Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

corbyn leaves the Guardian on the floor to read Private Eye instead
good man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Cerv posted:

no you won't cos the trolley will have pancaked you

Sounds like you're still struggling with your trolleys, friend.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Aug 16, 2016

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

These guys were handing out freepost postcards at brighton and lewes stations today. The staff approved and everyone took loads.

http://actionforrail.org/

e: the text is 'your mp name' and do something

i loving hate twitter but its #Southernfail and #railripoff

Seaside Loafer fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 16, 2016

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Seaside Loafer posted:

These guys were handing out freepost postcards at brighton and lewes stations today. The staff approved and everyone took loads.

Did you also take a load while at the station?

This needs to be in the op

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Cerv posted:

good man

Holy poo poo I missed that!

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Cerv posted:

good man

Private Eye has almost as big a hate boner for Corbyn as the Graun, I'm impressed he continues to read both.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Kegluneq posted:

Private Eye has almost as big a hate boner for Corbyn as the Graun, I'm impressed he continues to read both.

IIRC he reads all the papers including the Heil. Gotta know what the enemy's thinking.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

IIRC he reads all the papers including the Heil. Gotta know what the enemy's thinking.

Is that how the trots got to him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kegluneq posted:

private eye covers actual corruption the rest ignore so it at least has that going for it

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

IIRC he reads all the papers including the Heil.
"Oh, I have my own Sturm Abteilung* now. I wonder if I should get them picking up litter and helping people cross the street.
*that is the SA, which is bad."

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

ThaumPenguin posted:

Is that how the trots got to him

No that's from sitting on the train floor.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Guavanaut posted:

SA, which is bad

tru fax :goon:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Well, Tom Watson is goony as gently caress and look how much good he's done for Corbs.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Did I miss road chat? Because I would have contributed but was stuck on the westbound M27 between Junction 2 and where it becomes the A31 because apparently merging in turn when it goes from three lanes to two is too loving hard for people to work out

Its not hard to work out, its just merging the fast lane full of twats in BMW's into the middle lane full of salesman refusing to move over means it grinds to a halt. I used to drive that road every day and without a shadow of the doubt I'd get further if I just sat in the left lane until Ringwood.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
given that this is the Marxism thread, I was wondering, is anyone going to the Avante! festival in Portugal first weekend in September? It's organised by the communist party and I am going.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I think my friend is going, say hi if you see him. He'll be the one wearing a keffiyeh and a red star on his lapel.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Oh no the Euro thread went over maximum nazi.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

serious gaylord posted:

Its not hard to work out, its just merging the fast lane full of twats in BMW's into the middle lane full of salesman refusing to move over means it grinds to a halt. I used to drive that road every day and without a shadow of the doubt I'd get further if I just sat in the left lane until Ringwood.

that section, the westbound section of the M27 from Portsmouth to Southampton, the A3 into Guildford, the M27 for a junction either side of Whiteley, the list goes on and on and on. I really wish I was back in a desk job but I do love driving so :shrug:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Regarde Aduck posted:

Yeah lol. 20 pages arguing about whether or not certain articles of clothing are banned/mandatory in public in Europe. Glad that we'd never have a derail that long or stupid.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

big scary monsters posted:

I think my friend is going, say hi if you see him. He'll be the one wearing a keffiyeh and a red star on his lapel.

that narrows it down!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Regarde Aduck posted:

Quick, we need to raise the Brexit Level to yellow and purple to make sure that they don't send their violent bigoted refugees to the UKMT.

big scary monsters posted:

Yeah lol. 20 pages arguing about whether or not certain articles of clothing are banned/mandatory in public in Europe. Glad that we'd never have a derail that long or stupid.
Wait until May bans wearing the Breton Cap in public after a private member's bill from Watson.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I don't think I'll be going.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what will you be doing instead?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's not that I'm too busy I just can't afford to travel to Portugal for a communist festival.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

Quick, we need to raise the Brexit Level to yellow and purple to make sure that they don't send their violent bigoted refugees to the UKMT.

I think we'll be ok. I get the impression most of the nazi's are alt right Americans more than traditional European fascist trash.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

It's not that I'm too busy I just can't afford to travel to Portugal for a communist festival.

that's a shame

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I'm going to the Lake District to do some nice walking

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

that's a shame

It's OK. I imagine only the richest anti-capitalists will be attending.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Portugal is a lovely country and has my approval.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Portugal is better then England and has my approval for being better then England.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Pissflaps posted:

And the Portuguese presumably.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pissflaps posted:

it's 23 euros a ticket and 7 euros 50 cents to camp there, it's cheap for the portugese and whilst they do host communist parties from around the world it seems more of a local festival for the people who shook off a dictator in the 70s.

the UK has forgotten what the left wing even is in reality

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Flaps I'm pretty sure you can buy it for fairly cheap if you're not busy and interested!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Extreme0 posted:

Portugal is better then England and has my approval for being better then England.

It really is. Those custard tarts. Wowie zowie!

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 16, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Another nice destination is bed.

I'd recommend everyone to go to bed.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

Another nice destination is bed.

I'd recommend everyone to go to bed.

I'm already in bed.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
portugal is great and all the drugs are decriminalised and the wine and fish is cheap and amazing

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

JFairfax posted:

it's 23 euros a ticket and 7 euros 50 cents to camp there, it's cheap for the portugese and whilst they do host communist parties from around the world it seems more of a local festival for the people who shook off a dictator in the 70s.

the UK has forgotten what the left wing even is in reality

I meant more the travel costs really. Are you hitching?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
It's settled then. Portugal best country as voted for by UKMT. Someone should tell them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

We can have a booth at the festival!

• Locked thread