Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Yeah all you have to do with Seth is sell how devoted and loyal to HHH he was and for HHH to do that to him so he becomes sympathetic.

Owens has been tweener for a while now I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't think there really are faces and heels right now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

triplexpac posted:

He can just cut a fiery promo about working hard rehabbing his injury and working his way back to the top, like he should have done when he first came back. It won't be hard at all to turn Seth face

I don't disagree that Seth can cut a babyface promo, I just think that doing that after his actions last night wouldn't make any sense. What's more likely in my mind is Seth whining and Triple H smacking him down for always expecting everything to be given to him.

WWE has been pretty ambiguous about the whole deal so they probably haven't decided yet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I'd say most are face or heel. Like Cesaro/Sheamus a clear face and heel. Sasha Charlotte is clear face and heel New Day are faces and Anderson and Gallows are heels. It's all faces and heels just about only Owens probably is a tweener.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If that ending was supposed to turn Seth face, they probably wouldn't have had him be such a dick earlier in the show. Also, right before he ate a pedigree, he was all excited for Triple H to hand him the victory. Injuring a fan favorite and then being mad about not having the boss cheat for you is a pretty shaky foundation for getting the crowd to be sympathetic.

All it'd take is one promo, and again you're forgetting 2 things:

1. The crowd has WANTED to cheer Seth a long time. It's not like it'll take much doing.
2. He's a dick, but Seth has ostensibly been wrestling face since his return. As I said, throughout the entire match I don't think anyone was more active than Seth. He didn't cheat, either. He's a smug rear end in a top hat but by and large he has a claim to everything he's ever done. Admittedly so does KO, but again I'm working off the combination of Seth seeking revenge for the betrayal being the most natural story and the fact that KO has NEVER been anti-Authority. Seth has, even as the Chosen One. He was pretty much always petulant to HHH and Steph and frequently wanted to prove himself. KO has always been a kayfabe suckup, Seth almost never has. Even in the throes of Authority Seth he was generally "Yeah, I am pretty great, huh? :smug:" more than thankful to HHH and Steph (or Kane and J+J other than that one segment). I guess it could go either way but again Occam's Razor. I realize I'm the guy who incorrectly called a Seth turn at Extreme Rules but IMO thinking Seth will be anything other than an antihero in the wake of this is an even bigger reach than thinking he'd be face immediately upon return.

triplexpac posted:

He can just cut a fiery promo about working hard rehabbing his injury and working his way back to the top, like he should have done when he first came back. It won't be hard at all to turn Seth face

This and an extension of what Seth has literally already done onscreen with the confronting Steph. At one point he just yells "After EVERYTHING I've done for you?!" which A) he has a point and B) is a bigtime vengeful face line.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

A Seth face turn works here as long as they don't have him become Roman's buddy all of a sudden. Roman should still hate him for a while. That's the kind of thing that that writer Chris Kreski who died tried to do and got laughed at for it.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Erick Rowan just killed some local jobber named Steve Corino. I wonder how the real Steve Corino feels about that

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Kawalimus posted:

A Seth face turn works here as long as they don't have him become Roman's buddy all of a sudden. Roman should still hate him for a while. That's the kind of thing that that writer Chris Kreski who died tried to do and got laughed at for it.

I feel like WWE has been a bit better about this lately. I don't think they'll buddy up Seth and Roman right away, but I could see it happening as a slow burn maybe

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think Owens stays heel, unless they keep him aligned with HHH which I'm not sure they will. He's been kind of shifting toward face lately and you look at him insulting Graves the heel commentator in the opening segment. And he has a heel buddy in Jericho who is probably going to wind up feuding with him. And Owens will be the face there.

A little bit of me expected or at least wanted him to take out HHH right after, since I think Owens could pull off a 'gently caress everyone' role ala Stone Cold. Once I thought about it though, his persona is a scumbag that will do anything to get/keep a prize and he has no morals, scruples or self-respect to get in his way. It makes total sense that he'd be fine with sucking up to Trips or Steph or anyone if they conspire to keep him champ.

Anyway I don't want to cheer Seth and I won't and you can't make me :P

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Headbangers confirmed for SD

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Kevin Owens loves his family and going to the zoo
Seth Rollins loves nazis and injuring people

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brock Lesnar posted:

Kevin Owens loves his family and going to the zoo
Seth Rollins loves nazis and injuring people

He also has white power logos on his gear. Beginning to see why smarks love him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

The earliest any hint of the Shield guys being cool with each other again should be Rumble, and that's pushing it.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

The earliest any hint of the Shield guys being cool with each other again should be Rumble, and that's pushing it.

I think they'll probably do a parejas increibles with Rollins/Reigns before then but that doesn't mean they'll get along in the process.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think they'll probably do a parejas increibles with Rollins/Reigns before then but that doesn't mean they'll get along in the process.

I do like the image of all 3 dudes being ganged up on in the middle of the Rumble then getting up, back to back, and the crowd popping as they realize what's happening.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Headbangers confirmed for SD

They're PISSIN all over us

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Gaz-L posted:

I do like the image of all 3 dudes being ganged up on in the middle of the Rumble then getting up, back to back, and the crowd popping as they realize what's happening.

they kinda already did this in that 4-way match with the Shield guys versus, uh, Orton?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was badass

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I know they want to have title matches on TV and all, but it always seems really stupid to me when the booking is:

#1 contender's match - Corbin loses

Styles named #1 contender based on beating JOHN CENA, Ziggler must beat him just to get a shot at another title match, Styles fights like hell to keep him out

Corbin gets title match for no reason on random throwaway Smackdown

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Is it actually a title match? Or just a match that AJ can interrupt?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I know they want to have title matches on TV and all, but it always seems really stupid to me when the booking is:

#1 contender's match - Corbin loses

Styles named #1 contender based on beating JOHN CENA, Ziggler must beat him just to get a shot at another title match, Styles fights like hell to keep him out

Wait it's an actual title match?

If HHH shows up and costs Dean the title, Shield reunion at Survivor Series.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Alain Post posted:

they kinda already did this in that 4-way match with the Shield guys versus, uh, Orton?

Yes, but this time when Seth offers the fist, they'll do the pose and then clear the ring.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Yes, but this time when Seth offers the fist, they'll do the pose and then clear the ring.

I would shamelessly mark and anyone who wouldn't is a butt

It's a non-title match btw.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Alain Post posted:

Yeah, they kicked the poo poo out of Orton, shared a look, and then triple powerbombed him. It felt so right.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Kawalimus posted:

Seth: He turned on me after all I did for him! Can you imagine what that's like?

Roman: ...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHR32jnhhnk
Mick, RVD, and Raven talking about the hardcore title

Wait RAVEN? I thought he was never going to appear on any WWE programming...like ever again.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Hopefully Seth's buddies The New Day will remind him that he's the man.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Gonz posted:

Arn is almost 60 years old, but I guarantee you he's still got a couple perfect spinebusters in his gas tank.

Arn's spinebusters continue to be a thing of beauty to this day.

The More You Know: Arn Anderson is only 6 years older than Steve Austin

Come on, Arn was like 48 years old in 1987.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Tokelau All Star posted:

Come on, Arn was like 48 years old in 1987.

Arn was 48 when he came out of the womb. Dude was already balding in the third trimester.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

ADR apparently gone, to the surprise of nobody. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0830/617082/exclusive-alberto-del-rio-finished-with-wwe/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

WWE making and breaking promises to not only the Big Guy Ryback but also ADR.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is Survivor Series a combined show? We'll probably get Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown if so, right?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

oldpainless posted:

WWE making and breaking promises to not only the Big Guy Ryback but also ADR.

The Big Guy and El Grande Patron, new hottest indy tag team.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Is Survivor Series a combined show? We'll probably get Team Raw vs. Team Smackdown if so, right?

I'm banking on an 8 or 10-woman tag.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I don't like this new Randy Orton wearing pants business

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Wrong thread.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just can't understand why they brought back Del Rio at all.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I would shamelessly mark and anyone who wouldn't is a butt

It's a non-title match btw.

that's a relief, people were all talking about HHH getting Corbin the belt. Obviously that part was a joke, but I thought it was actually a title match. Even though Dean would win it's just like uhhh gently caress Baron Corbin

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I just can't understand why they brought back Del Rio at all.

to "win"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that mexamerica gimmick really needed to happen

• Locked thread