Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Y'all hear about that Leslie Jones poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

She's Gwen Stacy in the new Spider-Man movie?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Her stuff got hacked and is being released everywhere including personal pics, etc loving poo poo

quote:

For the second time in just more than a month, Ghostbusters and Saturday Night Live star Leslie Jones has been attacked online, with her personal website allegedly being hacked and now down.

RelatedLeslie Jones To Make NBC Olympics On-Air Debut Tonight
Early Wednesday, the hackers seemingly snagged personal information including Jones’ passport and driver’s license and also posted private photos via iCloud. That material then was posted on her JustLeslie.com. With the photos and other info now removed, a GoDaddy holding page has replaced that site. Also, on her Twitter page, a previous link to the site is gone.

Reps for Jones and SNL did not respond to Deadline’s requests for comment. Jones has not posted anything on Twitter since last Tuesday evening.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That CBR redesign looks fine, if generic. The old design was an eyesore and really poorly designed with poo poo all over the place, so anything's an improvement.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

But why would you ever go there if Comics Should Be Good is gone?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

Exactly this. Hopefully those years and years of columns/articles/reviews/comments haven't just been tossed into the æther. What a poo poo move.

I like that their frontpage headline type is so overly large, half of the titles end in "..." because there just isn't enough room.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Aug 25, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

No arguments there.

Just saying the design itself is fine.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Aphrodite posted:

That reference is like 6 weeks out of date.
It's not even a reference, DC sucks hard.

SynthOrange posted:

Her stuff got hacked and is being released everywhere including personal pics, etc loving poo poo
I mean, I can only assume this is because she had the audacity to act in a film and wow there's no reason her other costars aren't being similarly harassed

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent
Saw a screencap of the page, seems like alt-right hacker revenge for Milo Yiannopoulos getting banned from Twitter/general "fighting back against PC culture" bullshit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Dario the Wop posted:

Saw a screencap of the page, seems like alt-right hacker revenge for Milo Yiannopoulos getting banned from Twitter/general "fighting back against PC culture" bullshit.

That's definitely what the scum of the earth that support the hack are taking it as.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
can we chat about posts made in BSS threads?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Imma talk about dis post right here

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mr Hootington posted:

You can reply to posts in the threads they're posted in. That's what threads are for.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mr Hootington posted:

Some of them are good, some of them are average, and some of them are bad.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Roth posted:

I agree with this, but disagree about which posts are which.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

As an expert in bad posts, I

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mods please make Helldump but just for BSS so I can make threads about how Lurdiak should stop posting.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
i didn't want to helldump, just laugh at the fuckbarrel without derailing a thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Mods please make Helldump but just for BSS so I can make threads about how Lurdiak should stop posting.

Second.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Roth posted:

I think there should be an overall increase in posts of BSS but only if the new posts are overall average or preferably good. More bad posts on BSS is not a strategy I think SA/the mods should pursue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DrProsek posted:

More bad posts on BSS is not a strategy I think SA/the mods should pursue.

YOU CAN'T STOP US.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

YOU CAN'T STOP US.

Oh?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

THAT WAS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

Actually, you are wrong.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

X-O posted:

You can reply to posts in the threads they're posted in. That's what threads are for.

For good posts
And bad posts
I'll be reading all forever more
That's what threads are for

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:justpost:

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Since I read CBR only for the solicits, and the CBR solicits now seem to have every image at full size, rendering those articles useless as I'm mostly only interested in HC collections, what other website should I be reading solicits on? The more lightweight the better.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm on a Luke Cage kick which has me reading through New Avengers (on the second volume). Getting tired of the public constantly forgetting that Norman Osborn is a a crazy person. Also wish the team fought...I guess obvious villains instead of public relation nightmares.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, so, I'm not following these except in a cursory fashion, but why are the comic characters Marvel ought to be putting forward as big heroes in the next couple of years before their movies (like, say, the Inhumans, but also Captain Marvel) mostly coming across as villains?

Everything I see the Inhumans (except Kamala Khan) in makes them look awful.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Rand Brittain posted:

Everything I see the Inhumans (except Kamala Khan) in makes them look awful.

That's mainly because they're awful.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Chaos Hippy posted:

That's mainly because they're awful.

Okay, but why are they awful? Aren't they supposed to be the replacement for mutants in the MCU? Shouldn't they be, like, remotely relatable?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
And Iron Man wasn't supposed to be a Nazi, these things happen in Civil Wars.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Rand Brittain posted:

Okay, but why are they awful? Aren't they supposed to be the replacement for mutants in the MCU? Shouldn't they be, like, remotely relatable?

Making the Inhumans even remotely relatable or likable would involve changing them so drastically that Marvel would be better off just coming up with new characters and calling them Inhumans. Thus, Kamala.

Note: The above does not apply to Lockjaw, AKA the greatest character in Marvel history.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Gaunab posted:

Getting tired of the public constantly forgetting that Norman Osborn is a a crazy person.
Before his stint operating the Thunderbolts, he faked a Green Goblin attack on himself to seem innocent. This was in The Pulse, written by Bendis. I wish they'd made that an issue of Spidey or something, everyone forgets it and I don't think anybody read it at the time. It was the issue where the Goblin killed a Lois Lane analogue (forgot her name). Anyway, that's supposed to be the first step to Dark Reign Osborn, then there was his Thunderbolts stint and then his execution of the Skrull Queen in Secret Invasion. Not saying you're not right in being sick of Osborn, but there was a logic to that plotline at least.

Apropos of nothing, Loeb wrote the Ultimates analogues in Superman/Batman as a response to that Pulse issue (I think they were called the Maximums). He mentioned in an interview how he thought Bendis' Not-Lois-death was in poor taste.

Also, I like the Inhumans. And Hawkman. AND HAL JORDAN. :cool:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I was thinking about the Inhumans on the drive to work today, oddly enough. Mainly how the X-Men are cursed with Fantastic Abilities, but for the most part are probably able to live in polite society, whereas the Inhumans are gifted with extraordinarily bizzare abilities, and choose to remain their own splinternation of like-minded freaks.

Xmutants generally get the Civil/GayQueer Rights label slapped to their plight, but the Inhumans seem more like those folks that rally for Deaf Culture (Inhuman powers likely to be as much a disability as a gift).

It's like Marvel Marvelled themselves with Mutants TOO STRANGE to exist in the world!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FilthyImp posted:

I was thinking about the Inhumans on the drive to work today,

Very hazardous.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Inhumans have had their separate culture around since like the early bronze age or maybe even the stone age. It's not like they got their powers in the 50s and went "let's gently caress off from society harrumph", they just got tired of people trying to murder them and hid away so they wouldn't have to go to war with their cousins.

They HAVE been written as very dickish in the past decade or two, but there's nothing inherently wrong with their basic concept. They're a fantastical hidden society that is unsure about mankind, and tensions arise from villains on both sides. It's classic stuff, really.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Okay, but I really don't have any coherent thoughts relevant to chatting or comics at this point in time.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Is there a reason DC and Marvel don't advertise on TV? I only ever see ads for comics inside of other comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Is there a reason DC and Marvel don't advertise on TV? I only ever see ads for comics inside of other comics.

Marvel did air ads for their Transformers comic, as a stealth ad for the toys since toy commercials were more limited.

• Locked thread