Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Saurus posted:

Maybe they were just planning to use the cocaine as an analgesic paste for up the bum sex?

Like that banana stuff you get at the dentists.

I'm not sure the dentist should be doing that to you. Talk to an adult.

edit: 36, the average age of the sailors on board the submarine Kurks, that sank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Zephro posted:

edit 2: 35 is the sum of the first five triangular numbers, which (apparently) makes it a tetrahedral number

Cos if you stack them on top of each other they make a tetrahedron like stacking dots makes a triangle

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i use lard a lot when cooking now to try and get away from the more heavily processed oils

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

The Saurus posted:

Maybe they were just planning to use the cocaine as an analgesic paste for up the bum sex?

Like that banana stuff you get at the dentists.
Seems like a waste of money when you can just buy lube with lidocaine in.

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not sure the dentist should be doing that to you. Talk to an adult.
nice :classiclol:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Also, the American Thatcher has pretty much died.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

TinTower posted:

Also, the American Thatcher has pretty much died.

Reagan has been dead for a while, sorry to break it to you duder

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I have to get from Croydon to Oxford Circus during the Southern rail strike, suggestions? Not dealt with this before but think it will be better to take Overground from West Croydon to Canada Water and take the Jubilee from there.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Scikar posted:

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be allowed to legislate, I don't know where you're getting that from. I'm saying they should declare their potential conflicts of interst in advance. If a board member of Coca-Cola was legislating on the sugar tax, or a BTL landlord on housing policy, without declaring it, then absolutely they should resign as a matter of integrity. Vaz can't exactly declare that he's doing something illegal so obviously it's more complicated, but how can he demonstrate now that he's arguing in good faith when on the committee?

The quote I saw had Vaz saying he didn't want any but he would pay for it if his guests wanted some.

He has no conflict of interest to declare. This is not what a conflict of interest is. It is something specific

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

I have to get from Croydon to Oxford Circus during the Southern rail strike, suggestions? Not dealt with this before but think it will be better to take Overground from West Croydon to Canada Water and take the Jubilee from there.

taxi to a tube station?

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
You can get a bus from New Cross Gate to Elephant&Castle and take the Bakerloo line from there, otherwise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=101-luAJhkg

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
https://twitter.com/OpenEurope/status/773138591312646144

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

The Saurus posted:

Keith Vazoline

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
They're back to calling 52% an overwhelming mandate.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Regarde Aduck posted:

https://twitter.com/michaelpdeacon/status/746223319595122693

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Reagan has been dead for a while, sorry to break it to you duder

*sister

And she's talking about Arch Lich Phyllis Schlafly, Spawner of Andrew Schlafly, who runs Conservapedia and has been described as sounding like 'a muppet gargling diarrhoea.' After 92 years of wilting plants in her presence and near single-handedly crushing the Equal Rights Act she's finally succumbed to human progress and has been sucked back into the netherworld from which she first blighted this wretched planet.

After endorsing Donald Trump.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

Regarde Aduck posted:

What does that make the 59.5% that Jezza got?

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Guavanaut posted:

I'm not sure about refined cocaine, but coca leaves should definitely be legal. Class A for something that's about as stimulating as a strong coffee but without the jitters, loving lol.

If I recall correctly, coca leaves can be sold, imported and exported legally but have to be decocainized first.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Found John McDonnell's lunch order.

e:

TomViolence posted:

If I recall correctly, coca leaves can be sold, imported and exported legally but have to be decocainized first.
That defeats the point tho. It's like drinking decaf.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbyn4PM/status/773151699741577217

UB40 quashing any doubt that they might be backing an alternative candidate for Labour leader.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
"you before corbyn" is a weird thing to hashtag

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

LemonDrizzle posted:

"you before corbyn" is a weird thing to hashtag

Imagining a 50s pulp sexy paperback with this title :allears:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pounded in the Butt by the Labour Leadership Contest

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I actually rather like that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I actually rather like that.

Well, apart from the fact that May hasn't actually brought the Chinese government around on this, she's merely said she's still reviewing the evidence before making a decision.

Sooner or later she'll have to actually do something or the next 4 years will be hilariously dull.

HorseLord
Aug 26, 2014

Scikar posted:

I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be allowed to legislate, I don't know where you're getting that from. I'm saying they should declare their potential conflicts of interst in advance. If a board member of Coca-Cola was legislating on the sugar tax, or a BTL landlord on housing policy, without declaring it, then absolutely they should resign as a matter of integrity.

Why on earth would you allow any of those people to legislate on any of those things? Explain it to me, why should Coca-Cola get to do legislation? Doing it secretly or not is not the problem. Doing it at all is the problem. It's like death row, not many executions will happen properly if you give control of the electric chair to the condemned.

HorseLord fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Sep 6, 2016

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jose posted:

i use lard a lot when cooking now to try and get away from the more heavily processed oils

Lard is good as is butter.

Vegetable oil tastes like poo poo.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Tesseraction posted:

Well, apart from the fact that May hasn't actually brought the Chinese government around on this, she's merely said she's still reviewing the evidence before making a decision.

Sooner or later she'll have to actually do something or the next 4 years will be hilariously dull.

honestly surprised she hasn't taken advantage of her honeymoon+the complete lack of a functioning opposition to push through some controversial bits of policy

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

V. Illych L. posted:

honestly surprised she hasn't taken advantage of her honeymoon+the complete lack of a functioning opposition to push through some controversial bits of policy

The tories are completely crippled by the failing nature of the UK and as soon as she touches anything Gideon is washed away from the public consciousness

instead of using this, owen smith is getting some bants about smacking some women

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

i like how the chinese got upset at the delay for security concerns then like a day later someone who was going to be involved was charged with spying by the US government

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

tooterfish posted:

I'm not sure I see your point there.

Not trying to pissflaps, I really don't.

Brexit and the failure of the NHS will murder people, mentioning the 7 day NHS ever makes you completely ignorable on any policy point, and everything about the old being parasites there is factually true but presented with incredible maudlin bullshit

don't cull the old but frankly, if they own more than three properties, cull the old or take the properties back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Spangly A posted:

The tories are completely crippled by the failing nature of the UK and as soon as she touches anything Gideon is washed away from the public consciousness

instead of using this, owen smith is getting some bants about smacking some women

That's my assumption too, she's inherited a pile of poo poo and is now worried if she touches it it will collapse on top of her.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

V. Illych L. posted:

Parliament has been in recess until this week - not much chance to do anything.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

That's my assumption too, she's inherited a pile of poo poo and is now worried if she touches it it will collapse on top of her.

The decision to publically humiliate Osbourne was the best she's made in her career and will buy her quite a long time provided she doesn't touch anything. She can even hide from the Drs strike with "not my problem" and eventually selling out Hunt.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Olive oil is a dressing, not for frying with

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if that is sort of the apex of tory ideology. If you run out of things to sell or cut, just sit in office and take credit for the continued if erratic functioning of the remaining state structures, while giving the appearance of governing without actually doing anything.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if that is sort of the apex of tory ideology. If you run out of things to sell or cut, just sit in office and take credit for the continued if erratic functioning of the remaining state structures, while giving the appearance of governing without actually doing anything.

The Sheppey MP who blew himself up with a walled petrol barbeque is arguing that the private care he received means the NHS is still totally functional and the worlds best

So, so close to being one down.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spangly A posted:

Brexit and the failure of the NHS will murder people, mentioning the 7 day NHS ever makes you completely ignorable on any policy point, and everything about the old being parasites there is factually true but presented with incredible maudlin bullshit

don't cull the old but frankly, if they own more than three properties, cull the old or take the properties back.

http://i.imgur.com/HqTfc33.mp4

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I think you need a bit more than a simpsons meme to argue against the inherent evil of the landlord class in the uk marxism thread

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

JFairfax posted:

Olive oil is a dressing, not for frying with

Not true

You can put it in mediterranean stews as well. Keep pouring it in until whatever you're making's glossy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

more like BOLLOCKnese

Spangly A posted:

I think you need a bit more than a simpsons meme to argue against the inherent evil of the landlord class in the uk marxism thread

I'm not a Marxist, i'm a Trot. John McTernan said so, so it must be true!

• Locked thread