Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

surf rock posted:

do lady wrestlers still exist or nah

Nia Jax and some jobbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Goddammit Byron, if you're going to use hyperbole don't loving qualify it

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

THEY WASTED THAT ENTRANCE ON THE SECOND HOUR OF A GO HOME IN CORPUS CHRISTIE AND THE SHOW IS CLOSING WITH REIGNS/RUSEV

KILL ME LMAO

PISS

The Vince counter political hit is in.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

smell this posted:

that ruled gently caress the haters

It did and I'm gonna.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD

surf rock posted:

do lady wrestlers still exist or nah

lady.... wrestlers?!

lol this guy

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Golashes posted:

they gave the only clean john cena loss last year to corpus christi too so how are you guys surprised at them blowing dumb poo poo on them

... This is the town that had the Chris Benoit three hour memorial (when they didn't realize what he did)

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the irish demon, potato blight

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It did and I'm gonna.

U CAN'T gently caress ME

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

It's rare, even now, that something is exactly as bad as people say it's going to be

But jesus that was bad

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I like how they had Graves overexplain the Demon thing to somehow make it even worse.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Is there something else tonight besides Reigns/Rusev? Cesaro? If not I'm out

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

I can't believe they wasted that intro on this loving show. What a stupid, stupid move.

Trying to salvage a sinking ship of a show. Besides Summerslam crowds are already going to know his entrance and money is they've seen at least NXT Takeovers. Raw crowds aren't going to know wtf. I get the logic but loving Corpus man they don't react to anyone that isn't named Cena, Orton, Michaels, and Austin and Rock.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That wasn't terrible, honestly. It rather effectively set up Demon vs. Seth.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I wish neville was wrestling tonight..............

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
The major problem with The DEMON KING Finn other than the dumb headdress is that he wrestles exactly the goddamn same.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

It did and I'm gonna.

I do not consent (I don't think I'm even really a hater I just don't care about finn because he's gonna lose)

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
I really hope one day they do the huge cake/spread in the middle of the ring thing, and the whole roster comes out, has a 10 minute tea party, and quietly goes backstage.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
It was a ridiculously dumb booking decision. The fact that it happened at the end of the second hour is even dumber.

That said, that crowd (which has been dead as poo poo for this whole show) popped pretty hard for it. It's going to be pretty nuclear in Brooklyn. I just hope the fact they introduced it now doesn't mean they have Balor lose in his first match with the Demon persona.

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
This man is defending his wife's honor, boo him.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

That Which Squeaks posted:

Nia Jax and some jobbers.

how could i have forgotten the main roster debut of delilah doom

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
finn should lose he's like five foot seven he wouldn't fit in at all in the top card and i know he's awesome but it would just be ridiculous if this tiny guy beat up six foot plus guys all the time even in kayfabe

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dr. rear end posted:

Oh by the way we're in the third hour now and none of the women who have appeared onscreen tonight are wrestlers

The girl Nia Jax squashed was!

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
is there anything else good coming up or should i go back to nms

i guess ill stick around for women's title poo poo/new day

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

My favorite Undertaker entrance was during Wrestlemania 2003. He came in with his Harley to a live performance of Limp Bizkit's "Rollin," and he had a nephew in Iraq at the time so Taz was all like:

"Imagine if Undertaker was in Iraq, I bet he'd kick some rear end."

Then Tensai spit on the side mirror of his patriotic motorcycle, and Taz said, "Oh no, I wouldn't disrespect the Undertaker!?"

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

You say ridiculous, I say meticulous.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

That Which Squeaks posted:

I really hope one day they do the huge cake/spread in the middle of the ring thing, and the whole roster comes out, has a 10 minute tea party, and quietly goes backstage.

what the gently caress is wrong with you

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Eltoasto posted:

Should have only teased it imho, but the crowd went nuts by Corpus Christi standards I guess. I wish they would have done less searching promos and more the former NXT guys warning Seth with just a tease at the end.

That would've been totally fine and cool, so of course WWE wouldn't do things that way.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

WrasslorMonkey posted:

You say ridiculous, I say meticulous.

I say #DemonKing

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Mulaney Power Move posted:

My favorite Undertaker entrance was during Wrestlemania 2003. He came in with his Harley to a live performance of Limp Bizkit's "Rollin," and he had a nephew in Iraq at the time so Taz was all like:

"Imagine if Undertaker was in Iraq, I bet he'd kick some rear end."

Then Tensai spit on the side mirror of his patriotic motorcycle, and Taz said, "Oh no, I wouldn't disrespect the Undertaker!?"

That's the good poo poo my man

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Is there something else tonight besides Reigns/Rusev? Cesaro? If not I'm out

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAUN

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Do it ironically posted:

bro finn should lose he's like five foot seven bro he wouldn't fit in at all in the top card and i know he's awesome but bro it would just be ridiculous if this tiny guy beat up six foot plus guys all the time even in kayfabe bro

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

smell this posted:

that ruled gently caress the haters

If they would've built it a shitload better than Seth just bumbling around it would've been a perfectly good way to introduce him. They should've been doing what they did with Neville and just have various NXT guys going :stonk: when Seth asks them where Balor was.

Jackie D posted:

At least it woke up this garbage crowd

Yeah by Corpus Christi standards he brought down the loving house, I think this gimmick's gonna be juuuuuust fine :shobon:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Professor Funk posted:

It was a ridiculously dumb booking decision. The fact that it happened at the end of the second hour is even dumber.

That said, that crowd (which has been dead as poo poo for this whole show) popped pretty hard for it. It's going to be pretty nuclear in Brooklyn. I just hope the fact they introduced it now doesn't mean they have Balor lose in his first match with the Demon persona.
More people watch on the 2nd hour compared to the third, that and more people watch Raw compared to the network so they want more exposure for him to get over on the main show.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Christ I already forgot, and I'm one of the few that actually like her :smith:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

achillesforever6 posted:

The major problem with The DEMON KING Finn other than the dumb headdress is that he wrestles exactly the goddamn same.

No kidding, even Evil Ryu has a few moves different from regular Ryu. Same for Sub Zero and Maskless Sub Zero.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

NXT Demon King won every match but his last

WWE Demon King will win every match but his first

It will be hilarious

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Goldust has a weird visor for some reason.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Golashes posted:

is there anything else good coming up or should i go back to nms

i guess ill stick around for women's title poo poo/new day

WHAT'S UP

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

We don't even get to hear the Golden Truth entrance. This Raw. This loving Raw. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

The Ball Jar

• Locked thread