Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

Zephyrine posted:

That's like saying that Chinese, Japanese and Koreans aren't races. Sure we're not on that magnitude of obviousness but "here" It's pretty clear.

I know this is an American thing where people are born into the country but if two Fins move to Sweden and have a child. That child is Finish. In fact legally the child would be Finish as well and not be able to vote without applying for a Swedish citizenship.

If that child then grows up and has a child with a Swede then their child would be half Swedish and Half finish.

I'm going to :godwin: here and give another example. Hitler for example was born in a German family living in Austria. Hence from an American view there has spawned this urban myth that he was Austrian simply because he was born there. When being born there is irrelevant. Hence he was German.

Nice blood and soil nationalism post what's your position on miscegenation and Mischlings? Chemical or physical castration to protect the blood?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Endie posted:

Nice blood and soil nationalism post what's your position on miscegenation and Mischlings? Chemical or physical castration to protect the blood?

She's been called out for similar nonsense before. Please consider just ignoring her rather than posting about it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Endie posted:

I am wholly indifferent to blood bonds and nationalism but I do live in the middle of it so I can't pretend to not understand what people refer to. I'm sure the british islands have something similar.

I did have a Welsh coworker once whos son was born in London. I'd feel sorry for anyone who implied that his son was an Englishman.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Maneck posted:

She's been called out for similar nonsense before. Please consider just ignoring her rather than posting about it.

It was something like 4 months since I left the alliance. It's really time for you of all people to get over those hurt feelings and abandon this personal matter against me.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 13, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Your general shitposting is making people want to ignore you, not some kind of personal vendetta.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

CainFortea posted:

Your general shitposting is making people want to ignore you, not some kind of personal vendetta.

So just do it then. The only thing worse than badposting is people who won't shut up about the people they have on ignore. Ranting and commenting on it is the exact opposite of ignoring someone.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Zephyrine posted:

The only thing worse than badposting is people who won't shut up about the people they have on ignore.

Yeah like that tokyo sexwhale nerd who constantly screenshots me having a discussion here to remind the world that he still has me on ignore. We get it, dude, we get it.

Oh and obligatory hi Jeff. Every time I slam a giant rail I dedicate it to you bro. Just kidding :frogout:

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Please comment more about your views on Finns though.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Look if we stopped talking to idiots this thread would be just Videogames saying "hello" for five pages straight.

Super late quote but I don't care. Can somebody explain why this would be a bad thing?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Hey, what's going on in the eve thr... :yikes:

Fake edit: I played eve last night. My connection couldn't support comms or undocking, so I updated sell orders, sold more stuff and put up some contracts and did some supply chain stuff :frogbon:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Rust Martialis posted:

Please comment more about your views on Finns though.

Finns are tough. They can handle a bit of teasing. And if not. They probably have a knife ready anyway.

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Hey, what's going on in the eve thr... :yikes:

Fake edit: I played eve last night. My connection couldn't support comms or undocking, so I updated sell orders, sold more stuff and put up some contracts and did some supply chain stuff :frogbon:

Miss you boo. Please come back soon. :unsmith:

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
apparently getting high speed Internet takes more time in NYC than it does in Rural Fuckville, MI. :iiam:

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Daco Vato posted:

apparently getting high speed Internet takes more time in NYC than it does in Rural Fuckville, MI. :iiam:

The reason why that is isn't due to the remoteness of your location, it's because your provider services multiple areas and more populated areas are less prioritized. Installs are prioritized by location. If your area is smaller, there's less to install, so they get you done first because you're the easy part. NYC's gonna take a while.

I work for a cable company that sells HSI. :ms:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Daco Vato posted:

The wireless access point in my living area is pulling wireless signal from 3 floors below. So I'm trying to find a powerline adapter to solve this weak rear end signal problem.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Syndic Thrass posted:

sorry for the triple post, but now im caught up! i mean a triple post is poo poo without the quadpost to follow it up, so id just like to take a moment to ask one thing:

Rain6647377
AKA Frozenpussy
AKA Elsa
AKA IcedOverCooter
AKA Ephebophilia-Extraordinarre (unconfirmed alias)

Why did you leave? Please post a callout thread either here or on reddit for d4nk upv0t3s and leak all the poo poo and don't be a little bitch about why you left. Make a point don't be a coy little pussy(a frozen one at that).

L0LHOLYSHIT0WN3D

To be a one-man reaver show or something, I don't know man I'm just looking to keep myself entertained.

You know I was always a pubbie before me and the mittani started loving right. I can do whatever irrelevant thing in EVE and be okay.

edit: so compared to GSF's foreseeable future, this side project just seems more interesting. Things seem stable in Delve, ya know.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 13, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I sensationalized this entosis thing for the sake of a TMC article and I'm not sure I have to balls to let it be published. Some people will get very upset, I think.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Elsa posted:

I sensationalized this entosis thing for the sake of a TMC article and I'm not sure I have to balls to let it be published. Some people will get very upset, I think.

If you feel that strongly about it you need to be confident within yourself and express it in the avenue available to you. You want to be the change, right? Go out there and do it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Nazareth posted:

If you feel that strongly about it you need to be confident within yourself and express it in the avenue available to you. You want to be the change, right? Go out there and do it.

the problem is not everyone makes an accurate distinction between TMC, GSF, and SA. If they are the type to lump them all together they're probably going to be upset with me.

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

Elsa posted:

the problem is not everyone makes an accurate distinction between TMC, GSF, and SA. If they are the type to lump them all together they're probably going to be upset with me.

My friend, you are a pioneer of a fledgling industry that may very well start with your article. Nothing will go flawlessly, there will be mistakes made and no matter what some people will be upset and angry. However, you have a great opportunity. You get to publish an article on the most controversial EVE news websites (outside of patch notes) and people will be paying attention. Risk is high, but so is the reward. Break down those doors, fight against the sentinels of the established order, and rattle some cages. Victory goes to the bold.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Post the drat story already, and you better have drawn all the pictures yourself.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glory of Arioch posted:

thank you for copying and pasting reddit comments into this thread

It's from Failheap :colbert:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

PathAsc posted:

Post the drat story already, and you better have drawn all the pictures yourself.

I see you shiver with antici

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's from Failheap :colbert:

Failheap is worse than reddit. I don't think this helps you.

Of course, given that one of my guys wrote that shitpost I'm not in any better a position. Goddamn have people in querious been crying a lot.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Booley posted:

Failheap is worse than reddit. I don't think this helps you.

Of course, given that one of my guys wrote that shitpost I'm not in any better a position. Goddamn have people in querious been crying a lot.

so was that a rationalization on how 100 guys got beat by 20 dudes in T3's?

they ought to know by know pl goes around poking people with sticks, if you make noise they poke you again, if you are indifferent they move on

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Booley posted:

Goddamn have people in querious been crying a lot.

The coalition meeting and posting has given me the impression that a lot of those people need to take the game less seriously.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
pation

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Elsa posted:

pation

You didn't even make it an hour, bad showing there.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Orange Red Bull posted:

so was that a rationalization on how 100 guys got beat by 20 dudes in T3's?

they ought to know by know pl goes around poking people with sticks, if you make noise they poke you again, if you are indifferent they move on

There's been a lot of rationalization. The loss of the maelstrom fleet was deliberate on my part to get brave into a better doctrine, since broski and paisti like bombers and brave had no idea how to counter bombers, but also couldn't afford to buy new battleships without getting an insurance payout. (it didn't help that they were selling those maelstroms to their members for 350m each). My goal was to have them all die to the initial bomb wave, but when that didn't happen everything became awkward.

Unfunny Poster posted:

The coalition meeting and posting has given me the impression that a lot of those people need to take the game less seriously.

They need to either take the game less seriously and cry less when they get cloak camped all day long and have people constantly attack their sov, or they need to get more serious and realize that if they want to own space they need to only own enough systems that they can keep ADMs up, fly doctrines that aren't hurricanes (since they don't have the pure weight of numbers to make canes work), have a capfleet so that every fight can't be ended by someone bringing in a handful of supers/fax/whatever (we tried to form a full coalition wide capfleet for a few stratops. Since they were In EUTZ and rote wasn't there, we would get about 10 caps. I personally was almost half the capfleet), and have strategic assets like titans so their fleets can't get cut off from objectives trivially easily.

Since they refused to take the game of sov seriously enough to actually be prepared to defend it well, yeah they badly needed to take the game less seriously.

I think that fight club as an idea is great, since there are a fair number of people out there who want to get fights using 0.0 mechanics (bombers, bubbles, etc) that you can't do in lowsec, but who also aren't interested in the game of sov. Unfortunately since NPC nullsec has utter garbage for isk making opportunities, the only way to make fight club work is if they have some sort of patron that keeps whoever glances at the sov from being able to take it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
It's not even a matter of taking it. It sounds like any pressure at all makes them cry over their PVP utopia.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Elsa posted:

It's not even a matter of taking it. It sounds like any pressure at all makes them cry over their PVP utopia.

Nah, they were fine until the fortizar got dropped (with large NC, PL and LUMPY fleets there to push the system into tidi and prevent anyone from killing it), and broski started cloaky camping constantly and dropping either supers or bridging a perfect counter fleet onto anything that moved.

It didn't help that broski are verbally abusive and fairly racist in local/reddit (which way too many fight club members pay too much attention to).

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Booley posted:

Nah, they were fine until the fortizar got dropped (with large NC, PL and LUMPY fleets there to push the system into tidi and prevent anyone from killing it), and broski started cloaky camping constantly and dropping either supers or bridging a perfect counter fleet onto anything that moved.

It didn't help that broski are verbally abusive and fairly racist in local/reddit (which way too many fight club members pay too much attention to).

Yeah so there's a lot of pressure. QFC is a contrived, safe space and it makes them a target.

There's a difference between discussing a problem and lamenting, and they were lamenting. Greygal was, anyway. With a prepared speech that she tried to read in a natural voice. It's almost as bad as daddy-dom SMA leader what'shisface and everyone responding yessir or nossir.

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 13, 2016

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Booley posted:

They need to either take the game less seriously and cry less when they get cloak camped all day long and have people constantly attack their sov, or they need to get more serious and realize that if they want to own space they need to only own enough systems that they can keep ADMs up,

This was too hard a concept for the mighty IMPERIUM to grasp for a whole year after it was first brought up so what do you expect from some random coalition without the brainpower and organization that makes the Imperium great!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

dreamin' posted:

This was too hard a concept for the mighty IMPERIUM to grasp for a whole year after it was first brought up so what do you expect from some random coalition without the brainpower and organization that makes the Imperium great!

whaat

I should have made my edit a double post apparently. There's no crying, and what are you supposed to do, evacuate your systems pre-emptively? Is this the EXE line of 'we tried to tell the imperium it was irresponsible to hold so much sov'

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

you get away with what you can

we held what 7 or 8 regions well into fozzie sov because all of eve was like :effort:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

you get away with what you can

we held what 7 or 8 regions well into fozzie sov because all of eve was like :effort:

It's not like we didn't know, either. There was that experimental flash invasion of what was that region again? GSF was well aware of how precarious sovereignty holdings had become.

Repeating you should move to Delve because entosis isn't some stroke of genius. It's painfully obvious white noise.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Elsa posted:

There was that experimental flash invasion of what was that region again?

Providence

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

Elsa posted:

whaat

I should have made my edit a double post apparently. There's no crying, and what are you supposed to do, evacuate your systems pre-emptively? Is this the EXE line of 'we tried to tell the imperium it was irresponsible to hold so much sov'

If you truly think that leaving people like bastion or lawn stranded in vale with heaps of assets stuck/lost, losing triple digits of allied supers making the exodus from the north and more than half the player numbers/alliances of the imperium was the best possible way of adjusting to fozzie sov and that the massive benefits of ??? that you reaped in the months you didn't adjust somehow make up for this, more power to you

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

dreamin' posted:

losing triple digits of allied supers making the exodus from the north

Source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

FCON killboard

• Locked thread