Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Hello BSS, I am dying of humidity, please send help to the swampland that used to be my home.
Hi, welcome to my life. AC 24/7.

Little Mac posted:

Also we're going to do a DC event next, though I'm the only DC fan in our group. Which one should we do for ease of access? I was thinking Identity Crisis since I know a lot of people got into DC through that, regrettable though it may be. Or maybe Millennium? What's a good one?
Here's some smaller ones, though I can't vouch for quality: Legends, Invasion, DC One Million, Bloodlines (this might be fun if you want something to make fun of), Blackest Night, Sinestro Corps War (someone mentioned above, and I agree it would be a good one and it gives you a good comparison of Marvel and DC's cosmic stuff), Death and Return of Superman, Knightfall (these two might be best covered together, though, since they're vaguely contemporary)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Little Mac posted:

Also we're going to do a DC event next, though I'm the only DC fan in our group. Which one should we do for ease of access? I was thinking Identity Crisis since I know a lot of people got into DC through that, regrettable though it may be. Or maybe Millennium? What's a good one?

Armageddon 2001

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

END ME SCOOB posted:

People told me the tank stealth sections were going to be what made me want to quit this

For this much of your post, I thought you were taking about Prez and was extremely confused.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Prez has a drone section full of scrumptious tacos. :chef:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm reading the 1997 Heroes For Hire series and I don't know if Pasqual Ferry's art is getting better or I'm just getting used to it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gaunab posted:

I'm reading the 1997 Heroes For Hire series and I don't know if Pasqual Ferry's art is getting better or I'm just getting used to it.

That was such a poo poo book from beginning to end.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

That was such a poo poo book from beginning to end.

i like it

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Yeah. It didn't take itself too seriously. Plus it had one of the better costumes for Luke Cage.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't been following it very well or for very long, but now that I am, I am so excited to see Luke Cage in September. Abs. Heaven above.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Man, Stormwatch: Team Achilles is ridiculous. I don't know if I've ever seen such a sustained display of digwaggery.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Here's a trailer for Harley Quinn and Deadshot in Injustice 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RObMCHkOuo

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Roth posted:

Here's a trailer for Harley Quinn and Deadshot in Injustice 2.
No tuxedo skin, no sale.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If Deadshot isn't the most obnoxious zoner possible then video games have failed as an art form.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That was already Deathstroke.

You know, the sword guy.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm guessing Deadshot is replacing Deathstroke in this game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Roth posted:

I'm guessing Deadshot is replacing Deathstroke in this game.

Considering how much of Injustice 1's story was about sucking Deathstroke's dick, that's incredibly unlikely.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Does he feed his guns the super-pills that let Alfred beat up Superman, or what?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Squizzle posted:

Does he feed his guns the super-pills that let Alfred beat up Superman, or what?

Their actually all miniature rail guns, clearly.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I can't get past Batman calling her "Har-Lee"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Squizzle posted:

They're obviously not leaving wounds, so he's just using them as thousands of tiny little punches.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ferrule posted:

I can't get past Batman calling her "Har-Lee"

Isn't he calling her Harleen? Like her actual name?

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Gaz-L posted:

Isn't he calling her Harleen? Like her actual name?

Oh maybe. It just sounded so weird. A weird pronunciation and pause between Har and Ly

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I see that Invincible is ending (next year).

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Roth posted:

If Deadshot isn't the most obnoxious zoner possible then video games have failed as an art form.

Based on that one ricochet shot, I hope he gives Hol Horse a run for his money.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Space Fish posted:

Based on that one ricochet shot, I hope he gives Hol Horse a run for his money.

Hol Horse is inexplicably a terrible shot, despite his one super power being that he has an IRL aimbot.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

To be fair, that's a relatively lame power to have in Jojo.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Man, Stormwatch: Team Achilles is ridiculous. I don't know if I've ever seen such a sustained display of digwaggery.

I love it and was sad when the writer got fired for IMPERSONATING A NAVY SEAL TO GET THE GIG I MEAN HOLY poo poo WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!

But, no, the main character seeing his anti-powered team slowly fill up with powered individuals and how that effects him really seemed like a cool direction. That era of Wildstorm was great. Wildcats 3.0 was being published at the time too.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"

Soonmot posted:

I love it and was sad when the writer got fired for IMPERSONATING A NAVY SEAL TO GET THE GIG I MEAN HOLY poo poo WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?!

But, no, the main character seeing his anti-powered team slowly fill up with powered individuals and how that effects him really seemed like a cool direction. That era of Wildstorm was great. Wildcats 3.0 was being published at the time too.

I liked it when I read a long time ago, when I was going through the Authority stuff, but reading it now is so off-putting. It's like if someone took the "superheroes? heh, more like superdweebs" attitude of the The Boys and didn't even have the sense of humor Ennis put in it. The Authority jobbing for them so completely was real weird.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

There was that book of leftist memes put on WW2 era propaganda posters where the author claimed to be an Army Ranger and that turned out to be completely fabricated.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Well, my house got robbed last night. Got taken for $400, and my roommate and his girlfriend were held at gunpoint while I was out late at the bar. Might be out of the comic game for a bit while I recoup my losses. The guys at the shop might hook me up for my birthday next week, but it's the last thing I'm worried about right now. Thanks for letting me vent.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yikes, that loving sucks dude. I'm really sorry.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Die Laughing posted:

Well, my house got robbed last night. Got taken for $400, and my roommate and his girlfriend were held at gunpoint while I was out late at the bar. Might be out of the comic game for a bit while I recoup my losses. The guys at the shop might hook me up for my birthday next week, but it's the last thing I'm worried about right now. Thanks for letting me vent.

That sucks dude. If you need to know any stupid poo poo happening in comics just ask. I will be happy to spoil any developments for ya.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

That sucks a lot but at least everyone is unhurt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's terrifying.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Die Laughing posted:

Jesus loving Christ, I'm glad no one was hurt but that's goddamned horrible. Did they only steal cash or was anything else stolen?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Money, my PS4 games, and everyone else's keys. I just missed them by two minutes. Luckily I was at the local bar until four in the morning. The joys of being right outside Detroit.

My roommate is at his girlfriends place, and I'm having trouble sleeping. I know they're not coming back, but I can't help but be on edge. Gonna read some DC One Million until I pass out.

Got a question for people reading comics in the late nineties: What were the Chase, Creeper, and Chronos books like? All three had good One Million issues, but I know nothing else about them.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Chase is great. Especially as an early JH Williams (Batwoman) comic.

e: And I only read it a few years ago, so I think it holds up fine.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Aug 18, 2016

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's absolutely terrible and I'm incredibly sorry, Die Laughing. I can't imagine how you must feel. :(

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well, that had to be horrifying for your roommate and his girlfriend, jesus. :( Glad no one was hurt.

To answer your question, Chase is a stone-cold classic. There's a trade out that collects everything, as once the series ended, she starred in like 12 Secret Files & Origins short stories (still plotted by Dan Curtis Johnson and JH Williams III, who drew a few of them as well). This is easily the best of the bunch, and the one I can say "Read it now!" with no hesitation. Chronos is super low-key and not your standard time-travelling narrative, and may seem underwhelming, but it's very charming nonetheless. The 1M issue really has nothing to do with the rest of the series, whereas the Chase 1M issue acts as an epilogue/denouement for the monthlies.

You know what, poo poo, PM me your address and I'll send you my hardbound copies of Chase and Chronos. I've long since read them, they're some of my earlier binds, and they could use a new home.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I'm really sorry to hear that Die Laughing. I hope you can recover from your brush with crime and maybe wring a true-life Batman story out of it like Dini did. And in the end you marry a beautiful woman who looks like your favorite DC Comics heroine.

• Locked thread