Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

KataraniSword posted:

Just push through the story and explorations. You've got plenty of drop/steal opportunities, even if they're not "optimal".

I'm not quite looking for optimal, but rather "would like enough to get Exdeath to 5* since he's level 52 of 60".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

widespread posted:

I'm not quite looking for optimal, but rather "would like enough to get Exdeath to 5* since he's level 52 of 60".

Yeah, going through the story will give you plenty of Reliquaries. All of the 5* awakening items aside from Sacred/Holy Crystals are pretty common on the second and third island.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

If you haven't gone through the story then that should be your first priority. For almost every character the better equipment and correct espers will do more than the level up stats. And yes you want barrage/-ga spells, but the damage formula is exponential. Getting more attack/magic is going to be more help.

To put things in prospective, chizuru maxes attack at 120ish without espers and equipment. But she maxes at 313ish with the best f2p equipment.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

Hey guys.

I know my AHK script didn't work on most people's Nox clients because of sizing.

But if you DID make it work, I modified it.

Now it grinds trust on Earth Shrine: Exit while also grinding Item Useage!

Just make your top 5 items something cheaply purchasable.

I'm using Potions, Echo Herbs, Smelling Salts, Antidote, and Eye Drops. Easy to afford 200 of each.

Everyone uses one of each, and the guest character kills a single monster. Repeat 'til all monsters and Boss dead, then wait ~4 minutes.

This one does NOT use lapis, and is designed to run roughly once per 5min.

http://pastebin.com/bk3mYgaw

Is it able to deal with the daily quest popup? Nothing like halting at 3am when trying to trust grind overnight.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Is it able to deal with the daily quest popup? Nothing like halting at 3am when trying to trust grind overnight.

I woke up this morning and it was still running, so yes! I put a click in the middle to get rid of 'connection issues' popups, and that apparently does for the Daily.

Make sure to have 300 of each item if running overnight.

Mile'ionaha fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 16, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shwqa posted:

To put things in prospective, chizuru maxes attack at 120ish without espers and equipment. But she maxes at 313ish with the best f2p equipment.

To further break down that number:

Lv 80 5* Chizuru: 120 Base Attack
Atk +20% (Naturally learned skill) - +24 Atk

Weapon: Murasame (White Dragon trial) - +61 Atk
Helm: Tiger Mask (Quest reward) - +14 Atk
Armor: Black Belt Gi (Crafting/Quest) - +8 Atk
Accessory: 2x Hero Ring (Crafting) - +24 Atk (2x Atk +10%)
Esper: Lv 40 2* Ifrit - +48-51 Atk (depending on stats)

Thus, a 5* Chizuru has a theoretical F2P (ie, "no trust mastery reward") maximum of 303 Atk, give or take a couple of points based on Ifrit build. There might be swing depending on how Atk +xx% skills calculate and availability to any extra Atk +10%/+20% skills, but that's the only change.

Naturally, when you include Trust Mastery stuff, that number launches into the stratosphere, given the potential of Dual Wield, Doublehand, Blade Mastery, higher-end equipment (The Sakurafubuki and Black Cowl notably), and so on.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Aug 16, 2016

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

There is a free black belt gi on the third island. It is in the 2nd town on that island.

That is important because black belt gi sucks to make.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Yeah, I've have a few people on my friends list who push stuff to some pretty extreme places...

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Trust makes no sense to me, but I guess it's either a whale thing or a uh, script overnight as above thing, which is staggeringly stupid.

After playing for several weeks I think my absolute most used characters have maybe 5-10% at most? At my current pace I'll max a handful in, oh, a year.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

victrix posted:

Trust makes no sense to me, but I guess it's either a whale thing or a uh, script overnight as above thing, which is staggeringly stupid.

After playing for several weeks I think my absolute most used characters have maybe 5-10% at most? At my current pace I'll max a handful in, oh, a year.

There will be fusion fodder that gives it a kick. Said fodder is going to be incredibly rare and limited to event rewards, but you could probably max two teams of five in a year as a scriptless F2P player! :shepface:

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Black Garb over Black Belt Gi? Come on now.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

There will be fusion fodder that gives it a kick. Said fodder is going to be incredibly rare and limited to event rewards, but you could probably max two teams of five in a year as a scriptless F2P player! :shepface:

I guess as long as nothing in the game actually requires you to have a TM loaded party to complete that's fine :|

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

TooManyUzukis posted:

Yeah, I've have a few people on my friends list who push stuff to some pretty extreme places...

Jesus christ...

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

What should I be doing about material storage? Do I need to spend the lapis to get extra slots or can I safely get rid of a bunch of mats?

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

SilverMike posted:

What should I be doing about material storage? Do I need to spend the lapis to get extra slots or can I safely get rid of a bunch of mats?

Generally keep around one stack of everything (give or take 20-30 of an item). Unless you're a goon who ground out those 80/160 Demon Hearts, then several slots will probably be full to the brim of A. Farplane Souls and B. Dark Crysts, because holy gently caress the number you need of both for Void Vessels is just...loving stupid. And it seems the upcoming event IS loving WORSE than Demons Unleashed.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have 80 slots right now. I might go to 90 just so I can grind without earth stones killing my vibe.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I have 80 material slots and that's enough to hold everything, including the Demon Hearts and the Massive Stones, as well as two collections of Dark Crysts. About every three days I have to go in and sell off 40 or so of anything I have more than 99 of that isn't Dark Crysts. As soon as I make the Gravity Rod that'll clear up three slots and then it'll be even longer before I have to make room.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

TooManyUzukis posted:

:stare:

Holy poo poo.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I keep trying on the rate up banner because I want Lenna, and WoL would be nice to have, too.

I've gotten four Tellahs. :shepicide:

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
two Tellah and Lenna. really tempted to just whale for WoL at this point

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I somehow encountered a bug, when I was doing the quest for Earth Key #20 which requires you to enter Zadehl Westersands. There were no random encounters, no resource points, and the quest objective didn't give me the key when I picked it up. The quest completed and now I can't seem to get the key in any way. Has anyone else encountered a bug like this?

The Charm Bangle seems like an accessory that I don't want to miss.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mischalaniouse posted:

I somehow encountered a bug, when I was doing the quest for Earth Key #20 which requires you to enter Zadehl Westersands. There were no random encounters, no resource points, and the quest objective didn't give me the key when I picked it up. The quest completed and now I can't seem to get the key in any way. Has anyone else encountered a bug like this?

The Charm Bangle seems like an accessory that I don't want to miss.

I didn't have anything like that; it sounds like something you should try taking to Gumi support.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mile'ionaha posted:

Hey guys.

I know my AHK script didn't work on most people's Nox clients because of sizing.

But if you DID make it work, I modified it.

Now it grinds trust on Earth Shrine: Exit while also grinding Item Useage!

Just make your top 5 items something cheaply purchasable.

I'm using Potions, Echo Herbs, Smelling Salts, Antidote, and Eye Drops. Easy to afford 200 of each.

Everyone uses one of each, and the guest character kills a single monster. Repeat 'til all monsters and Boss dead, then wait ~4 minutes.

This one does NOT use lapis, and is designed to run roughly once per 5min.

http://pastebin.com/bk3mYgaw

Excellent build.

I may try something similar with Nox, but I just need the actual error message to show up so I can pin point where it is on the screen. I'll just inject that extra mouse click to the existing script.

As much as I'd like to do the Item burn I worry that if I hit any lag spike it'll ruin the overall script by clicking on something else. It'll take some tweaking.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Huh, looks like Zidane will be on that main banner. Hope he'll still be on that solo banner too though.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

MohShuvuu posted:

two Tellah and Lenna. really tempted to just whale for WoL at this point

I was going to say to save it for Lightning but I just looked at the Japanese tier list and WoL has the same ranking. So go for it.

http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Looks like the next event will be an exploraton with some new recipies hidden in chests. Also, rare monsters that drop new ingredients. What do you think, will Gumi overestimate the usefulness of hp 15% and make it cost 100 of each new ingredient?

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

SilverMike posted:

If you decide to start scripting, like me, you might find you need 110 to let things run overnight.

m.hache posted:

Excellent build.

Thank you! It's quite slapdash and I didn't bother to learn how For-Loops work in AHK (and just now realized a While loop could have worked... alas), but it seems to do the job.

And boy howdy does it do the job.

If running overnight you need 300 of each item in your inventory, which comes out to ~210,000 gil to run overnight.

But now my item useage has gone from ~800 to 2600, which means I only need to run the script ~4 more times.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The New Allies announcement features Amarant and Lani, with increased drop rates for Kuja, Zidane, and Vivi.

There is a distinct lack of Freya. :(

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

jaclynhyde posted:

The New Allies announcement features Amarant and Lani, with increased drop rates for Kuja, Zidane, and Vivi.

It's ok, she was my favorite, too. She'll come later, I'm sure.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012

jaclynhyde posted:

Eaugh. That is a bad, bad, baaaaaad banner.

So many Vivis and Lanis to pull in a vain attempt at Zidane. Even Kuja and Amarant aren't really worth getting. Freya and Garnet nowhere to be seen.

Bad.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i'm considering pulling more on the current banner for wol rather than the next ugh

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Captaindirtnap posted:

Eaugh. That is a bad, bad, baaaaaad banner.

So many Vivis and Lanis to pull in a vain attempt at Zidane. Even Kuja and Amarant aren't really worth getting. Freya and Garnet nowhere to be seen.

Bad.

Yeah, as long as that 24 hour banner just for Zidane still happens I'll probably wait for that and burn away on it until I get him. Then probably just waiting around to try and get struck by Lightning. Or the Tactics banner, because gently caress it.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Cry Havoc posted:

i'm considering pulling more on the current banner for wol rather than the next ugh

:same:

I really could use a Full Break user for the coliseum and Tellah would help bring together a FF4 party (and really another good caster, I only have Golbez and Kefka). Plus I don't care much for any FF9 character and I'll never bother to grind out a dual wield TM. It just took 15 pulls or so just to get Lenna though, I'm not sure if I want to blow all my summer sale tickets on my bad rng streak this banner.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Where's a good area to farm Dragon Fangs for crafting Hyper Wrists?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Zebia posted:

I was going to say to save it for Lightning but I just looked at the Japanese tier list and WoL has the same ranking. So go for it.

http://altema.jp/ffbe/unit

Convinced me to try for WoL with my tickets, 3 Kains, a Cyan, and a Clyne later I'm pretty sure I used up all my luck pulling 5* Exdeath, and 3* kefka, garland, and golbez on the last banner

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is it worth blowing a magic key for Barblizzara?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

victrix posted:

Is it worth blowing a magic key for Barblizzara?

It'll be very useful for when you get to the Intermediate S-rank 5 in the Colosseum, because the boss for that is a crazy buffed up Snow Dragon. So I'd say yes, now that we're technically swimming in magic keys from those packages.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I'm still gonna pull on that Zidane banner because DW is that good, but it is definitely an awful collection of dudes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I'll make one pull on the FF9 banner and that's it, I'll wait until his solo banner because I don't care about anyone else on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
people are saying there won't be a solo banner ie the data mined stuff is not what's upcoming

• Locked thread