Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Soilders Snake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

quote:

Kaepernick, guess after signing his $100+ million contract he's decided he doesn't want to play football and would rather instead sympathize with the race baiting that is going on in this country. Why he feels it necessary to use the NFL to voice is political beliefs or think that his opinion matters more because he's in the NFL. Feel sorry for the 49ers for being stuck with this piece of work.

quote:

How disrespectful to all those that sacrificed and gave life and limb for Kap's right to make millions and be his awful at what he does. This is not a black and white country, it's made up of people of many different races/nationalities. I high percentage of our military is made up of black people, some of who who gave there lives for that flag. It's just a lazy, inconsiderate, poor thought out form of protest really. Want to make a difference ,use your voice and let your congressman know how you feel get young people involved in the election process. I'm pretty sure most countys have sheriffs that are elected to that position find one that values all life.

quote:

I'm sorry what a loving tool. "People of color are being oppressed" you are currently getting paid millions of dollars to warm the god drat bench, maybe in all your free time not watching game film actually do something about it? Beyond creating a TMZ esque newsworthy moment where you pretend to care.

You want to act like a petulant child because people realized you don't understand football, fine. But don't pretend these are issues constantly assaulting your conscience. Especially at something as trivial as a football game. I hope he never plays again.

quote:

This isn't about politics. This is about a spoiled brat making millions whose unhappy and wants to take his money and go home. So he's going to be as big a jerk as he can as often as he can.

If he were truly interested in the subject he'd be spending some of his money to help kids like the ones in the gang infested schools in Chicago. He'll make $14 million this year. Just a fraction of that money would go a long ways towards helping young black kids get an education which is the only way out for them. If he were so interested in the welfare of young African American kids in this country he'd be doing something like that. It takes no effort to sit on your butt while the national anthem plays. It takes real effort and character to do something that can really make a difference. Don't expect Kap to do the latter.

quote:

Good for him for believing in something so passionately. But lest he forget, he's an NFL football player and is supposed to be a role model. Oh, and your adoptive family is upper middle class and white, because your lovely white mom gave you up after your black dad disappeared.

So tell me again how oppressed you are. You don't even understand the type of oppression that most black people face every day. Because you've never faced it. So now you sit during the anthem of the country that allowed you to pursue your dreams of playing in the NFL, and to become a millionaire? (Even though you've lately proved you don't deserve it.) Give me a break. Start a charity or something. Give back to your community. Give money to black youth. Something!

We always knew your weren't bright Kap. Now I'm done with you. I hope you sit the whole loving season and blame it on your white coach being a racist or something, because that's exactly what the rest of the BLM people do best -- deflect. Deflect blame for your own problems onto someone else. Don't blame your lovely pocket presence or throwing accuracy. Blame the white man. He's the real evil here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

"Like, it's an oxymoron that you're sitting down, disrespecting that flag that has given you the freedom to speak out."

Drew Brees does not know what an oxymoron is.

drew knows and has seen first hand that we force those terrorist to stand so colin can sit

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Aug 30, 2016

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Why are you doing this?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Grittybeard posted:

I fell for a guy arguing that using Over/Under in the wrong way was actually acceptable the other day :negative:

How did that work?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Does anyone want to see my thighs after a bunch of squats 😈

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CURT SCHILLING FUCKIN DELIVERED

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

Does anyone want to see my thighs after a bunch of squats 😈

Please don't self promote your cam shows here

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart/status/770447383469654016

https://twitter.com/DeanlsReal/status/770448433463386113?s=09

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Metapod posted:

Please don't self promote your cam shows here
lol

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Spoeank posted:

Hmm. Good point. Let's ban praying on the field. Because, as we all know, prayer is the ultimate form of slacktivism

Parmesan Basil fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Aug 30, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
also I don't think tony stewart is racist but lol at his "I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND" comment anyway

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Making a spectacle of a faith that tells you not to make your faith a spectacle is the same as speaking your mind in a country that tells you to speak your mind, I agree.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

what if neither bother me, meme-maker. what then.

is that checkmate.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't know who or what thread the jerry rice take posted in but...

https://twitter.com/iHeartMiko/status/770467931075510272?s=09

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
jesus christ shut the gently caress up miko

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
dick in the booty rear end

Miko is a poet

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo Miko loving directly attacked JERRY RICE lol

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Holy poo poo Miko loving directly attacked JERRY RICE lol

tbf that tweet didn't really merit a tactful response

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've known there was something sinister about Jerry Rice since late January of 1989. Nice to see that I was on the right track all along.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

sam bradford lmao posted:

also I don't think tony stewart is racist but lol at his "I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND" comment anyway

He's a NASCAR driver, of course he is racist.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Nah it really doesn't

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Eifert Posting posted:

I've known there was something sinister about Jerry Rice since late January of 1989. Nice to see that I was on the right track all along.
thanks parm

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My new goal in life is to be a HoF voter and try to get Miko in the Hall as a contributor.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pretty amazing that people get so mad about such a small act of political protest still

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TubeStank posted:

Pretty amazing that people get so mad about such a small act of political protest still

It's very much a reaction to the player and not the protest.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Intruder posted:

Chromatic officially has free rein for dog picture posting in this thread

Hope I'm not too late!

http://i.imgur.com/eFDx1kD.gifv

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
also i thought we solved racism when this happened

http://i.imgur.com/KPwZkEu.gifv

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was amazed at the guy on my facebook talking about how soldiers died protecting the anthem

LIke, I imagining a platoon of soldiers gunned down while Hitler holds a gun to the head of the national anthem

I kept on imagining a team of soldiers shooting terrorists while protecting the table where Kap and the NFL were signing his contract since all the facebook people seem to think he owes the military for everything.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Uh excuse me everyone knows the greatest terrorist threat in history was fired last year by Miami do you not remember the self exploded thread of 10/15?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Man I can only imagine what Twitter and Facebook would be like if both were around when Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf did the same thing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

sam bradford lmao posted:

Man I can only imagine what Twitter and Facebook would be like if both were around when Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf did the same thing

Imagine social media when Ali said gently caress off to the Army about Vietnam.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Spoeank posted:

I'm offended at their pathetic ability to quarterback in the NFL.

Backups do not deserve this level of attention.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Kansas City Chiefs player did a bow to Mecca when he scored once IIRC.

It's just dumb and people getting outraged for the sake of outrage. People are allowed to have opinions as much as we disagree with them. Be they Colin Kaepernick, Jerry Rice, Drew Brees or loving Tony Stewart.

I'm on the side of the left, but those that constantly seek validation, attention and slacktivism (ON. BOTH. SIDES.) are dipshits. When someone states their opinion, the best route to go is to go "eh.", and let it the gently caress go.

I respect what Kaepernick did. He has every right to do what he did. He's an American citizen, and that's his freedom of speech. Just like how it's every person's right to agree or disagree with that. You're not automatically a racist because you're offended by what he did. Just like how you're not automatically an "american hater" if you did what he did.

This isn't a message to anyone here. I think you guys are awesome, chill and respectful. But man, my twitter feed blew up with some scorching hot takes this evening, and it upset me that people just seem more content in setting up camp in their respective tribes, name calling rather than trying to reach out and have a conversation.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

FuzzySkinner posted:

Kansas City Chiefs player did a bow to Mecca when he scored once IIRC.

It's just dumb and people getting outraged for the sake of outrage. People are allowed to have opinions as much as we disagree with them. Be they Colin Kaepernick, Jerry Rice, Drew Brees or loving Tony Stewart.

I'm on the side of the left, but those that constantly seek validation, attention and slacktivism (ON. BOTH. SIDES.) are dipshits. When someone states their opinion, the best route to go is to go "eh.", and let it the gently caress go.

I respect what Kaepernick did. He has every right to do what he did. He's an American citizen, and that's his freedom of speech. Just like how it's every person's right to agree or disagree with that. You're not automatically a racist because you're offended by what he did. Just like how you're not automatically an "american hater" if you did what he did.

This isn't a message to anyone here. I think you guys are awesome, chill and respectful. But man, my twitter feed blew up with some scorching hot takes this evening, and it upset me that people just seem more content in setting up camp in their respective tribes, name calling rather than trying to reach out and have a conversation.

mothershitting fuzzy skinner here with the freaking insanely hot take

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Scionix posted:

mothershitting fuzzy skinner here with the freaking insanely hot take

Everyone is wrong, a nuanced and fresh take

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's right though?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

When you hedge that hard you are going to be at least be partially right tho.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's disappointing that Americans can get so upset over something so trivial. We are the kings of blowing things hilariously out of proportion. It's almost as if people are looking to be outraged over something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Husain Abdullah got fined but I don't think Tebow ever did? :confused:

Although, the NFL is so uptight about TD celebrations that I can't say it's really quite a double standard.

• Locked thread