Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I preordered both Arcadia Quest: Inferno and Arcadia Quest: Masmorra. I've gotten a lot of milage out of the original Arcadia Quest so I'm pretty confident that it'll be an enjoyable game but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
i didnt do any of the things above or in the thread. Guess its another win

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

lol the Games thread just got locked by a mod.

Always the sign of a quality title.

VVV e: It's a good game VVV

ahahahhaa

Hogge Wild posted:

how bad is the games thread about it

are people getting banned for saying that it's bad

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
What about Destiny ? What a disappointment that was ! Why is it so hard to make a good game in space ? Dead Space was good, so it's possible.

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
i heard that if you mine enough iridium u can craft a version of the game that isn't bad

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Chomp8645 posted:

How wude to criticize No Man's Sky! It's meesa favorite a game!

:staredog:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Glad I resisted the temptation to make a snarky post in there.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
This game would be much better if the entire point was just to craft more and more parts on your ship until it gets to the point where it can envelop entire planets for minerals like Unicron.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quote-Unquote posted:

It's me I preordered Spore and it was the last time I preordered anything other than DLC for games that I already loved

same

took Spore to drill in the lesson Fable taught me and now I just pay 0 attention to hype and E3 and all that poo poo. Lets me enjoy mediocre games, too, bc I don't have pumped up expectations.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

Glad I resisted the temptation to make a snarky post in there.

never pay more than 20$ for a game and never post in games

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

never pay more than 20$ for a game and never post in games

I posted in the Factorio thread for a while. That game is pretty awesome.

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
that kid from school who claimed his dad worked for nintendo spearheaded the marketing campaign of no mans sky

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i got it on ps4 and its only crashed 3 times which im grateful for because apparently it sucks dicks on pc. for serios tho i like the part with the space ships and going to a new system and you can see 5 anets off the break and u land on one and its covered in corrosive acid rain and you leave and the next o e is frozen with pine trees and poo poo and you explore a while and find a undergrou d cave system full of valuable mi erals that goes on for miles and you think ur lost and ur runnign out of space but u can leterally tunnel thru the ground up to ur space ship and u find ancient ruins and learn alien languqges and learn their history and crazy 6 legged dog creatures get pissed at u and try to bite u and u can feed the silly llama things that are like 20 feet tall and then u discover this poo poo and upgrade ur poo poo and smoke a bowl and fly thru space like a super chill boss and find floating monuments with ancient alien technology and everything is huge in scope and pretty and it makes u think this could really happen far in the future when earth is gone and what a mind gently caress that is but everything else about it sucks

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
i bought no mans sky and i flew to earth and i found my apartment and i looked in the window and i saw myself playing no mans sky

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It sounds like a chill game to pick up and play every now and again but it also sounds like it suffers from exactly what everyone said it would bc it is all procedurally generated: too same-y, gets boring quickly, little actual gameplay.

Might be chill to pick up on sale or whatever but yeah lol at the people expecting some epic space multiplayer game.

Bike without wheels
Jan 2, 2005

this post
its so like gamers to follow in their parents footsteps and settle for disappointment

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Moridin920 posted:

It sounds like a chill game to pick up and play every now and again but it also sounds like it suffers from exactly what everyone said it would bc it is all procedurally generated: too same-y, gets boring quickly, little actual gameplay.

Might be chill to pick up on sale or whatever but yeah lol at the people expecting some epic space multiplayer game.

On top of the general lack of content, what gameplay it does have is borked up/stupid. I don't want to drone on so I'll just give you a single example. During space combat your shields do not automatically recharge even if you have the necessary resources. You have to open your inventory and manual select the appropriate resource and feed it to the shield generator. During combat. No pausing.

This is typical of their game mechanics.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Green Day Are Worried About Violent Video Games

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Everyone should go and buy the Witcher 3 + all the expansions (on sale this weekend on steam) as a palate cleanser. Then sit there weeping once you've completed the game because you realize that every other game is absolute trash in comparison and your life is hollow.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Kaedric posted:

Everyone should go and buy the Witcher 3 + all the expansions (on sale this weekend on steam) as a palate cleanser. Then sit there weeping once you've completed the game because you realize that every other game is absolute trash in comparison and your life is hollow.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Witcher 3 sounds good but actually instead of that I'm gonna buy The Last Train and that one Adventure game about the kid who's trapped in an evil facility (just as soon as I can remember the name).

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Applewhite posted:

what's factorio

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
what are some insanely cinematic and tightly paced adventure/story games that are rich with substance and story but also epic moments and not over 20 hours long?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Kaedric posted:

Yeah. And once you've absorbed the plot go play a game with good gameplay such as Dark Souls 3.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Hogge Wild posted:

what's factorio

It's a top down logistics management game. You play a stranded spaceman who needs to build parts for his spaceship and you start from scratch. There's some crafting like Minecraft but the object of the game is to build an assembly line to do all the crafting for you. It's addictive as gently caress if you have a weakness for that sort of thing.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kuato posted:

$60 is a lot of money to some people, like the sad sack piece of poo poo OP for instance.

I drank $60 worth of whiskey last night

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

loving hug box videogame retards

Didn't that mod post how he thought the game was good in GBS

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

$60 is a lot of money to some people, like the sad sack piece of poo poo OP for instance.

I don't care how rich you are, $60 is a lot of money.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chomp8645 posted:

During space combat your shields do not automatically recharge even if you have the necessary resources. You have to open your inventory and manual select the appropriate resource and feed it to the shield generator. During combat. No pausing.

This is typical of their game mechanics.

lmao

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I don't think I've ever seen more than 20 dollars together

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I preordered the sexy BBW simulator "Haydee" from Steam. I'm expecting a huge return on my investment.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I'm pissed I even wasted the electricity required to torrent this piece of poo poo so I can only imagine how angry I'd be if I paid for it. I love hearing about how cool and "in touch with the demo" all these small-batch indie devs are while they serve BS like this.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

sexy BBW simulator

Tell me more.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Chomp8645 posted:

Tell me more.

You play as a sexy black bbw robot and you do jumping and shooting.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Applewhite posted:

Is there loving?

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Applewhite posted:

I don't care how rich you are, $60 is a lot of money.

i bought an old flogging molly cd and a box of pasta and it only cost me like $11 to put it in perspective

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Applewhite posted:

Hmm, not what I was hoping for.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Applewhite posted:

Yeah, but there's no multiplayer

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Applewhite posted:

i had to stop playing this game because of the intense visual hallucinations it causes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Kaedric posted:

The Polish are hard working people and don't have artisanal, hipster, pseudo-intellectual airs like the creator of No Man Sky.

• Locked thread