Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lmfao "if you wanna get laid emulate a sociopath"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

lmfao "if you wanna get laid emulate a sociopath"

Don't you see? That's how all those Bad Boys get all the women! Because they're assholes! LIKE DIRK! THAT FUCKER

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

:sax:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/njYdxdl.jpg[[/timg] linked and spoilered because NWS and I know some people have scripts that show images inline

I didn't censor that one because A. gently caress editing all of those dongs and B. editing them would have actually removed a slight amount of context (a dick per year or w/e)

This is the work of a man unaware he is a comedic genius.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

insufficient guns posted:

I don't get why they rag on women for having sex with lots of guys. Having sex with loads of women is exactly what they want, they'd be doing the same if they weren't gross.

Pretend I posted that retarded metaphor about a key that opens every lock vs a lock that opens for every key

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Applewhite posted:

I don't get why the crowd boos a goalie that lets in every goal, but cheers the center forward for scoring repeatedly. Double standard if you ask me.

I know you aren't serious posting but redpillers seem to forget that in that analogy, they're not on the sidelines cheering people on or booing, they're playing the field (or would be if they weren't stuck on reddit congratulating each other on theories and speculation about how to win 'the game')

And if I was on Team Man and rather appropriately for the metaphor I was in the struggle of opposed contest with Team Women, them making it easy to score would be a good thing

Goddamn it gently caress me for posting in this thread, I should have been like dirk and stayed in with my mop-and-bucket threesomes

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

When I saw this MRA/matrix thing on this site that was new information to me. This is apparently a 'thing'? What is that about?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Annnnnnddddd...number two in our hierachy: SIGMA.. "the lone wolf" who doesn't fit into ANY hierarchy. I list him as number two in this hierarchy.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

PoorMoralCompass posted:

When I saw this MRA/matrix thing on this site that was new information to me. This is apparently a 'thing'? What is that about?
Humanity's technology has succeeded in driving us further apart into ever more divisive splinters and this is the least important one

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

8 track betamax posted:

Annnnnnddddd...number two in our hierachy: SIGMA.. "the lone wolf" who doesn't fit into ANY hierarchy. I list him as number two in this hierarchy.

i'm a tri-lambda

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

The Protagonist posted:

Humanity's technology has succeeded in driving us further apart into ever more divisive splinters and this is the least important one

True, however, what the gently caress?

like, are the agents all women? secretly?
but... t...trinity

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 14, 2016

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MasBrillante posted:

Tbh, he's far less ugly than I would have assumed. In order to be rejected so much he must be sniffing women's armpits or masturbating in public.

The origin of Men's Rights Activism wasn't the creepy PUA guys or delusional fedora-wearing redpillers, it was unhappy & angry divorcees. This dude strikes me as one of those ones. Divorce sucks, it breaks some people and the men turn super bitter. Not least because divorce in the US really is a place where the playing field is tilted in women's favor. Maybe for the educated middle-class white guy, that's his first experience dealing with a system biased against him. :v:

insufficient guns posted:

I don't get why they rag on women for having sex with lots of guys. Having sex with loads of women is exactly what they want, they'd be doing the same if they weren't gross.
This is the one place where they're refreshingly honest chauvinists with their system. They make no effort to say that it's not a double standard, then come up with lots of dumb reasons for why that double standard should exist and is good.

(also they would have ok having sex with just a single girl, if only the perfect girl they were pining for all those years ago would have deigned to have sex with them.)

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Applewhite posted:

lol if he thinks he's not a narcissist.
I don't get how these guys never see that they are the problem.

Not in the sense that they deserve to be cheated on, but that they don't get how disordered their views toward others' intentions, personalities, goals, and views are.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 14, 2016

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

A lot of the MRA worldview is a narcissistic projection. What these men want is essentially an extended GFE from a prostitute: a woman who will laugh at their jokes and suck their dick and always be happy and generally always obey them. That's what some women provide...as a paid service. They're frustrated as gently caress when they encounter women who are not, in fact, prostitutes offering a GFE, but rather people unto themselves. They can't comprehend the idea that someone could be a whole person unto themselves, while also being in some ways different from them. The fact that women, as a group, tend to have a different cluster of POVs and lived experiences, is utterly baffling to the male narcissist, who considers the life of a man to be the only "real" life. To them, the life of a woman is simply a sidecar to the life of a man. What he wants is natural - what she wants is an interruption to his own wants.

They're also classically narcissistic in that, when women do not give them what they want, they perceive it as being both malicious and as being ultimately centered on them. It's the narcissistic injury. They cannot imagine a world in which they are not at the center. If Suzy would rather be with Chad, it's because she has *explicitly, wrongfully rejected* him and that she has *maliciously, wrongfully chosen* Chad. It cannot possibly be the case that Suzy likes what she likes, and that Chad is just another person too, and that he himself might not be a major player in her life, but rather just one of many potential suitors in the life of Suzy.

See also: Elliot Rodger, who was such a laughable narcissist that he had a sword-flinging tantrum when he didn't win the lottery.To him, it cannot possibly be the case that lotteries are the exemplars of blind chance: when the lottery did not deliver a win for him, he had been personally wronged.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
There was a thread in EN titled "Have you considered sex tourism". I think this dude took that at face value.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Khorne posted:

I don't get how these guys never see that they are the problem.

Not in the sense that they deserve to be cheated on, but that they don't get how disordered their views toward others' intentions, personalities, goals, and views of life are.

Being a decent looking girl into games I have had more interaction with Nice Guys then I care to admit.

Almost every one, without fail, had something hosed up about their family life in which someone spoiled the gently caress out of them (in one case dead dad and deadbeat mom, grandma spoiled him. In another 2 cases deadbeat/absent dad, mom spoiled him.) The common thread seemed to be absent father figure + overbearing mother figure. Of course I'm sure this can manifest in a hundred different ways; this is just the anecdotal trend I've noticed after having the misfortune to run into multiple Nice Guys.

No matter what the circumstances these men are taught the world revolves around their rear end while being endlessly praised and babied by a family figure, and the end result is shock when the women of the world don't bend over backwards for them like their mom/grandma/whatever did. And if you do happen to give one of these assholes a chance they are of course full of poo poo and treat you like some creepy mother substitute expected to do everything for them.

Of course there a millions of men who were raised in a similar way but came out fine. I think it's just something about childhood trauma + helicoptering/spoiling + brokebrains that equals that unique blend.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

MasBrillante posted:

Tbh, he's far less ugly than I would have assumed. In order to be rejected so much he must be sniffing women's armpits or masturbating in public.

Nah, he's kinda like a blond Romeo Rose.

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oDRhO2DOUk

Complaint Compilation fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 14, 2016

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Someone post The Door. You know this motherfucker has tried it but it failed due to Dirk somehow

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I like that alt-right really likes the term "cultural marxism" which is what somebody renamed "cultural bolshevism" because they thought nobody would figure out that they were taking a page right out of Adolf Hitler's playbook if they changed one word in the name of the thing.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Keg posted:

I like that alt-right really likes the term "cultural marxism" which is what somebody renamed "cultural bolshevism" because they thought nobody would figure out that they were taking a page right out of Adolf Hitler's playbook if they changed one word in the name of the thing.
No, that was their plan all along—once you realize and point it out, it's :godwin: and your argument is invalidated

Complaint Compilation
Apr 8, 2016

Keg posted:

lol @ it all

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Keg posted:

the first result for "racial bolshevism" on google is this blog post from a legitimate nazi

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm just confused why the cartoonist keeps referring to "Chad" as "Dirk."

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/njYdxdl.jpg[[/timg] linked and spoilered because NWS and I know some people have scripts that show images inline

I didn't censor that one because A. gently caress editing all of those dongs and B. editing them would have actually removed a slight amount of context (a dick per year or w/e)

Okay, I know this is from the last page but I think I've interpreted it.

In the beginning, they're blissfully walking at home (the flag could be the flag of like 20 different countries so whatever, what's important is that it is NOT AMERICAN)

Guy wants to get married with flowers, she says no because she's going to college in the U.S.

Guy slaves away at the Nike business factory for ten years, girl gets corrupted by Evil Western Feminism and has sex on toilets while holding martinis. Both of them age approximately 40 years.

She comes home, he asks her how America went and she says she was a studious angel.

They get married, but the specter of American Cock keeps her awake at night either (a) knowing that she wasted her best years being a Despicable Western Slut instead of a submissive, dutiful wife to Guy back home, (b) because her sex life now can never live up to the many dicks she once knew, and this makes her miserable, or (c) tormented by the fact that she lied about her past and what possible consequences there may be for lying to Guy about it. Depends on what the artist's particular Western Females Pet Peeve is.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

how many loving eye wrinkles can you get by age 25

e: nvm misinterpreted how old they were supposed to be in the top 2 panels because of the lovely drawings. has this guy EVER seen a human mouth in his life??

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Keg posted:

Careful bud, this is the line of facts that got commie ned flanders banned

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Someone post The Door. You know this motherfucker has tried it but it failed due to Dirk somehow
Got you covered fam.

quote:

Whereas most patterns are about getting a woman into bed, The Door is aimed at controlling her after you've started sleeping with her. Other patterns that you've used on her have anchored immense pleasure to you. The Door creates an anchor for the loss of that pleasure.

You've already had intercourse with the girl. The ideal setting for the power of the door, which is a power and control pattern, is right after you've had intercourse and you're in bed with the girl, and at this time hopefully you've set up the fact that you're also the man of her dreams and fulfil her emotional needs. You're fooling around in bed, you've already had a great time, and you go, "sweetheart, what's that over there?" and you point towards the door. And she'll say, "well you know, that's a door, silly." And you say, "yeah, you know.. I'm a real positive person, but.. I mean, can you imagine.. I mean, you don't know what can happen from day to day, when you think about it in your mind. I mean, what would happen if I walked out that door and the door closed and as the door closed, it slammed shut, and no matter what you did, you could not open the door and you knew that you would never be able to look into my eyes again and you'd never be able to hear my voice again and you'd never be able to feel my touch again." Ok, right here is where she starts going, "I don't like this door business at all." And at this time you just reassure her.. "ok, alright sweetheart, you're right. You really shouldn't think about the door and you really don't have to think about the door." So you go back to playing around with her some more. Have some more fun with her, bring her to another orgasm or whatever and say, "you know, a terrible thing happened the other day. My friend was hit by a truck. I mean, it was awful, by the time they got him to hospital he was dead. I can't believe it, you know? It's almost as if, it would be a horrible thing you know when you think about.." (point towards the door) "..that no matter even if you were to get that door opened and you were to search, that you could never find me again.." Then she starts freaking out. You calibrate more on that part of, "you will never be able to see me again, you'll never be able to hear my voice again."

"You'll never be able.. all that fun we had together, all those great times we had together, walking along the beach, hand in hand in the moonlight, we would never be able to do those things again and even if you were to open that door, you would search and you could never find." And she's at the point where she's saying, "no no I hate this door. Let's stop this door now, are you trying to upset me?" And you say, "oh, I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm just saying these are just things that are popping into my mind, ok?" So play around some more. Get her good and nice and hot again, fool around, have a good time with her, joke, and then then get back into the door and say, "you know, God, still you know, about life's tragedies.. I mean, I just keep on thinking how.." At this point you can already see that this is starting to make her feel uncomfortable. You want to create that sense in her that you can walk out and she'll feel terrible for the rest of here life. You want to anchor that response. I'll get up and she'll say, "well what are you doing?" And I'll say, "I'm going to the bathroom." I go up to the bedroom door and slam it. That right there will freak her out. Then I'll open the door and say, "oh, I'm sorry. You know, I'm sorry, I'm just playing with this door again. You know, you really shouldn't think about this door now and you really don't want to think about this door now."

Having anchored that sense of loss and pain to the door, you can trigger it whenever needed. Whatever negative behavior may come up that you want to stop, the first time you just get up and slam the door. Whether you walk out the door depends on the level of bullshit. On later occasions you can just indicate tbe door in some manner. The example Alex gives: If he's talking on the phone and getting any crap from her, and he knows the relation of where the door is to her desk, he says, "sweetheart, could you please turn right and take a look at what's over there.." and that was the end of the bullshit.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

This guy is a cluck.

Spaghett fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Aug 15, 2016

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Commie Ned Flanders was a loving garbage idiot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Dreddout posted:

Got you covered fam.

The person who wrote this is an alien who read about Pavlov's experiments without ever meeting a human being

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Dreddout posted:

Got you covered fam.

that is incel fap material.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dreddout posted:

Got you covered fam.

quote:

Whereas most patterns are about getting a woman into bed, The Door is aimed at controlling her after you've started sleeping with her. Other patterns that you've used on her have anchored immense pleasure to you. The Door creates an anchor for the loss of that pleasure.

You've already had intercourse with the girl. The ideal setting for the power of the door, which is a power and control pattern, is right after you've had intercourse and you're in bed with the girl, and at this time hopefully you've set up the fact that you're also the man of her dreams and fulfil her emotional needs. You're fooling around in bed, you've already had a great time, and you go, "sweetheart, what's that over there?" and you point towards the door. And she'll say, "well you know, that's a door, silly." And you say, "yeah, you know.. I'm a real positive person, but.. I mean, can you imagine.. I mean, you don't know what can happen from day to day, when you think about it in your mind. I mean, what would happen if I walked out that door and the door closed and as the door closed, it slammed shut, and no matter what you did, you could not open the door and you knew that you would never be able to look into my eyes again and you'd never be able to hear my voice again say this is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you. You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty. You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, and you have wished it, and I-I am the man who has granted you your wish."

"All the men who have vanished, the men you hated, yet dreaded to lose, it is I who have taken them away from you. Do not attempt to find us. We do not choose to be found. Do not cry that it is our duty to serve you. We do not recognize such duty. Do not cry that you need us. We do not consider need a claim. Do not cry that you own us. You don't. Do not beg us to return. We are on strike, we, the men of the mind."

"We are on strike against self-immolation. We are on strike against the creed of unearned rewards and unrewarded duties. We are on strike against the dogma that the pursuit of one's happiness is evil. We are on strike against the doctrine that life is guilt. There is a difference between our strike and all those you've practiced for centuries: our strike consists, not of making demands, but of granting them. We are evil, according to your morality. We have chosen not to harm you any longer. We are useless, according to your economics. We have chosen not to exploit you any longer. We are dangerous and to be shackled, according to your politics. We have chosen not to endanger you, nor to wear the shackles any longer. We are only an illusion, according to your philosophy. We have chosen not to blind you any longer and have left you free to face reality-the reality you wanted, the world as you see it now, a world without mind."

"We have granted you everything you demanded of us, we who had always been the givers, but have only now understood it. We have no demands to present to you, no terms to bargain about, no compromise to reach. You have nothing to offer us. We do not need you. Are you now crying: No, this was not what you wanted? A mindless world of ruins was not your goal? You did not want us to leave you? You moral cannibals, I know that you've always known what it was that you wanted. But your game is up, because now we know it, too."

Then she starts freaking out. You calibrate more on that part of, "You discard your key, then wail that all doors are locked against you."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

quote:

Whereas most patterns are about getting a woman into bed, The Door is aimed at controlling her after you've started sleeping with her.
how many dead bodies are in this guy's crawlspace

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Light Gun Man posted:

I like how he says he has 10 years experience in management. And also shows himself working management, at fast food.

Dude worked fast food for over 10 years.

10 years as a McDonalds shift manager would make me angry too.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Captain Yossarian posted:

Commie Ned Flanders was a loving garbage idiot

but, he angered the mods, so he is okay w/me

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Y-Hat posted:

how many dead bodies are in this guy's crawlspace

And how many live bodies!? :ohdear:

Volcanic Vents
Mar 28, 2009
A dirk is a weapon for stabbing

...vaginas.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Harveygod posted:

And how many live bodies!? :ohdear:

(point towards the door)

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)

quote:

“Behind the Doric columns of the ‘Pyatlyetki,’ the Five Year Plans, behind the rows of figures of the ‘Gosplan,’ there stretches not Asia, but another Europe: ‘the’ other Europe (in the sense in which America too is another Europe). The steel cupola of Marxism + Leninism + Stalinism (the gigantic dynamo of the U.S.S.R. according to Lenin’s formula: Soviet + electrification = Bolshevism) is not the mausoleum of Genghis Khan but - in the very sense that bourgeois folk find so distasteful - the ‘other’ Parthenon of Europe. ‘The Volga,’ says Pilnyak, ‘flows into the Caspian Sea.’ Yes, but it does not rise in Asia: it rises in Europe. It is a European river. The Thames, the Seine, the Potomac are its tributaries.”
—Curzio Malaparte, THE VOLGA RISES IN EUROPE

I got some bad geography news for this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

MasBrillante posted:

That's because it's not a picture of him. It's of Josh Fruhlinger. He runs a blog making fun of the comics in the paper I used to read. He made fun of Be Like Dirk in passing once, I guess, and since he's a filthy sex-haver and the only person outside these dying forums who's ever given him attention it's a point of pride?

It is loving hilarious that the only dig he can come up with against him is that he owns a cat though.

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Aug 15, 2016

• Locked thread