Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

What the gently caress? This episode has teardrop in the intro

There are two or three episodes that just randomly have the normal intro instead of the EU one. Enjoy it, it's like when you order a 3-piece chicken strips and get 4 of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the netflix cops aren't vigilant enough

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I'll make the website

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
"Yeah, we really only figured out how to make watchable television in 2016 with popular 80s reference Stranger Things. Literally everything made before that point is terrible because it's EPISODIC. Please punch me in the mouth."

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hyperbolic. It's a good show, but it does play it safe with character arcs until the end.

It's not Dexter. Thank God

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

the third episode actually was a bad idea after all lol we were both quite sad after I should have listened

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I skipped straight to season 2. I rewatched the pilot with a friend who'd never seen the show. Sorry Sam

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Celluloid Sam posted:

the third episode actually was a bad idea after all lol we were both quite sad after I should have listened

nigga, I told you!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I'm not just a banana firing a gun on the back of a speeding warthog. I know things.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you were right for certain we are much better today but we were both like oh drat what a bad idea after all

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Lol they do CPR on this woman for three hours?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Volcott posted:

"Yeah, we really only figured out how to make watchable television in 2016 with popular 80s reference Stranger Things. Literally everything made before that point is terrible because it's EPISODIC. Please punch me in the mouth."
what the gently caress are you talking about?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

loving foreman drenched in sweat lol. Teams of nurses doing cPr relay race

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

What the gently caress? This episode has teardrop in the intro

Netflix had some really oddball things for me with audio over the years.

I once watched an episode of BSG on some service and I think was devoid of any dialogue audio but musical score was still intact. Then I watched a movie called Comic Book Diaries that the audio was so horribly out of sync that I thought I was watching FMV from a Sega CD game.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I wonder what they talked about. Did they eventually get someone to turn on the TV or put on some CPR-in' music or something

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

CJacobs posted:

I wonder what they talked about. Did they eventually get someone to turn on the TV or put on some CPR-in' music or something

links 2 3 4 by rammstein

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

House was pretty great until the Hamilton guy fucks it all up

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
When the Kal Penn suicide episode first aired a friend of mine started complaining because House never takes any Vicodin on camera and it "ruined the character" or something. At first I argued that you don't NEED to see him bashing in pills to know he's doing it. We never see anyone taking a poo poo, it's just implied. Y'know? Then I thought maybe the mystery of Kal Penn killing himself had him so caught up that he forgot about his pain, which I think was a good answer but might be too fan-wanky.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Lmao at Wilson getting slipped a bunch of amphetamines

I'm not on anti-depressants, I'm on SPEED!!

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
If i wanted to listen to some old grumpy human being blabbing about bullshit no one cares about i'd put up a mirror and cut my own balls open op

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The season where House makes a bunch of doctors compete in a running contest to become Doc Gangstas like himself was "so dumb it's fun." I liked the one where the lady starts making GBS threads out of her mouth because it reminded me of SomethingAwful.

I also liked the mini-arc where Omar Epps leaves House to work somewhere else. He pulls some House-like poo poo to save a patient and gets fired, so he comes back. He asks for a new position with his own staff and a raise because he's a really good Doctor and his boss goes "That's very reasonable, and I am never going to give you any of it. You worked for House and pulled a House move outside of House's House (House) which makes you radioactive in the medical community. Now I am the only decent hospital that will hire you so you will do whatever the hell I want you to, and what I want is for you to be House's babysitter."

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I like the bit where Olivia Wilde is making out with another woman

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
iirc the only guy she ever makes out with on the whole show is Foreman lol

edit:

I'm watching season 6 and chase is a good singer, I am glad the writers gave him a chance to show off his pipes by making the b-story for this episode weird as all hell

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 22, 2016

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Jeff Sichoe posted:

If i wanted to listen to some old grumpy human being blabbing about bullshit no one cares about i'd put up a mirror and cut my own balls open op

Saves you a Netflix subscription I guess.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

mind the walrus posted:

The season where House makes a bunch of doctors compete in a running contest to become Doc Gangstas like himself was "so dumb it's fun." I liked the one where the lady starts making GBS threads out of her mouth because it reminded me of SomethingAwful.

I also liked the mini-arc where Omar Epps leaves House to work somewhere else. He pulls some House-like poo poo to save a patient and gets fired, so he comes back. He asks for a new position with his own staff and a raise because he's a really good Doctor and his boss goes "That's very reasonable, and I am never going to give you any of it. You worked for House and pulled a House move outside of House's House (House) which makes you radioactive in the medical community. Now I am the only decent hospital that will hire you so you will do whatever the hell I want you to, and what I want is for you to be House's babysitter."

Oh that's great cause just before foreman leaves cuddy offers to triple his salary, give him his own diagnostic department and staff. Owned hard

Nicomo
Jan 22, 2015
House is an rear end

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Nicomo posted:

House is an rear end

How are you liking S1E1 so far?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Dr Buffer is kick rear end

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Season four opens strong

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Anyone can be a doctor!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

That bitch didn't like starwa r d. She deserved to die.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Please sign the consent form

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
First twenty seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUPqupsZrQ

You ever tighten a guitar string, really, really slowly?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Man, I like Taub. It makes me sad how hard his character gets shafted regarding his former spouse-cheating lifestyle because he and Foreman are like the only two characters on that show that are... like... normal people, intentionally. Everyone else has something wrong with them or has some tragic past that keeps coming up or some other drama related to them but Taub is just Taub. It's refreshing.

edit: But even then, in the Kutner suicide episode they imply that Taub once tried to kill himself and it's like why?? Why can't he just be a normal guy with no dark troubled past??

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The pilot in this episode was the older sister in Disney's smart guy

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Chase wasn't tragic either, right? Just kinda a suck up.

I still don't really know why he got fired so quickly. Just cause he was mad about foreman? Seemed strange

I like how cuddy broke down the team members, essentially how house did on the airline: you agree with everything, you disagree with everything, you question my ethics:

Foreman would've gone outta his way to prove the crush building patient had one illness, Chase would've tried to prove house was right, and Cameron would've worked to try and prove the guy knew his girlfriend

ziasquinn fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 22, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
House: how can we scan a liver without an MRI you know more about liver cancer than anyone

Wilson: so you want to share the secret scanning techniques I learned in Nepal? The monks swore me to secrecy

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The episode where three girls Chase hooked up with band together to photoshop a pic of him to have a micropenis and put it online in revenge is a beautiful piece of television

edit:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Aug 23, 2016

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I like dhte ending where House is playing air-keyboard to Baba O'Riley and then Cuddy or someone barges in, cutting him off and goes, "Your patient died and you're fired."

loving knee-capped, dude!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Aww yuss the bus crash two parter is on

• Locked thread