Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Pass into the Titty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Really Pants posted:

September 6th.

Excellent, but oh god drat it DQ7 is like the next week!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Excellent, but oh god drat it DQ7 is like the next week!

You should play Cold Steel 2 instead of a bad game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DQ7 remake looks cool

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I can't believe it's possible to turn the boring slog that was the original into a fun game but we'll see

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
DQ7, then SMT4Apoc soon as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I might see SMT4A here around this time next year

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
All reports I've heard say the DQ7 remake is fantastic.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Supposedly Tokyo Xanadu (JP/Asia version) was decrypted and is able to be installed with the Henkaku exploit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I can't believe it's possible to turn the boring slog that was the original into a fun game but we'll see

My understanding is that they turned the 100 hour game into a 50 to 60 hour one

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It's accurate for the anime but is obviously very toned down for the game. As for the game, is pretty drat fun and the pseudo smash bros mode is pretty entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEVj3DyvfuE

I think that is PQube being cheeky since that was a common reaction at the game's announcement back in July

https://twitter.com/infernal_monkey/status/751378815000072192

I have to imagine that there are similar games that won't kill anyone with an ounce of shame on the vita

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Improbable Lobster posted:

I have to imagine that there are similar games that won't kill anyone with an ounce of shame on the vita

Honestly I never understood that posture. I pass my lunchbreak and commutes to work playing the game and no one bats an eye or even give a gently caress about it.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Honestly I never understood that posture. I pass my lunchbreak and commutes to work playing the game and no one bats an eye or even give a gently caress about it.

Yeah nobody gives a poo poo what some random weirdo is playing on their Vita, getting embarrassed about that is really weird IMO.

Having said that, Vita thread please don't play Valkyrie Drive when actually good Vita games are out, such as Shiren the Wanderer. The game is really good, if any of you ever enjoyed a roguelike before you owe it to yourself to play it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm baffled that after all those years P4 is still a best selling game.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
P4 golden is like the reason to own a vita, everything else is supplementery

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

more people know what persona is than most of the other ones, plus it's still one of the best games available on the platform

Pureauthor posted:

DQ7, then SMT4Apoc soon as well.

aw man I totally forgot about the smt4 sequel. gonna have to pick that up too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm baffled that after all those years P4 is still a best selling game.

It's one of the like 3 good games ever released for the system lol.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:shrug: I found P3 to be better.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

p3 would be up there if it was a vita game mate

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:shrug: I found P3 to be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCT5e4VyMHA

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Dehry posted:

Supposedly Tokyo Xanadu (JP/Asia version) was decrypted and is able to be installed with the Henkaku exploit.

Some idiot developer probably left a DRM-free version on a Vita, like the Adventure Time game that's floating around.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We'll have to see what happens. The original forum is in Chinese and I haven't found the discussion, only hearsay about if it's a developer copy or an actual decrypt method.

The files do work though. Definitely picking up Tokyo Xanadu next year after getting through the first dungeon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baal posted:

I don't care about it either but... I am tired of seeing it.

pretty much

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wish any of the Vita titty games were even a fraction as good or fun as Onechanbara Z2.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

mandatory lesbian posted:

P4 golden is like the reason to own a vita, everything else is supplementery

I never got the hype around P4 or why it became such a hit among jrpg fans. I'd love to hear an explanation for the mass appeal it has.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You can play it alone in your room and pretend to have friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

I never got the hype around P4 or why it became such a hit among jrpg fans. I'd love to hear an explanation for the mass appeal it has.

It's fun colorful and reminds people of wiling away the high school summers with your friends

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurazuka posted:

You can play it alone in your room and pretend to have friends

No, that's WoW.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Slur posted:

Yu himself gets a lot of attention from Otome fans. There was one video of the Japanese Persona spinoff announcement live on the street and a lot of women started squealing whenever he showed up on screen. The anime also gained a lot of fans (which is where I started personally.) Yu as a character was so hilarious and the writers had a field day when they had to expand an event that even in the games took 10 minutes into a full half hour episode. It also helped there was a solid game behind all the school life bits. It's pretty much why we have the Yu in all the spinoff games that came out.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And Persona 5 is a coffee brewing simulator so you can now fantasize about being a functional adult :v:

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/persona-5-cafe-training-gameplay

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Finally I can perfect my technique.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why doesn't someone make a game that's life, but good

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Why doesn't someone make a game that's life, but good

You can't make diamonds out of a turd.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

just lmao if persona 4 isn't like your real life

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the thing i came to this thread to ask: is there a good overview of the plot events of ultra despair girls somewhere? i'm certainly not going to play it, but now i'm watching the DR3 animes and feel like i should fill in that gap.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just found out about limited run games. How often do those come out?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

They do a couple every month, and they usually sell out in 5 minutes since they have small runs and ship worldwide. I think they had an Octodad stay in stock all day and that was the longest lasting one.

Also, apparently this PS4 Slim being real confirms something looking like a PSP being produced by Foxconn.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

They usually do two releases per month. Like, a couple of days ago it was Rainbow Moon (Vita and PS4) and Shadow Complex (PS4).

This is now one of the rarest Vita titles (2500 copies printed worldwide, AFAIK) and they even sent me a pretty postcard. They're pretty cool in my book.

Dehry posted:

Also, apparently this PS4 Slim being real confirms something looking like a PSP being produced by Foxconn.

Uh? What did I miss?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

the thing i came to this thread to ask: is there a good overview of the plot events of ultra despair girls somewhere? i'm certainly not going to play it, but now i'm watching the DR3 animes and feel like i should fill in that gap.

the dangan ronpa wiki has big plot recaps on all the character pages and the page for the game itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Saoshyant posted:

Uh? What did I miss?

The Neogaf thread on the leak has a link to some chinese forum where a guy drew a crude image of it alongside the product model number two months back. Later in the thread he mentioned the PSP line making something new.