Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

poo poo yeah, 4* gold crystal today

4* Shadow :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Does Bravery stack with Cheer?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Someone should put in the work and update the rank / unit xp chart with time invested. But... :effort: I guess...

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
It's on the wiki

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Now that the Cactuar event is over you really notice how grindy this levelling becomes. I want my Cactuars back!

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
After pulling every day during the 1/2 off thing I finally got somebody great with Exdeath, but in the spirit of the thread I'm going to complain anyway because why couldn't it have been yesterday when the cactaur event was up and I could have used my 18 energy bottles sitting in my inventory.

I can trot out a Mage all-star team with Kefka, Tellah, Ex, and Goblez now, which is good since Artemois is my only 5* physical attacker.

tophet
Oct 28, 2003

Young Orc

Lonely Wizard posted:

If anyone wants a 24-hour Nox script, here's what I made:

code:
0|160|354|0|0|0|459|405|720
1|160|354|0|0|0|463|405|720
0|160|354|0|0|0|468|405|720
1|160|354|0|0|0|1048|405|720
0|130|600|0|0|0|1049|405|720
1|130|600|0|0|0|1058|405|720
0|60|696|0|0|0|2004|405|720
1|60|696|0|0|0|2013|405|720
0|166|578|0|0|0|2914|405|720
1|166|578|0|0|0|2915|405|720
0|166|578|0|0|0|2916|405|720
1|166|578|0|0|0|2917|405|720
0|166|578|0|0|0|2918|405|720
1|166|578|0|0|0|2919|405|720
0|192|502|0|0|0|2920|405|720
1|192|502|0|0|0|2921|405|720
0|166|398|0|0|0|2997|405|720
1|166|398|0|0|0|2998|405|720
0|146|434|0|0|0|3000|405|720
1|146|434|0|0|0|3001|405|720
Does Earth Shrine - Exit with 10+ second delay, does Entrance with 0 second delay. Does not use lapis. Will reject friend requests, will close daily quest popup, will continue the script and reject buying more stam.

This is the fire-and-forget script to use if you want to go on vacation while grinding. I recommend using 25s delay if you want to include limit farming. Do not have an ExDeath in your party for that though, that crash still seems to exist for certain status effects.

Just buy tons of inventory space.

EDIT: Thanks to NinjaDebugger for debugging this script. Looks to work fine now for the resolution noted in the quote!

This is awesome, thanks!

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
My Cheezepuff will one day be amazing.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I had a neat bug, but wasn't able to get a screenshot. I was leveling a Kefka, and when I awakened him from 3 to 4 star, the stats display glitched out and instead of updating the level up preview on the right to 1/60, it showed 41/40. All the stats just became long strings of random numbers that ran off the side of the screen. Then when I exited the screen everything went back to normal. For a moment there, Kefka achieved his final boss form :black101:

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Gerdalti posted:

Funny, since my Kefka is max lvl 5* this loving friend invite number wont stop disappearing, so I just said gently caress it and leave it. Ranking up to 36 after 1 day. New grind meta?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
25 friend slots open, I rotate between Locke, Kefka, and Chizuru. All maxed.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

25 friend slots open, I rotate between Locke, Kefka, and Chizuru. All maxed.

Are you going to post your friend code or are you just letting us know?

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Bring back Cactuars.

But yeah, I was able to max out Vaan, Kefka and Bartz this weekend. Currently have Vaan out, but I'll probably bounce back and forth between him and Kefka mostly.

969098268 if anyone wants in on this action.

I guess it's time to start grinding out Hero Rings. I'm not really sure what else there is to do now besides pull and level more things.

Is there anywhere I can check optimal equipment or anything?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Tagichatn posted:

Are you going to post your friend code or are you just letting us know?

Sorry was messing around in the google doc, 763.793.980

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Kain has become my Shadow during the half cost banner: I've had so many I've gone from 0% to 25% on his TM. Amazingly I still haven't pulled a Lani and only one Vivi and even got General Leo!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Another day, another lani.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Gerdalti posted:

Should probably give her your 2* ifrit

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wait suddenly when I try to boot up the game I get "Please enter a player name" and there's no login with Facebook option. What's this all about?

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I saw a Cyan pop up in my friends list and flew into a rage and cleaned out everyone who couldn't figure out how not to field their garbage tier units. 922,033,238 if anyone wants a maxed Locke, I rotate in maxed Kefka and Exdeath too when it feels right

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

MohShuvuu posted:

Should probably give her your 2* ifrit

That's just my TM farming party, she get's Ifrit in regular stuff.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Please guys put your maxed Lockes in. 3 out of 30 is not enough! :frogsiren:

Government
Nov 2, 2004

Vax posted:

314 709 411

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So I need some more good advice from you people that actually know what you're doing (thanks again shark tower!) So I pulled some straight trash from the banner and about the only usable unit I got out of all of it was shantotto. Not sure if kain is all that great but I got him too

Current lineup is edgar laswell tellah rydia and chiz. Was thinking of dropping edgar for shantotto, but he's a 4 star and she's only 3. Still though it seems like her magic is decent and would be more useful if I can keep her alive with golem.

Thoughts? Is that too many magic guys and not enough physical? Edgar kinda seems to be stuck in the middle between the two. I also rotate in rain and hayate for laz when one is ranking up. Would kain be worth looking at too? Any advice is always appreciated!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So I need some more good advice from you people that actually know what you're doing (thanks again shark tower!) So I pulled some straight trash from the banner and about the only usable unit I got out of all of it was shantotto. Not sure if kain is all that great but I got him too

Current lineup is edgar laswell tellah rydia and chiz. Was thinking of dropping edgar for shantotto, but he's a 4 star and she's only 3. Still though it seems like her magic is decent and would be more useful if I can keep her alive with golem.

Thoughts? Is that too many magic guys and not enough physical? Edgar kinda seems to be stuck in the middle between the two. I also rotate in rain and hayate for laz when one is ranking up. Would kain be worth looking at too? Any advice is always appreciated!

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Read the commentary on the list down below. It basically explains what to expect. Chiz and Tellah are really solid. Edgar has its shining moments. The thing you need the most is a solid healer like Garnet or Lenna. Otherwise you are fine I guess.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Lvl 80 Locke 585 922 642

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Vax posted:

https://exviuswiki.com/Unit_Rankings

Read the commentary on the list down below. It basically explains what to expect. Chiz and Tellah are really solid. Edgar has its shining moments. The thing you need the most is a solid healer like Garnet or Lenna. Otherwise you are fine I guess.

Thanks yeah I read through the list before and edgar and shantotto are rated the same along with hayate and Las so I was just wondering if there's some kind of goon consensus one way or the other. Think I'll Def switch rydia out for shantotto and maybe edgar for fina. What I'm less sure of is if there's some kind of optimal balance for magic dudes vs physical guys but it seems more like it's dependant on who you have which makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Wait suddenly when I try to boot up the game I get "Please enter a player name" and there's no login with Facebook option. What's this all about?

Log out of Facebook on your phone's web browser and log back in. Clear your cache and then try again. If these don't work you need to uninstall and reinstall, happened to me yesterday.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Vax posted:

For anyone who doesn't have it, 484,621,892

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Log out of Facebook on your phone's web browser and log back in. Clear your cache and then try again. If these don't work you need to uninstall and reinstall, happened to me yesterday.

Logging in and out didn't work so I just uninstalled/reinstalled and it works fine now. No idea what happened there but at least it works again.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Thanks yeah I read through the list before and edgar and shantotto are rated the same along with hayate and Las so I was just wondering if there's some kind of goon consensus one way or the other. Think I'll Def switch rydia out for shantotto and maybe edgar for fina. What I'm less sure of is if there's some kind of optimal balance for magic dudes vs physical guys but it seems more like it's dependant on who you have which makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

The optimal balance is actually whatever works for you.

You will find that you can either field a mostly-magic or mostly-physical team, and if you're really lucky you can do both.

3 good/decent magic or physical attackers will really shine if you pair them with a character wth Cheer or Focus (as appropriate) as well as the appropriate Break (that's why Full Break is so great.)

Fina gets Cheer, so she makes any physical party that much better. If you only have one or two magic attackers, that's fine, use them too.

2 physical, 2 magic, 1 support is the magic balance formula.

You will probably want all magic or all physical (with the appropriate Break and Focus/Cheer) to clear the colosseum or other challenge content, though.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The optimal balance is actually whatever works for you.

You will find that you can either field a mostly-magic or mostly-physical team, and if you're really lucky you can do both.

3 good/decent magic or physical attackers will really shine if you pair them with a character wth Cheer or Focus (as appropriate) as well as the appropriate Break (that's why Full Break is so great.)

Fina gets Cheer, so she makes any physical party that much better. If you only have one or two magic attackers, that's fine, use them too.

2 physical, 2 magic, 1 support is the magic balance formula.

You will probably want all magic or all physical (with the appropriate Break and Focus/Cheer) to clear the colosseum or other challenge content, though.

This is precisely what I was curious about thank you very much. I was pretty much totally ignoring support magic so its good to know i should grind out at leadt 1 guy to deal with jt. I know tellah gets some healing spells at some point but i think ill focus on bumping fina up too.

Now if I could pull something other than Penelo or galuf I would be a happy man. Anyone know if they are going to do another friend point banner special anytime soon? Sitting on a good chunk of regular summon tickets and I'm wondering if it's worth just waiting till something like that comes up.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
The only thing worthwhile in the friend point banners are the cactuars/gil snappers. Just sit on your points until then. I think there are a few mediocre TMRs in there also, but you'll just pull them at the same time as the above so just wait.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

This is precisely what I was curious about thank you very much. I was pretty much totally ignoring support magic so its good to know i should grind out at leadt 1 guy to deal with jt. I know tellah gets some healing spells at some point but i think ill focus on bumping fina up too.

Now if I could pull something other than Penelo or galuf I would be a happy man. Anyone know if they are going to do another friend point banner special anytime soon? Sitting on a good chunk of regular summon tickets and I'm wondering if it's worth just waiting till something like that comes up.

This friday should be facebook banner with stellar units. Wait for that, and maybe one extra day to see how rates are.

By the way, has anyone actually managed to pull a Garnet? Doesn't feel like I've seen a single one ingame yet.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Shark Tower posted:

This friday should be facebook banner with stellar units. Wait for that, and maybe one extra day to see how rates are.

By the way, has anyone actually managed to pull a Garnet? Doesn't feel like I've seen a single one ingame yet.

My brother got one, which will basically collect dust since he's got a maxed Lenna already.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Shark Tower posted:

At ~2% summon rate, and not being interesting enough to whale for, especially after last week's atrocious banner, AND her not being a useful helper to have up, that's not too surprising.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Is the Thief Bracer still inaccessible? We need every Earth Key box to get it right?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Shark Tower posted:

got one today but i already have max tm lenna

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Lenna's TM reward, magi staff. Is one okay or should I go for two? If I fuse my 3 lenna's I can get one right now, My current tm farm party is 3x Lenna, 2x Zidane. If my Lenna's were to disappear, next on the grind list is probably kefka,Golbez (is meteor good?) or Edgar/Kain.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
one staff is enough you're only going to use one healer at a time

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

JP players can chime in but I don't see the need for 2 healers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Lenna dual-wielding magi staffs.

• Locked thread