source a few years back

sharkbeard
Jun 24, 2013

Completely Unamused
"I can't figure out how to get beneath them. I'm going to stay in here where it's safe." *goes down inside a flower*

Fae sometimes you worry me.

Other than that I'm greatly enjoying this LP, your commentary is super fun as always.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

The good old practice of locking a player in a room with all the tools they need to get back out again. It's a shame that text-based tutorials have almost pushed these out of existence.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

sharkbeard posted:

"I can't figure out how to get beneath them. I'm going to stay in here where it's safe." *goes down inside a flower*

Other than that I'm greatly enjoying this LP, your commentary is super fun as always.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha :suicide:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have an ominous feeling about how the rest of this dungeon will go...

And this is the most straightforward dungeon in the game :shepicide:

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
Artix's rage and tears actually give me energy since his Fire Emblem LP days so I don't mind.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
The turtles are one of those enemies that make Majora's Mask feel less like a hack of Ocarina of Time. They were definitely a pain in the rear end for me the first time I ran into them too. I think they actually killed me. I hated being in Deku Link form so I ran around as Hylian Link and that's not the way to do it. Divebombing from below (flybombing?) never occurred to me. Like Fae, I also thought it was to dodge an attack and I didn't see the point when you had a shield.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

sharkbeard posted:

I thought she was actually being sly and knew what to do all along, but was just messing with us.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Popping out of Deku Flowers has a VERY wide hitbox. You can hurt enemies from quite a distance. It's one of the most effective attacks on a few types of enemies that will home in on the flower even if they can't hit you.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Artix posted:

Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha :suicide:

:allears:

The later dungeons are going to be amazing

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 19 - I'm Not Good At These Games

Continuing to play this game with a fever was probably not one of my best ideas

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

re: moths.

They usually keep themselves going in a straight line by keeping whatever light source is around at a constant angle. This is fine when said light source is really far away, like the moon, less so when its something that isn't; moths tend to spiral inwards towards lightbulbs and candles.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
God that room with the Boes still makes me nervous. I'm not scared of the dark by any means, but that room is very well done and very atmospheric.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I can definitely commiserate with Artix right now and I agree with his trepidation about the boss.

And the later dungeons.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Yes I get it I'm bad at games and have trouble with some stuff ha ha very funny but can we not? If the only reason you're watching this LP and posting in the thread is to make fun of me then I want nothing to do with you. I've had to deal with this poo poo in three different blind LPs now and I'm sick of it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Faerie Fortune posted:

Yes I get it I'm bad at games and have trouble with some stuff ha ha very funny but can we not? If the only reason you're watching this LP and posting in the thread is to make fun of me then I want nothing to do with you. I've had to deal with this poo poo in three different blind LPs now and I'm sick of it

I'm sorry, I really really didn't mean it that way. I'm not here to make fun of you, I'm here to watch you explore one of my favorite games of all time.

Ohgod I'm so sorry that came off that way please don't be mad at me. :ohdear:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

That wasn't specifically directed at you but there have been a few posts like this and I want to nip it in the bud right now. I don't make LPs to be made fun of. I can take some good natured ribbing but a lot of this just feels mean-spirited and I want it to stop.

I have known issues with depth perception and directions. I recorded this when I was sick with a fever and its the first dungeon in a game that has much more difficult dungeons than its predecessor, yes I am going to make mistakes. Lighten the gently caress up and let me make them, if you want to see it done perfectly either go watch a speedrun or do it yourself if you're that much better than me.

Oh and if watching someone not be good at a videogame actually makes you angry, seek counselling. That's not healthy.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh, I understand in many ways both gameplay and practical why Deku Link doesn't use them, just offering an explanation why someone might think Deku Link should be able to use both.

Nidoking posted:

It would be like equipping a human arm as a weapon.

I'm pretty sure that's been done in many games, but not this one.

Not as far as we know, anyways...

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

You can do it in Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld! Probably Dead Rising too, that seems like the kind of series that'd let you use a human limb as an improvised weapon

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I can't remember what game it is for the life of me, but I'm 95% positive I played a game where you can use a prosthetic arm as a weapon

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines has one in the very first area iirc.

Glaive17
Oct 11, 2012

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Pillbug
TF2 has the weapon for the Scout called the Unarmed Combat. It's a Spy Arm used like a baseball bat.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

It's not out yet but Breath of the Wild features reassembling skeletons that will pick up the arms of their skele-bros as weapons.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

ChaosArgate posted:

It's not out yet but Breath of the Wild features reassembling skeletons that will pick up the arms of their skele-bros as weapons.

And you can use them as weapons too.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

Obscure RPG Severance: Blade of Darkness allowed you to dismember humanoid enemies and wield their limbs as weapons.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There's a roguelike (IVAN?) with an area-based damage system where your limbs fall off if they get too damaged. You can then pick up said severed limbs and beat your enemies to death with them :black101:

Also, one positive thing about seeing someone go into this totally blind is the heavy use of the first-person mode to scout rooms out. It has this weird immersion effect for me, where if I was in a dungeon surrounded by poison water and huge fuckoff insects, I would totally look around in that methodical way every time I went into a new room.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
You can use at least two different arms as clubs in Planescape: Torment, one of them formerly your own! I think the description for the other one, which you can get really early in the game, was something like "You can use it to shake someone's hand at a distance or to deal 1d4 blunt damage." :allears:

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

God that room with the Boes still makes me nervous. I'm not scared of the dark by any means, but that room is very well done and very atmospheric.

Definitely agree. That's the one part of this dungeon I remembered even before rewatching it here.

edit: Oh, I never noticed in game that every stray fairy you get restores your health just like any other fairy! You got healed after beating a Skulltula that was holding one. It's a really nice bit of consistency.

Aithon fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 12, 2016

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008
In the Medievil games you're playing as a skeleton and your default weapon is your pulled-off arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

whitehelm posted:

In the Medievil games you're playing as a skeleton and your default weapon is your pulled-off arm.

That's the one! Thanks!

Man I haven't thought about those games in ages