Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?
Wani and Frightmare have both been added to the Rey de Voladores King of the Flippy Little Boys tournament. This means if we get another Nazmaldun team, Frightmare won't be on it.

Recent promos by Hallowicked have identified Kobald and Touchdown as "the worm" and "the wanderer" from his blog a while back, and states that "the betrayer" has yet to be brought into Nazmaldun's thrall. I'm guessing we'll get "the betrayer" identified at the August 21 show and then the HeXed Men team will be Icarus/Touchdown/whomever. Either Kimberlee or Heidi Lovelace will have 3 points by the end of the August 21 show, so we could see them cash in on Night 2 or 3, and Mustache Mountain is also sitting on 3 points, so they could cash in on the Campeones de Parejas on KOT weekend, too.

August 21 show card:
"No One's First, And You're Next"
3pm @ Wrestle Factory, Philadelphia

-Multi-Person Tag Match: Team Fire Ant vs Team Hallowicked
-Winner Has 3 Points: Princess Kimberlee vs Heidi Lovelace
-Campeonatos de Parejas Four-Way Double Elimination: N_R_G vs Los Ice Creams vs Devastation Corporation vs Moustache Mountain
-Who Is The King: Eddie Kingston vs Jakob Hammermeier
-Trios Match: Team Big Deal (Swoggle/Sloan Caprice/Rick Roland) vs The United Nations
-Grudge Match: Ophidian vs Hermit Crab
-Monster vs Barbarian: Abominous Rex (w/ Sidney Bakabella) vs Oleg the Usurper

Updated KOT Info
Labor Day Weekend @ Palmer Center, Easton, PA

Confirmed KOT Trios:
1. Team Sendai Girls - Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi
2. Team SHIMMER - Solo Darling, Crazy Mary Dobson, Candice LaRae
3. Team JWP - Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi
4. Team Original Divas Revolution - Jazz, Victoria, Mickie James
5. Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell
6. The Colony - Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant
7. The Warriors Three - Thunderfrog, Princess Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper
8. Team CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano
9. United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar of Moldova
10. Team Police Squad - Officer Warren Barksdale, Supercop Dick Justice, Bill Carr
11. The Batiri - Obariyon, Kobald, Kodama
12. Major League Moustache - Dasher Hatfield, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate
13. Team Big Deal - Big Deal Swoggle, Sloan Caprice, Rick Roland
(3 teams left)

Confirmed Rey de Voladores entrants (KOT Night 2)
- Aerostar
- Wani
- Frightmare
- Space Monkey
(4 flippy little boys left)

Confirmed Tag Gauntlet entrants (KOT Night 3)
- Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox)
- Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster
(8? teams left)

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Team Big Deal confirmed

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

And Moustache Mountain has declared they're free on August 21 and they have three points, so they want their title shot that day too, so the Campeonatos match has been made a 4-way double elimination match.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Jay 2K Winger posted:

And Moustache Mountain has declared they're free on August 21 and they have three points, so they want their title shot that day too, so the Campeonatos match has been made a 4-way double elimination match.

Time for Quack/Shane Storm to cash in their three as well I don't care if Quack's retired and Storm's wherever and they dropped that angle long ago pay it off dammit.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

C. Everett Koop posted:

Time for Quack/Shane Storm to cash in their three as well I don't care if Quack's retired and Storm's wherever and they dropped that angle long ago pay it off dammit.

They don't have three points anymore. When Quack took over as Director of Fun after the hiatus, he reset the points to zero, starting from "You Only Live Twice," the return-from-hiatus show.

Quack probably did that JUST to shut the door on the whole "Quack/Shane have three points" dangling plot thread, since Quack was retired and Shane was semi-retired.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

That always struck me as a huge blown opportunity when they were wrapping up the bdk storyline

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I can understand someone wanting to cash in their opportunity for a title as soon as possible, but turning a threeway into a 4-way? Doesn't seem like a smart decision.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Germansimp posted:

I can understand someone wanting to cash in their opportunity for a title as soon as possible, but turning a threeway into a 4-way? Doesn't seem like a smart decision.

Yeah, I thought for certain MM would instead say something like "We thought about making this into a 4-way, but we're patient men, and we will cash in when we're ready." Dev Corp wanting their shot I can understand, because they're big lunkheads that want the gold immediately if not sooner, but MM seemed smarter.

But :shrug:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Some guy named Space Monkey is confirmed for RDV.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

Some guy named Space Monkey is confirmed for RDV.

YESSSSSSSSS. The dude is practically made for Chikara minus some of his NSFW humor.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I was having a conversation with someone earlier about this but I realise that you folk that still like the product would probably know better.

Who was the weirdest fit for Chikara who worked for them? I mean acts that elsewhere absolutely did not fit the family entertainment vibe.

I can think of Necro and the Blk Out as two that stand out as sore thumbs, but is there anyone else I'm forgetting?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I was having a conversation with someone earlier about this but I realise that you folk that still like the product would probably know better.

Who was the weirdest fit for Chikara who worked for them? I mean acts that elsewhere absolutely did not fit the family entertainment vibe.

I can think of Necro and the Blk Out as two that stand out as sore thumbs, but is there anyone else I'm forgetting?

Sean Waltman. Work-style, he 100% fit, but character wise, not so much, he caught himself swearing a couple times and felt bad about it. Also, Iceberg. A 500 lb hardcore guy whose gimmick in NWA Wildside was that he admired people like Ed Gein and did things like choking out Hotsuff Hernandez with a coat hanger. And Sami Callihan, although "Yeah, Toast!" is one of the bigger laughs indy wrestling has ever gotten out of me. Intentionally, anyways.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 12, 2016

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Homicide shouldn't have worked, but calling Dasher "Pelota Man" and starting a "Tony Romo" chant was pretty great

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Skinty McEdger posted:

My memory sucks, but the first ones that come to mind are Cheech and Cloudy.

Also Necro going out there and wrestling as CP Munk (while it was probably a thousand degrees in that outfit) always endeared me to his appearences in Chikara. Now having Brain Damage come in for King of Trios seemed like a horrible idea at the time, and he was cursing up a storm after they lost their match at Trios.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
A surprising number of death match guys have worked Chikara. Necro, Pondo, Toby Klein, Bull Pain, Brain Damage, Ian Rotten. If you wanted to be flexible Drake and Sexxxy Eddy.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sean Waltman. Work-style, he 100% fit, but character wise, not so much, he caught himself swearing a couple times and felt bad about it. Also, Iceberg. A 500 lb hardcore guy whose gimmick in NWA Wildside was that he admired people like Ed Gein and did things like choking out Hotsuff Hernandez with a coat hanger. And Sami Callihan, although "Yeah, Toast!" is one of the bigger laughs indy wrestling has ever gotten out of me. Intentionally, anyways.

Gonna need context here because it sounds great.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Gonna need context here because it sounds great.

Young Lions Cup VI weekend (2008), Sami was one of the YLC contenders. After he was eliminated, he was put into a trios match on Night 3, teaming with Steve 'The Turtle' Weiner and Ultimo Breakfast against F.I.S.T. (Icarus, Gran Akuma, Chuck Taylor). Breakfast would later pick up the Dasher Hatfield gimmick, but as Breakfast, his mask was styled as a toaster, complete with a piece of toasted bread sticking out the top of his head.

At the start of the match, Callihan just randomly shouted out "Yeah, TOAST!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9HQQ3UusKU

YLC VI Night 3 was a good all-around show. Some fun trios action in above match and the Fabulous Three (Mitch Ryder, Larry Sweeney, Shayne Hawke) against Da Soul Touchaz, a pre All-Ego Ethan Page taking on Donst, a smashmouth brawl between Drake Younger and Brodie Lee, the famous Super Smash Bros vs Incoherence match ("Princess Peach is a TRAMP!") and then the MOTYC YLC6 final between Fire Ant and Vin Gerard.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sami telling Icarus (I think) that he would stab him always cracked me up just because of the tone of the entire rest of the show.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jay 2K Winger posted:

YLC VI Night 3 was a good all-around show. Some fun trios action in above match and the Fabulous Three (Mitch Ryder, Larry Sweeney, Shayne Hawke) against Da Soul Touchaz, a pre All-Ego Ethan Page taking on Donst, a smashmouth brawl between Drake Younger and Brodie Lee, the famous Super Smash Bros vs Incoherence match ("Princess Peach is a TRAMP!") and then the MOTYC YLC6 final between Fire Ant and Vin Gerard.

Brodie was kind of a mismatch too, in that he's this enormous gross trucker in a promotion full of short almost-luchadors.

Otherwise, the biggest non-sequitur in Chikara is and continues to be Eddie Kingston.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

CombineThresher posted:

Brodie was kind of a mismatch too, in that he's this enormous gross trucker in a promotion full of short almost-luchadors.

I see your point, but Brodie in Chikara gave us great moments, like Dasher Hatfield trying to get another "baseball game" going in mid-match, and Brodie being handed the "ball" as pitcher, only for Brodie to just wallop Dasher across the face. Or the cage match he had with Cesaro.

Or seeing Brodie Lee kick the gently caress out of someone's face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEKdT12ORO0

I wish there was a clip of Brodie booting Grizzly Redwood's head drat near clean off his shoulders. It was hilarious.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I see Chikara's removed the clip of Kingston mauling a very green and fresh faced Donst. There's a point where Kingston open hand slaps Donst and either Donst is a great seller or Kingston walloped the gently caress out of him.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I see your point, but Brodie in Chikara gave us great moments, like Dasher Hatfield trying to get another "baseball game" going in mid-match, and Brodie being handed the "ball" as pitcher, only for Brodie to just wallop Dasher across the face. Or the cage match he had with Cesaro.

Or seeing Brodie Lee kick the gently caress out of someone's face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEKdT12ORO0

I wish there was a clip of Brodie booting Grizzly Redwood's head drat near clean off his shoulders. It was hilarious.

the smart mark video guy's reaction is something i've only picked up tonight years later.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

I see Chikara's removed the clip of Kingston mauling a very green and fresh faced Donst. There's a point where Kingston open hand slaps Donst and either Donst is a great seller or Kingston walloped the gently caress out of him.

I'm pretty sure Kingston walloped the gently caress out of him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I'm pretty sure Kingston walloped the gently caress out of him.

Yeah. I've long wondered if Eddie was told to rough Donst up as a way to keep him humble or if he did it as a "Welcome to the biz, kid" thing. The idea of Quack telling King to do that sounds crazy until you realize that Eddie continued to get pushed pretty strongly after that beating. The entire match is just brutal.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 13, 2016

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Yeah. I've long wondered if Eddie was told to rough Donst up as a way to keep him humble or if he did it as a "Welcome to the biz, kid" thing. The idea of Quack telling King to do that sounds crazy until you realize that Eddie continued to get pushed pretty strongly after that beating. The entire match is just brutal.

Donst isn't the smartest cat so I can imagine a conversation that went like this:

Donst - "hay eddy let's work stiff tonight"
King - "Kid you ain't ready for that"
Donst - "no I good let's work stiff"
King - "Your funeral"

And then King murdered him dead.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It's pretty good for what it is iirc

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I'm pretty partial to the Eddie Kingston Vs Shane Storm match where they just decided to kill each other for no reason.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

C. Everett Koop posted:

Donst isn't the smartest cat so I can imagine a conversation that went like this:

Donst - "hay eddy let's work stiff tonight"
King - "Kid you ain't ready for that"
Donst - "no I good let's work stiff"
King - "Your funeral"

And then King murdered him dead.

Apparently Donst was the one who suggested it to Kingston because he wanted to prove himself to the lockeroom as he felt no one quite took him seriously.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

August 21 show card:
"No One's First, And You're Next"
3pm @ Wrestle Factory, Philadelphia

-Multi-Person Tag Match: Team Fire Ant vs Team Hallowicked
-Winner Has 3 Points: Princess Kimberlee vs Heidi Lovelace
-Campeonatos de Parejas Four-Way Double Elimination: N_R_G vs Los Ice Creams vs Devastation Corporation vs Moustache Mountain
-Who Is The King: Eddie Kingston vs Jakob Hammermeier
-Trios Match: Team Big Deal (Swoggle/Sloan Caprice/Rick Roland) vs The United Nations
-Grudge Match: Ophidian vs Hermit Crab
-Monster vs Barbarian: Abominous Rex (w/ Sidney Bakabella) vs Oleg the Usurper

Updated KOT Info
"King of Trios 2016"
Labor Day Weekend @ Palmer Center, Easton, PA

Confirmed KOT Trios:
1. Team Sendai Girls - Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako, Cassandra Miyagi
2. Team SHIMMER - Solo Darling, Crazy Mary Dobson, Candice LaRae
3. Team JWP - Hanako Nakamori, Manami Katsu, Commando Bolshoi
4. Team Original Divas Revolution - Jazz, Victoria, Mickie James
5. Team (no team name) - Heidi Lovelace, Race Jaxon, Hype Rockwell
6. The Colony - Fire Ant, Soldier Ant, Silver Ant
7. The Warriors Three - Thunderfrog, Princess Kimberlee, Oleg the Usurper
8. Team CWC - Cedric Alexander, Drew Gulak, Johnny Gargano
9. United Nations - Juan Francisco de Coronado, Prakash Sabar, Proletariat Boar of Moldova
10. Team Police Squad - Officer Warren Barksdale, Supercop Dick Justice, Bill Carr
11. The Batiri - Obariyon, Kobald, Kodama
12. Major League Moustache - Dasher Hatfield, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate
13. Team Big Deal - Big Deal Swoggle, Sloan Caprice, Rick Roland
14. The Snake Pit - Ophidian, Argus, Amasis
(2 teams left)

Confirmed Rey de Voladores entrants (KOT Night 2)
- Aerostar
- Wani
- Frightmare
- Space Monkey
- Tony Nese
(3 flippy little boys left)

Confirmed Tag Gauntlet entrants (KOT Night 3)
- Team Sea Stars (Delmi Exo & Ashley Vox)
- Hermit Crab & Rock Lobster
- Dez Peloton (?? & ??)
(7? teams left)

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Aug 20, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There's a new video up that confirms that Ophidian/Amasis/Argus will be the 14th team. Also confirms that Shynron is basically done with Chikara.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Add Tony Nese to the Rey de Voladores on KOT weekend.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

New blog from Hallowicked.

Hallowicked posted:

Like weeds in an untended garden, the ranks of Nazmaldun's force run unchecked and are now in position to begin choking the life out of those that remain standing against us. We never dreamed it would be so easy, that we would be unopposed in building the fighting force that now threatens to dominate CHIKARA. What was done to stop us? They set the Grand Champion Princess KimberLee against me and she was dethroned by my own hand. They tried teaming her with Hedi Lovelace, a woman she can hardly stand next to in the ring without coming to blows. They struggled to bolster her ranks with N_R_G, men who are little more than strangers to her. They rallied the simpleton Ice Creams to her cause in a misguided attempt to correct course. They thought strengthening her with ranks with members of The Colony would finally stall us...and yet here we stand.

The weakness of their efforts have reaped the rotten fruits they sowed. We have grown powerful and terrible in the face of your ignorance. Each man Nazmaldun has bid I claim for his own, is one that I know well. Men I have fought with and ones I have raged against. The spear Frightmare is as unflinching in his dedication to our master as I am. The morning star Icarus has surpassed even my expectations for the joy he takes in savaging his opponents. The demonic twin scythes Kodama and Obariyon, and the poison-tipped bolt Kobald, have displayed an unequaled blood lust in the ring. Now at last we have the battering ram, Mark Angelosetti, in our grasp. With him we will smash through whatever defenses you mount, and burn to the ground all that you know and love. Yet still one piece of the arsenal remains unseen. Our secret weapon. One which no one could possibly account for and so will wreak utter havok when the hour is at hand.

Colony, this Sunday you seem dead set on being the next obstacle in our path. Do not bear the brunt of our horrible wrath with merely half of a team. Do not even attempt to find others foolish enough to stand with you. There is no one you can recruit that yet lives who can hope to stop us. If anyone reading this message harbors any notions of coming to the aid of the ants, be warned now - that this will be no wrestling match. It will be a slaughter. All Glory Nazmaldun.

The verbiage about the "secret weapon no one could possibly account for" suggests that 'The Betrayer,' the last of the HeXed Men to be recruited, will come forward on the day on Sunday. Some of the speculation is that Silver Ant could turn rudo again.

And there's speculation now about "no one that yet lives" being a clue as to who might lead the fight against Nazmaldun, and that it's someone whose character was killed off making a return. Which means DeviANT, Orbit Adventure Ant, Latvian Proud Oak, The Shard, or one of the Greenhorns that Deucalion executed at KOT two years ago. But some are hoping it means Archibald Peck returns.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

The verbiage about the "secret weapon no one could possibly account for" suggests that 'The Betrayer,' the last of the HeXed Men to be recruited, will come forward on the day on Sunday. Some of the speculation is that Silver Ant could turn rudo again.

That could work well to add more conflict in the Colony. Silver betrays and leaves, giving the Trios team an opening. Worker is asked to take his place, which would probably set him off even more. But taking Silver out of the equation means you get six ant-based wrestlers (Fire, Soldier, Worker, Pinkie, Missile Assault, Arctic Rescue) instead of seven, so the teams are more cut-and-dry.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Some team called Dez Peloton has been added to the Tag Gauntlet on Night 3 of KOT.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Fire Ant posted a new blog that more or less confirms that Arctic Rescue Ant, Pinkie and Missile Assault will be on his team this Sunday. He's really against the idea, but knows that he has no choice at this juncture.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

Fire Ant posted a new blog that more or less confirms that Arctic Rescue Ant, Pinkie and Missile Assault will be on his team this Sunday. He's really against the idea, but knows that he has no choice at this juncture.

Fire Ant?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Yeah. Basically, one of the big matches at this Sunday's streaming show is a 14-man tag between Fire Ant's team and the Nazmaldun guys (Hallowicked, Frightmare, Touchdown, Icarus, Batiri). Obviously, Fire Ant is going to have Soldier, Silver and Worker with him, but that leaves three spots. Worker cut a promo online about how he's kind of fed up with the Colony and barely trusts them anymore, but whatever, he'll make the call. He makes hints about who might answer the call without naming names. Now Fire Ant's blog goes, "I know who Worker recruited for the match and it doesn't sit right with me, but I guess we're going to have to make this work. We're not doing this as brothers or friends, but as a team of ants."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
CHIKARA really missed the boat by not having CombatANT unmask and reveal himself as Jon Zandig. I don't care there's a difference in size

I hope Pinkie comes out in his Pink Ant gettup, it was probably one of my favorite CHIKARA gimmicks.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Gavok posted:

Obviously, Fire Ant is going to have Soldier, Silver and Worker with him, but that leaves three spots.

Actually, they're pushing an angle after the Hour of Power two weeks ago that Silver's arm is injured after the HeXed Men attacked him. So Silver may not be there.

EDIT: Fire Ant referred to his team in the blog not as the Colony, but "just a lot of ants."

Just a Lot of Ants. JLA.

Versus the HeXed Men.

Goddammit, Quack, you are such a nerd.

Jay 2K Winger fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I deeply appreciated the festival of everyone who was ever an ant ever

Heartbreaking when Missile Assault Man took off his mask though

• Locked thread