Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Well at least I quit swgoh to play this and mobius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I'm the guy that thought the demon rift end time of 0900 was in some real time and not an arbitrary reference time so I'm at 76 hearts.

Ask me anything

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Enhance Up boost! And just like that aaaaall my metal cactuars are gone getting Vaan to 80.

Lenna is on the 'slowly do Exploration quests to level' train.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Today's pull:

:hellyeah:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

To goons with lenna as their leader, please stop. Yes Lenna is the best healer in the game. But you only need a healer for Coliseum and Trials, where you can't use friends. For the main story content Fina is more than enough. In short no one need a healer friend.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Ha...hahahahahah...this game...this game thinks it's loving hilarious. Got my ticket today, summoned, saw a gold crystal and got excited...a 4* Shadow...why does RNGesus poo poo all over my face? Did I kick a puppy in another life? Or was it the 97 gemmed Warrior's Gloves in JP FFRK? :suicide:

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Kemix posted:

4* Shadow

The full range of rngsus

WebDO posted:

I'm the guy that thought the demon rift end time of 0900 was in some real time and not an arbitrary reference time so I'm at 76 hearts.

Ask me anything

Sucks, but remember, g rod's gonna be defunct in like 2-3 updates anyways.

Shark Tower fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 15, 2016

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Honestly, I'm not sure any of the events are mandatory. They're a (maybe fun) thing to do if you've maxed everything out with cheatingnonstop android emulation.

I didn't really bite at those demon hearts. They'll probably become added to the rare Footpad loot table eventually. Or some demon loot table.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
anyone know when the gil snapper cactaur banner is ending i want to spend my fp on relatively more useful units

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Gil Snappers and Cactuars are the most useful FP units. In fact I'm pretty sure most people save all their FP for when this specific event happens in order to get them.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 15, 2016

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Cry Havoc posted:

anyone know when the gil snapper cactaur banner is ending i want to spend my fp on relatively more useful units

Just keep on throwing your FP at them. Even small Cactuars are 5K XP a pop, not a bad sum considering. And you'll keep getting Gil Turtles to keep shoving cactuars down someone's throat.

Kemix fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Aug 15, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
People who are doing daily pulls still are weird. Stockpile that stuff, especially lapis for 11 pulls with a guaranteed 4* or higher, for Lightning or maybe FFT because you're going to need all the help you can get to pull the main units from those banners.

whoflungpoop posted:

I got Lenna today, is she good enough to bother replacing Fina? Please say yes :ohdear:

Also wondering the same about Tellah instead of Golbez, but not as concerned with those as with getting a better healer.

Yes. Swap Siren and Shiva too because Shiva's higher magic stat should be on Kefka and not your healer.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Kemix posted:

Just keep on throwing your FP at them. Even small Cactuars are 5K XP a pop, not a bad sum considering. And you'll keep getting Gil Turtles to keep shoving cactuars down someone's throat.

but i don't want those things taking up my limited unit slots :(

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

People who are doing daily pulls still are weird. Stockpile that stuff, especially lapis for 11 pulls with a guaranteed 4* or higher, for Lightning or maybe FFT because you're going to need all the help you can get to pull the main units from those banners.

I'll be saving from now on. I just wanted Fullbreak.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

Cry Havoc posted:

but i don't want those things taking up my limited unit slots :(

Then USE them. I mean, come on. There's even a "Rate Up" on getting 1.5x and 2x XP from fusion/enhancement. Just use them/sell them.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If case people don't know the damage formula is exponential. The attack/magic stat gets squared. This means focusing on getting on unit super high attack/magic is better than an even spread. Also small stat increase can have very measurable effects.

Edit: For example my 244 attack artemios was dealing comparable damage to the demon event boss as a 310 attack chizuru. Despite artemios having a 50% damage increase to demons.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 15, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So units in this game don't have set stats? I was leveling a couple of Maxells to awaken them for trophy fodder, and I noticed one of them had about 15 points more attack than the other at max level. Neither of them had anything equipped. Are stats randomly determined in this game? Does it only apply to FP units and the rare units have set stats?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

So units in this game don't have set stats? I was leveling a couple of Maxells to awaken them for trophy fodder, and I noticed one of them had about 15 points more attack than the other at max level. Neither of them had anything equipped. Are stats randomly determined in this game? Does it only apply to FP units and the rare units have set stats?

Were you accounting for an Esper you may have had equipped?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Got another Zidane with today's summer ticket pull. :toot:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

I thought all of these reports about using the Phantom Forest for Magicite farming were too good to be true, but now I am a believer.

The screenshot doesn't show the full haul, certainly not all of the Megacrysts, not the Sacred Crystal that dropped from the boss, and this is one of my less impressive runs!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
If a character wearing blind resist equipment uses chakra, do they still get blinded, or are they immune?

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Shark Tower posted:

If a character wearing blind resist equipment uses chakra, do they still get blinded, or are they immune?

What.
Chakra removes Blind.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Oh, dooy. Sorry, read the description for it wrong

quote:

Effect: Recover HP/MP (30%) and cure poison, blind to caster

Thought it meant 'cure poison, THEN apply blind to caster'

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Samba De Amigo posted:

I feel you mate

I play FFRK on my phone, Brave Exvius on Nox on my PC, and Mobius on my iPad. I basically just hit Auto on three devices at the same time.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Eddain posted:

I play FFRK on my phone, Brave Exvius on Nox on my PC, and Mobius on my iPad. I basically just hit Auto on three devices at the same time.

Yea currently watching my idiots hammer away at defenseless mobs on three different nox clients. I could use my phone but I also could save my battery.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

m.hache posted:

Were you accounting for an Esper you may have had equipped?

Ah that was it, doh. :doh:

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
With the great/ultra fusion success rates upped, is it better to do one cactaur at a time?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tipme posted:

With the great/ultra fusion success rates upped, is it better to do one cactaur at a time?

It's a wash. Either you get more successes with lower payouts, or fewer successes with far greater returns.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Does anybody happen to have a nox script that accounts for the connection error popup and the quest popup that happens 3 runs after the drat nightly reset? The one in the op isn't doing it.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Samba De Amigo posted:

I feel you mate

I thought running Mobius on Nox was not possible.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Someone before mentioned you can grind out limit burst levels at lower star ratings so I've brought my Lenna along on Dalnakya runs for farplane souls.

I noticed one of my friend was a 5* Lenna and her limit burst has a different name. Will I lose my levels when awakening Lenna?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Kyoujin posted:

Someone before mentioned you can grind out limit burst levels at lower star ratings so I've brought my Lenna along on Dalnakya runs for farplane souls.

I noticed one of my friend was a 5* Lenna and her limit burst has a different name. Will I lose my levels when awakening Lenna?

They revert back to 1 and you will have to relevel them to the new cap. They keep all skills learned in their previous star level, though.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Kyoujin posted:

No. Rank and % progress don't reset, but the amount required to rank up the rest of the way will increase.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

MohShuvuu posted:

They revert back to 1 and you will have to relevel them to the new cap. They keep all skills learned in their previous star level, though.

Read his question again. He's asking about limit break lvls.

Yes, your progress stays, so best to grind it at low stars then awaken once you're done lvling your lb.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
Cool thanks! Just wasn't sure if the name change reset everything.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone help me with party composition? I've been playing for a little while now and I feel like the sheer number of characters I have available to me is making it hard to come up with a good group.

I've got a max level 3* Lasswell and Rain, and in-progress 3* Locke, Kefka, Golbez x2, Vivi, Edgar, Fran, Rydia, Tellah, and a whole bunch of others who don't stand out.
4* Chizuru, Lenna, Shadow, Penelo, Clyne.

For the most part, I've been using Kefka, Chizuru, Locke, Lasswell, and Rain. I feel like it doesn't make a lot of sense to have both Golbez and Kefka in the same party, especially with the point in the game I'm in, I can just auto-battle through everything without thinking. Healers seem nice in theory, but in the end, they don't even really seem necessary unless I'm fighting that Dragon in the Farplane, in which case it doesn't matter because I get wiped way before healing would matter.

Anyone have any advice on who I should switch in, if anyone, in the short or long term? Looking at the unit rankings on the wiki, it seems like the party I'm going with is basically the best of what I have available.

Also, is there any point to keeping these 1* garbage characters around? I can't imagine I'd ever use them for any reason, the only reason I haven't fused them into others so far is the perhaps vain hope that I'll pull enough of them in ally point packs to get 100% trust and their abilities.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Well, your best characters out of that list are Chizuru, Kefka, Tellah, Golbez and ??? depending on what you're doing. Lenna for when you need heals, otherwise whatever. With a team that magic-heavy, Lenna's Cheer isn't as helpful as it would be if you had a pile of physical attackers.

As for the 1* crap characters, you can level them a little for easy progress toward the awakening throphy, then sell them off for decent gil. Don't bother keeping them unless there's a decent trust master reward.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Hey guys.

I know my AHK script didn't work on most people's Nox clients because of sizing.

But if you DID make it work, I modified it.

Now it grinds trust on Earth Shrine: Exit while also grinding Item Useage!

Just make your top 5 items something cheaply purchasable.

I'm using Potions, Echo Herbs, Smelling Salts, Antidote, and Eye Drops. Easy to afford 200 of each.

Everyone uses one of each, and the guest character kills a single monster. Repeat 'til all monsters and Boss dead, then wait ~4 minutes.

This one does NOT use lapis, and is designed to run roughly once per 5min.

http://pastebin.com/bk3mYgaw

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I'm trying to grind God's Reliquaries but I got to Village of Kol. Do I grind Deserted Highroad and steal or Lanzelt Estuary and hope it drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

widespread posted:

I'm trying to grind God's Reliquaries but I got to Village of Kol. Do I grind Deserted Highroad and steal or Lanzelt Estuary and hope it drops?

Just push through the story and explorations. You've got plenty of drop/steal opportunities, even if they're not "optimal".

• Locked thread